Quantcast

» «
Photo

IV Is still the king! Anyone Else Agree?

235 replies to this topic
theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Once I get Niko in GTA Online, I can officially stop playing Iv as much as I do.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

V's storyline was rushed, there were no iconic characters, also the whole story was a letdown in the sense that the game is "the pursuit of the almighty dollar" but you spend 67 missions doing sh*t for other people and earning $0 then 2 missions doing heists and ACTUALLY earning money, it's obvious GTA:O is the main game and singleplayer is just preparation.

This! Grand Theft Auto IV is still my favorite, GTA V's story was short but they tricked everyone into thinking it was longer that it was, for example the heists, a lot of the 'story' missions were preparing for said heists, something as menial and simple as stealing a certain car and putting it in a set location is actually CLASSED AS A MISSION! So yeah the game seemed longer than it was because of all this 'missions' padding it out. The story was basically Michael and Trevor fell out, Franklin was also brought into it for no apparent reason. 

Don't get me wrong, GTA V is fun, but IV is definitely still king in my eyes. I seriously dread the day multiplayer is taken offline :(. There is actually talk and rumours of R* adding Liberty City as DLC for GTA V: Online, I really hope this doesn't happen, It may look nicer to some people but if you want it to look better then just download some free mods for the PC version (although I personally still love the look of GTA IV, the car textures actually seem better than GTA V's plasticky, rubbery look) but seriously, if the Liberty City DLC does happen it's going to kill IV's multiplayer, I will play GTA V multiplayer but I will play IV's more often as long as people are still playing aswell.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

the story was crap aswell, how the f*ck could you say it was good?

You're right. I can't say it was good. It was great.

• Sting4S likes this

lauris3722
  • lauris3722

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

GTA IV was much more enjoyable than GTA III, VC and SA. I liked the story in IV much better, I've completed it 3 times.. I love the physics in GTA IV, with some modding, cars were realistic & fun.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=R1ijj6ks33s

GTA V reminds me of GTA SA, which was less enjoyable, but who knows..

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

I haven't played GTA V yet,but IV is far from being the king.It was the least fun GTA I have ever played.In GTA San Andreas,there was so much to do.Then they release this...as soon as I did the story I completely got bored with it.The multiplayer deathmatches are fun for like a week,and then it gets boring and repetitive aswell since the map is really small and dull.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

I personally hated IV for its map, boaty vehicles and character movement.

Im in love with V and ill milk it out so hard when its on PC, i got it on PS3 atm.

EaglesFan1825
  • EaglesFan1825

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

I've went back and played it after I got V, I still like IV more.

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

GTA 3D Mod Ped Creator

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I like IV and V... One of them have something that the other one havent. So they are both the best. My opinion.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

GTA IV will never be replaced. V has it's chance but f*cked it up. Especially the main piece, the 'Auto'.

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

I haven't played GTA V yet,but IV is far from being the king.It was the least fun GTA I have ever played.In GTA San Andreas,there was so much to do.Then they release this...as soon as I did the story I completely got bored with it.The multiplayer deathmatches are fun for like a week,and then it gets boring and repetitive aswell since the map is really small and dull.

This.  IV was extremely dull in almost every way.  The map was boring, missions felt a bit repetitive after a bit, drive here, kill that person.  I prefer VC and SA a lot more than IV and GTA V hasn't really been out long enough to completely judge it but I really like it and it doesn't seem repetitive + the map is different everywhere you go.

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:17 PM Edited by Powner811, 23 September 2013 - 09:19 PM.

Once PC version comes, and when we get ability to upgrade GTA V to over max, you'll see how much consoles suck at everything. People expecting far more in GTA V without forgeting their consoles are like baby toys for 2 year olds now. 

.I.

I gotta say, PC verison of GTA 4 looks more of new generation than GTA V on sh*tstation 3 and sh*tbox 360 ;)

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:23 PM Edited by Limiter, 23 September 2013 - 09:23 PM.

I've played a lot of GTA V now (already finished a third of the game, according to the stats). And I agree, something with the driving and the shooting reminds me more of another game than Grand Theft Auto. Even IV, which was a huge leap in terms of graphics, didn't feel as "far" as GTA V does right now. It is still an absolutely fantastic game though.

