Quantcast

» «
Photo

IV Is still the king! Anyone Else Agree?

235 replies to this topic
Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

1. Barely anything? I laughed.
2. There wasn't so much love, but the story is absolutely awesome in IV, V is great, but it doesn't surpass IV's.
3. The arcadey kiddy sh*t driving sucks in GTA V. If people like this crap, I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

(CLAPS) Sir.... I salute you :).

Except on the (3), the only time the driving isn't terrible is when you're Franklin.

I can agree on that, it's pretty cool to drive cars as Frankie, but in general, the driving is crap comparing to IV.

Yeah rockstar messed up bad with the driving in V. They should've never messed with it. It was almost perfect in IV.

Perfect? When the game was released almost all people said that driving is horrible. Can't believe my eyes.
I couldn't go all out with driving in gta iv because the car would slip most off the times.
Gta V improved driving and that is a fact.

no its your opinion not a fact people on this site often get the two  Confused. 

Some things are facts and some are opinion, about the driving is a fact.
When Gta iv was released, the first month you saw (allot) people complaining about the driving.
Everyone said that the driving from Gta san andreas is better and etc.

And now since gta V is released there are some people that say that the driving from gta iv was better.
Not sure if they are trolling or just some hipsters.

How can't you see its improved? Like i* said, driving a car in gta iv was like driving a boat.

Although the suspension in GTA V is tighter I find driving to be far too forgiving and nurturing. I mean you can control the way the car moves while in the air. Wtf? It's not a skateboard.

I've been playing GTA IV over the last few days and I adore the driving as much as i did before GTA V released. I love the use of force correction and braking technique. GTA V feels severely toned down in comparison.

At the end of the day it comes down to feel. You can't objectively say GTA V's driving is better as there's no one fact that alludes to it. Just like GTA IV's driving compared to its older counterparts.

Yes, i kinda agree with the skateboard part.

When i first drove in Gta v, i directly noticed a difference.

It really felt like a race game, i have less worries about hitting something, compared to gta iv.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Still, couldn't tell if i was driving a boat or driving a car.

Then you sir, is/are blind.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:39 PM Edited by Shoumic, 03 November 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Do whatever you want MVC on this one but IV was never the king in the first place let alone for it to remain the king. ;)

• ten-a-penny likes this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I used to think V was the best, until I played IV for 2 hours today. V would be the best if not for the sh*tty wanted system where cops spawn like robots and used auto-aim to shoot you. IV was a better game

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Do whatever you want MVC on this one but IV was never the king in the first place let alone for it to remain the king. ;)

We all have different opinions. :dozing:

(@ MARIANA)
Cops spawn everywhere/anywhere you go.

Campion608
  • Campion608

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:52 PM Edited by Campion608, 03 November 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Five years ago, 70% of the GTAv supporters here probably would have named GTAiv GOTY immediately, and confess their sexual relations with the game. Why can't you just say "Hey, you know what? It's a good game that I had a lot of fun with, but I've found something new." Those of us that measure our enjoyment with our expectations will discuss our true feelings without the need to trash talk about something that gave equal amounts of satisfaction.

Those that equate such discussion to "nostaglia" have probably never visited an Arcade. People pump quarters into certain 30 year old games for a reason, just the same as someone who would play San Andreas or GTA3 today.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

We all have different opinions. :dozing:

You really think I don't know that? And you didn't even understand what my post was about because it wasn't directed towards you. 

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

You really think I don't know that? And you didn't even understand what my post was about because it wasn't directed towards you. 

No it was directed towards MiamiViceCity. And he thinks IV is still king.

I don't have "stupid" written on my Forehead. :sneaky:

Potatoer
  • Potatoer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

I just hate the damn cops in V. they used to be fun to run from but now they serve as a nuisance in the game world

Art:Vandelay
  • Art:Vandelay

Architect, Latex Producer, Marine Biologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

I like iv multiplayer better more people in one area and special game modes such as cops and crooks

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't see much difference between the driving physics? They're both easy to get used to.

V's storyline is a bit shorter than IV's but they're both good overall, much better than VC or SA IMO.

