Photo

The Fort Zancudo Topic!

275 replies to this topic
Slippery Gypsy
  • Slippery Gypsy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

If you grab the jet that under the small cover area closest to the coast and when you take of do a backflip 180 and fly out to sea and stay just above the water seems to be the best bet.

For the titan.... shear luck...

Yuvalino
  • Yuvalino

Protecting your ass, killing some others!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

Alright, I have something to inform you about the SAM / AA / Anti Air Defenses you all are talking about -

There has to be a way to destroy the anti air defenses.It all happens so fast that I can't see from where are the rockets coming from.

I managed to steal the p996 lazer from my 3rd attempt with Trevor,one rocket hit me,but I survived and soon after crashed.  :sui:

Does p996 lazer has some countermeasures to divert the rockets?

Hydra in SA had flares.

I tried to find some tanks so I can clear the base before taking off but I can't find them.In the mission with Trevor they were there.

I find it easy to clear with a tank before jumping in, ideally in a jet that has space to take off in front. I don't actually think the other missiles are SAM think they're other jets

Alright, let me make this clear :D.

There are no SAMs, AAs or Anti Air Defense Turrets (as far as I know, fix me if I'm wrong please.).

The thing is simple, each time you steal a Jet and take off - another jet simply spawns behind you - locking on to you.

You can check it, by taking a jet and taking off to the east side of the map - You will instantly get dropped by a flying LAZER. I've been scouting the map a bit and I didn't see any kind of SAM system and the only reasonable explaination seems to be the LAZER one.

Tell me if you got more information about it folks - I need some more for the thread.

I actually find it relatively easy to get the fighter jet from this place, and after seeing people saying the titan is difficult I had a go, and got it first try with the same tactic I use to get the jet :D

What I do, is mark a waypoint outside the base just before the bridge, call or find a taxi and take me there (using skip for keeping time short) then hijack the taxi. I then slam into the barrier, and go left, and navigate to the Jet, also running over the guard who, well, guards it. This should kill him every time (not experienced a failed run over)

Then I hop into the jet, turn it left, and follow the runway making sure it does NOT leave the ground, and about half way from the jet starting place, and the fence at the end of the runway, the road sorts of zig zags onto the bigger runway, still on the ground, then I build up speed, KEEPING it on the ground until the very last moment then quickly rise above the fence, and then straight back down, practically hugging the ground in case there was a missile that has gotten fired, and then soar straight back up and lose the stars.

I do this pretty much every time and get away with it 9 times out of 10.

It seems to be pretty smart and I yet tried it. Though tanks are rushing from the north side of the base, if you'll steal a Jet from the hangar, I will most likely turn right, and then left to reach the runway faster. I didn't really catch the side you wish to fly away from but if I was you I'd take the south side, avoiding any jet to spawn behind you.

Nice, I want to try it already!

Can the tank only be killed by explosives?

Yeah, and you'll probably need sh*tload of it. Once you fire a tank shell / RPG on another tank it takes time untill it explodes and-.. in that time you will most likely take a hit.

I managed to pull a legit Cargobob out (not during the required mission.)

They spawn at the helipad on the East side of the base then immediately fly off, to make it look like the base is busy. It's tough to snag it because they only spawn when the pad isn't in view and you're a short distance away (the frame rate will stutter slightly when it loads in). The glass is seemingly bulletproof so you gotta take the pilot out before he gets in. Only way I've managed this is by having him get caught up in general mayhem. 

I never managed to have less than 5 stars leaving with it, which is a death sentence, but by cheesing quick save I got it back to the pad. It is great fun. I stole a jetski with it.

I never pilot the Cargobob yet, I didn't choose the right approach on the heist you all are talking about probably.

To me it seems he spawns on the air at the north-west side of the fort but I will definately check that out.

Tips for getting the Lazer jet?

I try as michael I either get shot, or destroyed by a tank.

If in case I do get into one the airbase launches missiles at me. 

Parachute to the tiny small hangars, it's southwest from the big opened hangar and take the southern jet (the left one if the jets are infront of you) and take off. Just make sure to put your landing gear on as it might give you a needed speed boost.

