The BIG one!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

f*ck NO! 

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:24 AM Edited by brian., 21 September 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Allow me to summarize the general sentiment in these kinds of threads with one quote:

How the f*ck you gonna put a woman in a serious crimnal role when we don't love them hoes?

No, that doesn't work.

Let me explain for you since you seem not aware of the quote. Perhaps it was the lack of emphasis through quotation.

How the f*ck you gonna put a woman in a serious crimnal role when "we don't love them hoes"?

I was quoting snoop dogg, who spoke very eloquently for years about the criminal world. Along with many others. And I could quote any other number of movies, musicians, or even straight up documentaries of people talking how it is and my own eyes seeing it all its all true and I know better to ever think you're going to see GTA: Angelina Jolie J-Lo and Britney character switching. 

GTA works because it feels real in a completely fake world that is more real with itself than ours is. It would need to be different roles. Character switching makes it possible.

You can not make a game and call it GTA with a female protagonist unless the game is completely changed. Only switching characters is going to allow this to be possible and still have GTA there + the new feminine side of GTA, with all new never before seen mission structures and such.

because. genders. are. different. Roles are different. Entirely different. Equality in the literal term between genders is a fantasy that is detrimental to your mental health. people must embrace their gender and their differences to ever even be able to say "I am me, i am different from you, I know who I am" - and the fantasy being preached to break this universal reality, the day that goes into GTA, is the day other people are handling it and it's no longer made by those who make it.

because the question "why no female gta protag" is EASILY answered by anyone who has any bit of understanding of the game just by playing it. There hasn't been a mission you'd believe a woman doing. BESIDES the bonny and clyde sh*t with Catalina. And that's how it could work. Along side the masculine. The only way it would ever work for 60 to 90 hours of realistic, believable social commentary and simulation based action adventure gaming.

You will work a female into the mix. You will bring a female and she will be respectable, even if she is a bit psychotic. She will have weaknesses and strengths, like the other characters.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: She will bring an opportunity for a NEW slew of mission types.

It is totally doable. But stop thinking IV could have ever been even nearly as believable if Niko was a girl.

Or that Tommy Vercetti has a female equivalent doing all of his masculine attributes and roles. He doesn't. He may or may not have a girlfriend, but if he does, she doesn't do the things he does.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 21 September 2013 - 12:30 AM.

GTA is a social commentary. Females like GTA protagonists do not exist in society to comment on. They do not exist outside of bad movies, and Rockstar makes fun of that feminist BS lie they tell little girls in those bad movies. the end.

http://en.wikipedia....Griselda_Blanco

And why are you crying over the possibility of a female lead in a GTA game? Why are you so insecure? If it was a ''fact'' that men and women were so different then you wouldn't be here moaning trying to prove it.

And yes, I'm a white knight. See? I saved you some time to think of a new insult.

Oh yea, I'm totally closed minded for not feeding into feminist agenda

Oh...

Yea, I really want to play "Grand Theft Auto: Get some coke from the G's and get Gangland Raped and Discarded" 

That would be so fun.

"Grand Theft Auto: Pull A Weave and Send Men To Do The Missions while you get yer hair did  - coming next fall"

"Grand Theft Auto: Dumb bitch that sits at home sniffing coke while her mafia boss husband is in a better game because she can't get a better man - Spring 2014!"

"Grand Theft Auto: Feminist Fantasy Edition, Fall 2014!''

Yes, you're.
  • macturbo likes this

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:39 AM Edited by brian., 21 September 2013 - 12:44 AM.

You just linked someone like Liz Torrez could have one day become if she didn't get busted in GTA IV. Who did like that woman did in real life: Used men for the missions you see in GTA.

DO YOU GET THAT!?  :panic:

Do you not f*cking comprehend how to any person who gets GTA, only a moron could possibly even imagine a woman in the roles of the action that takes place in those games? How the f*ck could you ever believe in Tommy Vercetti if it was Candy Suxxx instead of him? GTFO WITH YOUR FEMINIST FAIRY TALE ROFL ;)

Only a moron, or a zombie who actually believe hollywood's bullsh*t. It is hard enough to believe in that sh*t on the big screen, let alone in a video game - the medium whose biggest issue is suspension of disbelief.

And none of that belongs in this game. Unless it is tastefully done, with the new character switching it's possible, to add in a BELIEVABLE feminine presence.

