» «
Photo

Rockstar discuss Next-Gen plans for GTA

14 replies to this topic
line of chop
  • line of chop

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by line of chop, 19 September 2013 - 07:11 PM.

“Of course we’re interested,” said Rockstar’s Dan Houser, “But no, not in terms of GTA, because we’re always working on the current game.”

“We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we’re working on further down the line. We don’t have another GTA in development, we don’t work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing. So, in terms of GTA, no.”

This is actually quite a tricky statement to try and interpret, and though Tuffcub (who found and wrote this post initially) disagrees with myself and Blair, I think it’s really quite non-commital. It states that there is no other GTA game in development, so no GTA 6 right now, but is a long way from ruling out a next generation of GTA V. In fact, Houser acknowledges that they’ve seen the PS4 and Xbox One.

“We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they’re planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions? Of course. But we’re not sat there fantasising about 10 years down the line. We’re so busy with what we’re doing right now.”

Houser did rule out any return to London for the GTA series, “My own personal feeling is that GTA is America. With this game, I think, we’re very happy with the location. It let us do something iconic.”

What do you think it sounds like Houser is saying?

http://www.thesixtha...-plans-for-gta/

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

cant read

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:12 PM Edited by CheesusChrist, 19 September 2013 - 07:14 PM.

I've readed these words days ago, maybe he did a repost or something :/

ChrisDorner
  • ChrisDorner

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Why would you pick that color nigga no one can read that sh*t

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Sounds like right now they are not planning on doing another GTA. Ask him in a couple of years and I think that will change

QQumber
  • QQumber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

OP the type of nigga to collect acorns.

GrandTheftAuto101
  • GrandTheftAuto101

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

They should make a GTA 6 and have the location set in Liberty City.

GlenTempest
  • GlenTempest

I f*ck cats.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

This is what it actually says...

“Of course we’re interested,” said Rockstar’s Dan Houser, “But no, not in terms of GTA, because we’re always working on the current game.”
“We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we’re working on further down the line. We don’t have another GTA in development, we don’t work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing. So, in terms of GTA, no.”
This is actually quite a tricky statement to try and interpret, and though Tuffcub (who found and wrote this post initially) disagrees with myself and Blair, I think it’s really quite non-commital. It states that there is no other GTA game in development, so no GTA 6 right now, but is a long way from ruling out a next generation of GTA V. In fact, Houser acknowledges that they’ve seen the PS4 and Xbox One.
“We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they’re planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions? Of course. But we’re not sat there fantasising about 10 years down the line. We’re so busy with what we’re doing right now.”
Houser did rule out any return to London for the GTA series, “My own personal feeling is that GTA is America. With this game, I think, we’re very happy with the location. It let us do something iconic.”
What do you think it sounds like Houser is saying?

DualDrive
  • DualDrive

Driving like a Maniac.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

LoL :bbq:

LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Of course they're doing another GTA, they just aren't planning it yet. I don't know where it would be though. I think if they wanted to go back to Vice City, it would have been for V to go in order (LC, VC, LS). Liberty City again would be lame. Las Venturas or San Fierro possibly... I thought London would be a good idea, but that won't happen, at least soon.

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Danny Longlegs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Just because it isn't happening now doesn't mean it won't happen. Grand Theft Auto is too much of a moneymaker for them to just stop making them. After Agent and their other mystery titles release, we're gonna get news about the next GTA. It always happens that way.

QQumber
  • QQumber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

GTA 6 will probably contain multiple cities. Detroit, Philly, Texas etc... maybe.

stockwiz
  • stockwiz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

they just said a whole bunch of nothing right there. I bet they have the PS4 version lined up for the launch and subsequent PC version to be released around that time frame.

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

rockstar say that all the time, the development for the next installment has already started and will keep quite, next game will be on next gen and im hoping for either a bully or midnight club

Jerrick
  • Jerrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

I think they might do RDR 2 before the next GTA. As for a location, I think Hawaii would be a good location for the next GTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users