This forum, working together, could literally control the market.
EDIT: Here is the FB page I created - https://www.facebook...89406874457127/
I imagine we are the largest group of hardcore GTA fans. If we had someone organize a poll for competing stocks, we could then decide which stocks to support, and which to sabotage. We could search through the most popular videos on Youtube and whatnot, and start to notice trends in vehicles destroyed/businesses sabotaged by the general public, and then organize our (Very large) group of players to help nudge those trends in the direction they are already going, or use our collective power to reverse that.
Am I thinking too much about this, or could this be done?
This is happening.
I NEED ALL OF YOU. Here's the gameplan. Please share this as much as possible in this forum, get friends to sign up and take part, or even instruct friends with the game to take part, but please instruct them to strictly follow all the rules, or we won't have accurate data.
1. I don't have the time at the moment to compile a list of everyone who has pledged their support, but that is step one.
2. Split the list into Xbox and Ps3 lists.
3. Find the lowest performing stock. There are a few different ways to look at this, whether the biggest negative movement, negative dollar amount, or simply lowest price. I'd like suggestions here. We may need to select different stocks per console, as they are separate markets.
4. Find the lowest performing stock that has a product you can purchase in game. I don't have access to the game at the moment since I'm at work, but an example would be Ponsonby's. Each console would select individually - see above.
5. Does anyone have access to the game right now? This step depends on how it's displayed in game. If the graph is the same in game as it is online, we have a full 24 hour window, however if it is filtered by hour in game, that would be much better. This step depends on that aspect, as it will tell us whether we need to focus on buying for an hour, or for a full day as much as we possibly can.
6. Before the "attacks" we decide individually how much we want to spend on the first attack.
a. The first attack will be just purchasing as many shares as we possibly can during the predetermined time, and ensuring that as a group, we purchase absolutely NO MORE of that same stock after the given time. If the stock price increases noticeably during this time and then drops as represented on the graph, then we have proof that purchasing mass amounts of stocks in a company will raise the prices. We can absolutely use that to control what costs what, and to make billions.
b. The second attack will be much more complicated. This second attack is an experiment to see if simply purchasing from a business will increase the price. Our friend FXTrader pointed out that in real life, the revenue generated by a business in no way directly affects stock prices, it's my belief that in real life news would spread of the good fortunes of a company, which would raise the price of the shares. I am theorizing that in GTA V, Rockstar simulates that idea by artificially increasing the prices of the shares in response to a business doing very well. The hardest part will be choosing a low performing stock from a company that has a product to sell - where it gets tricky is the fact that the potential for spending may be finite with some businesses. Ammunation, for instance, only has a limited amount of guns you can buy, and your ammo is most likely limited (I simply don't know) but we could get around that by using all the ammo and purchasing more. Ammunation, however, performs extremely well. Sprunk unfortunately performs very well as well, but we could buy infinite soda. Certain cars are available on the in game websites, but if we purchase cars, we would eventually run out of space. We could, in turn, possibly pull them out of the garage and then buy more, but if anyone is willing to experiment, that would help. This will be the toughest choice we have to make.
So that's how it will work. If we are successful with EITHER attack, we will then have proof that we genuinely can affect the stock market, in which case I would like to start some kind of private group, possibly Facebook, to organize all future attacks to benefit all the members. I want this to be fully all inclusive - we don't need to be too selective, as the more people we have, the more we can make - theoretically.
Things I need help with:
- Choosing the stocks. Read above for details on choosing.
- Getting the word out! Tell everyone! If anyone knows any mods, I would love to get this pinned. I fully feel that Rockstar would LOVE for this to happen, and it can potentially help EVERYONE involved. Since we are only affecting already poor performing stocks, we can't really mess with intelligent investments - and even if we could, this game is based on CRIME.
- Any help organizing this. I have limited time with work, training and family life. Any and all help is appreciated.
To start, everyone post your console!
GO GO GO GO