You go ahead tell me whatever a white knight is. Sounds like a racist to me.

Excuse me, it's too funny, I'm out for a bit lol.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

Do you not f*cking comprehend how to any person who gets GTA, only a moron could possibly even imagine a woman in the roles of the action that takes place in those games? How the f*ck could you ever believe in Tommy Vercetti if it was Candy Suxxx instead of him? GTFO WITH YOUR FEMINIST FAIRY TALE ROFL ;)

Only a moron, or a zombie who actually believe hollywood's bullsh*t. It is hard enough to believe in that sh*t on the big screen, let alone in a video game - the medium whose biggest issue is suspension of disbelief.

You can only fire a gun, drive a car or pilot a plane if you have a penis, otherwise it isn't believable? Good to know.
  • macturbo likes this

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:29 AM Edited by brian., 21 September 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Use your brain. Just for 5 minutes. Use it. There is a hell of a lot more to it than gameplay mechanics.

Female in multiplayer is just fine.

You cannot expect it to be believable AT ALL for Michael, Trevor, or Franklin to have been a female - they do a f*ck ton more than sandbox gameplay mechanics. 

And no, woman is not pulling me out of my car.

And no, woman is not breaking her f*cking nails doing it, cause she wants to look nice for me. IF THATS THE LIFE SHE LIVES, THATS HER ROLE. Or it is my role to do as she says before she has someone like me, or her powerful boss friend, hurt me. See? It's what makes GTA work, you are that guy - you are a brutish criminal psychopath - let women be respected, the women around these men who are not respectable, are even less respectable, and their gameplay and stories would be pathetic and unbelievable if at all avoiding reality to avoid how pathetic reality really is for hood rats and criminal mistresses.

Show me a woman in power in the criminal world, and I will show you a more interesting protagonist for a game male who put her there. 

Basically, if you can't come to this conclusion, you're either too young to have the experiences necessary to understand, or live a very sheltered life as an adult and have absolutely no idea how realistic GTA is, and how GTA itself is ALL the reason you need to know a woman doesn't play the role of Niko Bellic. A woman can send Niko to do GTA things. But women don't do GTA things.

And this is not the matrix, kick ass, or any other feminist fantasy pushing poison from Hollywood - it is Grand Theft Auto. 

You'd see them bash that evil poisoning of women long before you'd see them feed the fire.

Passionate about this. GTA is not saints row.

Any self respecting woman gamer who understands GTA would be patronized and depressed at the very idea, she would want something better. If a woman ends up in the next GTA as one of the switchable characters, it will be done properly, and they won't pretend that Michelle Townley was ever possible, in life, or in their game, which mirrors life.

Those rare kinds of dirty women, those rare women who you hear stories about, female criminals, dude, no one wants to play as them, they are the scum of the earth, even to the scum of the earth that we play as in GTA LOL, trust me, if it was realistic or respected GTA at all, it would be a boring, retarded game. It would have to change.

And EVERYTHING I have said is basically what what said official, politely "we would do a different game, sure, we'd do a girl game, but we don't have the right game yet".

I do expect a female playable in the next gta or in DLC though. Just never "only a girl", it would feel contrived, or it wouldn't be GTA and would be called something else lol.

PUTTING a woman in GTA main role is like Breaking Bad being about his wife and kids. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SHOW THEN.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

You can only fire a gun, drive a car or pilot a plane if you have a penis, otherwise it isn't believable? Good to know.

No but you must have no brain....

Would you see a woman pulling off heists, fighting with other thugs in the streets, getting into crazy police chases while throwing grenades out of a window? No, lol... If you can link me a wiki of some woman who was one of the most notorious criminals that DID get in fights with the police directly, that DID get in gun fights with gangsters, that DID pull off bank heists, that DID do anything that any of the protags did.... You just can't, because the criminal world is dominated by the male gender. There is no question, as much as females want to be considered equal, I do not think this is something they strive for.

could you see a woman selling drugs and being a big name? Yes, we already have as brian has pointed out. All you did was literally link a wiki link to the real life Elizabeta..... Nice, way to play right into what Brian said haha.

You're brilliant.

• brian. likes this

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

how about no. 