I agree, that's what I said on another thread. The driving sort of remind me of a mobile platform racing game. Which is un-GTA like and in my opinion, a big embarrassment if someone who doesn't know about GTA watches over my shoulder.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

IV is still comfortable to play but I cannot say I will enjoy it as much. I'll visit it in October. :)

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Yeah i do but that will end the first sec V comes to PC

Beat this sh*tty consoles

r8_by_mk_moex-d6n0ke0.png

That looks terrible. 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

GTA V on consoles can easily beat anything that GTA V can do on PC's at the moment as you aint got sh*t yet, and might never have sh*t.

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

GTA V on consoles can easily beat anything that GTA V can do on PC's at the moment as you aint got sh*t yet, and might never have sh*t.

>This is what consoler gamers actually believe

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

>This is what consoler gamers actually believe

No not really im just f*cking with ya.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

well u sure need to take that console crap  to where it belongs

Oh shut up you melt. Come back when you can actually form a proper argument as to why PC's are better than consoles for gaming. Personally I think both serve their purposes very well, and everyone has their own taste (which I don't mind at all). I'm sure you'll disagree with that since you're shallow-minded though. But, until then, pipe your little imbecilic, dribbling young self down, boy.

And on the topic at hand; I honestly prefer GTA V over GTA IV. The story line was good, I'll admit, but some of the missions sucked. Yeah, like everyone said - it's go here, and kill that guy. It's basically going from point A-B, which become horrendously tedious over time. GTA V actually has variety within their missions. Sure, a good handful of it is preparation for the two heists but we can't just all prepare them all in one long mission, right? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. This is a heist we're talking about, folks.

Not to mention, the story is more funnier. GTA IV was just dark and gloomy in a sense, and quite frankly I sort of loathed the feel of the game itself. GTA V easily takes the cake when it comes to humor. Matter of fact, a lot of attributes that shape up the game triumph GTA IV in a lot of aspects. IV lacked a lot, V compensated for that. There's so much to do in the game. Did IV allow you to explore it's seafloor? No, because you weren't allowed to go underwater. Did IV have weapon and vehicle customization? No, it didn't. A submarine? Like I said, you can't go underwater. The list goes on, kids. GTA V is better. Some of you think it didn't live up to its standards, and when you look at it from a different perspective it's true, and I can't disagree with that. Despite all of that however, I still think it's way better than GTA IV - mainly because I enjoy it more.

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

E34 FANATIC!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by ScreamingOaks, 24 September 2013 - 04:49 AM.

gta iv is still the best f*cking game out there, can't believe rockstar gave in to those pussies who can't handle the handling, seriously, gta v is f*cking boring and i can't believe how easy it is to drive, its not even challenging any more with car chases you know.

im not gonna hate on the missions i think they are fine but on its own i just dun think im gonna play it, and i really can't stand 30 fsp on a ps3, my pc totally beats the sh*t out of it

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

And on the topic at hand; I honestly prefer GTA V over GTA IV. The story line was good, I'll admit, but some of the missions sucked. Yeah, like everyone said - it's go here, and kill that guy. It's basically going from point A-B, which become horrendously tedious over time. GTA V actually has variety within their missions. Sure, a good handful of it is preparation for the two heists but we can't just all prepare them all in one long mission, right? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. This is a heist we're talking about, folks.

Not to mention, the story is more funnier. GTA IV was just dark and gloomy in a sense, and quite frankly I sort of loathed the feel of the game itself. GTA V easily takes the cake when it comes to humor. Matter of fact, a lot of attributes that shape up the game triumph GTA IV in a lot of aspects. IV lacked a lot, V compensated for that. There's so much to do in the game. Did IV allow you to explore it's seafloor? No, because you weren't allowed to go underwater. Did IV have weapon and vehicle customization? No, it didn't. A submarine? Like I said, you can't go underwater. The list goes on, kids. GTA V is better. Some of you think it didn't live up to its standards, and when you look at it from a different perspective it's true, and I can't disagree with that. Despite all of that however, I still think it's way better than GTA IV - mainly because I enjoy it more.

From what I've played of the story in GTA V so far it seems to suffer a bit of an identity crisis kind of like SA though not quite as bad.

Sure GTA IV's story was dark, but it was consistent. I mean really I've already forgotten most of the characters in GTA V  because for one reason or another they don't stick out like GTA IV's and there doesn't seem to be as many. I think the fact in GTA V you mostly work for yourself really hinders exploration of the criminal underworld in modern LS.

In GTA IV Niko was exposed to Albanian hoods, Russian gangsters, Dominican gangsters, the Italian Mafia, bikers etc. Seeing all this from Niko's perspective was so epic. It felt like a journey. Of course there was the falling out between Faustin/Dimitri, PlayboyX/Dwayne, the Mcrearies etc. GTA V doesn't seem to have these sort of conflicts.

