Photo

Any one fine the game a bit too.... "serious"

6 replies to this topic
JW599
  • JW599

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm hooked on GTA V and I can't wait to finish each day at work to get home.

I just feel a very tiny bit disappointed that the humour isn't all there. That R* have balanced in a little bit more realism and the daftness and fun handling has gone - like driving over a ramp, flipping your car multiple amount of times followed by the cops doing the same, all those silly little things that make GTA. Those special abilities a very none-GTA like.

V feels to me like a hybrid of Midnight Club & Max Payne with a GTA theme.

I see where R* have gone, appealing to a wider audience but that good old fashioned carnage, rampages, daftness isn't quite there.

Anyone else feel this way? or am I just getting old :/ I still love GTA V though.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm glad it's serious. It's serious with a bit of humour, like IV. And it should stay that way.

Shox
  • Shox

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

There is one level where I felt genuinely uncomfortable. It felt like it was only there for the shock factor.
But all in all, I'm really loving the tone of the game. The characters are serious with the world itself providing the humour.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

It's a lot more humorous then GTAIV in my opinion. Niko had very little sense of humor, and Roman was just annoying. 

Trevor is always good for a few laughs, and Michael sometimes ends up in hilarious situations as well.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

They're not "appealing to a wider audience" They're just using an incredible physics engine (Rage, Euphoria) in their GTA games now. It's a lot better, don't you think? It still feels like a GTA game, it still looks (but slightly updated) like a GTA lll game. The cars are more grounded which is how cars are in real life (they weigh tons - so flipping is not really common unless you're tumbling downhill or going incredibly fast).

I've played MC:LA and the driving doesn't seem entirely like MC:LA, maybe a little bit. But the driving is extremely fun (for me at least). It's a lot more fun than GTA IV where you were just stressing out about sliding all over the place bumping all over the place and driving slow, braking constantly to avoid crashing around 45 degree turns.

But in terms of "feel" GTA V doesn't feel too serious. The city looks and feels laid back and feels like a classic GTA city (like GTA lll's Liberty City). GTA IV was way too serious both in storyline/feel and in graphics. Glad we're beyond those days.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

aliens and clowns

yes it is a very serious game

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

The game feels colorful, intense and it leaves me at the edge of my seat. Every time I play it feels like I'm playing in a Hollywood movie!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users