Quantcast

» «
Photo

OverHyped by R*?

83 replies to this topic

Poll: OverHyped by R*? (217 member(s) have cast votes)

OverHyped by R*?

1. Yes (115 votes [51.57%])

Percentage of vote: 51.57%

2. No (108 votes [48.43%])

Percentage of vote: 48.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Rockstar never overhyped it. The fans did it to themselves.

Why do people keep saying this???

I expected a 'massive' world, we got a big world, that's fine - but 'big' and 'massive' are two different descriptions aren't they?
R* hyped up the word 'massive' in their trailer, not me or any fan :/

I downloaded ALL the V trailers and the gameplay video, and, in the GAMEPLAY VIDEO at 15 seconds, the narrator lady with the weird voice says: "the game world is beautiful, MASSIVE and diverse"

People don't remember that and actually want to debate and say this was never mentioned (the ones with bad memories)

And the ecosystem - last time I'll mention it, was mentioned in an interview.
This quote is from a preview by The Guardian

"There are farmlands, deserts, villages,
mountains; there is even a functioning
ecosystem teeming with wildlife"

Many of us may have had their wishlists but R* said certain things that alluded us in the end :/

I love the game regardless - I won't let these opinions f*ck up the way I feel about V, as I said before, up until this point in open world sandbox games - V, to me is a masterpiece compared to the other sh*t being sold.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by Official General, 16 December 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Rockstar haven't overhyped anything, GTA marketing is scarse at times, the fans overhype it because of the dry spells of information. Everyone gets super excited even at screenshots. Nobody knows what the game is going to be about for a very long time, the hype is natural, and because of it, the games sell a crap load more than anything else on the market. Where is the problem?

Not being rude, but this is bullsh*t and it just makes no sense. It's totally illogical to overhype a game you knew almost nothing about. Only a seriously dumb fool would do that, and I don't believe for one second that most of the GTA fans on here are seriously dumb fools (save a very few individuals). 

I've been on these forums a long time, and I can tell you that nobody was overhyping GTA V due to periods of a lack of pre-release information about the game. If anything that just lead to people being very frustrated, annoyed and over-anxious, from what I remembered. There was nothing to be hyped up about, because for a very long time, there was no substantial pre-release info. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by AceKingston, 16 December 2013 - 03:52 PM.

Rockstar haven't overhyped anything, GTA marketing is scarse at times, the fans overhype it because of the dry spells of information. Everyone gets super excited even at screenshots. Nobody knows what the game is going to be about for a very long time, the hype is natural, and because of it, the games sell a crap load more than anything else on the market. Where is the problem?

Not being rude, but this is bullsh*t and it just makes no sense. It's totally illogical to overhype a game you knew almost nothing about. Only a seriously dumb fool would do that, and I don't believe for one second that most of the GTA fans on here are seriously dumb fools (save a very few individuals). 

I've been on these forums a long time, and I can tell you that nobody was overhyping GTA V due to periods of a lack of pre-release information about the game. If anything that just lead to people being very frustrated, annoyed and over-anxious, from what I remembered. There was nothing to be hyped up about, because for a very long time, there was no substantial pre-release info. 

Come on General you know that is very stupid. The fault lies with the fans. Many many people on GTAF were over hyping the game which is why the game was so well received by other gamers who were following other games as well.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by Official General, 16 December 2013 - 04:15 PM.

Come on General you know that is very stupid. The fault lies with the fans. Many many people on GTAF were over hyping the game which is why the game was so well received by other gamers who were following other games as well.

Your point is different to what I was saying in my last comment. Read it again properly.

But in response to it anyway, I refuse to believe that it was mostly down to the fans overhyping it, not from what I saw at least anyway. Some fans obviously did, but for most part I really do believe Rockstar overhyped the game, just a bit too much for their own good - only because it did not meet so many people's expectations. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Ah yes sorry my bad.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

But people's expectations were the cause of the hype. How many times does this need to be said?

R* released a trailer. People went mental and decided things were in the game. They weren't. People were sad. That's not R*s fault. 

I'm not dickriding here, by the way, just calling it like I saw it at the time. 

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

http://gtaforums.com...-by-news-media/

Now tell me the fans don't overhype.

/thread

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

But people's expectations were the cause of the hype. How many times does this need to be said?

R* released a trailer. People went mental and decided things were in the game. They weren't. People were sad. That's not R*s fault. 

This

Like Franklin's trailer. Did it lie about something? You were shown what you would get.  Some people made them self believe that gangs will be a big part of it. Blame yourself.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Not this sh*t again.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

it was worth 5 years... but it would have been worth a lot more in 5 years and a couple more months.

so much potential wasted on packaging it for 360. greedy f*cks.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by Official General, 16 December 2013 - 06:56 PM.

Nah, sorry mate, I still disagree. I still believe it was a mixture of both, but more on Rockstar's side. 

But in any case, it makes no difference as to whether it was overhyped or not. The bottom line is that GTA V did not meet many GTA fans's expectations, and it has drawn quite a considerable amount of criticism for what has been considered significant flaws (at least from what I see on here at snapshot). One cannot say this was entirely down to an individual overhyping it. You and the rest are just assuming that as a fact, and whether you are right or wrong is another matter, but the main point is that you are still making assumptions my friend. There is no point in trying heap all the blame on fans for overhyping themselves, because you will never really know why many were disappointed with V, unless each individual who feels that way gave you a detailed, and thorough explanation why. Which will never happen. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 16 December 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Read back a little and see how much stuff is cut from the final game, based on what article writers told we were able to do. If R* didn't want to overhype this game, then they'd have told them what not to include in their writings.

