Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Fort Zancudo Topic!

267 replies to this topic
SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

Protecting your ass, killing some others!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:28 AM Edited by SpaceOmega, 23 September 2013 - 09:43 AM.

0_0.jpg

Fort Zancudo

Most guarded location over San Andreas, this place is very interesting. You won't find this base on your map in-game, it's hidden! The only way to find it is to remember it's location. It's on the west side of the map, hover your pointer on it in-game and look for 'Fort Zancudo'.

There's a special map that shows Fort Zancudo, you will not find this map in-game.

304px-FortAirport-GTAV.png

Aircrafts in Fort Zancudo

Fort Zancudo got a lot of vehicles a lot of players would like to have in their hands, though it isn't easy to get them. Some vehicles are so secret that you may not even know they exist! There are 3 aircrafts you might wish to know about, that are found in the Airbase.

Buzzard Attack Helicopter

0_0.jpg

The Buzzard is an attack helicopter, which got a Rocket Launcher and a Vulcan Minigun hanged on each wing - making this helicopter a deadly vehicle. You may find only 3 Buzzards at Fort Zancudo, 1 at the closed hangar next to the opened one, and 2 at the hangar next to Fort Zancudo's Tower.

P-996 LAZER

0_0.jpg

This Jet Fighter is mounted with 2 advanced rockets system and 2 machine guns too, having the same weapons the Buzzard got. This jet got extremely strong engines that let it takeoff within a few seconds after starting the engines. You may find 6 parked LAZERs in Fort Zancudo, and 1 is being used for patrol duties. You may spot a LAZER taking off from the Airbase sometimes, and you might even spot him at Cassidy Creek sometimes.

Titan

0_0.jpg

The Titan seems to be a heavy cargo plane, mounted with 4 engines. This plane seems to be almost impossible to obtain due to the fact you need turn to plane into a proper taking off angle before escaping Fort Zancudo with it - and since it takes 'alot' of time, you are very vulnerable. You may find 2 Titans parked infront of the closed and opened hangars, and 1 Titan is flying around (Most likely at night). There's nothing else special about this plane.

Fort Zancudo Map

I've made a map of Fort Zancudo with interest point you guys might find useful, take a quick look.

If you know about anything that should be added tell me please.

Legend:

P-996 LAZER Spawn

Titan Spawn

Buzzard Spawn

Unconfirmed Buzzard Spawn

Entrance Checkpoint

Fort Zancudo Tower Entrance Door

Fort Zancudo Fire Department Station

Fort Zancudo Fuel Station

Barracks

Basket court / yard

Training Yard

ziPpUQz.png

Fort Zancudo Tower

After a deep investigation, I discovered further information about Fort Zancudo! Don't fall to Rockstar's trap, this place worth a shot to look into. Fort Zancudo's Tower seems to be a regular building but it is an enterable building, and not everyone will notice that!

In order to enter the ACT (Air Control Tower) you will need to go to buttom of the tower, and reach that building:

(Overview on the ACT's building)

0_0.jpg

Once you're there, look for the front door.

(ACT's front door, entrance)

0_0.jpg

You wouldn't even believe it! Walk through the door, and you will enter the Tower's interior!

(Reception, 'Lobby')

0_0.jpg

The ACT seems to be the main station for Fort Zancudo. You may also find the Training Room which is a class with a lot of posters about weapons. You can learn about the Guards, Duties and Weapons being used in Fort Zancudo!

("Training Room", Class)

0_0.jpg

Continue forward in the Hall, until you reach the stairs and elevator. You cannot use the elevator, the door would open but it wouldn't let you go up - you'll have to go up in the old way...

Once you reach upstairs you will find a door that leads to the buttom control room.

Guess what you will find there? Except for a view over the airfield and airbase, a Minigun - that's right, they seem to store their weapons in all wrong places.

(Buttom Control Room, Notice the Minigun on the floor)

0_0.jpg

(View on Fort Zancudo from the Buttom Control Room)

0_0.jpg

You will find last pair of staircase, that leads to the top control room, where basicly you will be able to get a view of the whole base, and for a bonus - a health kit may be found under the table in the center of the room.

(Top Control Room, feat. Trevor Phillips Industries!)

0_0.jpg

Welcome to Fort Zancudo's Tower, ladies and gentlemen.

