Quantcast

» «
Photo

Let's control BAWSAQ. This forum. Let's do it.

148 replies to this topic
iReadManuals
  • iReadManuals

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:18 AM Edited by iReadManuals, 25 September 2013 - 12:19 AM.

OP, I am not trying to sound rude, but do you really believe people will instantly start using the stock right away once online is released?

Yes, and there are more than a few of us that believe it's already being used. Check out the live stock ticker on the SocialClub website. There are multiple threads started with hundreds of replies based on stock tips already, so do you honestly think they won't?

I just wish the stocks were able to be used right now. I personally don't think they are being used at the moment by anybody because the graph for ammu-nation, Whiz, Crevis, etc have not changed nor moved at all. 

Hmm, the website itself says it went up a value of 1.31 a share in the past 24 hours. I think the movement is limited because the majority of people playing now have found their rhythm and aren't doing a lot with the shares comparative to when the game first came out. If my second theory is correct, it could mean the same is true about how many people are purchasing from Ammunation. 

Can you tell me exactly where it says that? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to see, hence my curiosity. I have purchased many shares from 3 stocks, and they haven't gone up a cent :(

http://socialclub.ro...mes/gtav/bawsaq Bam! There you go bud. Are you connected to either Xbox Live of PSN when you have invested, or checked? Or are you part of the social club?

Yeah that's where I've been looking. for example, the current market value has been stuck at 0.04% for the past couple of days, and ammu-nation has been frozen at $700.36 and up 1.17%

But I invested in the stocks while playing on Xbox LIVE. 

I'm not sure. I've made a profit in game, however I do admit to not actually focusing on the price as much as the movement, so for all I know it could have been the same for me for the past few days. Either way, I know the SocialClub and BAWSAQ have both been pretty spotty recently, I imagine there is just a huge overload of traffic. 

And with that said, I still think it's most definitely worth it to try out my experiment. Whaddya say?

Definitely will once online is released.

For now in campaign, I am just going to invest in the other market besides Bawsaq; I forgot what it was called, but I believe that one is running smoothly and people are earning a lot of money from that one. But I think your plan will work, since Bawsaq might be working much better once online is released

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Definitely will once online is released.

For now in campaign, I am just going to invest in the other market besides Bawsaq; I forgot what it was called, but I believe that one is running smoothly and people are earning a lot of money from that one. But I think your plan will work, since Bawsaq might be working much better once online is released

Understood, but if you change your mind, let me know;)

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

wtf is bawlsaq?

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

wtf is bawlsaq?

Adorable question, my good man.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

I just read through the plan, I like it. It sounds like a good solid plan, we just have to do alot of experimenting in the first couple of weeks to see what works and what it useless. People who have tons of cash could do the "buying up supplies (not stocks)" part, to see if it raises the stocks, where as the less paid people could go around and causing as much damage, or other efforts into making the stocks rise.

If everyone would know their place, we could make a good, solid, working, team.

I also think Rockstar didn't fully anticipate on something like this happening, but I also think would enjoy the idea of it.

We could make this work, if all the sane and normal people put in their work just like the rest of us, we can all profit.

I'm on a PS3, even though I also own a Xbox 360, just not with GTA on it.

HossoAwesome
  • HossoAwesome

hardcore fan

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

Sound very awesome and a lot of fun and I'd love to participate but unfortunately i cant sice im waiting for pc version :( Id love to help with marketing organizing or any other form of help.. Feel free to contact me whenever. Hope you all the best of luck

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by SileightyCyrus, 25 September 2013 - 09:17 PM.

I just read through the plan, I like it. It sounds like a good solid plan, we just have to do alot of experimenting in the first couple of weeks to see what works and what it useless. People who have tons of cash could do the "buying up supplies (not stocks)" part, to see if it raises the stocks, where as the less paid people could go around and causing as much damage, or other efforts into making the stocks rise.

If everyone would know their place, we could make a good, solid, working, team.

I also think Rockstar didn't fully anticipate on something like this happening, but I also think would enjoy the idea of it.

We could make this work, if all the sane and normal people put in their work just like the rest of us, we can all profit.

I'm on a PS3, even though I also own a Xbox 360, just not with GTA on it.

