Photo

The Fort Zancudo Topic!

261 replies to this topic
Funestus
  • Funestus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

I found an easier way in. First, grab the can of a semi...I did the 'snub nosed' one and drop the trailer. Coming from the tunnel northbound, there is a dirt road turn off on the left right after...it takes you past the beach where people are camping and a hippie van. Soon after this, there is a faint two wheel trail up the hill to the base which is partially obscured by a tree.

Follow it up and over the tunnel and continue around the edge of the base carefully...one spot in particular that is very narrow. A bit farther down is a section of the fence that is concrete wall. Park the cab next to the south side and climb on top.

I have a picture but not sure how to post???

The climb onto the wall in the base. I used a silenced pistol to take out a couple video cameras...couple shots each and dropped down. I had a delay be then eventually got stars but the 8 guys I easily took old with the suppressed pistol and that's the only people that came after me. I don't remember but think it wasn't the full 5.

I easily hopped in the cargo heli and took off shaking the pursuit pretty easily.

I plan on experimenting more options of stealth to see if I missed a camera but this is definitely better than fighting a tank. I did this as night FYI.

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Are the guards infinitely spawning or can you kill all of them and be left in an empty base?

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

Protecting your ass, killing some others!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Are the guards infinitely spawning or can you kill all of them and be left in an empty base?

Pretty sure they all respawn, been camping near the tower, and they just kept respawning on my radar with small red dots running towards me.

The whole deal needs to be patched.

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

like why do even get silencers? looks i guess. i feel the mechanics and ai on this game suck miserably compared to gta 4

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

like why do even get silencers? looks i guess. i feel the mechanics and ai on this game suck miserably compared to gta 4

The whole problem is, that stealth approach won't come handy :( .

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Fort Zancudo Map has been added!

tell me if anything else is needed to be added.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

The guards defo respawn, i sat in the corner of the base with a rhino and they kept on coming till i gave up

Casartelli
  • Casartelli

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Seen the video with the alien lights on top of the bunker with the elevator? Is there any way to open the elevator in the bunker?

asuramazdah
  • asuramazdah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Haven't read all the posts to see if it was mentioned before, but here's my story :

I was just flying with the lazer jet in fort zancudo trying to have some dogfights. And i noticed something funny, after i got a few jets on me my jet engine would start to fail, but then i noticed it wasn't the jets, it was Fort Zancudo itself. Whenever i flew above FZ my jet engines would start to die down, if i went away from it my jet engines came back. Does Fort Zancudo have some kind of vehicle disabler technology? I mean, what the heck is up with that? I haven't tested with other planes yet, gonna take a normal private jet and test if it is only with the lazer jet, because what it seems to be is either, they have some kind of technology that disables jets or their own jets can start to fail if they attack the base.

Wildy
  • Wildy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

When i was hovering with a chopper around the open hangar in the fort, i saw 1 soldier shooting me with a missile. As he missed i stayed there to see if it happend again and it did. there was only this 1 soldier and his car anywhere near the spot that the missile came from so im pretty sure they're able to it.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Sometimes military vehicles will drive on the road just south of the base. It's th road with the monuments and it also has an ammunition and a clothes store along it. I got a barracks semi from this road. Sadly it couldn't be saved anywhere.  :(  

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

I found an easier way in. First, grab the can of a semi...I did the 'snub nosed' one and drop the trailer. Coming from the tunnel northbound, there is a dirt road turn off on the left right after...it takes you past the beach where people are camping and a hippie van. Soon after this, there is a faint two wheel trail up the hill to the base which is partially obscured by a tree.

Follow it up and over the tunnel and continue around the edge of the base carefully...one spot in particular that is very narrow. A bit farther down is a section of the fence that is concrete wall. Park the cab next to the south side and climb on top.

I have a picture but not sure how to post???

The climb onto the wall in the base. I used a silenced pistol to take out a couple video cameras...couple shots each and dropped down. I had a delay be then eventually got stars but the 8 guys I easily took old with the suppressed pistol and that's the only people that came after me. I don't remember but think it wasn't the full 5.

I easily hopped in the cargo heli and took off shaking the pursuit pretty easily.

