Photo

The Fort Zancudo Topic!

257 replies to this topic
SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

My first go I drove in there and got the jet, sounds like the challenge is to get the titan!

• jamrag2009 likes this

JamesB__
  • JamesB__

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Need to get the airport hanger first, but really don't fancy my chances. Can't imagine taking off before either a tank gets me or I get shot to pieces.

Get Trevomized
  • Get Trevomized

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

I saw a titan at LSX when I was stealing a 747 the other night.

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

Protecting your ass, killing some others!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

The thread was re-edited, I edited and added more information - I will continue to edit it soon.

New pictures added!

TheNooseMan
  • TheNooseMan

N.O.O.S.E. Officer

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Nice Topic SpaceOmega ! Very informative, thank you a lot !!!

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by SpaceOmega, 21 September 2013 - 02:48 AM.

Nice Topic SpaceOmega ! Very informative, thank you a lot !!!

Well thank you! :D

Section 'The Problem' was added!

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 21 September 2013 - 02:53 AM.

I've made 3 attempts with jumping from high above via a Police Helicopter.

Literally touched the ground when the stars appeared. Landed right by the two Titans.

Got a Titan airborne & stars free twice, HOWEVER rockets from the base had hit me.

Both right wing motors were on fire & the left ones were smoking.

Managed to "glide" all the way to the outskirts of main city (en route to main hangar) however the plane completly shutdown at that point. A little sad because I was clear of pursuit.

I used Michael.

The 3rd attempt involved a tank shooting me at long range as soon as I hit the ground.

That dude had mad sniper skills.

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

I've made 3 attempts with jumping from high above via a Police Helicopter.

Literally touched the ground when the stars appeared. Landed right by the two Titans.

Got a Titan airborne & stars free twice, HOWEVER rockets from the base had hit me.

Both right wing motors were on fire & the left ones were smoking.

Managed to "glide" all the way to the outskirts of main city (en route to main hangar) however the plane completly shutdown at that point. A little sad because I was clear of pursuit.

I used Michael.

The 3rd attempt involved a tank shooting me at long range as soon as I hit the ground.

That dude had mad sniper skills.

Nice! Try getting the P-996 LAZER and see how it goes.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

Nice! Try getting the P-996 LAZER and see how it goes.

Should be easier considering how much faster it's depature capabilities are compared to the Titan.

DFW333
  • DFW333

Firefighter

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

All these complex instructions on how to get the P-996. Just drive into the base from the main entrance using a very fast car, hook an immediate left across the parking lot to the end of the runway. Turn right and enter the hangar that has it's main door open. P-996 is there pointing out. Hit R2+R1 to move it out and angle it into an open area, let go of R1 and pull back on the left stick. Just fly out over the ocean for a while and you'll lose the wanted level. No body armor or special feats are required. I did it with Franklin, completely unarmed, before doing the second mission of the game (third if you count the prologue).

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

Gonna try entering the tower tomorrow with Michael! Gonna take some pics and of course claim my very own Minigun

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

You don't think stealing a Military aircraft is suppose to be easy right? 

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

YAY!

After 2-3 more attempts with the method I mentioned earlier, I got it!

Made it all the way back to LS airport.....intact........& fully functional!

Maybe switching to the "Spec Ops" outfit was a good luck charm.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:02 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 21 September 2013 - 07:05 AM.

WARNING:

Placing the Titan in the LS hangar leads to issues.

The next time you come back, the plane resets in the hangar (like all the planes do) however it clips into the wall, instantly destroying it. I guess the hangar has it's placement off.

***My recommendation if you want to keep the Titan:

Make an extra save game slot with you actually in flight with it.

Even loading a save were you're standing right by it causes it to load in the reset position, destroying it.

So hang on to a spare save until a patch or something is made to fix it OR just wait & don't go through the effort of stealing the Titan yet.

I learned the hard way, no reason anybody else should.

0_0.jpg

• Tacymist likes this

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

Gonna try entering the tower tomorrow with Michael! Gonna take some pics and of course claim my very own Minigun

Cool! It took me time to take picture of all the tower thingy. I'm happy to see that this discovery is useful :D

You don't think stealing a Military aircraft is suppose to be easy right? 

I do it everyday :D

YAY!

After 2-3 more attempts with the method I mentioned earlier, I got it!

Made it all the way back to LS airport.....intact........& fully functional!

Maybe switching to the "Spec Ops" outfit was a good luck charm.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

WARNING:

Placing the Titan in the LS hangar leads to issues.

The next time you come back, the plane resets in the hangar (like all the planes do) however it clips into the wall, instantly destroying it. I guess the hangar has it's placement off.

***My recommendation if you want to keep the Titan:

Make an extra save game slot with you actually in flight with it.

Even loading a save were you're standing right by it causes it to load in the reset position, destroying it.

So hang on to a spare save until a patch or something is made to fix it OR just wait & don't go through the effort of stealing the Titan yet.