One thing though, I find the (free aim) shooting IV much smoother. Something about the way the reticule moves just feels better. I also don't like how there's no longer a reticule when you blind fire, sure it's realistic, but now you have to waste a few bullets to get an idea where they're going. I like that they expanded online, but I liked the option to turn cops off, and the online missions/game modes in IV, while they were fewer, they were better. Hangman's Noose, Cops 'N Crooks, etc. I miss so much.

Shayna
  • Shayna

Non-Stop Pop FM & Radio Mirror Park <3

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

I'm finding GTA Online a lot funner than IV's multiplayer, but IV's story definitely captivated me more than V's. Didn't care for V's cast nearly as much as I do for IV's. And after playing it for so long Liberty City feels a bit like home :) hope it's accessible again in the future whether it's GTA Online or otherwise

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

19415733.jpg

• ten-a-penny likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

19415733.jpg

You're the same fa**ot as NADOLNY. I know because I seen your PSN name on your old profile. Weren't you banned?

Shayna
  • Shayna

Non-Stop Pop FM & Radio Mirror Park <3

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

19415733.jpg

You're the same fa**ot as NADOLNY. I know because I seen your PSN name on your old profile. Weren't you banned?

All three of his previous accounts have been banned. lol but he continues to grace us with his presence!

• gnad likes this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

I hate V. Who cares about driving skills lol. I love 4 you're driving skills depends on your skill level. This level up bullsh*t sucks. I beat v on ps3. I have 4 on pc. The driving damage in V sucks!!!! 4 is the king of driving physics :)

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

19415733.jpg

Is it me or is this prick missing his five golden stars?

V is a game that could've been quantity with quality but they kind of f*cked it up. In my opinion the:
- driving sucks
- fighting mechanics are such a step backwards
- shooting feels fake and the lack of a first person view while aiming is just so f*cking wrong
- the graphics are inconsistent (good 75% of the time, bad 25% of the time)
- barely any good interiors not to mention IV had more
- the humor is terrible
- the physics are so off (try to run and jump? You'll hit the wall. Wanna glide against a car? You'll get propelled even if the car was going slow, this is soo scripted and scripting ruins games for me when it happens in free roam)
- cops are scripted
- R* has turned into C* when it comes to cheats, so hateful, limited, and why the F-CK do we have to press buttons for them?
- Los Santos feels fake
- dumb ai, how do they dress themselves
- no special GTA feeling at all

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

I gotta say, I just popped IV in to compare it with V, and within 2 minutes I took it out and put V back in. I used to enjoy IV, but after V I really just can't go back to it. Everything is just so fuzzy and blurred, the driving is very flawed (despite popular opinion, I think V improved majorly in this area), the frame rate is pretty horrible, and the mechanics just feel so outdated and sluggish.

So in my honest opinion, no, IV is not the king. V has improved in every area, thus taking the throne.

• ten-a-penny likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

I gotta say, I just popped IV in to compare it with V, and within 2 minutes I took it out and put V back in. I used to enjoy IV, but after V I really just can't go back to it. Everything is just so fuzzy and blurred, the driving is very flawed (despite popular opinion, I think V improved majorly in this area), the frame rate is pretty horrible, and the mechanics just feel so outdated and sluggish.

So in my honest opinion, no, IV is not the king. V has improved in every area, thus taking the throne.

That's fair enough. It's funny though a lot of us GTA IV fans used to be called graphics whores for liking GTA IV, but despite GTA V undeniably looking better I don't have any problem with the way GTA IV looks. I like its smoky/blurred out look actually.

I guess the driving is still a fresh debate, but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the way cars in GTA V feel like they have braking assist and F1 like suspension. IMO the cars all lack character,. The old sh*tters even handle as good as some of the sports cars. I've never been one to say GTA IV's physics are realistic, but I do like the way cars react into and out of corners. Sometimes they get unsettled and you have to fight snap oversteer or in the case of a FWD, understeer. I was racing in a taxi just before in the rain and it was the most fun I've had as far as driving goes for a long time. GTA V just feels generic to me in that regard like most racing games. In its defense it's still better than the sh*t dished out in Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row etc.

