Photo

Xbox 360 graphics problems

37 replies to this topic
JCubes
  • JCubes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could help. I installed the play disc before I found out it wasn't recommended and now my graphics at night time and dark textures look horrible. I removed the play disc install but the graphics are still the same. 2nhi435.jpg

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Your TV settings are waaaaayyyyy too bright dude.

JCubes
  • JCubes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

What should the brightness be on? My tv says the brightness is on 40...

JCubes
  • JCubes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

And I've never had a problem with any other game

Spliffpanda
  • Spliffpanda

One weed to rule them all

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Try go in to your TV's settings and chose "Reset" and then go in the the Game Graphics Options (Press Start, then RB until you see it) and change your brightness level to the option R* wants you too. Good luck!

JCubes
  • JCubes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

2d1vm37.jpg here's another one after I turned my Brightness down

TheSoup
  • TheSoup

Welsh Wizard

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

What car is that? Looks like the Batmobile :blink:

shaftonetwoone
  • shaftonetwoone

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

There's a hidden car in one of the hangars at the SA airport. I believe it's based on one of the models of the secret cars from LA Noire.

karma2burn
  • karma2burn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'm having the same exact problem and it's driving me goddamn nuts. I can't figure out why it's happening.

This is how bad it can get in my game when you look from certain angles.

20130919_122435_zps701b8642.jpg

minieye
  • minieye

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

The in game brightness? Where they let you do it at the very beginning.

karma2burn
  • karma2burn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

The in game brightness? Where they let you do it at the very beginning.

Nope, that's not it either.  I messed around with turning that all the way down and all the way up.  Neither worked.  I use a vga connection on my 360 so I switched it to an HDMI cable and set it to both 1080p and 720p.  Same issue.  I also deleted the disc 1 install files and reinstalled it with no luck.  

I have a usb 3.0 stick coming in the mail today and I'm going to try installing disc 2 on that to see if it might be a streaming issue.  If that doesn't work the only thing left is it's either my TV or something wrong with the game disc.  

I'm starting to think that maybe because I have an older hdtv that it might have something to do with that.  I did mess with all the display settings on the tv which had no effect.  If nothing else works I have a samsung lcd in my bedroom that I plan on connecting to the 360 to see if that is the problem.

At first I wasn't that bothered by it but it's really distracting now.  It only happens at night or in really dark areas.  

Dmayne
  • Dmayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

I am having the same oily texture issue on the xbox 360.  I don't think it's on our end.  The game isn't rendering dark colors correctly.  Rockstar needs to patch this.

Get_Head_Ed
  • Get_Head_Ed

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Sympathy's my friend. My advice to you would be uninstalling the game all together and reinstalling. That's the only thing I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned. If you have an extra/empty flashdrive you might want to consider moving your save game file onto there then deleting GTAV from your 360 altogether. After you've reinstalled the game, move you save file back onto your hard drive from the flashdrive. I hope you get this issue resolved.

karma2burn
  • karma2burn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

I am having the same oily texture issue on the xbox 360.  I don't think it's on our end.  The game isn't rendering dark colors correctly.  Rockstar needs to patch this.

It doesn't seem to be a huge problem otherwise there would be a lot more people complaining.  I've scoured the internet and only have found 2 - 3 people mentioning this issue.  I sent an email to rockstar support and included my screenshot but I haven't heard anything yet.

karma2burn
  • karma2burn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Sympathy's my friend. My advice to you would be uninstalling the game all together and reinstalling. That's the only thing I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned. If you have an extra/empty flashdrive you might want to consider moving your save game file onto there then deleting GTAV from your 360 altogether. After you've reinstalled the game, move you save file back onto your hard drive from the flashdrive. I hope you get this issue resolved.

I've already uninstalled and installed the game again.  I'm going to try the usb thing tonight or tomorrow.

JCubes
  • JCubes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

Let us know if that works karma, tried re-installing on the hdd but no luck.

karma2burn
  • karma2burn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Let us know if that works karma, tried re-installing on the hdd but no luck.

Unfortunately installing the second disc to the USB drive didn't work either.  I played last night for a while and I was in the desert at night and all the mountains in the distance were just a mess of pixelation.   It's really starting to ruin the experience.  

jasonr71
  • jasonr71

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

If this was a known graphics bug within the game, it would affect every single xbox 360! The other possibility is that your Xbox 360 may need an update!  Do you have your Xbox 360 setup to automatically install the latest updates?

If it's not the above, I would be testing another video cable, and see if this is happening with your other Xbox games. What Hz does your TV run at, e.g. 50hz or 60hz or higher.
In the settings for the Xbox in general under Display, there is a TV display setting option, and I apologise because I can't think of hand what it's called, but it has a selection of 'Standard', Intermediate and expert mode I think.  Try each of these setting with your HDMI cable and see if this makes a difference!

Good Luck

thisISben
  • thisISben

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

I have this exact problem.

No other game has ever given me this issue, frustrating!

I found turning the brightness in-game down a bit helps, but it is between having the game maybe too dark or having this problem.

Surely a patch can fix this?

Let us know if R* get back to you, OP!

thisISben
  • thisISben

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Any more info on this??

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:44 AM Edited by matsix, 23 September 2013 - 08:44 AM.

Sometimes I notice it, it kinda looks like the graphics at night when using enb on gta san andreas.

........Maybe rockstar is using enb :ooo lol.

karma2burn
  • karma2burn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Finally took a video of how bad the shadows look in my game.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lblVWUErIvg

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Step 1. Unplug xbox.
Step 2. Put xbox in box.
Step 3. Take to gamestop.
Step 4. Trade in and put extra cash to get PS3 amd gta5
Step 5. Setup up at home and enjoy without graphics problems!!

You are welcome :)

Oh, you are just so cute, Crav3, however it has nothing to do with the 360, mine runs and looks just fine.

Pumptruffle
  • Pumptruffle

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

Wasn't this a problem with the older Xboxes? I've seen quite a lot about it online. It was a problem with the 2 disc system or something, people were saying to install it on an external hard drive?

Ste_1
  • Ste_1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

http://www.gamefaqs....auto-v/67272413

I had the same on my led sony tv

Follow this link and try these settings, you can play around with them untill you find whats right for you.

karma2burn
  • karma2burn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Follow this link and try these settings, you can play around with them untill you find whats right for you.

I've played around with all the image settings on my tv and nothing has had any effect.  Rockstar replied back to me asking me to try a bunch of different stuff which I'll get around to this weekend.

The other things I'm going to try is hooking my xbox up to my tv upstairs to see if that makes any difference.

Ste_1
  • Ste_1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

It fixed it for me, i guess your tv is broke or xbox.  Replace one when you find out

thisISben
  • thisISben

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

I've played around with all the image settings on my tv and nothing has had any effect.  Rockstar replied back to me asking me to try a bunch of different stuff which I'll get around to this weekend.

The other things I'm going to try is hooking my xbox up to my tv upstairs to see if that makes any difference.

What stuff did rockstar say to do??

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

I have both discs installed onto my harddrive and i do not have this issue

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members