Photo

The Fort Zancudo Topic!

256 replies to this topic
Cats of Kliban
  • Cats of Kliban

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

I've done most of what I care to in the game, & was getting a bit bored ..until I found this topic. Thanks for the fun boost. I read all the different ways people have posted and decided to try something a little different.

1.Trevor in heli lands just outside fence at west end of the fire station.

2. Shoot (silenced) out driver window of a firetruck to save a couple secs when stealing it. No alarms are triggered.

3. Use heli to land beside firetruck & land so the heli gives you cover from the 2 guys at the fire station while you get the truck started. 

4. Drive to the fighter in the hanger & do the quick takeoff bit ..then do the standard stay low over ocean and zig-zag flight.

Made it first try with no damage. Given how random the game can get, I tried it 6 more times to see what might happen.

- the firetrucks are random. There may be 0/1/2/3 at any given visit.

- once in the jet, which vehicles come to the hanger after you is random. I've had none & I've had a jeep/truck/tank all at once.

I got away all tries except when blocked by 3 vehicles.

Side notes:

- went joyriding off the base in the firetruck once & that thing is really durable. It's a fun run vs cops on narrow dirt roads.

- since darkness gives you no help, do your tries in daytime. You don't want to fly low over the ocean at night.

- There is a strange noise that starts at 3:30am coming from the big closed hanger.

Map notes:

- the 2 Buzzard location sometimes only has 1. When that happens, the other one is moved just outside the open jet hanger, on the left.

- While standing outside the fence at the fire station, I had Titans taking off regularly. The single-silenced-shot trick usually sends the crew running away with no alarms & door open & plane already lined up for takeoff.  

Playing with this gave me the greatest glitch I've ever seen. One didn't stop, but veared off the runway, hit something, bounced into the air, flew a couple hundred yards, then stopped ..and then flew BACKWARDS all the way back to where I shot it ..and then went forwards again and flew away. Pretty crazy to watch.

Cats of Kliban
  • Cats of Kliban

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by Cats of Kliban, 30 September 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Sorry - double post

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Does a CargoBob spawn in the fort AFTER you steal one for the submarine mission?

I am past that mission and I want one without buying one. Are they anywhere on the ground? I know there is one above the fort but you cant steal that one.

RyanRobinson42
  • RyanRobinson42

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

I have stole the Titan well over 10 times tried to save it and can't!?! does anyone know how to save the Titan with out it being destroyed in the hanger?

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

I have stole the Titan well over 10 times tried to save it and can't!?! does anyone know how to save the Titan with out it being destroyed in the hanger?

it's a C-130 my friend, not a titan

RyanRobinson42
  • RyanRobinson42

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

In game a Titan in the real world a C-130 same thing and I was asking how to actually save it not what it's called :/

RyanRobinson42
  • RyanRobinson42

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

it's a C-130 my friend, not a titan

In game a Titan in the real world a C-130 same thing and I was asking how to actually save it not what it's called  :/

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

... You can all use an invincibility code and walk thru the fort.

Spacepig999
  • Spacepig999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

Very descriptive topic, I find Zancudo to be very interesting! It's the Fort Knox of San An, but instead of gold it's full of all the toys we can't afford. For the titan, I notoced that you can lower the ramp mid-flight. This was discovered right before a volley of rockets sent me careening into the perimeter walls. Not sure which button, I had a button mashing fit as I was trying to figure out all of the features before I lost the plane. Seems like stealing any aircraft from Zancudo is nearly impossible, but so far my most successful infiltrations involve sending Trevor in. I can use his rage mode to quickly dispatch and soldiers between my score and me and commandeer my vehicle unscathed. Problems occur soon after. Any tips on stealing the titan or neutralizing the AA defenses are appreciated! Also worth noting that a fast motorcycle or car with good handling will help you serpentine through the tanks, I've never been hit by a Rhino yet.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

I've done most of what I care to in the game, & was getting a bit bored ..until I found this topic. Thanks for the fun boost. I read all the different ways people have posted and decided to try something a little different.

1.Trevor in heli lands just outside fence at west end of the fire station.
2. Shoot (silenced) out driver window of a firetruck to save a couple secs when stealing it. No alarms are triggered.
3. Use heli to land beside firetruck & land so the heli gives you cover from the 2 guys at the fire station while you get the truck started. 
4. Drive to the fighter in the hanger & do the quick takeoff bit ..then do the standard stay low over ocean and zig-zag flight.

