Photo

The Radio Stations are :(

79 replies to this topic
Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Radio stations are gay? What does that even mean?

'happy'?

No, It means they suck or are terrible. Gay = stupid/useless. That's what I meant.

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Stop being a one track minded person and expose yourself to different genres nothing is wrong with the music in this game except for eddie murphys party all the tine lol

I'm not a one track minded person. I despise Hip-Hop and hate modern pop crap. So I already know what all that sh*t's about. There aren't any good tunes or stations I can really enjoy like in previous games.

I hope R* lets me add a custom station in a patch.

Jayysun
  • Jayysun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

I don't remember Rockstar ever being good at choosing songs to license for the radio stations, with a few exceptions. The poor quality radio stations are one of many problems with GTA V. By the way, don't use the word "gay" in that manner because it is offensive.

I'll use the word "gay" however I damn well please.

Anyways, there are barley any problems with this game. Just the radio stations for now.

No you won't. Keep it up and you'll have a few days off from posting. I edited your topic title.

:^:

Jayysun
  • Jayysun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

'happy'?

No, It means they suck or are terrible. Gay = stupid/useless. That's what I meant.

Maybe that's what you meant, but that is not what gay means...

Full Definition of GAY
a: happily excited : merry<in a gay mood>

b: keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song>
a: bright, lively<gay sunny meadows>

b: brilliant in color
: given to social pleasures; also: licentious
a: homosexual<gay men>

b: of, relating to, or used by homosexuals <the gay rights movement><a gay bar>

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Vice Cty had some of the best in-game-in-car music ever, but maybe that's because I still like 80s music :)

At least they put a Phil Collins track in V, but could do with some classic Genesis IMHO for 'mood driving'.

Any way of making your own radio station with your own music tracks? I wish I could plug in a USB stick full of mp3s and it randomly cycles through them, that would be so great as R* wouldn't have any licensing issues as the gamer supplies their own music.

fluff304
  • fluff304

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I would have loved to see more of a variety and more songs that I already know, or at least a decent spread of genres.

They should have put a hard rock station with songs from bands like Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, Pantera, etc..... More modern country would have also been good, as well as more popular rap songs, along with a "Generation X" (90's) station.

The main problem is that they are putting songs on here that the majority of people have not heard before. The station with the most songs I know is the rock station because I listen to alot of classic rock. It's just stupid that a game like this would put a soundtrack that is upwards of 85% either unfamiliar or boring. I don't even bother switching the radio channels in vehicles because it's easier just to tune out the crappy music and not fight the crappy selection. I mean you make a badass game with badass features and a badass storyline, but put a completely useless soundtrack to it.

/rant

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Ich nehme eine Brötchen und stecke das in mein Arschloch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Things like this are why I want another GTA set in the past.

Nothing beats the classics.

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

I would have loved to see more of a variety and more songs that I already know, or at least a decent spread of genres.

They should have put a hard rock station with songs from bands like Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, Pantera, etc..... More modern country would have also been good, as well as more popular rap songs, along with a "Generation X" (90's) station.

The main problem is that they are putting songs on here that the majority of people have not heard before. The station with the most songs I know is the rock station because I listen to alot of classic rock. It's just stupid that a game like this would put a soundtrack that is upwards of 85% either unfamiliar or boring. I don't even bother switching the radio channels in vehicles because it's easier just to tune out the crappy music and not fight the crappy selection. I mean you make a badass game with badass features and a badass storyline, but put a completely useless soundtrack to it.

/rant

Exactly. This trend started in GTA 4 and I have no idea what they are trying to achieve with it. I mean, they have a huge budget, so I assume money is not the problem. And even if you like discovering new artist, the fact is that 80% of less familiar music in this is pure garbage. 

And forget rap and hiphop. Even tho it's not my cup of tea and I can see some people enjoying it, especially in a game like this. But Rihanna, Britney Spears, sh*tload of unknown soul, funk and terrible modern raggae? Do they really think GTA fans want to have something like this on the radio. 