The character movements in GTA IV I feel aren't that dated and/or sluggish. I've been playing a lot of GTA IV lately sometimes before or after playing GTA V and I don't think the difference is that drastic, but that's just me.

Anyway I respect your opinion, but I can't necessarily say I agree. No offense. :)

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

That's fair enough. It's funny though a lot of us GTA IV fans used to be called graphics whores for liking GTA IV, but despite GTA V undeniably looking better I don't have any problem with the way GTA IV looks. I like its smoky/blurred out look actually.

I guess the driving is still a fresh debate, but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the way cars in GTA V feel like they have braking assist and F1 like suspension. IMO the cars all lack character,. The old sh*tters even handle as good as some of the sports cars. I've never been one to say GTA IV's physics are realistic, but I do like the way cars react into and out of corners. Sometimes they get unsettled and you have to fight snap oversteer or in the case of a FWD, understeer. I was racing in a taxi just before in the rain and it was the most fun I've had as far as driving goes for a long time. GTA V just feels generic to me in that regard like most racing games. In its defense it's still better than the sh*t dished out in Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row etc.

The character movements in GTA IV I feel aren't that dated and/or sluggish. I've been playing a lot of GTA IV lately sometimes before or after playing GTA V and I don't think the difference is that drastic, but that's just me.

Anyway I respect your opinion, but I can't necessarily say I agree. No offense. :)

I agree with you man I actually started a new GTA IV Complete Edition playthrough and I don't think GTA IV graphics are outdated

Its perfectly playable and I still have my fun with it

You seem to be one of the few who liked GTA IV more than V (like me)

What do you think about V? I think it has some story flaws and things that could have been done better but its not like we are in the 3D Era again( even though its much more funnier than IV)

Still there are some realistic characters  in the game and I like the references to IV ( except Johnys death obviously)

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

What do you think about V?

It's a great game honestly. It's just behind GTA IV for me and shows SA the door hahahaha. In all seriousness as much as I like GTA V as I've said in numerous posts there's something I feel that's missing.

It's like R* tried to address GTA IV's flaws, but at the same time created a whole bunch of new ones. The amount of side missions is pretty poor. GTA IV has just as much. I thought there'd be more considering there are three protagonists. The lack of interiors is disappointing. GTA IV got bashed for not having enough interiors or locking them after mission use. GTA V takes it to a whole new level. Atleast in GTA IV I could find random buildings to explore.

I think it's easily the best game I've played all year, but many missed opportunities. Just because it has a bigger map and more features than GTA IV doesn't mean it corrected all the wrongs IMO.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

I respect opinions but anyone who likes GTA IV better is a story whore, seriosuly, the only defense I here about GTA IV is "story this" or "story that". I mentioned on another topic that GTA IV's story doesn't magically fix the games obvious issues. GTA IV was actually still a good game, don't get me wrong, but when compared to previous games and GTA V, it's not good at all, while the world is undeniably excellent, lazy game design is obvious in many places (things like the Police Maverick and Police Predator not having spawn points is an example) and the main point of this, GTA IV's story doesn't make the planes flyable, it doesn't make Bowling and Pool fun, it doesn't add vehicle variety and it doesn't make the constant harassment from 'friends' to go bowling any more bearable.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

I respect opinions but anyone who likes GTA IV better is a story whore, seriosuly, the only defense I here about GTA IV is "story this" or "story that". I mentioned on another topic that GTA IV's story doesn't magically fix the games obvious issues. GTA IV was actually still a good game, don't get me wrong, but when compared to previous games and GTA V, it's not good at all, while the world is undeniably excellent, lazy game design is obvious in many places (things like the Police Maverick and Police Predator not having spawn points is an example) and the main point of this, GTA IV's story doesn't make the planes flyable, it doesn't make Bowling and Pool fun, it doesn't add vehicle variety and it doesn't make the constant harassment from 'friends' to go bowling any more bearable.

That's because you're using selective judgement. Sure I love GTA IV's story, but most of the time when I play it I only do a couple of missions and spend the rest of my time free roaming. Sometimes I like to go for a game of pool, maybe do a series of vigilante missions, do drug runs for LJ, a few races, exploit the physics engine by harming Niko in a variety of ways, even just taking in the sights and sounds I can do for hours.

