So how do you blow up a car in GTA V?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic
Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

I know its a dumb question but..I dunno..I keep trying to do it. Rockstar said if you hit the gas tank, it leaves a trail of gasoline to shoot at. But either I'm stupid or somethings wrong, because I can't find the gas tank on MOST cars. Like..I crashed my car into some other dudes car in the middle of the desert. And I wanted to do a "Leave no evidence" thing and I tried to blow up the car just by shooting at it. Couldn't do it. Is there some specific part i have to shoot at or..What? I remember doing it once, but it was with a garbage truck..It had that huge gas tank that was pretty out in the open.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

shoot at the engine with a shotgun... or steal one, get your petrol can, draw a circle around it, shoot the circle, then wait a few seconds.

DJS
  • DJS

ʕᴥʔ

• GTAF Crew
  • Scotland
  • Best Scottish

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Its possible to blow up cars just by shooting them, failing that. Sticky bomb or grenade (personally haven't used a grenade but I'm sure it will do the trick) The gas tanks are usually on the side of the car above the rear wheel, I'm not sure if they are always on one side or not. I once got a mini cooper looking car and shot the gas tank for lols, Started leaking gas and drove it for a bit before it just died. Was pretty cool.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

I know its a dumb question but..I dunno..I keep trying to do it. Rockstar said if you hit the gas tank, it leaves a trail of gasoline to shoot at. But either I'm stupid or somethings wrong, because I can't find the gas tank on MOST cars. Like..I crashed my car into some other dudes car in the middle of the desert. And I wanted to do a "Leave no evidence" thing and I tried to blow up the car just by shooting at it. Couldn't do it. Is there some specific part i have to shoot at or..What? I remember doing it once, but it was with a garbage truck..It had that huge gas tank that was pretty out in the open.

the "trail of gasoline" only appears in scripted scenes.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

If you're having trouble shooting the car and making it leak gas, just shoot randomly around the tires (In the lower parts) and it'll start leaking.

Either that, or get on a high place, jump off, pratfall onto it and it'll blow you sky high.

DJS
  • DJS

ʕᴥʔ

• GTAF Crew
  • Scotland
  • Best Scottish

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

No it doesn't, you can do it whenever you want.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Thanks guys..But one other thing. Maybe its cuz I'm only at 36% completion but uh..When I go to Los Santos Customs, I dont see a petrol tank option.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Incorrect, you can actually shoot around the tires and have it leak gasoline, only problem is, I never see the filling thing, but spraying and praying randomly around the back tires works fine.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Incorrect, you can actually shoot around the tires and have it leak gasoline, only problem is, I never see the filling thing, but spraying and praying randomly around the back tires works fine.

Oh ok! I was just wondering why this isn't working. Will give it a try again as soon as I can play. Thanks.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Or just slap on a sticky bomb, get a good view point, and enjoy the fireworks. :D

MRGREAPER
  • MRGREAPER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

I did a video to better show how to hit a fuel tank and make it leak :)

Hope that helps chap

• boxmonster, Kemo66 and irish-sid like this

Kemo66
  • Kemo66

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hope that helps chap

Thanks chap - this has been bugging me how to do this for a while

JOHNNYLEX
  • JOHNNYLEX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hope that helps chap

Awesome thanks man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users