I learned the hard way, no reason anybody else should.

0_0.jpg

You're a hero.

lozzy1234567890
  • lozzy1234567890

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

I actually find it relatively easy to get the fighter jet from this place, and after seeing people saying the titan is difficult I had a go, and got it first try with the same tactic I use to get the jet :D 

What I do, is mark a waypoint outside the base just before the bridge, call or find a taxi and take me there (using skip for keeping time short) then hijack the taxi. I then slam into the barrier, and go left, and navigate to the Jet, also running over the guard who, well, guards it. This should kill him every time (not experienced a failed run over)

Then I hop into the jet, turn it left, and follow the runway making sure it does NOT leave the ground, and about half way from the jet starting place, and the fence at the end of the runway, the road sorts of zig zags onto the bigger runway, still on the ground, then I build up speed, KEEPING it on the ground until the very last moment then quickly rise above the fence, and then straight back down, practically hugging the ground in case there was a missile that has gotten fired, and then soar straight back up and lose the stars.

I do this pretty much every time and get away with it 9 times out of 10.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:20 AM Edited by SuperDuperGta, 21 September 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Was checking out the radio tower to see if theres anyway to disengage the SAM rockets. There is a healthpack inside the radio tower so there must be a way in. Tried all doors so far and got nothing, tried shooting and exploding the windows and got nothing.

Edit: just read first page, will try again front door

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

Can the tank only be killed by explosives?

roffler
  • roffler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

I managed to pull a legit Cargobob out (not during the required mission.)

They spawn at the helipad on the East side of the base then immediately fly off, to make it look like the base is busy. It's tough to snag it because they only spawn when the pad isn't in view and you're a short distance away (the frame rate will stutter slightly when it loads in). The glass is seemingly bulletproof so you gotta take the pilot out before he gets in. Only way I've managed this is by having him get caught up in general mayhem. 

I never managed to have less than 5 stars leaving with it, which is a death sentence, but by cheesing quick save I got it back to the pad. It is great fun. I stole a jetski with it.

Sir Green Day
  • Sir Green Day

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

There are a few bugs in this game, the alarm is one of them.
I really want to infiltrate that base ala-Area 69 style while being very stealthy.

I hope R* patch it up on Oct. 1.

This is not a bug. I love how you kids think that if something in a game is hard it HAS to be a bug and fixed. Its a military sir base. Its supposed to be impossible to break into. Unbelievable.
  • Slippery Gypsy and jamrag2009 like this

Drwho94
  • Drwho94

Time Disruption

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Tips for getting the Lazer jet?

I try as michael I either get shot, or destroyed by a tank.

If in case I do get into one the airbase launches missiles at me. 

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

There are a few bugs in this game, the alarm is one of them.
I really want to infiltrate that base ala-Area 69 style while being very stealthy.

I hope R* patch it up on Oct. 1.

This is not a bug. I love how you kids think that if something in a game is hard it HAS to be a bug and fixed. Its a military sir base. Its supposed to be impossible to break into. Unbelievable.

It's certainly a bug when you've got stealth implemented into the game and yet you're not even given a fair chance to sneak around the base.  Get over yourself you dumb f*ck.

Slippery Gypsy
  • Slippery Gypsy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Just went in the coastal entrance, turned right, turned left, jumped in the jet (takes a few tries) and turned slightly right and took off, got hit by 1 rocket just after takeoff, (those f*ckers are sticky) no damage? Awesome! Dodge a few more rockets and loose my stars  And am about to land at lsx and bam... engines turn off... ditch 1200 feet offshore and after a few minutes see a fin....

imperialman
  • imperialman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Does the Cargobob actually spawn here outside of that mission?

Slippery Gypsy
  • Slippery Gypsy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Don't think so....

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I enjoy stealing a truck with trailer and rampage inside the base while "Convoy" song is playing on radio.

Slippery Gypsy
  • Slippery Gypsy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Every different way I time it to avoid the tanks they are always in the wrong spot...

No matter how many times I see that tank shell blow me off the top of the jet I always have a heart attack

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by GeneticallyDifferent, 21 September 2013 - 04:54 PM.

There has to be a way to destroy the anti air defenses.It all happens so fast that I can't see from where are the rockets coming from.

I managed to steal the p996 lazer from my 3rd attempt with Trevor,one rocket hit me,but I survived and soon after crashed. :sui:

Does p996 lazer has some countermeasures to divert the rockets?

Hydra in SA had flares.

I tried to find some tanks so I can clear the base before taking off but I can't find them.In the mission with Trevor they were there.

• Istoned likes this

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

I find it easy to clear with a tank before jumping in, ideally in a jet that has space to take off in front. I don't actually think the other missiles are SAM think they're other jets

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Oh,and btw guys check the sea behind the runway there is some interesting stuff.I found out when i crashed there.

• chilleverest likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users