Made it first try with no damage. Given how random the game can get, I tried it 6 more times to see what might happen.
- the firetrucks are random. There may be 0/1/2/3 at any given visit.
- once in the jet, which vehicles come to the hanger after you is random. I've had none & I've had a jeep/truck/tank all at once.
I got away all tries except when blocked by 3 vehicles.

Side notes:
- went joyriding off the base in the firetruck once & that thing is really durable. It's a fun run vs cops on narrow dirt roads.
- since darkness gives you no help, do your tries in daytime. You don't want to fly low over the ocean at night.
- There is a strange noise that starts at 3:30am coming from the big closed hanger.

Map notes:
- the 2 Buzzard location sometimes only has 1. When that happens, the other one is moved just outside the open jet hanger, on the left.
- While standing outside the fence at the fire station, I had Titans taking off regularly. The single-silenced-shot trick usually sends the crew running away with no alarms & door open & plane already lined up for takeoff.  
Playing with this gave me the greatest glitch I've ever seen. One didn't stop, but veared off the runway, hit something, bounced into the air, flew a couple hundred yards, then stopped ..and then flew BACKWARDS all the way back to where I shot it ..and then went forwards again and flew away. Pretty crazy to watch.

What's that strange noise at 3.30? Haven't heard it.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

unfortunately online, The doors to the Base are closed, Same with LS Airport. Kinda ruins the fun of having it there.......

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

This chopper never lands, only patrols the skies, flees away (if being shot) or explodes.

I've seen it land 3 times now, only on Saturdays around 7:00 - 7:30.

It's a very brief landing though, the opportunity to steal it is no more than 5 full seconds.

I'm going to try it tomorrow, success or not I'll take photos of it when it's landed as well.

Landing location:

Beginning of runway, helipads behind a small caged area of containers & boxes.

Never seen it landing, nice though I'll be checking it out.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Here's the proof.

Be nice to have a camo cargobob.

Making a snatch a grab attempt tomorrow.

Got it & saved it at a purchased helipad.

Alot nicer than the normal black version that you can buy.

0_0.jpg

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

How did you get it?

Tell the story.

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

Has anyone tried dialing the phone number 555013# while in the elevator next to the stairs?

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

Just in case you want to add following:

The Titan's ramp can actually be opened and you can walk and drive cars inside of it.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:45 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 04 October 2013 - 01:53 AM.

How did you get it?

Tell the story.

Buzzard strike tactic.

Explained in the "Rare/Unique Helicopters" topic.

sleekycnt277
  • sleekycnt277

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Has anyone tried dialing the phone number 555013# while in the elevator next to the stairs?

yep it's been tried many many times

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

Wait what? How do you dial numbers?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Wait what? How do you dial numbers?

where are people getting this 555013# number from?

Thoru
  • Thoru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:23 AM Edited by Thoru, 10 October 2013 - 06:08 AM.

I'm sitting with both the Lazer and the Titan in my hangar, and they won't save, soooooo, yeah, fun waiting for a fix for stolen vehicles not saving lol.

EDIT: And a fix for the Titan blowing up when you place it in the hangar, leave, and return. xd

Danokidrocker
  • Danokidrocker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by Danokidrocker, 10 October 2013 - 08:38 AM.

For what it's worth, here's how I got the Lazer jet:

First, you're gonna want to build up a moderate amount of cash. $75,000 should be enough to get all the upgrades you'll need to make a good stab at this, so you're better off waiting until you've finished the first heist or collected a few hidden packages. I would also recommend getting to the point in the story where Trevor is unlocked and past the missions where you can once again switch between all three characters (not that you're gonna need Michael or Franklin, but for the sake of complete freedom).

Get Trevor's off-road Canis and take it to your nearest Los Santos Customs. I've tried infiltrating Fort Zancudo with Franklin's car and bike and Michael's car, both upgraded to the max, but what they make up for in speed, they lack in pure robustness. Trevor's canis can be fitted with a turbo and a few other engine upgrades to max out its acceleration. I would recommend upgrading the rest of it as well (it'll cost roughly $50,000) and getting 100% armour and bulletproof tires. Trust me, this will be a GODSEND in Fort Zancudo. 

Once you've done that, head to your nearest Ammu-Nation and buy yourself the super-heavy bullet-resistant vest ($2,500). This is absolutely essential. You won't make it past the first barrier if you don't. If you feel you need the backup of some firepower, grab 500 rounds of your favourite rifle (depending on what you've unlocked to that point). It's not necessary, but it's always good to have a couple of thousand Micro SMG rounds at hand so you can blast any soldiers standing by the jet from the relative safety of your vehicle.

