Photo

ALERT: "Problem" with Storage Device

14 replies to this topic
RussianLunatic
  • RussianLunatic

Fix my game Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

XBOX 360: While playing a side mission with the jogger girl as Michael, my screen went to black and it gave me an alert sign saying; "Alert. The game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device where the game data was installed. Please replace the storage device and re-install the game data if issues continue to occur." Before I was able to play for a short time after I restarted, but now I can't get past the loading screen. I've tried re-installing, changing Xboxes, new hardrive, even a new account, and still nothing. Anyone know anything to do to fix it? Or do I just wait until October 1st, when they are supposedly supposed to fix the bug? And don't give me a BS response, like "Buy a PS3" or something of that nature.

thirdworldking
  • thirdworldking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

XBOX 360: While playing a side mission with the jogger girl as Michael, my screen went to black and it gave me an alert sign saying; "Alert. The game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device where the game data was installed. Please replace the storage device and re-install the game data if issues continue to occur." Before I was able to play for a short time after I restarted, but now I can't get past the loading screen. I've tried re-installing, changing Xboxes, new hardrive, even a new account, and still nothing. Anyone know anything to do to fix it? Or do I just wait until October 1st, when they are supposedly supposed to fix the bug? And don't give me a BS response, like "Buy a PS3" or something of that nature.

have you tried returning the game for being faulty?

RussianLunatic
  • RussianLunatic

Fix my game Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

have you tried returning the game for being faulty?

About to. It's a little harder to return because it is from Gamefly, which is an online service. So I can't just go to the store and come back in one day. But if have the bug on this game, will it have affected my Xbox so I can't play the new GTA when I get it? I made the mistake of putting the same storage device on a different Xbox so I don't know if the bug can be spread by hardrive or if it is just the game itself.

_johngotdoe
  • _johngotdoe

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Same thing happening to me bro, they needa get this sh*t fixed ASAP there's so many tweets directed towards them on twitter about this and they're just acting as if the problem doesn't exist. f*ck them.
  • Laz0rCannonZz likes this

Darka
  • Darka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

Here is how i solved it and what solutions i attempted to fix it

I had followed the advice not to install the play disk and the game still crashed

Cleared Cached often and still crashed

Installed about 7 times  and still crashed,

Formatted HD and still crashed with storage device issue

I swapped the game and havent had issues

Apparently the issue is caused by the inner ring of the game being damaged or dirty

Take your disk you hold it up to the light and see how ugly the middle clear part is
If you are having this issue it will not look terrible but you should notice some "damage" or things on it
Compare this to a disk not having issues and that part is totally clear

Note

I am not an expert on the disk middle thing, its something i heard and i noticed after checking myself

Havent had issues since swapping for a new disk, if you can swap it do it 

Its an error a few are running into, Go take disk back and enjoy the game

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:50 AM Edited by King Kapone, 03 October 2013 - 03:51 AM.

After all this mess with GTA Online, I just got this error right now.

WOW!

I am beyond pissed. (not at R* necessarily or anything, just pissed)

X24g99
  • X24g99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

It's the disc. I had the same problem and I just finally gave up and went and got a new copy. Works like a charm now

MisterLongPants
  • MisterLongPants

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

I just started getting this problem. My question is if I reinstall the game from a friends copy or a rental disc would I then be able to play the game using my own play disc?

I imported my copy to Australia from ozgameshop.com & really don't want to have to deal with a return, also I am not going to buy a new copy only for this to start happening again, R* have made more then enough money on this game.

For me the problem only happens (so far) when I travel to Palomino Highlands. At this point the game goes black & it restarts.

MisterLongPants
  • MisterLongPants

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

I rented another copy of the game and installed that. I was able to then pass the section of the game giving me trouble but then later on during one of Trevors drug drop missions (bombing the competition) it then crapped itself and restarted the game when I entered the san chianski mountain range area east of the desert.

This is a totally different disc, different install and its f*cked un a different place. Rockstar really need to fix this sh*t cuz its ridiculous.

deanver
  • deanver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

This same thing just happened to me last night and again a few mintues ago.  I am not deleting the game and reinstalling for fear of losing my online progress,  Are there more people having this problem?

MisterLongPants
  • MisterLongPants

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Seems a lot of people are but as its a problem thats been around since launch I'm finding less frequent posts about it as problems with online become more widespread.

deanver
  • deanver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

http://support.rocks...-V-for-Xbox-360

I cleared the hard drive cache like the above link says to do...but I had the same thing happen anyway.  This sucks.

MisterLongPants
  • MisterLongPants

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Yeah I don't even think its a problem with scratches on the disc or anything its just for whatever reason when the game installs its corrupt.

May I ask is what exactly are u doing when the game sh*ts itself? Were you entering a part of the map you hadn't been to before?

raptor_7
  • raptor_7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Guys i had the same problem but worst.I couldn't even get past the first mission (bank robbery) .Suddenly the game restarts with the R* symbol and says ALERT the game restart............ i tried everything . i even changed the storage device. i gave up, but my friend who had the same problem said that you should get a new disc or clean the disc using toothpaste. i know it sounds stupid but i cleaned it with toothpaste the game works like a charm. By the way, if still doesn't work get a new disc. There are bunch of videos on YOUTUBE showing how to fix the disc,most of them are using toothpaste. GOOD LUCK !!  :^:

MisterLongPants
  • MisterLongPants

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

...toothpaste?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users