Not to mentions DJs and stations itself are generic and have absolutely no soul.

Duty.281
  • Duty.281

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

'happy'?

I think you need to consult a dictionary, my dear.

HamSandwich
  • HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

3 days into playing and im sick of a few songs.

5 years i played gta4 never felt this way about it

i think i will have to turn it off

plus whats with the recycled content? Js bail bonds is almost the same commercial as vig insurence just not as funny?

It really seems like most of this content is geared to make children laugh? ( why are they selling to kids?)

Another thing i have to get off my chest. That is I feel the creators / writers of the game are going out of their way to use this as a platform to express how much they hate America & Americans! The comments about our sh*t healthcare and how we should live more European? Then bringing back torture missions and all the dialog afterward?

after how bad gta5 is I hope DanHouser gets raided by homeland security

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by Vorpax, 21 September 2013 - 11:21 AM.

I'm more disappointed not in the variety of stations themselves, but rather in the way R* chosen individual tracks on each station! I mean its really weird if you think about it! Tracks on each of the station are managed terribly, i don't get why there's sometimes multiple tracks of the same artist on the same station, i don't get why they all don't even sound like hit tracks, like you know each of those artist's best, that would everyone like, i don't get too many things and decisions R* made with the radio stations management, its almost like they didn't really care for it and just thrown it for us there for the sake of being there, instead of taking good care of it and actually putting heart and soul in each station, like they did with SA and VC stations!...Lets just compare Vice City's Flash FM and then take any of the V's station as an example! Tell me which one has more appealing and melodic tracks? yeah thats right! And thats the point! I'm huge 80's and 90's (well...first half of the 90's for the most part!...) music fan and its very disappoint, lack of the music of that age span is killing me! Once V will get released for PCs i will immediately use Independence FM to my advantage and put all the tracks i want there! I hope R* won't drop the ball and actually put some DJ/Host there to make Independence FM feel like an actually radio station, rather then some custom audio tape/CD...

• HamSandwich likes this

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

The music sucks. End of story.

I am fine listening to the dialogue and blasting my Ipod in the background. Hell, I could make some kick ass stations for R* if they let me on board.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

I don't know about you guys, I personally love the country music in K Rose, but the Rebel Radio is just.. meh I am truly disappointed that they removed K Rose and replaced it with Rebel Radio, which is not as chill as K Rose. K Rose is still the best radio to cruise around the countryside (at least for me). 

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

The radio stations aren't :(

The radio stations are :)

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

I don't remember Rockstar ever being good at choosing songs to license for the radio stations, with a few exceptions. The poor quality radio stations are one of many problems with GTA V. By the way, don't use the word "gay" in that manner because it is offensive.

I'll use the word "gay" however I damn well please.

Anyways, there are barley any problems with this game. Just the radio stations for now.

You're a rebel, huh? Not using offensive words is not being politically correct.

This is true. I despise "political correctness," but only when it stifles honest and legitimate discussions, not when it stifles people from needlessly using offensive words in innacurate ways. Political correctness in of itself is not a bad idea, it's when it is taken too far to the point that honest discussion on some issues is impossible, as is certainly the case in Western society, that it is bad.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

I thought the Rock music sucked in it I was thinking what was worse V or IV. They should have done what they did with the Hiphop station. Queen alone can't save it.. The pop music was better than that sh*t. Country was awful nowhere near SA level when it comes to those genres

Anyway loved Radio los santos gave me a little more hope for Hiphop. West Coast was sick.

BTW I now hate convoys.

Duty.281
  • Duty.281

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

The music sucks. End of story.

I am fine listening to the dialogue and blasting my Ipod in the background. Hell, I could make some kick ass stations for R* if they let me on board.

Well that's your opinion.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

Looking for a black best friend- PM Me

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

I am completely against using the term "gay" in an inappropriate situation, however the people acting like they have never heard it used that way outside of this topic bother me. Don't act like it's never been a saying, just state that you disagree with it. It shows weak vocabulary and a small social skillset, but saying "How can a radio station be gay," makes you sound pretentious, we have all heard it before.