The Problem

As far as some of you may notice, there's a problem! This base is amazing and interesting but the only problem is, it's scripted in very sh*t way ( :( ). You cannot actually take out guards stealthy, or infiltrate unnoticed and don't have enough approach options except for loud assault or quick theft of vehicles. What I'd wish to see is giving us an option for stealth approach. There is no way to enter the Airbase Premises without raising the alarm. As soon as you enter a specific area within the base the alarm will raise automaticly and 4 wanted points will be issued. The other problem is, that there is no way to take out a guard silently since whenever a guard is getting killed, no matter what or how the alarm will be raised.

It's a big problem because the smart approach really desereves a chance. Let's hope and pray that this problem will be solved as soon as possible by a patch / update. If you have any possibility to grab Rockstar's attention to the business, please do so - It could solve this problem real quick.

Discuss :D

• milkmansun, flyus747, Palikari and 6 others like this

neato9611
  • neato9611

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Very descriptive topic, I find Zancudo to be very interesting! It's the Fort Knox of San An, but instead of gold it's full of all the toys we can't afford. For the titan, I notoced that you can lower the ramp mid-flight. This was discovered right before a volley of rockets sent me careening into the perimeter walls. Not sure which button, I had a button mashing fit as I was trying to figure out all of the features before I lost the plane. Seems like stealing any aircraft from Zancudo is nearly impossible, but so far my most successful infiltrations involve sending Trevor in. I can use his rage mode to quickly dispatch and soldiers between my score and me and commandeer my vehicle unscathed. Problems occur soon after. Any tips on stealing the titan or neutralizing the AA defenses are appreciated! Also worth noting that a fast motorcycle or car with good handling will help you serpentine through the tanks, I've never been hit by a Rhino yet.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:41 AM Edited by DODI3OG, 20 September 2013 - 07:53 AM.

There are a few bugs in this game, the alarm is one of them.

I really want to infiltrate that base ala-Area 69 style while being very stealthy.

I hope R* patch it up on Oct. 1.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Yep, this describes best how Rockstar failed with their new "stealth" feature. I hope this will be improved by a patch or we can get into the base later in a mission without alerting anyone. Maybe by wearing military clothes or something.

• davetopper likes this

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Nice topic!

But "though we never had any kind mission that even gets near this place!"

Spoiler

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

The Buzzard can also be obtained on the roof of the
Spoiler

alexabsolute
  • alexabsolute

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

Does a rhino spawn there at all.

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Okey guys, I've been looking at your comments so far and I will reply to the comments I have additions / (dis)agreements;

Very descriptive topic, I find Zancudo to be very interesting! It's the Fort Knox of San An, but instead of gold it's full of all the toys we can't afford. For the titan, I notoced that you can lower the ramp mid-flight. This was discovered right before a volley of rockets sent me careening into the perimeter walls. Not sure which button, I had a button mashing fit as I was trying to figure out all of the features before I lost the plane. Seems like stealing any aircraft from Zancudo is nearly impossible, but so far my most successful infiltrations involve sending Trevor in. I can use his rage mode to quickly dispatch and soldiers between my score and me and commandeer my vehicle unscathed. Problems occur soon after. Any tips on stealing the titan or neutralizing the AA defenses are appreciated! Also worth noting that a fast motorcycle or car with good handling will help you serpentine through the tanks, I've never been hit by a Rhino yet.

Indeed! This place is very interesting to explore. Unfortunately, I could only pilot the Titan for about 10 seconds, trying to turn it into proper angle to takeoff, but failed as I got exploded!

It seems like it is possible to take the P-996 out of the fort, I did it myself a few times and I even stored 1 at Michael's hangar at Los Santos International Airport!

Yep, this describes best how Rockstar failed with their new "stealth" feature. I hope this will be improved by a patch or we can get into the base later in a mission without alerting anyone. Maybe by wearing military clothes or something.

Indeed, I actually started the topic all because of that! I've been scouting Fort Zancudo for a while, looking at the aircrafts patrolling / taking off / landing. I've tried to look for entrances for stealth approaches - I could only find 1 at the western side, where you can jump on a fence on then jump on a building though it seems to be a glitch so I won't post it here.. I think having military clothes could be cool but it's not Hitman or anything :D I just wish we could infiltrate, use cover and stealth kill guards.

Nice topic!

But "though we never had any kind mission that even gets near this place!"

