Photo

The Radio Stations are :(

79 replies to this topic
Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

I was surprised at how utterly sh*t the radio stations are in this game. All the stations suck save for a few tracks on the Punk and Country stations and that ONE Aphex Twin track. The rest is either stupid cRap/Hip-Hop/Indie/Modern Pop crap.

Where's the Industrial and Heavy Metal music? Some better Electronic music would've even done the trick.

Very dissapointed.

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

one of them had the black angels on it and some decent songs afterward. Its hard to know/check what station you're on without accidentally changing.

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

Insinuating homosexual slang can be applied to objects invalidates anything you have to say in the post.
  • Cyper, Ollie8557 and Lucius Aelius like this

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

The songs in this game aren't as good as the previous ones. Though I'm not too bothered by it.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Imho the radio stations are way better than in IV (of course they can't compare with VC radiostations, if you ask me)

Every person has a different taste of music, so this is just your opinion.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Fuller10
  • Fuller10

*$#* $*** *%#$*** $%**!!!!&#

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Radio stations are great IMO

HeliWolf420
  • HeliWolf420

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Bearing in mind that its completely subjective, I have to say that I can't agree with you at all. Usually in a GTA game I find one station that I listen to (V-Rock, Liberty Rock Radio) while I just skim the others for the few tracks I like. With V I'm lostening to every station and hardly ever change them. Rockstar have done a ridiculously good job this time. I thought IV was really weak in the music department, except for a few outstanding tracks (1979 comes to mind) and most of Classics FM. I never thought they could top Vice City but I think they've done it.

The hardcore station is amazing, West Coast Classics is almost perfect and Flylo FM is ridiculously good driving music.

Great, great job.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Mitha
  • Mitha

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

The rest is either stupid cRap/Hip-Hop/Indie/Modern Pop crap.

Please.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Great selection of music. Something great about listening to Britney Spears during a high speed getaway lol
  • FranklinsMasterSword and KDDaniel like this

Retrorex
  • Retrorex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

I heard Robyn, every heartbeat on the pop station. I'm happy (and straight) =D

Not a big fan of rap music, which seems to be all the other channels apart from pop but hey I can't say I have tried them all out. Too busy having fun with everything else.

To be honest I turn the radio off half the time as my gf watches me play and is always talking to me about the game. (I know she secretly wants to play it)

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

I just mute the volume and blast my Ipod. Problem solved. I don't have to deal with the games sh*t music.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Anyone else having a soft spot for NSP FM? 

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

I don't remember Rockstar ever being good at choosing songs to license for the radio stations, with a few exceptions. The poor quality radio stations are one of many problems with GTA V. By the way, don't use the word "gay" in that manner because it is offensive.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

I don't remember Rockstar ever being good at choosing songs to license for the radio stations, with a few exceptions. The poor quality radio stations are one of many problems with GTA V. By the way, don't use the word "gay" in that manner because it is offensive.

I'll use the word "gay" however I damn well please.

Anyways, there are barley any problems with this game. Just the radio stations for now.

• GeneticallyDifferent likes this

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Anyways, there are barley any problems with this game. Just the radio stations for now.

I meant to say "please don't" or "you shouldn't." You have every right to use the word "gay" how you want but it would be good if you were aware of society's sensitivity toward these things. Back to the game; there are many other problems, including horrible and dim vehicle lights, absurdly over-aggressive cops, rapid deceleration, among other problems.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

one of them had the black angels on it and some decent songs afterward. Its hard to know/check what station you're on without accidentally changing.

If you hold your left button on the D-Pad, you can visualize the stations as a wheel, accompanied by the track currently playing.

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I meant to say "please don't" or "you shouldn't." You have every right to use the word "gay" how you want but it would be good if you were aware of society's sensitivity toward these things. Back to the game; there are many other problems, including horrible and dim vehicle lights, absurdly over-aggressive cops, rapid deceleration, among other problems.

I don't follow societies rules or appease to Political Corectness.

Dim vehicle lights? XD What? Why would that matter at all? It's fun trying to outrun better cops. More of a challenge. The handling is fine once it's gotten used to.

GustavoMota
  • GustavoMota

Whatchu want, some wheels?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

I haven't paid a ton of attention to the radio stations yet, but so far I've heard Still Dre and Convoy... that's good enough for me to give it a passing grade.

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Think the only station ill listen to is talk radio if I do.

Duty.281
  • Duty.281

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

Radio stations are gay? What does that even mean?

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

How are these radio stations homosexual? A radio station is not a living creature with emotions and desire for a homosexual partner.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Bearing in mind that its completely subjective, I have to say that I can't agree with you at all. Usually in a GTA game I find one station that I listen to (V-Rock, Liberty Rock Radio) while I just skim the others for the few tracks I like. With V I'm lostening to every station and hardly ever change them. Rockstar have done a ridiculously good job this time. I thought IV was really weak in the music department, except for a few outstanding tracks (1979 comes to mind) and most of Classics FM. I never thought they could top Vice City but I think they've done it.

The hardcore station is amazing, West Coast Classics is almost perfect and Flylo FM is ridiculously good driving music.

Great, great job.

i  agree, its so hard to beat VC and SA's soundtrack because they were in a certain era so all of the music works so well, but this is better than IV and i think it fits an LA perfect, the west coast rap station is good, country is great, IDM station good, punk station good, plus they have awesome DJs

Phopper
  • Phopper

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

This thread is "gay".
Conversely, you sound pretty homophobic lol.

BlackeyGRAM
  • BlackeyGRAM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

Stop being a one track minded person and expose yourself to different genres nothing is wrong with the music in this game except for eddie murphys party all the tine lol

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

The music is okay but surprisingly I prefer IV's, especially Vice City FM from tbogt. Surprised they had no 80's or R&B station. That right there was a turn off. The only good stations are Rebel and West Coast Classics.

Phopper
  • Phopper

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

real life radio kind of sucks too.
GTA radio is much better than anything on the radio in real life.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

No you won't. Keep it up and you'll have a few days off from posting. I edited your topic title.

• Hugef1 and Jayysun like this

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

You're a rebel, huh? Not using offensive words is not being politically correct.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Radio stations are gay? What does that even mean?

'happy'?

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Better than IV, but nowhere near Vice City or San Andreas. Hoping for some more rock and country in future dlcs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users