Quantcast

» «
Photo

When do you start making the real money?

32 replies to this topic
stumbows
  • stumbows

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

So far I have completed 35 of the 69 storyline missions so I am more than halfway and I am in terms of the game mad poor. I have 50k with Franklin 100K with Mike and 30k with Trev and I haven't bought any cars, boats, bikes, property or anything really at all. What the hell is going on? I really expected to be making some cash by now and I've got the sh*ts cause I wanna buy some cool stuff but can't afford it.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

What the F did you blow 70K with Trevor on?

stumbows
  • stumbows

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

LOL actually I bought the airstrip with him but that's the only asset I have bought in the entire game.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by Poker2012chu, 20 September 2013 - 03:37 AM.

It's not until the last major heists you start getting cuts of over 100k. The bank robbery in Paleto (4th heist) is the first heist after the jewelry store robbery that you start pulling in cash, but even then it's only about 400 - 600k per person. The last heist should give you the most money. The trick to get money in this game is to do side missions and play with the stock market.

There is an exploit that can earn you 2 - over 5 million per hour depending on how well you can swim in the game, the amount of cash, and how fast you can switch characters. What you do is grab the small boat near the southwestern most corner of the docks, and drive it to a place that's near underwater wrecked ruins with treasure. You dive down (you leave the boat with scuba gear, so don't drive a car then swim out) and collect the cash (it's shiny, so you can't miss it). The second you collect, switch characters. Once you switch, immediately switch back, and you'll be over the cash. It respawns, so you collect it again. Rinse and repeat as desired. I should note that you'll have to float back to the cash because you'll slowly drift away. The scuba gear will keep you from drowning, so you don't have to waste time going back up to the surface. Here's a link:

http://attackofthefa...d-theft-auto-v/

There are multiple locations; the link I'm giving you has a treasure worth 12k, but there's one worth 25k west of what you would make out to be the northwestern corner of Los Santos city area and due south of the magnifying glass-like icon northwest of Los Santos and Vespucci. You can find a video of that treasure from a post on one of Deffpony's threads that address money exploits; it was posted earlier today.

CJ_Banshee
  • CJ_Banshee

KCCO

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

I did the first heist of the jewelery store and got $900k with michael and 240 with Franklin?

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

So how much you make in a heist if you go with a cheap crew? Is there a big difference in profit?I will be doing my fist heist and chose all of the cheaper crew members. Im expecting a hard difficulty but that's not a problem unless I don't get paid as much.

CJ_Banshee
  • CJ_Banshee

KCCO

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

So how much you make in a heist if you go with a cheap crew? Is there a big difference in profit?I will be doing my fist heist and chose all of the cheaper crew members. Im expecting a hard difficulty but that's not a problem unless I don't get paid as much.

I chose all the cheap ones, except the person who gives you more time. That way you can take all the loot and make the most profit.

• zainzombie likes this

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

I did the first heist of the jewelery store and got $900k with michael and 240 with Franklin?

Haha, lucky, I skimped on the arms dealer guy for that mission (he had over 1 million out of the 3.8 million stolen), and he died on the mission. Michael only got 85k, and Franklin only got 30k. I didn't get any larger amounts of money until the Paleto bank robbery, which gave me only about 440k per player.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:46 AM Edited by SmC12, 20 September 2013 - 03:47 AM.

Same here, I've only done the first heist and with Michael I still have about $800k, and $200k with Franklin. There are variables though, like the crew, how much you could take, if people died, and other expenses or loses which could be different for each person. Maybe you are just performing badly in the heists? I don't see how I could have almost $1mil as Michael in the first few missions and you don't after 35.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

I have 1M with Michael and I'm at around the same point.

I think you may have lost some money on that first heist.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Yup, I got the cheaper guy, and he ended up losing nearly a 3rd of the money that was stolen during the getaway. I guess it pays to not cut corners.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

I chose all the cheap ones, except the person who gives you more time. That way you can take all the loot and make the most profit.

Ah... but I went with the hacker that Michael meets at lifeinvader, with Michael acknowledging him, I think he will do good. Let's see.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Yup, I got the cheaper guy, and he ended up losing nearly a 3rd of the money that was stolen during the getaway. I guess it pays to not cut corners.