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Just broaden your senses a little, geez... Not everybody is interested in hearing the music you like, I'm fine with the 90s dance tracks, the country and the pop, even some of the old school rap is fine by me. Just because it doesn't have metal or whatever the f*ck in it, doesn't mean the /music/ sucks, you just have a very egotistical view on it. :3

Duty.281
  • Duty.281

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I am completely against using the term "gay" in an inappropriate situation, however the people acting like they have never heard it used that way outside of this topic bother me. Don't act like it's never been a saying, just state that you disagree with it. It shows weak vocabulary and a small social skillset, but saying "How can a radio station be gay," makes you sound pretentious, we have all heard it before.

Sign me up for being pretentious then.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Also have to add they failed on the Jamaican music the two channels on IV was great. I knew every song on Massive B I didn't know any song on Blue and most of them sucked. First GTA were they failed on those genres.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

The radio station are alright I like some songs.

WV_DallasFan
  • WV_DallasFan

Pit Pirates

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

San Andreas still the best, hope they can meet it's glory on the new grand in 10 years

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Sign me up for being pretentious then.

Don't forget a cock sucking fa**ot too  :die:

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

I don't really mind the tracklist personally, I think it fits the environment and tone of the story rather well. If there's anything that disappoints me about the radio stations, it's the choice of DJ's. So many of them just seem to be either so devoid of personality or their lines sound forced. I'd rather have the likes of Toni and Iggy Pop over Cara Delevingne and Kenny Loggins any day of the week.

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

The radio stations are not to my liking. I just use my own playlists. They should have had at least a custom station option.

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

They should have included "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk on the Pop or Dance station and Neil Diamond's "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show" on the 70s station. I could generate a list of dozens of great songs that would fit well with this game that Rockstar didn't include. The only decent song I heard so far is the Bob Segar song. I mostly like late 1990s to modern pop and pop/rock (and I have a taste for 70s pop/rock too) but I have heard no good pop songs  from the last 15 years. Rihanna just isn't that good and Rockstar could have gotten much better pop songs for similar licensing prices.

I'm willing to overlook this though because my bigger concern has to do with rapid deceleration, extremely dim brake lights, etc.

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Just broaden your senses a little, geez... Not everybody is interested in hearing the music you like, I'm fine with the 90s dance tracks, the country and the pop, even some of the old school rap is fine by me. Just because it doesn't have metal or whatever the f*ck in it, doesn't mean the /music/ sucks, you just have a very egotistical view on it. :3

Don't know about the 90s dance, but the selection of country and pop songs stinks more or less. Also Rebel radio has just 14 tracks (no female singers whatsoever), each about 3 minutes long, and that leads to a lot of repetition. And since half the map is countryside (and we have 3 hiphop/rap stations if you count east los), why not have 2 country stations.

They should have included "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk on the Pop or Dance station and Neil Diamond's "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show" on the 70s station. I could generate a list of dozens of great songs that would fit well with this game that Rockstar didn't include. The only decent song I heard so far is the Bob Segar song. I mostly like late 1990s to modern pop and pop/rock (and I have a taste for 70s pop/rock too) but I have heard no good pop songs  from the last 15 years. Rihanna just isn't that good and Rockstar could have gotten much better pop songs for similar licensing prices.

I'm willing to overlook this though because my bigger concern has to do with rapid deceleration, extremely dim brake lights, etc.

lol Yeah, Get Lucky is just what we need ...

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

My favorite station is the Pop-one.

Very enjoyable driving around to Corona - Rhythm of the Night, or why not trying to lose some Cops to Brittney - Gimme More :)

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Would have really liked to see these songs added...

Kajagoogoo - Too Shy

Wham - Wake Me Up

Carl Bean - I Was Born This Way

Loose Joints - Is It All Over My Face

Divine - Native Love

Sylvester - You Make Me Feel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users