Photo

Same cars always spawning!

18 replies to this topic
Frosty274
  • Frosty274

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

I did a search and couldnt find anything related to this so, ive been playing for 2 days now and realised that the same bunch of 15 or so cars keep spawning and will not change! The only way to randomise them is to restart my ps3. Is anyone else having this problem? Really frustrating as im looking for certain cars to tune!  :/

• Radius95 and doutee8 like this

Frosty274
  • Frosty274

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Bump, just want to know if anyone else is having the same problem. :/

AtomicDevil
  • AtomicDevil

Atomic Studio's & DevilDesigns

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Not really.
i see alot of diff cars etc...

but its familiar that gta has same car "bug"
This is a memory issue of current day consoles.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yes, I have the exact same problem on a 500 GB PS3 and I'm playing blue ray version. I always need to restart in order to see different cars.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Yes. I see a parade of the same cars sometimes. When you see ten or twelve priuses-look-alikes neatly rolling along in 3 rows, you know its time to restart.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Yes. I see a parade of the same cars sometimes. When you see ten or twelve priuses-look-alikes neatly rolling along in 3 rows, you know its time to restart.

That sounds like a different issue. Variety on screen is usually fine but the selection of cars spawning doesn't change over time.

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:16 AM Edited by vosszaa, 22 September 2013 - 08:38 AM.

It's the RAM issue. What I mean is there is not enough RAM left to generate other type of cars so the game use the same car model to save the RAM

Z1000
  • Z1000

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

It's not RAM issue. How GTAIV doesn't have that problem? It spawns same cars on the screen, but type of cars changing while you play. In V you can play for 5h and there always going to be same 10-15 cars :(

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

It's the RAM issue. What I mean is there is not enough RAM left to generate other type of cars so the game use the same car model to save the RAM

What users seem to be reporting sounds more like an actual bug. Yes, RAM limits number of models in memory, which explains why you frequently see many of the same car together, but the list is constantly changing, so it's going to be a different set of cars spawning.

If the list isn't refreshing, it could still be a hardware-related issue, but it's a bug either way. I would look into submitting a bug report, because the only way this gets fixed is with a patch.

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Don't have this problem on my xbox.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:40 AM Edited by Deacon Bosco, 22 September 2013 - 09:40 AM.

What users seem to be reporting sounds more like an actual bug. Yes, RAM limits number of models in memory, which explains why you frequently see many of the same car together, but the list is constantly changing, so it's going to be a different set of cars spawning.

If the list isn't refreshing, it could still be a hardware-related issue, but it's a bug either way. I would look into submitting a bug report, because the only way this gets fixed is with a patch.

I belive GTA IV had a similar issue, you could fix it by actually changing your car.

FlavouredMilk
  • FlavouredMilk

Good. Bad. I Am The Guy With The Gun.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Hey guys, I'm having the exact same issue.

I noticed through-out the story that every time I finished a mission a new group of vehicles would cycle in, but now the story is over, I'm stuck with a small selection of vehicles, there is the odd exception, but even they are repetitive. I tried restarting the game, console, reloading the save, going in to mission replay and even completing a strangers mission. The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the 8gb game data.

The only thing I can think is that I'm not online, so was there a day one patch or anything?

I also can't check back here often, so if a solution is found, could someone throw me a message here?

Cheers guys.

Vexikuri
  • Vexikuri

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Yesterday was the first day since it came out that I finally saw a Banshee, then realized that I didn't see any Bullets at all.  Still looking for the Cheetah.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

I will try reinstalling my game. I haven't started playing the story yet so I think I'll wait and see if Rockstar can patch this.

Glasgowsmile
  • Glasgowsmile

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yesterday I noticed this problem. I continued to see the same car getting spawned all over the map. 

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by vosszaa, 22 September 2013 - 03:20 PM.

It's not RAM issue. How GTAIV doesn't have that problem? It spawns same cars on the screen, but type of cars changing while you play. In V you can play for 5h and there always going to be same 10-15 cars :(

Vanilla GTA IV doesn't have RAM problem because the amount of pixel per car is rather low (lack of details). Try adding a mod car in the game and you will see a yellow cab everywhere. This is a well known problem of GTA IV

In GTA V most cars has so much details on them (especially the high end cars) hence why more RAM will be used. I've seen an hour of gameplay driving in a city full of low details SUV, Low Rider and Compact. Nothing else.

Radius95
  • Radius95

Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

When i first entered los santos i was like 'damn, different cars anywhere, looks much more realistic now! Plus, i can choose what car i want to hijack!' Now that i finished the story im like ' f*ck ME, THE SAME CAR EVERYWHERE!!! every street corner has its banshee, i never seen 8 dodge viper's and 6 range rovers in literally every single street in hollywood.' This is very dissapointing

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

When i first entered los santos i was like 'damn, different cars anywhere, looks much more realistic now! Plus, i can choose what car i want to hijack!' Now that i finished the story im like ' f*ck ME, THE SAME CAR EVERYWHERE!!! every street corner has its banshee, i never seen 8 dodge viper's and 6 range rovers in literally every single street in hollywood.' This is very dissapointing

For you, not everyone is having this problem, like me. I have been seeing like two new cars each day on the road then they stay, its strange. Never seen a stang untill yesterday, or a futo, now they are spawning everywhere. Today I loaded up the game and I so far have seen the gautlet so much now and I havent before, also have seen two Adders being driven actually not in the parking spot. Im loving it. 

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

its the same issue from the series this and last gen - its a coding issue

I have previous gta - SA and IV on a powerfull pc - 32GB ram, 2GB GPU and still have issues with the same car spawning

They need to write the code again from scratch , cause whatever they do its the same issue release after release,  in R*s defense,  its a spawning issue that is seen in the majority of games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users