Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Rockstar North Let R* San Diego develop the next GTA?

39 replies to this topic

Poll: R*N VS R* SD (142 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Rockstar North Let Rockstar San Diego Develop Next GAT?

1. Yes (24 votes [16.90%])

Percentage of vote: 16.90%

2. No (118 votes [83.10%])

Percentage of vote: 83.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote
G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

The reason i say this is San Diego produced the amazing RDR and i think if given the chance they could make a much better game. I believe if they were the ones doing the entire GTA V on their own the game would be bigger and better.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

The reason i say this is San Diego produced the amazing RDR and i think if given the chance they could make a much better game. I believe if they were the ones doing the entire GTA V on their own the game would be bigger and better.

Rockstar San Diego don't even know about PC development, so no.

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Rockstar San Diego don't even know about PC development, so no.

Please vote in the deisgnated area, thanks.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

No, and plus most of the R* studios have involvement in each GTA game.

RockstarMark
  • RockstarMark

Since the very beginning

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

No. GTA V is better than RDR anyway, so what is the point of them taking over in any case.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

yes or maybe a whole new team. I don't know what the scots are smoking nowadays, but I think something went terribly wrong there this time and they should give a brand new team a chance for the next title. Or maybe let it be and don't continue the GTA series.

Seniorbboby
  • Seniorbboby

Air Ground War VET

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

yes or maybe a whole new team. I don't know what the scots are smoking nowadays, but I think something went terribly wrong there this time and they should give a brand new team a chance for the next title. Or maybe let it be and don't continue the GTA series.

They would never discontinue this series after those sales they just made lol.

biggtafan88
  • biggtafan88

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

actually for me this gtav is far way better then rdr...

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

I wouldn't mind, just to mix things up a bit. You have to remember though, no one development team (North, San Diego, Vancouver, Toronto, Leeds etc) creates any Rockstar game. They all help out each other on each of the games, they are just led by a particular team: full GTA sequels by North, RDR & MC by San Diego etc.

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

For me this is the best GTA i ever played so no.

Getix
  • Getix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

Definitely not.

Don't get me wrong, San Diego are good developers. They just lack magic. There's a certain touch that North have that make all their games stand out with quality.

That's not to say they'd make a bad GTA, just a GTA that isn't as good.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Chillin' in LS, yo!

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Nah...They both are great but i guess R* N is the best for GTA. 

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

GTA is Rockstar Norths baby, and they make it better and better every time (well with the exeption of SA which was worse than VC imo), so no.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

The only reason I would want to see R* San Diego take on the next GTA is because R* North are more than likely going to put their focus onto Agent, instead of the pre-production of the next GTA

ChrisDorner
  • ChrisDorner

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Or maybe let it be and don't continue the GTA series.

Take my advice: Never start a business.

Why would you not continue a series whose last entry made roughly 1 billion dollars in a day? Grand Theft Auto is a staple in pop culture now, literally up there with the biggest movies & shows in modern times. It's here to stay.

Pegerino
  • Pegerino

The Heist Driver

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

All rockstar Games branches does well, i dont mind

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

1359649512479.gifLOL

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:15 AM Edited by Neckbeard, 20 September 2013 - 10:15 AM.

Why would you not continue a series whose last entry made roughly 1 billion dollars in a day? Grand Theft Auto is a staple in pop culture now, literally up there with the biggest movies & shows in modern times. It's here to stay.

Have you read one of the recent interviews with one of the Housers?

They really do think about ending the series here and I can understand why:

GTA V is everything they were able to bring into one game, they took  the best out of all of their previous games and mixed it with a fresh idea and a genius story and all of that in the biggest map they've ever created.

There is only so much you can come up with and still be able to surprise fans.

Look at Call of Duty for example, the first 4 games with Modern Warfare being one of the best shooters ever made were very good games but everything after that got worse because they didn't know when to stop.

I'd rather like to remember the GTA series as something great than as a series were the first games were pretty good and everything after that turned into lazy cash cow milking.

Rockstar has other franchises they could make sequels of or they could always surprise us with a completely new idea.

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:17 AM Edited by ryantoma, 20 September 2013 - 10:18 AM.

The reason i say this is San Diego produced the amazing RDR

So gta 5 isnt amazing?

I think it is and know a LOT of people who also love it and are playing it. They started it, why change it when lots of people love it...

Oh and ending it now would be stupid. Its a massive game, you get a status, why stop it. Its not like they knock games out every year.

2491cc
  • 2491cc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

No, because then GTA would lose it's unique humour feel, atmosphere, everything. It wouldn't be GTA anymore.  If Americans were in charge of GTA, it would become another generic load of crap, like saints row. GTA has always been a parody of America. It's what America looks like to the outside world, exaggerated. Americans would be less willing to laugh at themselves if they developed it. I think it's best left to the pro's, the people who have always made it. 

A billion a day? Quit making sh*t up. They're expected to make 1 billion in the first YEAR.

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

rockstar did state that even though gta 5 was developed at the scotland office they had people from other offices working together with them

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

Obvious troll is obvious. I hated Red Dead and I love GTA V so absolutely not.

SirTerning
  • SirTerning

Whoopie

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by SirTerning, 20 September 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Have you read one of the recent interviews with one of the Housers?

They really do think about ending the series here and I can understand why:

GTA V is everything they were able to bring into one game, they took  the best out of all of their previous games and mixed it with a fresh idea and a genius story and all of that in the biggest map they've ever created.

There is only so much you can come up with and still be able to surprise fans.

Look at Call of Duty for example, the first 4 games with Modern Warfare being one of the best shooters ever made were very good games but everything after that got worse because they didn't know when to stop.

I'd rather like to remember the GTA series as something great than as a series were the first games were pretty good and everything after that turned into lazy cash cow milking.

Rockstar has other franchises they could make sequels of or they could always surprise us with a completely new idea.

Dude, the housers also said that they would not stop before they had simulated a whole world in real time, which would work at its own and not with pre-defined scripts as it does in GTAV. 
Also one of the devs also talked about the possibility of melting every GTA Universe (Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty City) into one game, so I don't think that they will be stopping anytime soon ;)

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

No, because then GTA would lose it's unique humour feel, atmosphere, everything. It wouldn't be GTA anymore.  If Americans were in charge of GTA, it would become another generic load of crap, like saints row. GTA has always been a parody of America. It's what America looks like to the outside world, exaggerated. Americans would be less willing to laugh at themselves if they developed it. I think it's best left to the pro's, the people who have always made it. 

A billion a day? Quit making sh*t up. They're expected to make 1 billion in the first YEAR.

You are greatly mistaken. While his one billion estimate was incorrect, it was accurate - as, in the first day they profited $800 Million. 

line of chop
  • line of chop

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

I wouldnt mind them taking over the development of GTA so Rnorth can finish Agent.

2491cc
  • 2491cc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

The only good game Americans have made is The Last of Us. Everything else is just mindless crap for mindless people. 

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Leave the series to the guys who know how to do it best. Im sure the San Diego guys are also busy working on their own things. (Possible Sequel to RDR?)

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

I feel you are not satisfied with GTA V.

DigitalSpace
  • DigitalSpace

Galaxy

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

They would never discontinue this series after those sales they just made lol.

They are actually thinking about it :/

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

I think he meant that its revenue for one day's sales was close to a billion dollars. In other words, they sold a billion dollars worth of copies in 24 hours. How much profit they actually made from that, who knows? I'm guessing a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users