» «
Photo

Ehh...Triathlon!

27 replies to this topic
aquatko
  • aquatko

Hello

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by aquatko, 20 September 2013 - 01:01 AM.

Hi all guys. I have a question about triathlon. 

How. To. Pedal. Fast? The thing is that on third triathlon, I tap the button as fast as I can, but player's bike is slower than first and second one. Bots could do an insane acceleration, but I can't. I have stamina and strength fully upgraded, by the way. 

Cheers, Viktor.

P.S. Look at social club leaderboard. There is a guy (FM11-91ITA) who is faster than others on 10-15 seconds. How so fast? :(

Kaizer_Solsay
  • Kaizer_Solsay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:18 AM Edited by Kaizer_Solsay, 21 September 2013 - 06:18 AM.

Hey, I was just wondering the same thing as I was doing the bike portion. Not sure if you were doing this but did you try holding the left stick up which makes Franklin stand up and pedal? There were still 2 guys that would stay pretty close to me but when I wasn't holding forward one guy was looking unbeatable. Hope that helps you some

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

You have to get the characters strength up higher tennis helps

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Are those mandatory or can you skip this useless thing? Just like yoga, races and stuff. Do I need to do them?

aquatko
  • aquatko

Hello

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by aquatko, 21 September 2013 - 01:50 PM.

You have to get the characters strength up higher tennis helps

Yeah,yeah, but, as I had already said:

I have stamina and strength fully upgraded

@Kaizer_Solsay

Thank you man, would try that!

• bigburst likes this

Jizzbone
  • Jizzbone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

I had strength and stamina up all the way for Franklin as well. The bots seemed to boost ahead of me a couple times, but eventually I would get past them at the end of the biking portion/beginning of the foot race.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

If you hold RB/R1 you go into a forward leaning position on the bike (effectively the same as pressing forward on a motorcycle) so you are more "aerodynamic". You could try that one out. But it's usually like that, you are far behind in the swimming part, get to a better position in the bike part and then close to the running part you take over everyone (they are always so slow when switching from bike to foot).

I was almost done with the last triathlon (INSANE triathlon, takes you through like 2/3 of the map??? 

Spoiler
) until I hit right on the dpad by accident and quit the triathlon (I was first almost reached the running part...)

Recept
  • Recept

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Almost reached the running part, accidentally ran into a supporter on the sideline, BAM - disqualified. That was 25 minutes wasted on nothing. 

aquatko
  • aquatko

Hello

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

until I hit right on the dpad by accident and quit the triathlon (I was first almost reached the running part...)

Whoaaa, did that too :(

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

I have 100 stamina.

The stamina bar never drains.

gamergirltherobot
  • gamergirltherobot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

How many triathalons does this game have?

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

It doesn't matter how far the bots leave you, they will always slow down near the end.

I literally had the 1st place bot leave me in the dust last night while doing the Cross Country Triathlon by at least 7 checkpoints. When we got to the end of the bike portion of the race it waited for me at the finish line / beginning of the foot race portion.

How many triathalons does this game have?

PsuPepperoni
  • PsuPepperoni

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

It doesn't matter how far the bots leave you, they will always slow down near the end.

I literally had the 1st place bot leave me in the dust last night while doing the Cross Country Triathlon by at least 7 checkpoints. When we got to the end of the bike portion of the race it waited for me at the finish line / beginning of the foot race portion.

lol yeah  I thought I was screwed.  He took off at about twice my speed and dissappeared over the horizon, off the map, while the rest of the pack stayed with me.  Then when I started running, he was about 20 feet away walking :lol:

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

until I hit right on the dpad by accident and quit the triathlon (I was first almost reached the running part...)

Whoaaa, did that too :(

Same here, 22 minutes in... *sigh*

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

That long triathlon was utter BS.  I think it took me 28 minutes to finish it.  That was extremely boring... 8 minutes of swimming...

eg mik3
  • eg mik3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Wtf!!!! 23minutes in and I hit a pedestrian with the bike....failed. What a sh*tty side mission.

Xayias
  • Xayias

Twitter @ItsThatJeremyC

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

Once you get into Los Santos and if you are near the front there are plenty of street corners you can cut that will get you ahead of the game easily!

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

I hold R! and push forward of the stick while tapping X worked for me, but I also rammed any bastard trying to pass me making them eat the pavement in the process. 

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

If you hold RB/R1 you go into a forward leaning position on the bike (effectively the same as pressing forward on a motorcycle) so you are more "aerodynamic". You could try that one out. But it's usually like that, you are far behind in the swimming part, get to a better position in the bike part and then close to the running part you take over everyone (they are always so slow when switching from bike to foot).

I was almost done with the last triathlon (INSANE triathlon, takes you through like 2/3 of the map??? 

Spoiler
) until I hit right on the dpad by accident and quit the triathlon (I was first almost reached the running part...)

I did same sh*t last week and was 20+ mins in I said f*ck Tht triathlon

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

Worst mission I've ever played, in any game. Tap X as fast as you can, for half an hour, seriously where is the fun in that? absolutely no skill involved, I don't think it is possible to not win the race, unless of course you get disqualified. It is fixed so that you always win no matter how slow you do it. My time was 27:40 and the guy who finished behind me caugh up a little at the end of the run (maybe 10 seconds behind), yet there are people who took well over 30 minutes in their game and still came 1st? lol

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

It's called rubber-banding, all the races in the game have this.

• wallpaper42 likes this

BluebirdCCFC
  • BluebirdCCFC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Do these triathlons count towards the 20 blue side missions?

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

I had strength and stamina up all the way for Franklin as well. The bots seemed to boost ahead of me a couple times, but eventually I would get past them at the end of the biking portion/beginning of the foot race.

If no rubber banding was present, the triathlons would be even harsher than they are.

Are those mandatory or can you skip this useless thing? Just like yoga, races and stuff. Do I need to do them?

They're not part of the story, if that's what you're asking.

Do these triathlons count towards the 20 blue side missions?

Yes, towards the Hobbies and Pastimes.

Eleven1181
  • Eleven1181

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm doing it now 15 mins in and my thumb is killing me hope I don't kill my X button on this mission

Juzzy.jt
  • Juzzy.jt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:25 PM Edited by Juzzy.jt, 26 September 2013 - 01:25 PM.

I don't understand why R* didn't make the running

Thumbstick slight forward: walk
Thumbstick full: run
Thumbstick full & press X/A: sprint

Saves your thumbs that way, no need to mash.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Spoiler

lol That is exactly what happened to me. I was on the beach with the bike and hit right to turn off my bike's light... I was almost relieved that all the torturous tapping was over.

bigburst
  • bigburst

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Almost reached the running part, accidentally ran into a supporter on the sideline, BAM - disqualified. That was 25 minutes wasted on nothing. 

lol

Tonesta
  • Tonesta

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Well on the third triathlon - being a complete idiot - whilst in the lead and trying to stay that way, I managed to miss the penultimate checkpoint and had to go back for it.

Dropped to 4th and didn't get the H&P achievement. After half a frickin' hour!

Haven't had the energy to try again since......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users