The story in GTA V is good, but I don't like how it tries to be funny in some scenes and dark/disturbing in others. GTA IV had comic relief, but it felt justified. GTA V tries a bit too hard IMO.

• lol232 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

Wrong Miami. It wasn't great, it wasn't even good, it was a masterpiece.

Anyways, I haven't played GTA V since I'm a PC gamer but when it comes to PC. I'm sure it'll be the King for me. But I will always regard IV as a revolution in the series and that it laid the foundation for GTA V.

• lol232 likes this

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Wrong Miami. It wasn't great, it wasn't even good, it was a masterpiece.

Anyways, I haven't played GTA V since I'm a PC gamer but when it comes to PC. I'm sure it'll be the King for me. But I will always regard IV as a revolution in the series and that it laid the foundation for GTA V.

ha. Masterpiece? you've never seen a good story in your life then. 

miker00lz
  • miker00lz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

I think my PS4 mirrors a high end pc close enough.

PS4 is far off a high end PC fyi, go do some research.

For now, it's close enough. It's a slow 8-core, but games don't really need beast CPUs. Even the 360 and PS3 still have viable CPUs for modern games, but it's about the video chip and RAM, and the PS4 is on par with a Radeon HD 7790. That's the exact card I have in my PC, and it's pretty damn good but in a year or two it will be garbage relatively speaking. The 360 and PS3 were also about on par with a good PC at the time of their release.

miker00lz
  • miker00lz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I agree about GTA IV though, as much as I love V... I had more raw fun the first time I played IV, especially in the rampages.

Smokin Shadowz
  • Smokin Shadowz

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

PC fanboys. A special breed of retard. They prove it everyday.

miker00lz
  • miker00lz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

What the f*ck, no matter how bad V is it could never go below GTA IV, which is honestly one of the worst games I've played, by mission 40 I was so fed up with the characters, the driving, the boring city and the gameplay which offered absolutely nothing. 

the story was crap aswell, how the f*ck could you say it was good? it dragged like crazy and Niko was a really crap protagonist, especially with his idiot cousin.

The writing didn't make sense and half of the story was super forced and thrown together. 

Besides disagreeing with you on all points atleast GTA IV felt like GTA. V just feels wrong somehow.

Still feels like GTA to me, but stuff like random rampges feel watered down. It's like they're trying to discourage you from doing it. That really disappoints me. Still a great game though overall.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

From what I've played of the story in GTA V so far it seems to suffer a bit of an identity crisis kind of like SA though not quite as bad.

Sure GTA IV's story was dark, but it was consistent. I mean really I've already forgotten most of the characters in GTA V  because for one reason or another they don't stick out like GTA IV's and there doesn't seem to be as many. I think the fact in GTA V you mostly work for yourself really hinders exploration of the criminal underworld in modern LS.

In GTA IV Niko was exposed to Albanian hoods, Russian gangsters, Dominican gangsters, the Italian Mafia, bikers etc. Seeing all this from Niko's perspective was so epic. It felt like a journey. Of course there was the falling out between Faustin/Dimitri, PlayboyX/Dwayne, the Mcrearies etc. GTA V doesn't seem to have these sort of conflicts.

The story in GTA V is good, but I don't like how it tries to be funny in some scenes and dark/disturbing in others. GTA IV had comic relief, but it felt justified. GTA V tries a bit too hard IMO.

Cold not agree more, I mean, V is great and all, 

but IV is STILL the king, and it still stays the number 2 in the list (number one is Vice City).

I also wish I was here on these forums when IV was about to be released, I mean, goddamn, IV's trailers, screenshots and everything is 10 times better than V's, it had a way different, way cooler hype.

I was very hyped for V, overhyped, even, but personally, IV feels way out of it's time, V graphics feel very similar to IV's, but in 2008, really, I can't think of a game with better graphics from its time (not even Crysis), I'm not a graphics whore, and I'm not only talking about graphics, but the realism of the game is also way ahead of it's time.

I don't really know how to express myself like MVC does, but I hope you get my point.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

No. You're a goddamn useless troll bot.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

IV was a great game with a really interesting story but still it's far from being the king...

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by lol232, 25 September 2013 - 11:54 AM.

No. You're a goddamn useless troll bot.

So basically, someone having a very valid point on why GTA IV is still the king is a troll.

Oh, cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users