Just went in the coastal entrance, turned right, turned left, jumped in the jet (takes a few tries) and turned slightly right and took off, got hit by 1 rocket just after takeoff, (those f*ckers are sticky) no damage? Awesome! Dodge a few more rockets and loose my stars  And am about to land at lsx and bam... engines turn off... ditch 1200 feet offshore and after a few minutes see a fin....

dam rocketz dawg

Does the Cargobob actually spawn here outside of that mission?

It does, I'm not sure of it actually touches the ground but - it certainly patrols above the base.

• imperialman likes this

roffler
  • roffler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Does the Cargobob actually spawn here outside of that mission?

Read my post higher up about stealing it outside the mission.

It spawns at the Eastern helipad and immediately takes off, making it almost impossible to steal. It then flies some pattern and heads out to sea where it despawns. If you've got a few hours, lots of luck and a series of good saves you can steal it.

nudleloff
  • nudleloff

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

That elevator in the tower. has anyone tried to use it with 100% save? it might go underground

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

You can take the jet with out getting stars something about a hunting quest with some friend of trevors

nudleloff
  • nudleloff

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

I found a easy way to hijack most of the military vehicles , including titan from the base, 

Just parachute/drive in, when you are inside next to vehicles you want. Quickly take your phone and quick save, then load the quick save, this will make the NPC respawn and you can get away with the vehicles without a problem

• GeneticallyDifferent likes this

Yuvalino
  • Yuvalino

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

That elevator in the tower. has anyone tried to use it with 100% save? it might go underground

I don't-.. think so. But it's a cool idea.

I found a easy way to hijack most of the military vehicles , including titan from the base, 

Just parachute/drive in, when you are inside next to vehicles you want. Quickly take your phone and quick save, then load the quick save, this will make the NPC respawn and you can get away with the vehicles without a problem

Nice, but-.. try doing it legit.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

I need tips on how to get into Zancudo base. I'm trying to get the jet so I can save it in my hangar. I use Trevor because of his flying skill. But I can't seem to get in. I tried flying over the base and parachuting into it, but once I'm actually in it, I don't last very long. Next try was smashing through the gate with an SUV and ramming head on into a tank. But the tank fired, and the explosion radius took me out. I thought at close range, the tank wouldn't be able to get me. Now my most recent attempt is my most failed one. I crashed through the base in a taxi, went straight to the hangar with the jet, and then I was dead in seconds from soldiers firing at once.

See, the problem I had with parachuting was a big problem. Trevor didn't hijack the jet quick enough, and he got shot. The stupid bastard was just kicking it again and again, and he got shot to death before he could get in.

I need a plan. For every attempt, I prepared by buying a parachute just incase, super heavy armor, and a minigun. What am I doing wrong?

ton10
  • ton10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by ton10, 22 September 2013 - 03:25 AM.

There are no SAMs, AAs or Anti Air Defense Turrets (as far as I know, fix me if I'm wrong please.).

The thing is simple, each time you steal a Jet and take off - another jet simply spawns behind you - locking on to you.

You can check it, by taking a jet and taking off to the east side of the map - You will instantly get dropped by a flying LAZER. I've been scouting the map a bit and I didn't see any kind of SAM system and the only reasonable explaination seems to be the LAZER one.

Tell me if you got more information about it folks - I need some more for the thread.

I thought this as well, you're right about the jet instantly spawning and taking off behind you after stealing one. There are containers with JETSAM on the side of them around the base but after further exploration there doesn't appear to be any active SAM/AA.

Just to note, wonderful freaking topic! Love the pictures and all the details. I agree this area deserves some serious exploration since it was vastly ignored by the storyline of the game. I'd venture a guess some future DLC will make more use of this area as well as the many other detailed ones that were seemingly "ignored". The elevator doors that automatically open and close is a dead give-away for a future cutscene.

Edit: I was mistaken, post corrected.

lozzy1234567890
  • lozzy1234567890

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

I've stumbled onto something, after capturing a video on getting the jet my way. I said I used a taxi just to speed up getting to the place, but I found purely by accident that if you activate a taxi mission before you go into the base, you get a much longer time before the wanted level appears.