Care to list what was not in the game that journalists said were in the game?

And lol @ your "They most likely paid for reviews". Ok buddy, whatever you wanna believe. You realize how ridiculously stupid it would be to pay for reviews, right? How risky and not worth it it is?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Not this sh*t again.

Not this sh*t again.

Hey, maybe the Forum admin can make a script, that automatically generates the first reply to any new post, "Not this sh*t again."  It would save you a lot of time.  :p

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Overhyped?

Rockstar told us the good things. They didn't tell anything about almost no interiors beinga accessible, not being able to choose clothes directly, lack of content in singleplayer, and so forth.

• Official General likes this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

The single player was what any gta fan would want, an improvement on IV's SP

Online however....................................................................

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

This sh** was definitely overhyped, go back to the ign interviews and gta o clock videos and you will see. 

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:03 AM

This sh** was definitely overhyped, go back to the ign interviews and gta o clock videos and you will see. 

Watch out the fanboys are going to come out with BS saying that's not legit. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:05 AM Edited by Official General, 17 December 2013 - 03:07 AM.

Overhyped?

Rockstar told us the good things. They didn't tell anything about almost no interiors beinga accessible, not being able to choose clothes directly, lack of content in singleplayer, and so forth.

Indeed, you better believe that.

They certainly did not tell us that half of the story was gonna be about doing jobs for cops and the feds either, not primarily pursuing money. 

@ IGhostUlt

Something I've mentioned many times, but certain people don't wanna acknowledge it. 

killerj167
  • killerj167

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

It is annoying how the MP is not nearly as good as the single player and by the time MP is good no onewill be playing it. But the game is amazing best game on 360

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:28 AM Edited by GamerShotgun, 17 December 2013 - 03:34 AM.

Read back a little and see how much stuff is cut from the final game, based on what article writers told we were able to do. If R* didn't want to overhype this game, then they'd have told them what not to include in their writings.

And lol @ your "They most likely paid for reviews". Ok buddy, whatever you wanna believe. You realize how ridiculously stupid it would be to pay for reviews, right? How risky and not worth it it is?

Well, it's a common thing mate. Stop living in your perfect world where money isn't the key to everything.

OMFG, I'll do a list sometime and hit you up with it.. also it's funny how none of my posts before that were quoted.

I'm pretty sure though I didn't overhype the game. I was waiting for it to be released with totally realistic expectations. The only problem here is that while I was playing SP, I've noticed a lot of stuff that could've been included and seemed illogical to not implement in the first place. That's what let me down a bit about GTA V, not my "expectations".

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 17 December 2013 - 03:53 AM.

Well, it's a common thing mate. Stop living in your perfect world where money isn't the key to everything.

OMFG, I'll do a list sometime and hit you up with it.. also it's funny how none of my posts before that were quoted.

I'm pretty sure though I didn't overhype the game. I was waiting for it to be released with totally realistic expectations. The only problem here is that while I was playing SP, I've noticed a lot of stuff that could've been included and seemed illogical to not implement in the first place. That's what let me down a bit about GTA V, not my "expectations".

The only thing reviewers get is a free game to review. That's it. If a company was going to pay for a review, they'd have to pay a lot. More than what it would cost that reviewer to publicly announce that they got paid off, and make a fortune off of that story, and making that company look foolish. No company's gonna risk that, sorry. And no company is sad enough to do that. I mean, look at WarZ. They're the one company that would pay for reviews. They didn't.

Alright, I ask for a list because I'm curious. I'm not trying to berate you or anything, you said there's stuff cut from the game that was mentioned in articles and such, and I asked if you could provide a list. That's it. Nothing hostile. 

And yeah, R* definitely missed some things that should've been included in the game.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:56 AM Edited by GamerShotgun, 17 December 2013 - 03:56 AM.

The only thing reviewers get is a free game to review. That's it. If a company was going to pay for a review, they'd have to pay a lot. More than what it would cost that reviewer to publicly announce that they got paid off, and make a fortune off of that story, and making that company look foolish. No company's gonna risk that, sorry. And no company is sad enough to do that. I mean, look at WarZ. They're the one company that would pay for reviews. They didn't.

Alright, I ask for a list because I'm curious. I'm not trying to berate you or anything, you said there's stuff cut from the game that was mentioned in articles and such, and I asked if you could provide a list. That's it. Nothing hostile. 

And yeah, R* definitely missed some things that should've been included in the game.

Looking at it, my statement about reviewers getting paid might have been a little bet far fetched. That's true. About the list, one thing I remember is the possibility of entering the Von Crastenburg Hotel with Michael.

As far as I remember, it didn't even have an interior. There are others if I remember right, but I'll have to look them up.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

Looking at it, my statement about reviewers getting paid might have been a little bet far fetched. That's true. About the list, one thing I remember is the possibility of entering the Von Crastenburg Hotel with Michael.

As far as I remember, it didn't even have an interior. There are others if I remember right, but I'll have to look them up.

It's fine. A lot of people seem to think that reviewers get paid off, but once you tell them what I told you, they usually realize that they were mistaken/being too irrational.

And to be honest, I never heard anything about a "Von Crastenburg Hotel"; I'd actually be interested in reading about that.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Overhyped? Their marketing campaign was sh*te... rather than include fans and the media in the process, they did the whole mystery thing. Like f*ck yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users