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

I'm literally vomiting laughs while reading this thread.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

What's the difference ? I don't care if it's female or not... As long as the character is attached to the story... But I can't see a woman fit into the world of crime. Unless she tells you What to do, like Cata or Maria. Or that chinese girl from GTA III. But I would like to see a story where a woman plays as a hacker or as a secret agent.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

What's the difference ? I don't care if it's female or not... As long as the character is attached to the story... But I can't see a woman fit into the world of crime. Unless she tells you What to do, like Cata or Maria. Or that chinese girl from GTA III. But I would like to see a story where a woman plays as a hacker or as a secret agent.

See that could work, that would make sense, that would fit into the world and the story.

Having a woman be the typical foot soldier in the crime world? Hardly so, they tend to be property of a gang member or they are up in the ranks calling shots, being the masterminds, not the ones doing the grunt work.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

In the heists you could see a woman helping executing them. But yeah it's a... "delicated" work. Perfect for a woman. Being a hacker. But doing What mike T and frank do ? I can't see it happening. But a woman is really useful for distracting enemies or dominating a rich guy. That's why I said a secret agent or even a spy into the crime world.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

In the heists you could see a woman helping executing them. But yeah it's a... "delicated" work. Perfect for a woman. Being a hacker. But doing What mike T and frank do ? I can't see it happening. But a woman is really useful for distracting enemies or dominating a rich guy. That's why I said a secret agent or even a spy into the crime world.

Yeah, definitely. I don't think a female couldn't fit into the crime world, just not in a game that is trying to emulate real life (even with all its satire and jokes, it is still attempting ot recreate a virtual real life). SR3 was the perfect example of how a female character can play the main role in a game about crime. The game just can not be trying to play on real life, SR is ANYTHING but attempting to emulate realism, so it works. 

I found a female you can bring along on hesits from doing a random event, though haven't decided to use her. She claimed to be a getaway driver but I found here dieing near a flipped over car running from the cops lol. Kind of skeptical :p

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, 21 September 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Yeah, definitely. I don't think a female couldn't fit into the crime world, just not in a game that is trying to emulate real life (even with all its satire and jokes, it is still attempting ot recreate a virtual real life). SR3 was the perfect example of how a female character can play the main role in a game about crime. The game just can not be trying to play on real life, SR is ANYTHING but attempting to emulate realism, so it works. 

I found a female you can bring along on hesits from doing a random event, though haven't decided to use her. She claimed to be a getaway driver but I found here dieing near a flipped over car running from the cops lol. Kind of skeptical :p
we have frank lol. Yeah, but I think my GTAO character will be female. I always enjoyed that.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by DymeDef, 21 September 2013 - 06:03 PM.

we have frank lol. Yeah, but I think my GTAO character will be female. I always enjoyed that.

I am hoping we can have multiple characters or be able to completely change any aspect of the creation process at any time.

Especially if the character wont look EXACTLY like it does in creation process as it does when you play. I have had this with several games and it is beyond annoying. Character looks great when you made it in that menu, but in the game its like almost a whole different face. The lighting needs to be good too.

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Female lead character just doesn't fit in the world of GTA.Why are people trying to push it?

There are other games with female characters like Tomb raider etc. which fit and are good,but not GTA.

I agree with you biran,men and women are not the same,they are completely different worlds.I don't buy that feminist bullsh*t.

• brian. likes this

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by Cilogy, 21 September 2013 - 06:14 PM.

Female lead character just doesn't fit in the world of GTA.Why are people trying to push it?

There are other games with female characters like Tomb raider etc. which fit and are good,but not GTA.

I agree with you biran,men and women are not the same,they are completely different worlds.I don't buy that feminist bullsh*t.

holy sh*t

your post coupled with your avatar, username, and sig are absolutely perfect

it's like something directly out of a GTA game

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by DymeDef, 21 September 2013 - 06:27 PM.

holy sh*t

Holy sh*t

Your post coupled with your sig and IQ go so well together.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

When I saw this thread, I knew that what was going to be going on here couldn't be good. Turns out I was right.

• macturbo likes this

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Oh yea, I'm totally closed minded for not feeding into feminist agenda and lying to young girls telling them they are the same as a man, or young boys telling them they are the same as a girl.

We are a different species. Marriage counselors make money reinforcing that FACT. In the crime world, there is no Nikita Bellic, and if there is, her job is not compatible with gameplay of GTA. Period.