I plan on experimenting more options of stealth to see if I missed a camera but this is definitely better than fighting a tank. I did this as night FYI.

Just paste the link of the screenshot, or when you make a post click the little image icon at the top

ChrisKO49
  • ChrisKO49

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Ok, if the rockets are coming from enemy jets there has to be a way to evade them.

Countermeasures or maybe they can be evaded by some maneuver?

When i steal an aircraft i always fly away in a serpentine like pattern. This makes it impossible for the missiles to lock on to you and they miss every time.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Every time I try and steal a jet I get DESTROYED by tanks. I know this is going to be hella epic online.

im pretty sure the base will be abandonned online, just like a lot of things were gone in IVs online.

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

You CAN infiltrate the base. It IS 100% possible. Enter through the approach road, blast through the gate and immediately veer up left into the side gutter that goes around the base. they will begin to look for you at the approach gate and your stars will begin to flash. you can then hide in this gutter moving slowly forwards all the way around towards the runway as the guards move back to the spot you came in. your wanted level WILL disappear!! Then, it is a matter of stealthily sneaking directly along the observation tower because there are guards high up who can see most everything..but yes, you can sneak in almost to a jet, then try and get in, typically someone will 'see' you as you approach the jet (but hey If the jet is what you want, you only need stealth far enough to lose your wanted level and gain control of a semi barracks, then you can drive immediately to the jet and hop in, gaining the wanted level however no personnel will be left around. If you then taxi to the right and take off over top of all the mass of red dots you'll see towards the east side of the base, while barrel rolling, you should be fine to make your exit, its a very short ride over the wall.

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

The guards defo respawn, i sat in the corner of the base with a rhino and they kept on coming till i gave up

Indeed, guards will always respawn.

Seen the video with the alien lights on top of the bunker with the elevator? Is there any way to open the elevator in the bunker?

I was off for a few days and couldn't play, and I will be able to play V in a few days.

I will update the whole thread to match with the new discovery about the bunker and the flying UFO.

Give me a few days :D.

Haven't read all the posts to see if it was mentioned before, but here's my story :

I was just flying with the lazer jet in fort zancudo trying to have some dogfights. And i noticed something funny, after i got a few jets on me my jet engine would start to fail, but then i noticed it wasn't the jets, it was Fort Zancudo itself. Whenever i flew above FZ my jet engines would start to die down, if i went away from it my jet engines came back. Does Fort Zancudo have some kind of vehicle disabler technology? I mean, what the heck is up with that? I haven't tested with other planes yet, gonna take a normal private jet and test if it is only with the lazer jet, because what it seems to be is either, they have some kind of technology that disables jets or their own jets can start to fail if they attack the base.

That's really weird hehe.

I'll confirm it myself once I can play V again.

Good Job anyway :).

When i was hovering with a chopper around the open hangar in the fort, i saw 1 soldier shooting me with a missile. As he missed i stayed there to see if it happend again and it did. there was only this 1 soldier and his car anywhere near the spot that the missile came from so im pretty sure they're able to it.

I will check it out, seems like a good find.

You CAN infiltrate the base. It IS 100% possible. Enter through the approach road, blast through the gate and immediately veer up left into the side gutter that goes around the base. they will begin to look for you at the approach gate and your stars will begin to flash. you can then hide in this gutter moving slowly forwards all the way around towards the runway as the guards move back to the spot you came in. your wanted level WILL disappear!! Then, it is a matter of stealthily sneaking directly along the observation tower because there are guards high up who can see most everything..but yes, you can sneak in almost to a jet, then try and get in, typically someone will 'see' you as you approach the jet (but hey If the jet is what you want, you only need stealth far enough to lose your wanted level and gain control of a semi barracks, then you can drive immediately to the jet and hop in, gaining the wanted level however no personnel will be left around. If you then taxi to the right and take off over top of all the mass of red dots you'll see towards the east side of the base, while barrel rolling, you should be fine to make your exit, its a very short ride over the wall.

Will check it out soon, nice!

nickmajfc
  • nickmajfc

GTA V on Next-Gen!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

YOU CAN GET IN STEALTHY!