Slippery Gypsy
  • Slippery Gypsy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by Slippery Gypsy, 22 September 2013 - 03:13 AM.

I've stumbled onto something, after capturing a video on getting the jet my way. I said I used a taxi just to speed up getting to the place, but I found purely by accident that if you activate a taxi mission before you go into the base, you get a much longer time before the wanted level appears.

If you go in the coastal entrance and break through the checkpoint u can get within 5 meters of a jet before the stars pop up (1 in 3 chance)

• woolva2k13 likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

I tried to break into the base but got bombed up via jet or tank. It is very hard.

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

I found out that the Grotti Carbonizarre is great for infiltrating Zancudo. I added turbo and some bulletproof tires and armor, and was able to last over 10 minutes with 4 stars without dying. Only died because I stole a tank and got shot at by another tank.

This gave me a chance to explore parts of the base I haven't seen before, but yet I still couldn't find a Cargobob other than the one that flies around the perimeter.

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Anyone know if there's any military-specific trailers? My last visit I saw some military semis but as usual, never get the time to fully explore so don't know about any trailers.

woolva2k13
  • woolva2k13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

once you own a heli pad, hanger or garage, you can buy military stuf via the in game web browser. has anyone brought any military vechiels and just drove a jeep or fly the cargobob which you can buy aswell into the base? ?

USMCHOORAH
  • USMCHOORAH

PFC

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Does a rhino spawn there at all.

yeah they try to f*ck you up as soon as you get in the base. try using trevors rage and running straight to one hopefully the tank operator wont have time to fire his cannon at your face 

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

ok i have a few questions.

1. what is the uniform that they were? it looked like an acu bit it wasent digital. and i also heard a soldier said he was a marine and also the cargobob said marines. so dosent that mean they should wear desert marpat?

2. is it possible to wear a army uniform with camo? i saw some camo shirts but not an army uniform. and if you can wear one then try to disguise yourself in ft Zancudo.

3. is ft zancudo were trevor was in the military? or was he in the canadian military?

peter0415
  • peter0415

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

Anyone know if there's any military-specific trailers? My last visit I saw some military semis but as usual, never get the time to fully explore so don't know about any trailers.

Not sure if there is one at the base, haven't seen one during my trip there. I do know a camo flatbed trailer was used during a submarine mission, but haven't seen it since.

Elesdee1487
  • Elesdee1487

God's Gift To Women

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

It seems as if they are wearing ACUs, but they all say "Semper Fi" when they drive by in their big rigs throughout Blaine County. Their helicopter also has Marines written on it.

SkittyM
  • SkittyM

Ar-test

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

List of vehicles that spawn at the fort:

Titan

Rhino

Buzzard

Cargobob

Barracks

Semi-Barracks

P-996 "LAZER"

Military camo tanker trailers

Crusader

Thats pretty much it, also, did anyone else notice that the Social club site has 2 military camo cargobobs on it a long with the un-armed buzzard and other "unseen" aircraft(skylift,annihilator, cargoplane, etc)?

Toastybunz
  • Toastybunz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:39 AM Edited by Toastybunz, 22 September 2013 - 05:42 AM.

Don't bother trying to bomb through the gates, you have to pass by a bunch of guards and most of the time they'll kill you before you can take off. Also, don't go for the LAZER that is kind of in the middle of the fort (the guarded one). It takes way too long to get to and you'll have the whole base coming down on you by that point.

What I saw online and it worked for me is, go the highway that is next to the base entrance and steal a fast car. Give yourself some distance to get up to a high speed. Drive as fast as you can toward the tunnel/hill area (south I think, fort on the left) and aim for the big brown dirt spot directly to the right of the opening. If you hit it with enough speed the car will clear the security fence. Immediately head toward the heart of the fort, down the runway and make a left at the end of the row of buildings (you shouldn't get a wanted level until you're right on the planes). There will be two LAZERs sitting there unguarded in a car port looking thing (a Titan is directly in front of you). Don't bother trying to maneuver right or left, you have enough space to get airborne before hitting the Titan.

