Quantcast

» «
Photo

Let's control BAWSAQ. This forum. Let's do it.

148 replies to this topic
SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by SileightyCyrus, 27 September 2013 - 05:34 PM.

This forum, working together, could literally control the market.

EDIT: Here is the FB page I created - https://www.facebook...89406874457127/

I imagine we are the largest group of hardcore GTA fans. If we had someone organize a poll for competing stocks, we could then decide which stocks to support, and which to sabotage. We could search through the most popular videos on Youtube and whatnot, and start to notice trends in vehicles destroyed/businesses sabotaged by the general public, and then organize our (Very large) group of players to help nudge those trends in the direction they are already going, or use our collective power to reverse that.

Am I thinking too much about this, or could this be done?

This is happening.

I NEED ALL OF YOU. Here's the gameplan. Please share this as much as possible in this forum, get friends to sign up and take part, or even instruct friends with the game to take part, but please instruct them to strictly follow all the rules, or we won't have accurate data.

1. I don't have the time at the moment to compile a list of everyone who has pledged their support, but that is step one.

2. Split the list into Xbox and Ps3 lists.

3. Find the lowest performing stock. There are a few different ways to look at this, whether the biggest negative movement, negative dollar amount, or simply lowest price. I'd like suggestions here. We may need to select different stocks per console, as they are separate markets.

4. Find the lowest performing stock that has a product you can purchase in game. I don't have access to the game at the moment since I'm at work, but an example would be Ponsonby's. Each console would select individually - see above.

5. Does anyone have access to the game right now?  This step depends on how it's displayed in game. If the graph is the same in game as it is online, we have a full 24 hour window, however if it is filtered by hour in game, that would be much better. This step depends on that aspect, as it will tell us whether we need to focus on buying for an hour, or for a full day as much as we possibly can.

6. Before the "attacks" we decide individually how much we want to spend on the first attack. 

a. The first attack will be just purchasing as many shares as we possibly can during the predetermined time, and ensuring that as a group, we purchase absolutely NO MORE of that same stock after the given time. If the stock price increases noticeably during this time and then drops as represented on the graph, then we have proof that purchasing mass amounts of stocks in a company will raise the prices. We can absolutely use that to control what costs what, and to make billions.

b. The second attack will be much more complicated. This second attack is an experiment to see if simply purchasing from a business will increase the price. Our friend FXTrader pointed out that in real life, the revenue generated by a business in no way directly affects stock prices, it's my belief that in real life news would spread of the good fortunes of a company, which would raise the price of the shares. I am theorizing that in GTA V, Rockstar simulates that idea by artificially increasing the prices of the shares in response to a business doing very well. The hardest part will be choosing a low performing stock from a company that has a product to sell - where it gets tricky is the fact that the potential for spending may be finite with some businesses. Ammunation, for instance, only has a limited amount of guns you can buy, and your ammo is most likely limited (I simply don't know)  but we could get around that by using all the ammo and purchasing more. Ammunation, however, performs extremely well. Sprunk unfortunately performs very well as well, but we could buy infinite soda. Certain cars are available on the in game websites, but if we purchase cars, we would eventually run out of space. We could, in turn, possibly pull them out of the garage and then buy more, but if anyone is willing to experiment, that would help. This will be the toughest choice we have to make.

So that's how it will work. If we are successful with EITHER attack, we will then have proof that we genuinely can affect the stock market, in which case I would like to start some kind of private group, possibly Facebook, to organize all future attacks to benefit all the members. I want this to be fully all inclusive - we don't need to be too selective, as the more people we have, the more we can make - theoretically. 

Things I need help with:

- Choosing the stocks. Read above for details on choosing.

- Getting the word out! Tell everyone! If anyone knows any mods, I would love to get this pinned. I fully feel that Rockstar would LOVE for this to happen, and it can potentially help EVERYONE involved. Since we are only affecting already poor performing stocks, we can't really mess with intelligent investments - and even if we could, this game is based on CRIME.

- Any help organizing this. I have limited time with work, training and family life. Any and all help is appreciated.

To start, everyone post your console!

GO GO GO GO 

• LastKingofChi and ShinobiFixer like this

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Wtf is a bawsaq

• NADOLNY, SileightyCyrus and spongebob83 like this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

but we really don't know how this thing will work out yet. 

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

but we really don't know how this thing will work out yet. 

Absolutely - but if it truly is controlled by the collective actions of everyone playing this game and connected to SocialClub, as the largest group of players, we could dictate what stocks will rise and fall - and when. Right?

Deadantz
  • Deadantz

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by Deadantz, 19 September 2013 - 10:08 PM.

Bawsaq is gtas version of the real life Nasdaq... Cleverly named to also be read as "ball sack" not sure if anyone noticed that.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

I'm up for this!

• SileightyCyrus likes this

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

We're not even sure how or if the stocks work YET. I think we'll have to be patient till GTA online comes out. Check out this thread also: http://gtaforums.com...tion-thread-wip

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'm up for this!

I've got one! Let's hear more opinions guys. I genuinely think we could make this work.

8ean
  • 8ean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

As much of a good idea it is, it wouldn't work, there's simply too many other players and you get knobs on here undercutting for maximum moneyz.

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

How devious. Might be fun :)

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

As much of a good idea it is, it wouldn't work, there's simply too many other players and you get knobs on here undercutting for maximum moneyz.

They can't dictate how much they pay for a share, only how many shares they hold, and when. The prices, if we are correct, are affected by the actions taken by the collective play of everyone. I'm sure trends will appear based on what activities people online will like to partake in, however, as a very large group, if we got a large amount of the forum members to specifically and efficiently focus gameplay on sabotaging companies that are the rivals of companies who's stocks we hold shares in, then we can definitely control it to some extent.