DRIVE in at Night, at the freeway entrance, but make sure you drive in through the left side of the gate, the guard doesnt see you until you get to the main area!

ton10
  • ton10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Oh, I would like to take a look on those JETSAMs - didn't notice them  :(.

Nevermind about those, I was wrong. The same containers are found throughout the map at the airport and at the loading docks. Just re-used objects of no special meaning.

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Note:  I know they're no Hydra's, but that's what I will call them in this post.

Got the hydra twice, once I flew off in it; second time I got shot, flew a bit aways, but my plane lost 'fuel' I guess and shut off and crashed.

Hard getting in there, most successful ways I've done it:

Barged through with a fire truck, evaded tanks and tank missiles, parked in front of a hydra sort of (needed room to get out of the hanger), Michael was with me and distracted some of the soldiers.

I parachuted out of a stunt plane once, got in one and took off.

brainzilla
  • brainzilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi guys!

First posting...

Good tips here, the hunting-glitch is really nice to go for a FAST ride!

But back to the LAZER...

Is it possible that that thing runs out of fuel after some time?

Mine was perfect sofar, but then it took me too long to lose the stars and now the flame is gone and it wont restart.

I am using Michael and had a quicksave after takeoff.

Then I replayed it and it seems to work fine till I land. Maybe I just got some hits without noticing.

And right now the STRANGEST thing happened :-)

I stole the LAZER with Michael just to realize mid air that I hadn't bought the hangar yet :-)

So I flew it over to Trevor's hangar and switched to Trevor (Michael still in the jet, parked into the hangar nose first).

Took a cab with trevor from downtown LS and find Michael still in the cockpit, but he obviously tried to "run" off, because the jet's nose was up the wall :-)

Trever then took over and I quickly raced to his safe house when realizing that I have quick save.

Race back and what's standing on the road next to the hangar? The LAZER.

Well not THE LAZER but ANOTHER ONE! Seems that the game spawned it for some reason....

thun3r
  • thun3r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Around one of the police bases I saw one of their armored trucks. I climbed the gate and snuck up behind and knocked out one of the cops who was busy using his phone. I did not get any stars but I believe I needed that vehicle for a heist so it may have been scripted to allow a stealth approach with no stars.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:29 AM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 25 September 2013 - 07:35 AM.

Alright, people. I got my jet. Here's what I did. One of the guides tell you not to parachute inside the hangar because the ceiling will cut you off. Well, I just disproved that with accurate and precise parachuting, you can soar right through the hangar and land before you get four stars. You wanna be quick about it, though. I used Trevor, with the closed cockpit. Now earlier, when I'd parachute to the jet outside..I'd have reinforcements gun me down because Trevor kept kicking the stupid jet. So he got shot before he could get in. BUT I managed to do this without getting shot at. Its a very short time window, because at the VERY last second, I had a tiny portion of my health taken away from soldiers shooting at me. But luckily I took off before they could damage me.

Oh yeah, and uh..For those of you wanting to avoid missiles and lasers, you gotta do some aerial acrobatics on your way to the sky. Barrel rolls, zig-zagging, that kinda thing. if you do it right, those missiles should go right past you. The same thing goes with parachuting too. That was pretty easy for me. I just took a private jet, flew over Zancudo, and just jumped out a little far away. I was at a high altitude too, so I was able to just divebomb most of my way through.

Takes some skillful maneuvering. Hell, I got outta there with just one shot to my arm. And Trevor was practically naked from one of his...Drunk nights. Oh god, this jets so beautiful

jamesp208
  • jamesp208

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hey the blueprint map that comes with the limited edition of GTA V has a circle around one of the hangers and it says "Take control" this video shows it :D

http://youtu.be/QrSUUacykcM?t=2m31s

choppa2210
  • choppa2210

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

by the way there is a army choppa at this base so thats 4 but it is verry hard to get there is onley one and rearely lands. hears a pic http://www.google.co...ved=0CD4Q9QEwAA

choppa2210
  • choppa2210

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

i think that the fib put fake ufos around the map to put the population of sa off them to cover there own top secret ufo over there base that they test at night i dont think we can get it when its over the base i think its in  that big hanger with the stars on each side of the doors we need to open that hanger just a idea ?

