Quantcast

» «
Photo

i love car customization but i think it's missing things

38 replies to this topic

Poll: customization (62 member(s) have cast votes)

did you want more customization than what the game had?

1. yes (50 votes [80.65%])

Percentage of vote: 80.65%

2. no (12 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

car customization in this game alone makes it one of the best games i have ever played i spent hours finding vehicles and customizing them

however i think it should have been more advanced i was very sure you could take any truck or suv lift it and give it bigger tires turns out you can't the only lifted truck in the game is lifted by default

what i would want is to be able to turn a regular truck into a full fledged monstertruck and i mean ALL of the trucks available in the game

i'd also love to be able to lift any vehicle i choose and give it big offroad tires aswell

i also missed decals like flames and hydraulics even nitro (seriously why was nitro removed?)

i also missed neon lights

the car customization is amazing but i think it could have been better it feels incomplete

many vehicles don't even have visual customization apart from tires and window tint

i also wanted to be able to customize trucks like the phantom for examble with extra parts sleeper and other things

there was alot of things missing in my opinion

Ermac
  • Ermac

Presented in SpittaVision®

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

It deeply saddens me that I can't modify Caddies.

I find it odd that you can't add hydraulics or nitro either. I haven't done much car customization because of the glitchyness of the garages though.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Customization was a bit hyped up. Many previews said it was on the level of MC:LA but in actuality its a few steps below. I mean certain cars you can't even customize their aftermarket parts, you can't increase top speed no matter what, and no nitrous?

With all of that said it is still good as I didn't even think customization would make it into GTA V. :)

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:00 AM Edited by zzcool, 20 September 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Customization was a bit hyped up. Many previews said it was on the level of MC:LA but in actuality its a few steps below. I mean certain cars you can't even customize their aftermarket parts, you can't increase top speed no matter what, and no nitrous?

With all of that said it is still good as I didn't even think customization would make it into GTA V. :)

yeah it is but it is very much on par to customization in iv

many don't know it but car customization was in iv the game just didn't let you do the customization yourself parts wouild randomely appear on cars

mods really took advantage of this as several modded cars came with up to 10 different custom parts to be able to tune a normal car into something else

i don't think it's much different in v only difference is you can tune the cars the engine sound changed but thats about it

here is a scene from iv with my vehicle pack

http://www.youtube.c...s1d7Ibk8CA#t=77

as you can see the blista is fully customizable

iv had customization it just didn't let you control it it was randomely controlled by the game

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:06 AM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 20 September 2013 - 07:06 AM.

I never upgrade suspension because it makes handling less fun.

MalibuClub
  • MalibuClub

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

I would like to customize Feltzer to original IV look.. but I guess not possible.

The Sullinator
  • The Sullinator

Founder of LRMC Motorcycle Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

It honestly wasn't even that more advanced than what SA was besides things like armor, bullet proof tires, those things. 

It would have been cool if you could customize cop cars and stuff. Or maybe add guns to the cars? Things like that. 

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Overall customization is good but I expected much more.

I'm especially disappointed in tattoo and haircut/beard selection.There is just way to few.

Clothes however are plenty.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Some of the coolest dune buggys aren't customizable outside of engine tweaks. The best customiation experience I've had so far was with Travors Truck, deciding on all the extra bits 90% of the other cars don't get.

DIGGOO
  • DIGGOO

лол

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

I wanted the nitrous from Tbogt :(
The whistle, the acceleration, the flames, they were perfect

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

I hate nitro.
Yeah most cars are missing parts and most parts dont even change much :/

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I want lowriders with hydraulics! Why did they leave it out???

also there is a lot to modify on the cars but at the end the appearance of the car stays quite the same

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

what did they spend 5 years doing?

i reallllly want to know how this game took so long

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

It deeply saddens me that we can't modify buses, pimp them or war-proof them, I wanted to modify buses.

I would literally be willing to pay for modifiable bus DLC.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:17 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 20 September 2013 - 09:18 AM.

And still Rockstar have downgrades from GTA:SA. When they'll add all GTA:SA features + GTA IV physics / driving mechanics? I hope in GTA VI, but who knows, this GTA V is arcade as hell.

The people who vote "no" are just trolls or retards. Why the hell somebody would vote no? More features is always better...

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

And still Rockstar have downgrades from GTA:SA. When they'll add all GTA:SA features + GTA IV physics / driving mechanics? I hope in GTA VI, but who knows, this GTA V is arcade as hell.

Says the guy who has never played it in his life and is solely basing his opinion based on a few other people's views (Not even the majority) ...Because that always leads to good things.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:20 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 20 September 2013 - 09:22 AM.

