I also had the same problem, I have the collectors edition. Blimp was in my contacts for about 70 hours of gameplay. After update 1.07, the blimp contact disappeared.
Here is how I fixed it on PS3
(you need your Collectors Edition Redemption code, hope you kept it.)
- On your XMB, browse to "Game Data Utiliy" (NOT!!! "Saved Data Utility)
- In there you will find two files. One about 8gb (8,000mb), and one about 75 MB which are the patches.
- Delete them both.
- Reinstall the game.
- Once the game patches, fully installs, then loads one of your saves, exit game back to XMB.
- Simply browse via XMB to PSN > Account Management > Redeem Codes
- Punch in your code you got when you bought the game, it will redownload like a 150k file, and install it again like when you first purchased the game
- Relaunch Game, ENJOY!!
Hope this works for you, it fixed mine.