Spoiler

It's possible, I've been reading about it... Unfortunately (or most likely fortunately :p) I chose another approach for the heist therefore I've never stole any cargobob from Fort Zancudo.

Does a rhino spawn there at all.

Oh mate, you should try entering Fort Zancudo again with a car. Just look for giant desert camo tanks rushing your way!

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yeah you steal the chopper with trevor, so half of us would have been there choosing that side of the heist.

And easily stole it!!

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Indeed!

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

I broke into their base and the military came after me, six stars?

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

"You won't find this base on your map. It's hidden" - followed by a portion of the map showing the base!

• Terrazi Terrajin likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Does anyone have any picture of the military uniforms?

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

The sealth thing is the same with cops....

Say you're in Blaine County and there's a sheriff cruiser. The road's empty, there's only one sheriff in the vehicle and you manage to wipe him out almost instantly with a silenced weapon - you still get 3 stars. I hope this gets patched because I love those sheriff cruisers, they remind me of the NOOSE ones.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

There are few missions there. On the other hand they totally left out the prison.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

offtopic but I killed a female park ranger out in the countryside and received no stars.

• GTA5FAN055 likes this

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by Uncle Cletus, 20 September 2013 - 06:30 PM.

I have the P996.

Here is how I did it.

Armor a vehicle and yourself. Drive to the base but don't enter. Park on the bridge and QUICK SAVE HERE! Exit your vehicle and choose the best weapon so the next time you exit your vehicle you're armed immediately.

Drive through the gates and up to the left is a parking lot with army trucks. Drive through there and at the end turn right. Go past the first P996, it's guarded. The second one isn't but the gamble is it sometimes isn't there. Sometimes you can exit thevehicle, steal the P996 and get off the ground without taking ground fire.

Fly straight out to sea and be prepared to fly a few evasive moves because if you're hit once your plane won't outrun them and have the guts left to make it back to Trevor's hanger. So if you get away clean, fly quite wide from the shore and keep going until your wanted level drops away. Fly your new toy home.

That's the first difficult part. The second part is worse. I crashed two before landing one safelty enough to taxi into a hanger to save. The landing is a bitch.

I plan to use the same method to steal a Buzzard.

And I wasn't all that far into the game. I found the base flying over innocently sightseeing. Killed. Had to go back and steal what attacked me.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Do military come after you in jets if you steal one of theirs?

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Does anyone have any picture of the military uniforms?

I'll get you one soon!

The sealth thing is the same with cops....

Say you're in Blaine County and there's a sheriff cruiser. The road's empty, there's only one sheriff in the vehicle and you manage to wipe him out almost instantly with a silenced weapon - you still get 3 stars. I hope this gets patched because I love those sheriff cruisers, they remind me of the NOOSE ones.

Indeed, it's impossible to kill any law enforcer currently without being persued with cops, it's silly.

There are few missions there. On the other hand they totally left out the prison.

There is only 1 mission, which is a Heist Setup - but it only occurs if you choose a particulary approach. I probably (along with others) didn't.

There is 1 mission where you dive into Humane's research labs, Humane research labs are not to be confused with Fort Zancudo!

I have the P996.

Here is how I did it.

Armor a vehicle and yourself. Drive to the base but don't enter. Park on the bridge and QUICK SAVE HERE! Exit your vehicle and choose the best weapon so the next time you exit your vehicle you're armed immediately.

Drive through the gates and up to the left is a parking lot with army trucks. Drive through there and at the end turn right. Go past the first P996, it's guarded. The second one isn't but the gamble is it sometimes isn't there. Sometimes you can exit thevehicle, steal the P996 and get off the ground without taking ground fire.

Fly straight out to sea and be prepared to fly a few evasive moves because if you're hit once your plane won't outrun them and have the guts left to make it back to Trevor's hanger. So if you get away clean, fly quite wide from the shore and keep going until your wanted level drops away. Fly your new toy home.

That's the first difficult part. The second part is worse. I crashed two before landing one safelty enough to taxi into a hanger to save. The landing is a bitch.

I plan to use the same method to steal a Buzzard.

And I wasn't all that far into the game. I found the base flying over innocently sightseeing. Killed. Had to go back and steal what attacked me.

It's possible though it's too complicated. I think it's much easier to parachute into the airbase with Trevor, using his special ability until you reach a plane / buzzard.

Do military come after you in jets if you steal one of theirs?

