185 replies to this topic
Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Man, you guys make the sh*ttiest female protagonists in the world. Look at "The Last of Us"... "Orange is the New Black" -- mediums where female protagonists DON'T HAVE TO STRIP OR BE SEXUAL.

But R* aims to be offensive to just about everyone with GTA, like South Park

I'm pretty sure she would be.

PetitLolita333
  • PetitLolita333

..Jabrony

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by PetitLolita333, 07 December 2013 - 07:52 PM.

It's amazing to me to read some of these comments that automatically think that having a female lead (or co-lead) will all of a sudden represent a message to young girls everywhere that they are equal to men in masculinity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when did ONE character ever speak for an entire gender, or race, or an entire generation? The character story is simply that, a story. This is one character that just so happened to have a series of situations and/or circumstances that led her to be a badass bitch, equal to the other male leads. Do any guys look at Niko, or Franklin, or Trevor and say "See there, I too can be a hot-headed lunatic and rob banks." No. It sounds silly. But what they do have are qualities that are widely relateable, which makes the gameplay enjoyable. So why is it so impossible to have a female character that will also have relateable qualities, fem or not?

And I completely agree with a previous comment that noted the makers of GTA will not write a lead female character role because they can not write a lead female character role successfully. I get that, and it makes perfect sense. But I just want to make it clear that my statements aren't about that. My statements are about the erroneous social implications of having a female lead in a male-dominated game isn't possible. I just simply don't think it's been done on a massively successful level yet.

*drops mic*

• Staten likes this

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Man, you guys make the sh*ttiest female protagonists in the world. Look at "The Last of Us"... "Orange is the New Black" -- mediums where female protagonists DON'T HAVE TO STRIP OR BE SEXUAL.

OH PLEASE. I've been playing the series since '99. Their sh*tty excuse for "satire" is boring and unfunny -- maybe when I was 12 I had a har-har time, but things like this change.

She doesn't have to be sexual.

There have been numerous games with female leads that don't need to be sexualized.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

Coral_City, on 09 Dec 2013 - 4:41 PM, said:

NightSpectre, on 06 Dec 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Coral_City, on 03 Dec 2013 - 9:21 PM, said:

OH PLEASE. I've been playing the series since '99. Their sh*tty excuse for "satire" is boring and unfunny -- maybe when I was 12 I had a har-har time, but things like this change.

She doesn't have to be sexual.

There have been numerous games with female leads that don't need to be sexualized.

Satire is that defines GTA, why do you even like the series if you hate that ? I bet you are some boring upmighty dude who feels he is so intelligent and that everyone else is some dumb dweeb who doesnt understand your mighty intelligeence, get over yourself dude .

TAKAMICHINOKU
  • TAKAMICHINOKU

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

ONLY if she looks like Sophia Myles.

Tlaneloli
  • Tlaneloli

Native Outlawz (N8IV)

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

A lot of misogynistic bullsh*t in this thread,

It's a pretty good idea, don't know if they'd actually do it but if they could kudos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users