Here's where you need to make a choice. There are two entrances to Fort Zancudo: one across a rumbling bridge to the east, and the other from the furthermost western point of the map. This may vary for everyone, but what I've discovered is that if you come in from the western side, you will meet at least one tank en route to the jet's location. One shot from this and you're toast. Coming in across the bridge to the east requires more skill and expert timing, but it's a straightforward run to the jet once you've penetrated the main part of the airbase. More on that in a minute. Whatever your choice, the first thing you're gonna want to do is quick save before you enter the base. That way, if you die you can load the save without having to spend $5,000 on medical expenses and have to drive all the way back to Trevor's safe-house for the Canis and then back to Zancudo.

Assuming you've taken my advice and come in from the east, you're gonna want to gun the Canis down the bridge and build up enough speed so that one, the barrier doesn't send the Canis into a slight wobble (hard to believe, but it's happened) and two, so you've built up enough speed to get a couple of seconds' grace on the alarm. Follow the road around to the right and you'll see a long stretch in front of you, with another barrier and security hut about fifty yards further on and to the left. This is where you want to go, and this is where it gets tricky.

There's a tank that circles around the perimeter of the base. Depending on your luck, it may be heading straight for you from that aforementioned long stretch beyond the barrier and the security hut. The turn in is a BITCH. If you mistime it, you'll hit the security hut and (if the tank is making its rounds, which is sometimes isn't) get blown apart before you can recover. But, if you make it in, gun the Canis between the two massive hangars, which will shield you from the tank and it can't follow you, and you'll come out on the eastern side of the airfield, about a hundred yards from the first of the chocked Titan planes.

There seems to be a collection of soldiers nearby, so you're going to take a few rounds from them. This is why you bought the super-heavy armour. Just keep the throttle full and don't do any hand-braking or any sharp turns that will slow you down. There'll be one of those large flatbed military trucks either coming for you or not too far away. Keep going to the left and try to avoid getting hit by it, but even if you do, the Canis is designed to be robust, and with full armour and a souped-up engine, you'll be able to get the jump on most of the pursuing vehicles.

The beauty about this approach is that there are no more tanks between you and the jet. It's just soldiers and a dozen humvees/military trucks. Keep to the left and gun it onto the open stetch of runway. You'll see a row of three jets one after another, out in the open. Manoeuvre the Canis into position beside one of them and smack L2 and X. It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you do not press triangle before the Canis comes to a complete stop, or Trevor will dive out the door and land in a heap, taking up to ten seconds to fully recover despite the Canis only doing about two miles an hour. You need all the time you can get, because once you climb atop the Lazer, it will take five seconds to get the cockpit open. Hopefully you'll still have at least a quarter of your body armour left, but at this stage it really doesn't matter.

Once you're in the jet, you'll see a hangar straight in front of you and a stretch of road to the right. Don't go right. It just takes away from time that you don't have. Instead, hit the throttle and within a couple of seconds, pull back on the analogue stick and the jet will lift into the air no problem. You'll hear an immediate message warning you that Zancudo is a no-fly zone. Ahead, you'll see a mountain (I believe it's Josiah). Head for it, but veer hard to the right once you've passed the outline of Zancudo. At this stage, the first air-to-air missile will have been fired at you. What you want to do is evasive manoeuvres. You can take one shot and still land the plane on Trevor's runway, but on my third go I never got hit at all because I did barrel rolls and dives to avoid the missiles, and once I was away from the danger zone, I soared into the sky and avoided the helicopters for sixty seconds until my wanted level vanished.

You'd think that was the hard part over, but it isn't. Lining up the Lazer for a landing is a siege. The first time, I lowered my landing gear and started decelerating around the same time I would in the Cuban plane. I missed the runway by a 100 yards and smashed into the ground. WASTED. The second time, the engine failed because it had taken a rocket and the jet nose-dived into the runway. WASTED. The third time, I took no damage from the base and landed on the runway in one piece, only for the landing gear to collapse under me and the plane to stall on the runway. In one piece. That was the lifesaver. Switch to Franklin and quickly back to Trevor, and you have a fully repaired Lazer jet ready to taxi into your hangar (another reason why it's a good idea to have all three opened up and switchable).