Thanks for the help, buddy! I'm on PS3. Am I correct in assuming we only have a limited amount of Private Conversations we can start in a day?

Sound very awesome and a lot of fun and I'd love to participate but unfortunately i cant sice im waiting for pc version :( Id love to help with marketing organizing or any other form of help.. Feel free to contact me whenever. Hope you all the best of luck

I've started an FB group. Besides that, do you think I should start a new thread with a title more indicative of the fact that I have a plan?

Edit: I'm an dumb. Here's the link to the FB Group: https://www.facebook...89406874457127/

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Can someone please explain to me what does stocks mean ? I can't use BAWSAQ cause I don't know what stocks means 

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Can someone please explain to me what does stocks mean ? I can't use BAWSAQ cause I don't know what stocks means 

Stocks work like this. (I'm not too sure myself)

You buy shares of a company for a price. Lets say "Generic Company A" They sell stocks for 100 dollars a share right now.

You buy 5 shares, meaning you spent 500 dollars worth.

You wait, eventually the stock prices go up, and down, over time.

You wait for an opprotunity, lets say their stock prices go up to 200 dollars a share. You sell your five shares.

You bought the shares for 100 dollars each, but since the prices went up later, you sell them for 200 dollars each! This means you make 1000 dollars, basicly a 500 dollar profit.

In other words, buy low, sell high.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

You buy shares of a company for a price. Lets say "Generic Company A" They sell stocks for 100 dollars a share right now.

You wait for an opprotunity, lets say their stock prices go up to 200 dollars a share. You sell your five shares.

You bought the shares for 100 dollars each, but since the prices went up later, you sell them for 200 dollars each! This means you make 1000 dollars, basicly a 500 dollar profit.

Thanks for explaining 

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Yessir! One thing that affects stock prices are the amount of people buying the stock, as well as the condition of the business and the public perception. My two part experiment deals in both a sudden mass purchase of thousands of shares of stocks, and secondly purchasing from a company who's stock we can invest in. 

If we are able to make the prices rise, even a small amount, in a specific time period, that means we will then have proof of two definite ways that, as a crowd, we can increase prices - so we could then strategically invest and then control the price of shares, enabling us to reap the benefits. 

alexkfr
  • alexkfr

Niko Belic

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

I'm in,  pS3

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Bawsaq is gtas version of the real life Nasdaq... Cleverly named to also be read as "ball sack" not sure if anyone noticed that.

Yeah, I think we noticed in GTAIV :)

OP, I'm pretty sure stocks are going to be linked to Online activity. We already know you can manipulate share prices in real-time in the game in various ways, I'm not sure that a few thousand people on a forum will make much difference, even if you could organise them.

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Bawsaq is gtas version of the real life Nasdaq... Cleverly named to also be read as "ball sack" not sure if anyone noticed that.

Yeah, I think we noticed in GTAIV :)

OP, I'm pretty sure stocks are going to be linked to Online activity. We already know you can manipulate share prices in real-time in the game in various ways, I'm not sure that a few thousand people on a forum will make much difference, even if you could organise them.

I haven't failed to convince someone otherwise since this started, so here we go again: I think that even 100 people could make a difference. People all have different reasons to buy specific shares and invest in specific companies, but I can't find another group anywhere that has created a focused, timed "attack" on a specific, low performing stock. The filter goes by hour, so if we can get everyone to dedicate investing as much as possible in a single stock for a full hour, as much as they possibly can, we can then look back at that specific hour of time on the graph and if there is ANY noticeable increase at the specific time, then it would pretty much solidify the fact that the stocks were changed by our actions. At which point I will make some kind of sensationalist post and use my powers of marketing to get a much larger group of people, open to anyone that is willing to follow the method, and we can go from there, essentially making it so that anyone willing to contribute to the cause can then benefit from it.

Secondary and tertiary plans are detailed in the first post. Does that sound more reasonable?

HossoAwesome
  • HossoAwesome

hardcore fan

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

bump

• SileightyCyrus likes this

THUNDER-TRUMP
  • THUNDER-TRUMP

Black Country Crew - Sole Member

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Im on ps3.
And erm, means you put it that way........im iiin.

