Quantcast

» «
Photo

Character Switching Time *both consoles*

11 replies to this topic
high91
  • high91

L.S. Pro Racer...Drifting Expert. NO CATCHUP..NO SLIPSTREAM..

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Okay i own a 360, I have not seen a topic like mine. So what sort of times are you players experiencing when you switch between the three protagonists. Is there a certain time it should do it in; or is 10*11*12 seconds the average, I heard somewhere eight seconds and possibly shortening that with a patch (containing the optimizations).

Mine is never quick switching but also not long enough to be game breaking or annoying.

I have both discs installed.  No problems with the common complaints heard here about installing second disc.  But, are my switch times slower due to the fact i have second disc installed ? obviously i don't know.

360 Slim 250gb hdd

720p

1.4 compatible hdmi cable

42'' philips plasma hdmi

Any help or relevant information is bonus here :) i will like the good ones as well.

Thank you.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Sometimes it's very quick on my PS3 but sometimes it takes longer. I think it's due the game loading a scene for the player you selected.

• high91 likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Sometimes fast, sometimes slow....it seems as if the 'tracking satellites' are searching for my other person sometimes.

LOL....switched the Michael last night and he was driving around in a f*ckin' taxi? WTF? 

• high91 likes this

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:46 PM Edited by Hypertenzion, 19 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.

A person requested the same thing in the "Patch/Upgrade wishlist" thread and here goes the answer:

It's not possible to switch faster between the protagonists because of the limitations of current-gen console-hardware.

It requires a lot more memory than they currently have to be able to switch between the characters without the waiting time.

Remember: the entire map and its content is not loaded when you start up the game the first time, it's loaded on the fly as you move around. When you switch between protagonists, you do not move around and load things on the fly, you are actually requesting a certain area straight away.

• high91 likes this

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

This thread...

facepalm-300x216.jpg

high91
  • high91

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Mine acts as if its looking..then it zooms..stops..wobbles..then zooms and so on until the character.  Definitely between 10 to 13 seconds if i counted correctly. sometimes it seems quicker. :) any ideas how to make it faster guys? 

phipfwe76
  • phipfwe76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Mine takes the standard 10-ish seconds. I certainly don't mind, because the game is massive so it's understandable. I also like the satellite views.

• high91 likes this

high91
  • high91

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

This thread...

facepalm-300x216.jpg

Best one ive seen tonight :) got anymore amusing captions ?

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Mine acts as if its looking..then it zooms..stops..wobbles..then zooms and so on until the character.  Definitely between 10 to 13 seconds if i counted correctly. sometimes it seems quicker. :) any ideas how to make it faster guys? 

Did you even read what I just wrote?

It's NOT possible!

high91
  • high91

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Did you even read what I just wrote?

It's NOT possible!

come on man i read it after i wrote that and liked it..so what is your problem being an *ss for no reason? next time don't reply to my topics :)

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

For me, sometimes 4-5 seconds, sometimes 10 seconds, maybe it's because of the old consoles, but I don't really care.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

As far as I understand, the switching time depends entirely on how far the character you're switching to is from you. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users