It's hard enough to suspend belief for a game. You throw in something that simply does not exist in a game that is meant to be a real life social commentary, and it all goes out the window - OR - gameplay and role changes - thus, no longer GTA.

If you knew anything about the crime world, you'd know, there is no such thing as Carlita Johnson, and catalina was hard enough to stomach, and she was from before all the lies started being forced into the minds of young women and men everywhere.

We are not an equal species. This is not an equal opportunity gig. Women, IN THE CRIME WORLD, are whores, are arm candy, are hostesses and such, nothing more. Elizibetha was hard enough to believe. But you can see, she didn't go to work, Niko and Packie did.

Period.

You people who want Bayonetta: GTA, eat it, because all it shows is that you lack basic understanding of the series and really don't know anything about the real world.

How the f*ck you gonna put a woman in a serious crimnal role when we don't love them hoes? THE WHOLE GAME WOULD BE FAKE. Money over bitches ring a bell? And this is man's world -> As far as crime goes.

If Rockstar ever bends and gives this insane fantasy a go, it will be a pop mark on the history of GTA and the corniest game they ever made. Because it will be so different to make it believable, OR, it will be so unbelievable if it's not drastically changed. One or the other.

There is no such thing as Claudette Speed. There is no such thing as Kill Bill sh*t in real life, and you want that fake sh*t, go play bayonetta. Go play saints row. GTA is above the politically retarded. it is above the nonsense and lies. It exposes this nonsense. They will NEVER feed it. 

Let's dissect this constructively.

1. You claim you're not close minded, when in reality, your post is trying to reinforce stereotypes. It's true that most criminals are male, and that men, biologically, are stronger than women, but that doesn't mean there aren't female criminals. If I remember correctly, an Italian Mafia (the Camorra) had a female boss. In fact, the Pavanos in GTA IV had a female gang leader. This renders your argument moot.

2. You also go on that there's no such thing as a "Claudette Speed" and whatever. If we made movies "by logic", all our stories would be the same sh*t over and over again. I can also say there's no such thing as a middle aged white dude, young black dude trying to get out of the ghetto, and a troubled retired vet psychopath, but if we didn't think like that, we wouldn't have GTA V. Basically, if we kept thinking "there's no such thing as this", it would essentially kill creativity (and unfortunately, stereotypes like this are seemingly prevalent).

• macturbo likes this

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

R* shouldn't appease all of the femenist scum who have complained about their latsest game.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Oh yea, I'm totally closed minded for not feeding into feminist agenda and lying to young girls telling them they are the same as a man, or young boys telling them they are the same as a girl.

We are a different species. Marriage counselors make money reinforcing that FACT. In the crime world, there is no Nikita Bellic, and if there is, her job is not compatible with gameplay of GTA. Period.

It's hard enough to suspend belief for a game. You throw in something that simply does not exist in a game that is meant to be a real life social commentary, and it all goes out the window - OR - gameplay and role changes - thus, no longer GTA.

If you knew anything about the crime world, you'd know, there is no such thing as Carlita Johnson, and catalina was hard enough to stomach, and she was from before all the lies started being forced into the minds of young women and men everywhere.

We are not an equal species. This is not an equal opportunity gig. Women, IN THE CRIME WORLD, are whores, are arm candy, are hostesses and such, nothing more. Elizibetha was hard enough to believe. But you can see, she didn't go to work, Niko and Packie did.

Period.

You people who want Bayonetta: GTA, eat it, because all it shows is that you lack basic understanding of the series and really don't know anything about the real world.

How the f*ck you gonna put a woman in a serious crimnal role when we don't love them hoes? THE WHOLE GAME WOULD BE FAKE. Money over bitches ring a bell? And this is man's world -> As far as crime goes.

If Rockstar ever bends and gives this insane fantasy a go, it will be a pop mark on the history of GTA and the corniest game they ever made. Because it will be so different to make it believable, OR, it will be so unbelievable if it's not drastically changed. One or the other.

There is no such thing as Claudette Speed. There is no such thing as Kill Bill sh*t in real life, and you want that fake sh*t, go play bayonetta. Go play saints row. GTA is above the politically retarded. it is above the nonsense and lies. It exposes this nonsense. They will NEVER feed it. 

Let's dissect this constructively.