DSilbs
  • DSilbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

Im in. DSilbs on 360. Who do we talk to about coordinating with people on the 360 side. Did anyone notice the ammu nation stocks drop 20 bucks a share tonight... seems odd.

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Im in. DSilbs on 360. Who do we talk to about coordinating with people on the 360 side. Did anyone notice the ammu nation stocks drop 20 bucks a share tonight... seems odd.

I have created a Facebook group - here you go: https://www.facebook...89406874457127/ I'll be simply creating separate posts for PS3 and for Xbox, and having you folks reply with your gamertag - but it can pretty much just be organized via the group. I wonder if it is timed with a large number of people finding the opposing company's website, and subsequently purchasing....

Im on ps3.
And erm, means you put it that way........im iiin.

See my above reply, please.

bump

Thanks for this, join our FB page.

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Sorry I kind of stole your idea (I didn't mean to, and am just now reading this thread).

Hopefully the info we get from the PIS plan will validate some of the theories (of course invalidating them is great too as it will allow us a better understanding of the market).

For now if you could please support my rally to buy up PIS and maybe even spam the news wire to get more users on board that would be great. We really need a huge push to see how far we can swing this.

Buy PIS!
  • blakeney likes this

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Sorry I kind of stole your idea (I didn't mean to, and am just now reading this thread).

Hopefully the info we get from the PIS plan will validate some of the theories (of course invalidating them is great too as it will allow us a better understanding of the market).

For now if you could please support my rally to buy up PIS and maybe even spam the news wire to get more users on board that would be great. We really need a huge push to see how far we can swing this.

Buy PIS!

Not at all man, your idea may just garner more interest for mine, as my plan goes a little bit further, and you can kind of already test out my idea. I was hoping you wouldn't mind trying to share my agenda when your experiment is over, so we can get a group of people who already have the mindset we need.

I will go ahead and start buying PIS!

Arcadiax
  • Arcadiax

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

At the moment WE do not actually control BAWSAQ. It is controlled by online characters only. The fluctuation happening atm could either be due to closed beta testers, or natural fluctuation. Either way we'd have to wait for online to do this.

I'm definitely in though, sounds good. Kinda monopolistic, but hey, that's what GTA is all about, corruption :p

WillyB211
  • WillyB211

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

I don't have a fb :'(  and I can't get one. 

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

At the moment WE do not actually control BAWSAQ. It is controlled by online characters only. The fluctuation happening atm could either be due to closed beta testers, or natural fluctuation. Either way we'd have to wait for online to do this.

I'm definitely in though, sounds good. Kinda monopolistic, but hey, that's what GTA is all about, corruption :p

I'm still not sure, and in fact, Mr. 2405 seems to have proved it. They mentioned people around the world, not just online - and since you have to be connected to PSN or Xbox live to even see BAWSAQ, that lends credence to the idea that we are affecting it. It seems like they are just mining the data. I'm glad you're in though! Either way, my new plan is to wait until 2405's experiment is over. Go check out the growth% in game for Pisswasser. Nothing else has had anything higher than .04% growth, except Pisswasser - which is at 8.xx%, which is absolutely tremendous.

I don't have a fb :'(  and I can't get one. 

In which case, I will make sure to update this post when we finally go ahead with the plan, buddy!

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Count me in. PS3.

Strix aluco
  • Strix aluco

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

I'm in. 

But is there any data on players collectively destroying the assets of specific companies? I.e. collectively blowing up the planes of an airline company?

I'm interested in knowing whether this affects the stock price. I've tried it on my own, with bad results, but I guess a massive collective effort might make a significant impact on the stock price of the targeted company and its competitor. If Rockstar has actually implemented this function in single player mode, that is.

thebeast2391
  • thebeast2391

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

so we kinda sorta have a gta5 illuminati going to happen? we control the stocks lol

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:22 PM Edited by Causton97, 29 September 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Might I suggest you all check out my thread if you haven't already? I think you'll find it meets your needs.

http://gtaforums.com...er-trading-hub/

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

http://nymag.com/dai...ock-scheme.html

Congrats. We got this thread into the New York magazine.

I'm suprised

SD RydetillIDie
  • SD RydetillIDie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

I'm in for 360 as well. Which stock are you all wanting to go with for the next buyoff?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users