As soon as possible hang a sharp right and fly low hugging the mountain, this will keep the enemy jet they scrambled from hitting you with missiles. Then just evade the police helicopters and land at an airstrip.

Btw I would highly recommend buying the best body armor that is for sale, it'll keep you alive if a guard is close enough to accurately hit you.

NeverEstablished
  • NeverEstablished

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

For those of you that just want to explore the base and grab the vehicles, try using the hunting loophole. Basically you can't get stars even in restricted spaces.  See for details http://gtaforums.com...-with-no-stars/

For those of you that want the challenge, good luck.

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

offtopic but I killed a female park ranger out in the countryside and received no stars.

I believe the park rangers are more in the "guard" category like security guards in the city.

peter0415
  • peter0415

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

offtopic but I killed a female park ranger out in the countryside and received no stars.

I believe the park rangers are more in the "guard" category like security guards in the city.

I agree, although in the times I've killed security guards I get a wanted level. I am not positive no one was around though, so...

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

Well, I used the hunting mission loophole to explore the base, although the mission cuts off spawning so never really saw what kind of vehicles spawned in the base other than the 2-3 tanks and cargobob on a patrol pattern. You find a minigun in the ATC tower but that's about it.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

It's a real shame that the new stealth stuff isn't really used here.  It seems very similar to the base shown off in the new Metal Gear Solid game.  Would be much more fun and interesting to be able to explore that way.

YDS55
  • YDS55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

I chose the sub and helicopter aproach in the mission, but indeed you have to steal a Buzzard from Fort Zancudo, the weird thing is that you can actually buy one on the internet. Same goes for the Rhino, Jeep and some other military helicopter. I don't know if it works when you buy one, maybe you have to go to Fort Zancudo.

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:12 AM Edited by GeneticallyDifferent, 22 September 2013 - 08:13 AM.

Ok, if the rockets are coming from enemy jets there has to be a way to evade them.

Countermeasures or maybe they can be evaded by some maneuver?

imperialman
  • imperialman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

I just fly in an erratic fashion, always works.

Yuvalino
  • Yuvalino

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

I need tips on how to get into Zancudo base. I'm trying to get the jet so I can save it in my hangar. I use Trevor because of his flying skill. But I can't seem to get in. I tried flying over the base and parachuting into it, but once I'm actually in it, I don't last very long. Next try was smashing through the gate with an SUV and ramming head on into a tank. But the tank fired, and the explosion radius took me out. I thought at close range, the tank wouldn't be able to get me. Now my most recent attempt is my most failed one. I crashed through the base in a taxi, went straight to the hangar with the jet, and then I was dead in seconds from soldiers firing at once.

See, the problem I had with parachuting was a big problem. Trevor didn't hijack the jet quick enough, and he got shot. The stupid bastard was just kicking it again and again, and he got shot to death before he could get in.

I need a plan. For every attempt, I prepared by buying a parachute just incase, super heavy armor, and a minigun. What am I doing wrong?

Well, you need to be quick and smart. Whenever you enter the base you got about 3 seconds before the whole base starts rushing towards you. You don't need any vest and some experienced players don't even need a gun.

If you wish to steal a jet in the easy way, practice your parachuting skills.

You need to learn how to parachute to the ground as quick as possible.

Note that you cannot parachute into the opened hangar due to the fact that the parachute will collide into the ceiling, causing you to fall and slow you.

Another important note is that whenever you land with a parachute you will not be able to run until you drop the parachute bag - which, slows you. You need to parachute straight to the Jet (or near it..) and quickly grab it and take off.

You can also, use to ol' good way and just fight back - you may find good covers behind barricades or even at the tower (look on the thread). But this - will take more time and resources.

It takes time, I practiced my way to Fort Zancudo a lot of times - I paid a lot of bills to Paleto Bay hospital.

You will succeed eventually.

I thought this as well, you're right about the jet instantly spawning and taking off behind you after stealing one. There are containers with JETSAM on the side of them around the base but after further exploration there doesn't appear to be any active SAM/AA.