1. You claim you're not close minded, when in reality, your post is trying to reinforce stereotypes. It's true that most criminals are male, and that men, biologically, are stronger than women, but that doesn't mean there aren't female criminals. If I remember correctly, an Italian Mafia (the Camorra) had a female boss. In fact, the Pavanos in GTA IV had a female gang leader. This renders your argument moot.

2. You also go on that there's no such thing as a "Claudette Speed" and whatever. If we made movies "by logic", all our stories would be the same sh*t over and over again. I can also say there's no such thing as a middle aged white dude, young black dude trying to get out of the ghetto, and a troubled retired vet psychopath, but if we didn't think like that, we wouldn't have GTA V. Basically, if we kept thinking "there's no such thing as this", it would essentially kill creativity (and unfortunately, stereotypes like this are seemingly prevalent).

You quoted his post yet missed the entire point of it.

Congrats

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by Degrees, 21 September 2013 - 08:10 PM.

The odd female dealers I seen some skilled pick pockets around London. Usually Eastern europeans oh I do like those women. Yeah it can work has to be like Niko's story to make sense, no not because their European but the rags to slightly better off story is the only way it be realistic.

Edit but R* should have a female lead when they want to and feel it's time.

Pixie Stix
  • Pixie Stix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Yeh. I hear ya. I can be me.... A girl. A woman. And run a male character then any man. Idk they have a full on woman avi. I can f*ck a ho better then yo.

Pixie Stix
  • Pixie Stix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

And blow stuff up too .. Lol

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

f*ck yea. See you over by Wappinger and Harding tonight?

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 22 September 2013 - 12:47 PM.

"Lol brian.

Took it a bit too far, but I agree. It would not be gta with a female protagonist.

I used a female protagonist in saints Row because the game is not trying to emulate a real criminal syndicate. That game is all fake, so it works fine.

GTA is supposed to be reality with a little dose of over the top nonsense but in a reasonable manner. A female protagonist would make the game feel so cheesy and full of sh*t.

I'm all for female protagonists if it works. But when it doesn't and they try to just force it in, it's terrible."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL MAN

Sooooo cars blow up in real life like they do in GTA?

Government Agencies make moves on each other to prevent funding being funnelled to them in real life?

Someone killing a dozen police officers can just hide in a tunnel and wait til they call off the man-hunt for a cop killer in real life?

People can sustain large number of shots (bullets) to the body before being dropped in real life?

Drinking a soda can replinish our health in real life?

Rocket Launchers are left lying around in dark alleys in real life?

After being 'wasted' by the police/bad guys you respawn infront of a hospital good as new in real life?

I dont think you OR brian actually know what GTA is all about at all. Even though you both seem to be convinced of the opposite.

A female protaganist will do nothing but bring something different and new to the game. These characters arent realistic...sure they have realistic qualities. But theyre all exaggerated and blown out of proportions. You really think someone as violent and dangerous as Trevor would go free or live as long as he did? In real life someone like that would of ended up being shot dead by the police and the dash cam video of it would of ended up on the Wildest Police Videos.

GTA has been for the longest time. A means for the creators to make fun of American Culture. Just turn on any of the games Talk Show Radio Stations and youll hear nothing but stereotypes. Gun toting Rednecks, Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists, Con-Artists and Greedy Politicians. The Strangers and Freaks missions are a perfect example of this as well. 

And at least in the GTA IP/Universe Female Criminals are not that rare. Theres Catalina and Denise the Female Get A Way Driver Trevor runs into and apparently the female (living near a lighthouse) pushed the gardener off the damn cliff.

The point is all of the protaganists in the GTA games are hyped up exaggerations of male criminals. There is no reason why that cant apply to a female protaganist. And seeing as Rockstar has been building up this Multiple Characters thing since Red Dead Redemption and successfully applied it here in GTA 5. Its making a female protaganist even more likely and applicable.

• macturbo likes this

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:59 PM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 22 September 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Double Post :cry:

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

Two days later and this thread is still hilarious. It's like a frat house self-destructing.

holy sh*t

Holy sh*t

Your post coupled with your sig and IQ go so well together.

Thanks broski, I do my level best!  :colgate:

Starchs
  • Starchs

Potato chips

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

I really couldn't imagine a female as a protagonist... Don't take that the wrong way but could you imagine a woman, robbing a bank?

Yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users