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:13 PM Edited by Justin80, 19 September 2013 - 10:17 PM.

It's working now??

* might be related.. my social club has *never* worked.

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's working now??

* might be related.. my social club has *never* worked.

The only time it doesn't work for me is if I'm not logged in to the PSN. Do you mean you've never been able to log in?

iHawtiesz
  • iHawtiesz

Je m'appelle Frikadel

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Wtf is a bawsaq

give this man a trophy cause I lol'd

• NADOLNY and iReadManuals like this

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

Wtf is a bawsaq

LOL

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by SileightyCyrus, 23 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.

So you can now see the live change in BAWSAQ on the SocialClub, with this tagline:

"Watch stock prices fluctuate in real-time as buyers and sellers react to in-game activity"

This is pretty strong evidence that suggests the information is truly crowdsourced. If you filter the list of markets, you can see that the top companies are most likely the widely used/most popular businesses - for instance: considering the availability, price and general variety of style choices, Binco is most likely the most purchased from apparel business - and it's the most positively changed stock, steadily, for the past few days. 

With this said - I have the perfect experiment, and I just need a group of folks to spend a few grand with me. C'mon, we can control the market!

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by ImpotentRage, 23 September 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Even the slightest impact means a profit percentage.

I'm in,OP.

EDIT: Shouldn't you create a crew to update everyone involved on what investments/activities to pursue so that we can manipulate it?

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by SileightyCyrus, 23 September 2013 - 08:12 PM.

I'm in,OP.

Yes! Okay, well I'll let this marinate for a bit, then I will compile a list of those who have pledged their support on this forum, coordinate with my crew on the Social Club and then we can start. 

I am getting more excited about this...

EDIT: I actually already have a crew, comprised entirely of personal friends, but I would be more than happy to include anyone that would want to help out with this little experiment! We are called JaegerPilots - a tribute to Pacific Rim;)

• GtaVabs likes this

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

So would we all buy some crappy stock that's kinda low or what? All buy at the same time and sell at the same time?  Could be interesting.

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm in,OP.

Yes! Okay, well I'll let this marinate for a bit, then I will compile a list of those who have pledged their support on this forum, coordinate with my crew on the Social Club and then we can start. 

I am getting more excited about this...

Same. I think this will work. I alos think we'll see more money by manipulating areas where there's less "traffic". 

Example: If Ammunation is our target we would have a smaller impact as more players buy guns and ammo than say Sprunk cans. On the flip side, we could all buy Sprunk shares and then go on a soda machine buying spree and watch our stock skyrocket.

(Assuming this is how it works)

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

I support it

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

So would we all buy some crappy stock that's kinda low or what? All buy at the same time and sell at the same time?  Could be interesting.

Well my experiment is a two part plan. Initially we would select a stock that doesn't have a lot of organic growth, then:

A: Select a company we can purchase from, then spend as much money as we possibly could simultaneously.

B: If that makes no difference, we then invest as much as possibly simultaneously.

If we don't have enough people, then on a global basis there is no way it will work, however, if we DO, and we notice even a SLIGHT change that coincides with the huge push, then it will prove my point, and we can then get many, many more people on board, and then literally control the market.

• WillyB211 likes this

IAmMars
  • IAmMars

Be Genetically Different!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I approve this.

IAmMars
  • IAmMars

Be Genetically Different!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hey Cousin! Want to go bowling?

DEFR0B0T
  • DEFR0B0T

I'm back bitches

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

One major flaw in your plan there are several million people playing GTA V several dozen people are not going to affect the stock in the slightest unless they do something for hours on end. 

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

I'm down. I'm just afraid this forum has too many idiots who want nothing else but to troll now

WillyB211
  • WillyB211

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Let me start with three possible apologies - 

1. I apologize if this is considered a spoiler. I don't believe it is, but in case the details of how BAWSAQ works is supposed to be kept secret until you've played it, I apologize.

2. Sorry if this was already proposed - I couldn't find a topic that was on the same idea.

3. I don't know if this is actually how it works. It seems there is some confusion - however from what I gather, Rockstar takes the information from all players connected to Social Club, and that in turn dictates the fluctuations in the market.

If this is so - this forum, working together, could literally control the market.

I imagine we are the largest group of hardcore GTA fans. If we had someone organize a poll for competing stocks, we could then decide which stocks to support, and which to sabotage. We could search through the most popular videos on Youtube and whatnot, and start to notice trends in vehicles destroyed/businesses sabotaged by the general public, and then organize our (Very large) group of players to help nudge those trends in the direction they are already going, or use our collective power to reverse that.

Am I thinking too much about this, or could this be done?

Xbox or PS3?

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

One major flaw in your plan there are several million people playing GTA V several dozen people are not going to affect the stock in the slightest unless they do something for hours on end. 

I've considered this, and there are two main points that I think would still make this work:

A: If we choose a stock that is near the absolute bottom, that would mean that all the general public are not organically choosing to support these stocks, so even a small amount of people (or as many as we can get) could possibly make a dent

B: If we get a huge following on this, arguably the most popular forum on GTA anywhere, then I think the size of our group would be enough to make a difference.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I have made over 12 Million on Bawsaq from investing in Twinkle, I encountered a guy while playing as Trevor, he had me drive him to the airport, as a reward he told me to invest in twinkle right away. So I did on all three characters and have so far made 25% of my investment back.

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

I'm in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users