I guess what I'm saying is there are plenty of reasons to like GTA IV without looking at the story. Then again I've been trying to get this through to people like you for the last 5 years and it doesn't seem to work very well. It always seems to go in one ear and out the other without much being absorbed in between.

Lol @ your signature. It must really bother you when someone says they prefer GTA IV to GTA V. Maybe it's time to grow up kid.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by Official General, 14 November 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Bro, I was once like you. I was one of the biggest critics of GTA IV after my first time playing it. I was really pissed off about the alck of certain features and content in the game. I had another playthrough and then I realized that IV was actually much better than I initially thought it to be. In the end, I manage to see that IV + Episodes were indeed classic games. However, I really believed that GTA V was gonna blow IV out of the water, I was pretty much sure of it. After playing V and finishing it, I can honestly say that V did come to close to being better than IV - they are more or less evenly matched. In fact V, has let me down to the point I want to have another playthrough of IV and The Episodes. I never imagine myself to be saying this - I would have expected myself to STILL be playing V right now, long after I finished it. But no, I cannot because V just is not as great as I thought it was. To make things worse, V has far less decent side missions than IV to play after the story, and that is unacceptable. 

Stop knocking people for liking IV for it's really good and interesting story. Not everyone is into flying planes all that stuff. Some people just like a real, gritty crime/gangster story and IV is just that indeed. And IV along with the Episodes indeed provides some wacky, over the top stuff to get a break from more 'serious' stuff. 

The honest truth ? I'd never thought I'd hear myself say this, but after some long and careful consideration, I actually now prefer IV to V. 

• PulpFiction likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Bro, I was once like you. I was one of the biggest critics of GTA IV after my first time playing it. I was really pissed off about the alck of certain features and content in the game. I had another playthrough and then I realized that IV was actually much better than I initially thought it to be. In the end, I manage to see that IV + Episodes were indeed classic games. However, I really believed that GTA V was gonna blow IV out of the water, I was pretty much sure of it. After playing V and finishing it, I can honestly say that V did come to close to being better than IV - they are more or less evenly matched. In fact V, has let me down to the point I want to have another playthrough of IV and The Episodes. I never imagine myself to be saying this - I would have expected myself to STILL be playing V right now, long after I finished it. But no, I cannot because V just is not as great as I thought it was. To make things worse, V has far less decent side missions than IV to play after the story, and that is unacceptable. 

Stop knocking people for liking IV for it's really good and interesting story. Not everyone is into flying planes all that stuff. Some people just like a real, gritty crime/gangster story and IV is just that indeed. And IV along with the Episodes indeed provides some wacky, over the top stuff to get a break from more 'serious' stuff. 

The honest truth ? I'd never thought I'd hear myself say this, but after some long and careful consideration, I actually now prefer IV to V. 

We all have different tastes General. I think this Can'tThinkOfOne2013 guy forgets that entirely.

I love GTA IV's story, but I've always loved its free roam and the city is just incredible. Always felt ahead of its time to me. There are so many reasons to like GTA IV that don't have to have anything to do with story, but even still if someone likes GTA IV purely for its story that doesn't make them a "story whore".

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

19415733.jpg

Is it me or is this prick missing his five golden stars?

V is a game that could've been quantity with quality but they kind of f*cked it up. In my opinion the:
- driving sucks
- fighting mechanics are such a step backwards
- shooting feels fake and the lack of a first person view while aiming is just so f*cking wrong
- the graphics are inconsistent (good 75% of the time, bad 25% of the time)
- barely any good interiors not to mention IV had more
- the humor is terrible
- the physics are so off (try to run and jump? You'll hit the wall. Wanna glide against a car? You'll get propelled even if the car was going slow, this is soo scripted and scripting ruins games for me when it happens in free roam)
- cops are scripted
- R* has turned into C* when it comes to cheats, so hateful, limited, and why the F-CK do we have to press buttons for them?
- Los Santos feels fake
- dumb ai, how do they dress themselves
- no special GTA feeling at all

19415733.jpg

All three of his previous accounts have been banned. lol but he continues to grace us with his presence!

19415733.jpg

09thank-you-fans480270.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users