Just to note, wonderful freaking topic! Love the pictures and all the details. I agree this area deserves some serious exploration since it was vastly ignored by the storyline of the game. I'd venture a guess some future DLC will make more use of this area as well as the many other detailed ones that were seemingly "ignored". The elevator doors that automatically open and close is a dead give-away for a future cutscene.

Edit: I was mistaken, post corrected.

Oh, I would like to take a look on those JETSAMs - didn't notice them :(.

Thanks by the way, I'm trying to do my best.

I really hope that the elevator will be meant to do something effective in the future though, I don't wanna see any 'GTA V - Episodes from San Andreas' or any sh*t. They should just add a few missions to the game, simple as f*cking that.

I tried to break into the base but got bombed up via jet or tank. It is very hard.

It's all about tactic, read my first comment on this post :D

I found out that the Grotti Carbonizarre is great for infiltrating Zancudo. I added turbo and some bulletproof tires and armor, and was able to last over 10 minutes with 4 stars without dying. Only died because I stole a tank and got shot at by another tank.

This gave me a chance to explore parts of the base I haven't seen before, but yet I still couldn't find a Cargobob other than the one that flies around the perimeter.

There is no cargobob spawning at Fort Zancudo, only 1 that flies and I've seen some saying here it got bulletproof shield which explains the reason I shot down the pilot and he didn't die...

Oh well, long live rockstar.

ok i have a few questions.

1. what is the uniform that they were? it looked like an acu bit it wasent digital. and i also heard a soldier said he was a marine and also the cargobob said marines. so dosent that mean they should wear desert marpat?

2. is it possible to wear a army uniform with camo? i saw some camo shirts but not an army uniform. and if you can wear one then try to disguise yourself in ft Zancudo.

3. is ft zancudo were trevor was in the military? or was he in the canadian military?

1. It doesn't matter really, this game doesn't work that way. The script automaticly rejects the player from the airbase. It won't determine if the player is in any vehicle, got any clothes or whatsoever. As of now, players simply can't infiltrate Fort Zancudo unseens / undetected (unless using some bugs / glitches / loopholes).

2. It's possible but as I've stated at 1, it wouldn't help you and there is no 'disguise' system (i really miss hitman too :D)

3. I don't really think, but it's possible. It seems like Trevor been in the army before he robbed North Yankee (or whatever the name of that place is)'s bank. That place is not even part of San Andreas, meaning he was in the army a long time before he moved to San Andreas.

Don't bother trying to bomb through the gates, you have to pass by a bunch of guards and most of the time they'll kill you before you can take off. Also, don't go for the LAZER that is kind of in the middle of the fort (the guarded one). It takes way too long to get to and you'll have the whole base coming down on you by that point.

What I saw online and it worked for me is, go the highway that is next to the base entrance and steal a fast car. Give yourself some distance to get up to a high speed. Drive as fast as you can toward the tunnel/hill area (south I think, fort on the left) and aim for the big brown dirt spot directly to the right of the opening. If you hit it with enough speed the car will clear the security fence. Immediately head toward the heart of the fort, down the runway and make a left at the end of the row of buildings (you shouldn't get a wanted level until you're right on the planes). There will be two LAZERs sitting there unguarded in a car port looking thing (a Titan is directly in front of you). Don't bother trying to maneuver right or left, you have enough space to get airborne before hitting the Titan.

As soon as possible hang a sharp right and fly low hugging the mountain, this will keep the enemy jet they scrambled from hitting you with missiles. Then just evade the police helicopters and land at an airstrip.

Btw I would highly recommend buying the best body armor that is for sale, it'll keep you alive if a guard is close enough to accurately hit you.

It's a good method of stealing that Jet, I'll try that one.

It's a real shame that the new stealth stuff isn't really used here.  It seems very similar to the base shown off in the new Metal Gear Solid game.  Would be much more fun and interesting to be able to explore that way.

That's the whole thing about, I hope that this topic will make a change at October's 1st.

Ok, if the rockets are coming from enemy jets there has to be a way to evade them.

Countermeasures or maybe they can be evaded by some maneuver?

Well, Hydras had flares in GTA San Andreas.

Seems like LAZERs don't have them :/.

• Funestus likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users