Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does the wanted level system need patching?

10 replies to this topic
Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

I love the system and the AI, but the only thing is, it seems like a "1 star wanted level" is pretty much non-existent anymore. You can't even get busted unless you willingly give yourself up anymore. 

I hit a cop car (bumped him) that pretty much equals 2 stars now since if you drive away from the cops for more than 10 seconds, they begin to shoot to kill.

I don't know, what do you think? I think cops shouldn't shoot at us until they're shot AT. But if a cop is KILLED, 3 stars.

ZRose
  • ZRose

THE ONE

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

No.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

yes.

The cops "AI" and the wanted system is ridiculous and pretty annoying. But well, they won't fix that.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

No.

But on foot non-lethal chases are non-existent now. Even if you're unarmed... if you steal a car, then start running on foot with a cop chasing you, he will start shooting you within 15 seconds if you don't surrender. It's ridiculous. Even cops in real life wouldn't shoot until they're shot at.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:51 AM Edited by Ronrollin9434, 20 September 2013 - 08:52 AM.

I just got to the part where I unlocked stun guns and police sticks. Does anyone know if this makes police use these weapons from this point on?

I think Rockstar should patch up the system and focus on 1 star wanted levels and focus on a way to get our characters INVOLUNTARILY busted. Like, for example: if a police stun guns you from distance, they can easily put you at gunpoint on the ground, and you have no choice of resisting arrest or running away. Same thing with police sticks.

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

They shouldn't start shooting until you start shooting. I don't know what caused rockstar to change this...

Vamp 1911
  • Vamp 1911

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

The OP is right. I don't feel like I can play around with the cops anymore. Shame really.

The game guide says that running from cops is automatic 2 stars and shooting a gun near cops is straight to 3 stars. That seems pretty harsh. It will not be patched, so work around tactics will have to do.  

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

I hate that too. Even if you don't kill someone or fire a gun, the cops will shoot you. In GTA San Andreas I always loved to just punch a cop in the face, and he would start to fight me with his nightstick. That was so much fun. And sure, eventually he'd pull out his gun. But not immediately.

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

I don't like how quickly one star escalates to two.

When the police chase you at 1 star, you earn a second one within 5 seconds or so, which is sorta overaggressive.

I've even had instances where the police ran over to me to bust me, but by the time they got there, enough time had passed to earn a second star. Once this happens they open fire immediately.

It should take much longer to get a second star if running away, GTA4 you had like 2 minutes of running before they finally open fire.

I think like 1 minute or 45 seconds would be enough, not 10 or so.

One other thing, unless the cops are chasing an NPC or the player, I havn't seen many police officers on patrol, I find the cars EXTREMELY RARELY and havn't even seen an officer on foot yet.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Same here. But I guess that's realistic. You won't see cop cars all too often in real life, either. The amount of police you saw in IV would make you think you were living in a police state.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

I think the wanted system is overall better than previous GTAs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users