It's tough, but doable.

hairyguy4
  • hairyguy4

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by hairyguy4, 10 October 2013 - 12:04 PM.

wow some people make getting the jet really hard, was lurking but thought i'd join to show you me way of doing it, works on both single player and online, its mobile phone footage but it's decent enoug,
im in and out with the jet in under a minute, I find the trick one you have it is to stay low till your over the sea then climb straight up to max altitude and stay up there for a while till the fuzz loose your trail

snoopdoug
  • snoopdoug

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Its also just as easy or easier to parachute into the base right into the hangar.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hey what ever happened with the guy who said he saw 3 guards get in the fort elevator ? anything come of that or was it bullsh*t ?

hand
  • hand

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Dunno if all of you guys know, but there it goes: when you doing the Target Practicing mission from Cletus with Trevor, you can just leave him behind, head to the fort and enter there with no stars! You can steal their vehicles and they won't give a sh*t. lol

SnoDawgRulz
  • SnoDawgRulz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Even the fort itself is huge! It would take a long time to explore! Imagine what it would be like if the game had an Easter egg mission.

I think there are a few hidden or secret scenes.

For example, I was walking in Blaine County while I noticed a jeep with it's doors opened, I went to that and then I got tazed by a fatty, which came out from no where.

I woke up in the railroad with a train rushing my way with no clothes.

That's epic!

same thing happened to me

the_bob708
  • the_bob708

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by the_bob708, 13 October 2013 - 07:38 AM.

I joined this forum just to post here. but I've gotten several jets as trevor and all i did was stole a random car (preferably a sedan or coup as they hit corners easier) busted through the gate amd headed towards the big hangar with its doors open and flew straight out and up. it gets up to speed fast enough that you can easily be in the air as soon as you're leaving the hangar and I flew straight for trevors hangar in sandy shores. to avoid the rockets I flew in erratic patterns and after a bit the jets stopped chasing. to escape the police helicopters I flew high and the never saw me. the only thing I had a problem with is if I kept the right trigger held all the way the entire flight I would Run out of fuel and plummet to the earth(i dont have a parachute in the game yet) to recify that problem I simply didnt hit the Right trigger when I was soaring high. my only problem is doing it this way I cannot get the buzzard or titan. I've gotten the tank in simalr fashion.

but I was wondering if anyone has some intel for doing it online because from what I saw the front gate wont open and can't be broken through, so the only way in was to steal a helicopter from the airport and parachute striaght in. I still had the same problem with getting a titan or buzzard by the time I get the buzzard in the air I get shot down and I can't even get anywhere with the titan. so what I'm doing is I've got three friends willing to help so I'm going to plan a big hiest to get the titan online, so does anyone know of other ways to get into the base online other than parachuting? can I go by sea. perhaps jump a couple of dirtbikes over the fence by way of the mountainside( i noticed a couple of high ridges) or can I load a truck with dirtbikes and get that P.O.S in there? or something I havent even thought of yet. anything would help and pics of weaknesses in the base would be pleasent. also how many tanks spawn in base I think i read 4, and is it the same online also if more than one person is on base( in online) will more tanks spawn. also does anyone have a larger satelite image of Fort Zancudo

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by VoiceoftheVoiceless, 13 October 2013 - 09:42 AM.

I don't know but if you go inside the lifeinvader building on the mission with Michael with the snowy or stormy weather cheat at the hour of 21:50, Dan Houser will appear before you and say "Kifflom, you motherf*cker! " then Dan will drink a lot of bloody whiskey and say "in a few weeks or so" for 24 in game hours and then will fly off drunk with a jetpack where you have to race him to the Zancudo base and then if you beat him he will say "in a few weeks or so" again and then you have to wait inside of the Zancudo base for 2 in-game weeks and the jetpack will be available to you. Good luck.

Spoiler

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Has anyone attempted taking multiple charachters to the base ?

I have managed to get 2 guys there safely but once your in you can not switch between charachters which is total bullsh*t IMO .

I can get trever to the elevator bunker and stars go away without cheats . at the same time i can get michael to the top of the command center but then i can not switch back to trevor . And with michael in the command center the Lower Wanted level DOES NOT even work .

I also attempted to get 3 guys to the base .

same situation ... trever in bunker by elevator michael and franklin parachute onto the base . As we are sailing franklin is right behind me and he suddenly falls and i get a message saying franklin has been injured .

Can anyone add to this ?

Mpower
  • Mpower

OJ

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Dunno if all of you guys know, but there it goes: when you doing the Target Practicing mission from Cletus with Trevor, you can just leave him behind, head to the fort and enter there with no stars! You can steal their vehicles and they won't give a sh*t. lol

But you can't keep them in your garage

• ten-a-penny likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users