Quantcast

» «
Photo

Purchased cars not showing up in impound lot?

19 replies to this topic
Vanzbadga
  • Vanzbadga

Groovy

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

i purchased a truck with franklin and fully modded it also i bought a car with michael and fully modded that also, but they have vanished after leaving them somewhere and are not appearing in the impound, what is the point of buying a car if this sh*t happens... Anyone else experience this?

rgangsta
  • rgangsta

THE OPERATOR

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

You got jacked! By the cops!

But no. I haven't experiences this. Avoided by only storing 1 custom car. Where you get a bigger garage, you can store 2+ cars inside. Maybe a bike as well.

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

If it's not in the police impound then possibly in your car garage. (not at safehouse garage)

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

You have to buy a garage.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by RichyB, 20 September 2013 - 03:54 AM.

Remember to go to the impound as the right character i.e. the person who modified the car, also choose the right car from the list when you get there.

Also impounds and garages are not the same thing.

Vanzbadga
  • Vanzbadga

Groovy

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

Remember to go to the impound as the right character i.e. the person who modified the car, also choose the right car from the list when you get there.

Also impounds and garages are not the same thing.

They do not appear in the impound at all even with the right character, I had it stored in my garage but went on a joyride and the car has vanished off the game. I thought it was supposed to be impounded if you left it somewhere?

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

You have to buy a garage.

Each character has a garage to start with.
Shouldn't it be there?

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Did you look if it's still where you left it? Happend to me! 

Another time I was frustrated, switched to Trevor and well, you know how it is… after switching back Michael was driving around in the missing car.

Also sometimes it takes a while till it comes up at the impound lot. I hope you will get em back! I'm still missing a truck I've bought with Trevor too…

Vanzbadga
  • Vanzbadga

Groovy

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

Did you look if it's still where you left it? Happend to me! 
Another time I was frustrated, switched to Trevor and well, you know how it is after switching back Michael was driving around in the missing car.

Also sometimes it takes a while till it comes up at the impound lot. I hope you will get em back! I'm still missing a truck I've bought with Trevor too

Well i lost them at around 15% completion and i am now at around 58% looks like they ain't showing up anytime soon.

Wayoff333
  • Wayoff333

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

Same this happened to me, modified a car with Trevor went to a mission by the docks. Didn't show up at impound or at my garage after.

Spent $60k on upgrades FML

unknownplan
  • unknownplan

Its Never Planed

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Same here -___-

unknownplan
  • unknownplan

Its Never Planed

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Same here -___-

Stanyer
  • Stanyer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Same thing.

Spent $440K on an Infernus with Michael, fully modded it with everything the most expensive as possible, had it for a while and had previously collected it from the impound/garage.

Went to get it from the garage, not there. Went to the impound, not there.

Now i'm carless & broke...  :sarcasm:

O mighty Jedi
  • O mighty Jedi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

i purchased a truck with franklin and fully modded it also i bought a car with michael and fully modded that also, but they have vanished after leaving them somewhere and are not appearing in the impound, what is the point of buying a car if this sh*t happens... Anyone else experience this?

This happend to me today, paid £1,000,000 for an Adder drove to the hanger to fly my Luxor jet.
After my flight I landed it, put it back in the Hanger and my Adder was gone! Not in the impound or garage no where, same with lots of cars, I can't leave them anywhere otherwise they just dissapearedvafter no point in playing? I'm now getting taxis everywhere and I've got 35 million in the bank, bull S!

Very poor R*

infinitytph
  • infinitytph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Please fix this, Rockstar!!!! This thing is very important to me in the game... love to have my cars and not lose them. Go to missions, do whatever, and keep my cars. I was thinking that the 5th version of GTA should have this fixed... =(

jdorenbush
  • jdorenbush

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by jdorenbush, 10 November 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Today was the first time I tried to use the Police Impound, and I ended up losing my Pegassi Vacca...

Playing as Michael, I took my Vacca out of the Vinewood Garage and drove it to the hospital so I could use the helicopter on top of the building. I flew across the city, did a mission, switched to Trevor for a couple missions, switched back to Michael and went to the Police Impound to grab my Vacca, but to my surprise it wasn't there!

I also checked my Vinewood Garage, Safehouse, and even the hospital where I left it. It wasn't at any of these locations.

Update: Since I stole this vehicle during the Meltdown mission (however, I modified it so I figured it would register as being my car) I wanted to confirm if it was an issue with this specifc car. I loaded the game right before I lost the Vacca and I went back to the Vinewood Garage and took the car out again. I left it out on the street, switched characters and let some time pass by. I switched back to Michael and drove to the Police Impound to see if it was there, and this time it was.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

As you can tell R* doesn't give a f*ck about single player.
That's why trackers and insurance is only online.

fangbutt
  • fangbutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

They went full retard with the SP impound; stolen cars get impounded (why?!) and purchased cars often do not and are lost

tmorris9
  • tmorris9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

I thought the lost car thing was fixed but I just bought the expensive 4 door truck (around $40,000) as Trevor, fully modded it, stored it in the garage (not safe house) then took it out off road and sunk it in the swamp while being chased by police. It's now gone. Not in the police impound, not in my garage, not at the safe house. This sucks. And yes I am trying as Trevor the character that bought the truck. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Cars don't show up to the impound because you did not have ownership of it. To get ownership of a car is pretty simple, you just have to bring it to LSC.

So, if you take is out of the garage, smash it against a brick wall or something else, and bring it to LSC. Repair it and there you go. It's ''your'' car.

Repeat everytime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users