Photo

The Radio Stations are :(

79 replies to this topic
Duty.281
  • Duty.281

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

I am completely against using the term "gay" in an inappropriate situation, however the people acting like they have never heard it used that way outside of this topic bother me. Don't act like it's never been a saying, just state that you disagree with it. It shows weak vocabulary and a small social skillset, but saying "How can a radio station be gay," makes you sound pretentious, we have all heard it before.

Sign me up for being pretentious then.

Don't forget a cock sucking fa**ot too  :die:

Well as I'm gay, or mayhe bi, fair comment I guess!

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by LazyboyEight, 21 September 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Anyone else having a soft spot for NSP FM?

*Raises hand*

*then proceeds to slap you around the face with it* :p

but nah NSP is good at some points, at others I turn it off. There's some good nostalgic music there like Music Sounds Better With You and Lady so it's a station I always check. 

IMO V has good stations, maybe Vinewood Boulevard wasn't as good as I expected, but Mirror Park and Soulwax have some good songs (The Set Up and Shockwave, respectively) along with West Coast Classics and Radio LS.
  • TheDeaconBosco likes this

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

I am completely against using the term "gay" in an inappropriate situation, however the people acting like they have never heard it used that way outside of this topic bother me. Don't act like it's never been a saying, just state that you disagree with it. It shows weak vocabulary and a small social skillset, but saying "How can a radio station be gay," makes you sound pretentious, we have all heard it before.

Sign me up for being pretentious then.

Don't forget a cock sucking fa**ot too  :die:

Well as I'm gay, or mayhe bi, fair comment I guess!

Me too!! :blush:  Let's have butt sex.

qkdefus
  • qkdefus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

f*cking rap songs and britney spears in every god damn car.. why cant i set it for a FIXED channel ?

jonesyy26
  • jonesyy26

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

It's not great but it's far better than GTA IV

leestons
  • leestons

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:50 AM Edited by leestons, 22 September 2013 - 02:51 AM.

l use the word "gay" however I damn well please.

I don't remember Rockstar ever being good at choosing songs to license for the radio stations, with a few exceptions. The poor quality radio stations are one of many problems with GTA V. By the way, don't use the word "gay" in that manner because it is offensive.

Anyways, there are barley any problems with this game. Just the radio stations for now.

I meant to say "please don't" or "you shouldn't." You have every right to use the word "gay" how you want but it would be good if you were aware of society's sensitivity toward these things. Back to the game; there are many other problems, including horrible and dim vehicle lights, absurdly over-aggressive cops, rapid deceleration, among other problems.

You have to mention that in every topic don't you. Give it a f*cking rest already.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:30 AM Edited by Lagful, 22 September 2013 - 03:30 AM.

I was really disapointed with the Electronic tracks they chose. Aphex Twin, Shadow Child, and Modjo were the only decent artists in my opinion.

BohanThug
  • BohanThug

Niko Bellic went quiet.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

WEST END GIRLS FTW!!!

HamSandwich
  • HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

GASLAMP KILLER on worldwode fm is a really good song

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Not enough Metal...just like real radio lol.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

I was a bit disappointed as well.  Rebel Radio and West Coast Classics are fantastic and the pop station is ok (I would rather it be a good selection of all modern pop - the 90's and older pop tracks just feel kind of awkward and aren't very good) the rock stations suck, and the rap station is just ok.  Imo:

Vice City > San Andreas > LCS > V > IV > EFLC > VCS

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Most of the radio stations are so bad that I only listen to Non-Stop Pop Fm and the talk radio. Occasionally I switch to another station when there's a trailer song.

tommysalive
  • tommysalive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by tommysalive, 23 September 2013 - 06:28 PM.

It seems even the talk radio is lacking. In Vice City VCPR had lots of amazing stuff and it would be quite a while before they'd run out of stuff. About 5 hours into this, flicking to the talk radio only rarely I'd already heard everything and most of it isn't even funny or is just recycled jokes from other parts of the game (Fernando is basically just the Yoga guy).
As most others have said there really hasn't been anything quite as good as Vice City, everytime you get in a car there's something amazing on at least one station and it was usually the first thing I'd do when getting into a car. Now in V I find myself listening to the gameplay music more than the radio. I think there are 6 songs I like in the whole game.

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

It's always baffled me why they never put in a custom radio station to allow us to use our own mp3 music off our playstations??  This game would be a heck of a lot better if they would add this simple thing..

I love having my own music in games and many other games allow this why an open world kick ass game like this doesn't is beyond me.

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

It all depends on your taste in music.  Seems this game is lacking in Punk Rock / Metal music so obviously those people will not like it.   But me, I love the Rock and pop stations.  

Spoiler

sirius89
  • sirius89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by sirius89, 23 September 2013 - 08:12 PM.

I kinda have to agree after a couple days now with the game.There are 10-15 tracks that are really good imo everything else is straight up garbage (especially the eletronic tracks,who the f*ck chose this trash?).This game really needs a custom radio station where i can put MP3's in the game and where i can freely switch between tracks.I have so many tracks that would fit the game nicely.

tommysalive
  • tommysalive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I went through the wiki and there are 8 decent songs on there. There are only 5 other songs I even recognise. I would have thought Michael's character would have necessitated some more of the classic rock 70s stuff like Genesis, The Who. Franklin's character has 5 radio stations that play music similar to the Radio Los Santos that is his default setting.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

I hate modern hip hop but the Radio Los Santos has some catchy tracks. Mirror Park is my fav because I love Indie music but most of the song are actually sh*t. Nonstop pop is by far the most unlistenable.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Overall I really like the radio and all the different stations. But one thing I don't understand is why Soulwax got their own station. Electronic is my favorite genre but their songs aren't catchy at all. I was really hoping for some trap music.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

Asap Rocky - R-Cali. Immense tune whilst cruising for hookers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users