Says the guy who has never played it in his life and is solely basing his opinion based on a few other people's views (Not even the majority) ...Because that always leads to good things.

Based on a few other people's view? Hehe funny guy... not. I have been following GTA V since 2011 and I have seen tons of gameplay, reviews, interviews with Rockstar, etc.

Am I wrong? If so explain why.

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

They also need to fix the car ownership system, it's broken as f*ck at the moment.

I don't even feel like customizing anything besides the default cars at the moment because cars will just randomly disappear or turn into other cars, never to be seen again.

Lost 2-3 cars from each protagonist before saying f*ck it.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you give no explanation as to why you're right, you're not even forming your own opinion, you're just watching sh*t. That's like saying hiking is easy because you can easily watch videos of it on Youtube.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by zzcool, 20 September 2013 - 09:25 AM.

It deeply saddens me that we can't modify buses, pimp them or war-proof them, I wanted to modify buses.

i'd be willing to pay full price the price of the entire game for full fledged customization on all vehicles in depth visual customization giving trucks flames customizing their trailers changing chrome details

make a genuine lowrider with hydraulics nitrous paintjobs

i was looking forward to customizing alot of cars like the offroad buggy and the bandit type of vehicles none were customizable

this is what i wanted to do out of a regular ordinary truck

0905mt_18_z+2008_slamfest_12th_annual_cu

or turning trevors truck into something like this

1003trweb_002%2B2010_blooddrag_custom_tr

what dosn't make sense is that the patriot is not customizable yet you see it with different parts in traffic like iv did but you can't add them yourself

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 20 September 2013 - 09:25 AM.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you give no explanation as to why you're right, you're not even forming your own opinion, you're just watching sh*t. That's like saying hiking is easy because you can easily watch videos of it on Youtube.

I don't need to play the game to know it... It's already explained why this game doesn't have GTA:SA features and why this game doesn't have decent physics, vehicle handling and damage like GTA IV. It's a fact, and I don't need to play it to know the features, physics and almost 99% of the game.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

I don't need to play the game to know it... It's already explained why this game doesn't have GTA:SA features and why this game doesn't have decent physics, vehicle handling and damage like GTA IV. It's a fact, and I don't need to play it to know the features, physics and almost 99% of the game.

And that kids, is how Hitler got his army of Nazis.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:28 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 20 September 2013 - 09:29 AM.

What's the difference to see full gameplay of GTA V with all features, reviews, interviews...? Oh yea, I'm not using the controller myself. Wow, that makes so much difference...

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

i'd be willing to pay full price the price of the entire game for full fledged customization on all vehicles in depth visual customization giving trucks flames customizing their trailers changing chrome details

i was looking forward to customizing alot of cars like the offroad buggy and the bandit type of vehicles none were customizable

what dosn't make sense is that the patriot is not customizable yet you see it with different parts in traffic like iv did but you can't add them yourself

I found a rig like that on the beach next to a Sprunk ramp. Not as tall as those, but you can still monster truck over the lower sports cars with it.

It does no damage to the cars though, so you just drive over the cars and the nps take off like it was a normal crash with just their front/back windows broken.

:(

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

What's the difference to see full gameplay of GTA V with all features, reviews, interviews...? Oh yea, I'm not using the controller myself. Wow, that makes so much difference...

What's the difference between being a murder victim and watching someone commit a murder? Oh yea, I get to feel the bullet myself. Wow, that makes so much difference.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

What's the difference between being a murder victim and watching someone commit a murder? Oh yea, I get to feel the bullet myself. Wow, that makes so much difference.

What an accurate comparison ! Mate, give up, you know you are wrong...

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

I found a rig like that on the beach next to a Sprunk ramp. Not as tall as those, but you can still monster truck over the lower sports cars with it.

It does no damage to the cars though, so you just drive over the cars and the nps take off like it was a normal crash with just their front/back windows broken.

:(

thats what i mean by theres a truck lifted by default

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Keep hating on something you'v never tried, one day 90% of these forums will stop yelling at you (Not you in specific).

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Keep hating on something you'v never tried, one day 90% of these forums will stop yelling at you (Not you in specific).

Again, I'm not hating I'm discussing the game features. It seems that if you don't suck Rockstar ass here and praise every feature of it you are "hating" or "trolling". Best forum community ever...

Also again, It doesn't matter if I didn't use the controller myself, it's the same. If you can't analyze a game it's okay, but other people can.

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Lowriders with no hydraulics! Only thing I think is missin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users