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

i spent about 2-3 hours today ordering taxi's to zancudo's gates, stealing the taxi, then zooming past all the spawned guards to get a jet, i find if you enter the base with enough speed, tanks dont spawn at all, and you can make it to the airfield. (then get too brave flying the jet, crash into a tree, rinse, and repeat!)

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Has anyone successfully stolen and landed a jet with anyone besides Trevor??

I've tried with Michael and Franklin a few times but even if I evade the missiles on the way out, by the time I reach the airport, something goes wrong with the Jet and the engine goes out and I have to bail out.  I'm assuming it must have been bullet damage from the choppers.

The only reason it worked with Trevor is because his air strip is much closer to Zancudo.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

I got a question. So when I was doing the Merryweather heist, my jet was gone. It wasn't in the hangar. I thought I lost it forever, so I went back to the airstrip to get a suntplane to skydive into Zancudo again..But then I found my jet. Now uh..What happens if I destroy it by accident? Does it respawn there or is it gone for good?

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by Nillus, 26 September 2013 - 05:36 AM.

You guys are all being dumb haha. :p

Wen you steal a parked Lazer jet from the hangar or something, it will be locked and the player will do the 'break in' animation by kicking the glass, and then entering, starting the engine, all taking precious time while you're being shot at. After that, you have to drive it on the runway etc... :(

Don't be stupid. Enter the base through the main entrance while driving a fast car, keep driving on the runway towards the west until you see a taxi'ing Lazer about to take off.

Fire one bullet at it (drive-by), the unarmed pilot will exit and run away screaming, leaving the door open. :)

Then just enter it, no need to break in, hotwire, start or drive it onto the runway. It's ready to go! The pilot did all the work for you. Just hit the gas and fly away.

Avoid missiles by performing barrel rolls, lose the cops while flying over the ocean and land it at the Sandy Shores airstrip.

Can't believe people are still messing with stealing it from the hangar and getting shot at. :pp
  • Boxman108 likes this

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

YOU CAN GET IN STEALTHY!

DRIVE in at Night, at the freeway entrance, but make sure you drive in through the left side of the gate, the guard doesnt see you until you get to the main area!

Yeah well, we need to stealth into the 'main area' :p.

Oh, I would like to take a look on those JETSAMs - didn't notice them  :(.

Nevermind about those, I was wrong. The same containers are found throughout the map at the airport and at the loading docks. Just re-used objects of no special meaning.

It's fine man.

Hey the blueprint map that comes with the limited edition of GTA V has a circle around one of the hangers and it says "Take control" this video shows it :D

http://youtu.be/QrSUUacykcM?t=2m31s

It's related to either a DLC mission or an UFO easter egg. You cannot actually take control of the airbase since NPCs respawn after their death

by the way there is a army choppa at this base so thats 4 but it is verry hard to get there is onley one and rearely lands. hears a pic http://www.google.co...ved=0CD4Q9QEwAA

This chopper never lands, only patrols the skies, flees away (if being shot) or explodes.

i think that the fib put fake ufos around the map to put the population of sa off them to cover there own top secret ufo over there base that they test at night i dont think we can get it when its over the base i think its in  that big hanger with the stars on each side of the doors we need to open that hanger just a idea ?

Maybe.. :D

You guys are all being dumb haha. :p

Wen you steal a parked Lazer jet from the hangar or something, it will be locked and the player will do the 'break in' animation by kicking the glass, and then entering, starting the engine, all taking precious time while you're being shot at. After that, you have to drive it on the runway etc... :(

Don't be stupid. Enter the base through the main entrance while driving a fast car, keep driving on the runway towards the west until you see a taxi'ing Lazer about to take off.

Fire one bullet at it (drive-by), the unarmed pilot will exit and run away screaming, leaving the door open. :)

Then just enter it, no need to break in, hotwire, start or drive it onto the runway. It's ready to go! The pilot did all the work for you. Just hit the gas and fly away.

Avoid missiles by performing barrel rolls, lose the cops while flying over the ocean and land it at the Sandy Shores airstrip.

Can't believe people are still messing with stealing it from the hangar and getting shot at. :pp

Nice man, much easier indeed but no need to call people dumb :).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users