They will chase after you once you steal it, but if you lose your stars, you will eventually lose them too - giving you all the time in the world to use the LAZER.

igrvks
  • igrvks

Proto Hipster

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

The only way to take the P-996 is probably the parachuting option, which can be done if you parachute right next to the big opened hanger or the tiny hangers at the western side of the airbase.

Get yourself a fast car like a Infernus, drive trough the gate at full speed and if it goes right there will be about 5 second lag for the alarm. ( I quicksaved outside to properly test this and it worked every time) This makes the difference for stealing the jet, since with the alarm lag you are just pulling up with the jet when the first jeep arrives.

When you get to the air you should first initiate evasive manouvers while trying to fly as far away and as high up from the base as possible. After you evade the missiles, keep flying all the way up until your engines stall, then circle in the same area, since when you move a specific length the game will spawn a police helicopter (so high up you can see the curvature of earth, yeah right). Keep circling to stop choppers from spawning and wait until the police forget you just stole jet and go stash it into your hangar.

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

The longer you're in the base, the worse it gets. My method gets you in and to the Lazer quickly. And saving on the bridge allows you multiple attempts easily. Your method needs access to a parachute. My method will work for almost anyone. I still don't have parachutes at Ammunation. I'm nearly 50% in.

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

The only way to take the P-996 is probably the parachuting option, which can be done if you parachute right next to the big opened hanger or the tiny hangers at the western side of the airbase.

Get yourself a fast car like a Infernus, drive trough the gate at full speed and if it goes right there will be about 5 second lag for the alarm. ( I quicksaved outside to properly test this and it worked every time) This makes the difference for stealing the jet, since with the alarm lag you are just pulling up with the jet when the first jeep arrives.

When you get to the air you should first initiate evasive manouvers while trying to fly as far away and as high up from the base as possible. After you evade the missiles, keep flying all the way up until your engines stall, then circle in the same area, since when you move a specific length the game will spawn a police helicopter (so high up you can see the curvature of earth, yeah right). Keep circling to stop choppers from spawning and wait until the police forget you just stole jet and go stash it into your hangar.

Indeed, I've also tried to steal a tank and rampage on everyone but if you take 1 hit from another tank - game over.

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Do what I did last night.. Use whichever character you have that has an airstrip and take one of the other two or better yet all three with you to the base and they will keep the military busy lon enough for you to jump into a plane and escape.

But as for ground vehicles.. I'd leave them be because I'm sure with a slow tank the while WORLD will be on you ass. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by blk95ta, 20 September 2013 - 08:12 PM.

I have the jet at trevors hanger now. i just spent 25 mins attacking the base and los santos with it. i actually got away from a 5 star wanted level and then got another one and was shot down while strafing the fort with missals. i didn't plan on surviving so i just used my restore point to go back to after i saved the jet in the hanger.

i did it basically by using the chopper at trevor's airport that respawns automatically and flew it to right before the base, saved it, then when i got on the ground i saved again. took me a few tries but i got away with the jet and then once i got in the air i saved again, and then saved once i got the wanted level removed. it  takes a lot of saving and restoring lol.

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Do what I did last night.. Use whichever character you have that has an airstrip and take one of the other two or better yet all three with you to the base and they will keep the military busy lon enough for you to jump into a plane and escape.

But as for ground vehicles.. I'd leave them be because I'm sure with a slow tank the while WORLD will be on you ass. 

Never tried to use all characters at once, I am waiting for GTA Online to raid the airbase until we'll get some good vehicles to store (If it's possible).

chairmansaab
  • chairmansaab

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

What about quick saving in Base itself ? lol

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Even the fort itself is huge! It would take a long time to explore! Imagine what it would be like if the game had an Easter egg mission.

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Even the fort itself is huge! It would take a long time to explore! Imagine what it would be like if the game had an Easter egg mission.

I think there are a few hidden or secret scenes.

For example, I was walking in Blaine County while I noticed a jeep with it's doors opened, I went to that and then I got tazed by a fatty, which came out from no where.

I woke up in the railroad with a train rushing my way with no clothes.

That's epic!

NeverEstablished
  • NeverEstablished

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

I think i found a loophole to go in without stars.

Basically start second hunting mission with Cletus and leave halfway though to go explore instead. 

Full post here http://gtaforums.com...-with-no-stars/

• PringlesMan likes this

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Every time I try and steal a jet I get DESTROYED by tanks. I know this is going to be hella epic online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users