I went with the cheap driver too. Maybe I just got lucky.

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

When I did the Life Invader, I didn't know about the stock market then. Can I go back and redo that mission and invest in Life Invader now and score $$$?

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

When I did the Life Invader, I didn't know about the stock market then. Can I go back and redo that mission and invest in Life Invader now and score $$$?

No, DO NOT invest in Life Invader at any time. That stock never recovers after the mission, and you better sell any shares you have with them before that mission.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

No, DO NOT invest in Life Invader at any time. That stock never recovers after the mission, and you better sell any shares you have with them before that mission.

Wrong, what you want to do is buy up all the share you possibly can. Then, while sitting on your couch ready to call teh guy on tv to .... you know. You sell all your shares before you call him. The press conference causes the shares to go way up, you sell. After that they all go way down.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

Wrong, what you want to do is buy up all the share you possibly can. Then, while sitting on your couch ready to call teh guy on tv to .... you know. You sell all your shares before you call him. The press conference causes the shares to go way up, you sell. After that they all go way down.

Well, since I'm way past that point, I guess it's too late for that. I didn't know they spiked like that, but it's not like you would have that much capital to invest with at that point in time in the game to begin with. Thanks for the info!

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

It helps, and the more you have the more you get each time you invest. I do a lot of assassination missions with Franklin and everytime I do, I listen to what L says. Then I kill myself and don't choose retry mission. Then I have all 3 characters dump all their money into that stock. Have Franklin go and do the mission and then I sell everything.

PARISHlLTON
  • PARISHlLTON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Literally the last heist mate. Second last mission

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

What about it?

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Money is my huge issue with this game.

Seriously; $150,000 for the towing dealership and you get $500 for every car YOU tow.
JUST TO MAKE YOUR MONEY BACK, you need to tow 300 cars at that rate.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

What about it?

Sorry for double post.

The last heist is where you literally make ~90%+ of the money you'll get from the entire storyline/sidemissions.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

I got $10 for collecting 30 submarine pieces from the bottom of the ocean. I remember when GTA awarded you for finding things.. The last heist pays you around 18 million.

StandandDeliver
  • StandandDeliver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Seriously; $150,000 for the towing dealership and you get $500 for every car YOU tow.

I agree. It seems to me that outside the heists and the stock market there's very few opportunities to make huge amounts, and if you play the game casually, without reading forums and guides, you can get yourself into a situation where you might aswell start again. It might be realistic, but is it good for gameplay?

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

So far I have completed 35 of the 69 storyline missions so I am more than halfway and I am in terms of the game mad poor. I have 50k with Franklin 100K with Mike and 30k with Trev and I haven't bought any cars, boats, bikes, property or anything really at all. What the hell is going on? I really expected to be making some cash by now and I've got the sh*ts cause I wanna buy some cool stuff but can't afford it.

The only people making real money off of this are Rockstar shareholders.

• Poker2012chu likes this

TjCase85
  • TjCase85

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Assassination missions! Listen to the cut scene and invest stocks before the assassination and you'll make good money!

sufferblind86
  • sufferblind86

Exploring Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by sufferblind86, 20 September 2013 - 11:47 PM.

I got $10 for collecting 30 submarine pieces from the bottom of the ocean. I remember when GTA awarded you for finding things.. The last heist pays you around 18 million.

Is that 18 million per character, or total?

PARISHlLTON
  • PARISHlLTON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

i got around 25 or 29 million per character.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Same! 

stindell
  • stindell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:14 AM Edited by stindell, 21 September 2013 - 05:16 AM.

Yeah this is absolute bullsh*t. In fact if you divide the cost of the business by the income given per week, almost ALL OF THE BUSINESSES require 100 weeks of in-game time before you even GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Completely insane. That's like 300 hours of game time just to see your millions again.

Those same 300 hours invested into Bawsaq would probably see much more substantial returns.

Edit: And some of the businesses have ratios of 300 or 500. For the $150,000,000 golf course it will take 526 WEEKS of in game time before you even break even...

GTA Online had better have substantially more money making opportunities if everyone is going to be able to get that achievement for spending $120 million. Maybe it is supposed to be tough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users