Quantcast

» «
Photo

Waited for two years and I'm bored in 6 days.

196 replies to this topic
Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'm going to reply in the same generic fanboy way:

Get a life. Go play Saints Row. Go play GTA 4. You just rushed it; my way of playing it is the correct way. Oh my god no-one cares. GG fa**ot. Omfg stfu. fa**ot, fa**ot.

fa**ot. Gtfo.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Lol for all the people who say

"Omg I have played for 30 f*cking hours and im like 9% in)

Wtf have you been doing for 30 hours? Stealing planes etc is fun.... for about 1 hour tops.... It seems you guys are the boring bastards

Exploring? being creative? like others have said GTA is a sandbox game, if you lack creativity thats your problem, personally I easily clocked 5 hours as a cab driver in the early days when i only had franklin, so that i could afford a proper gun, when I could afford the gun I drove around robbing 24/7's which i had marked as points of intrest as I drove around as a cab driver. (the amount of diffrent responses to a attempted 24/7 robbery is awesome). I easily spent 4-5 hours on the robbing stuff.

And the golf "minigame" is absolutely amazing, Im not a big golf fan, but its was far more complex then i had imagined and the skill curve involved in it makes it alot of fun, easily another 5 hours.

And don't get me started on just driving around, or cycling on mountain paths, checking how daring you can be while flying planes or helicopters. (landing on blimp and c4'ing it is quite fun)

Not to mention underwater exploration, there are so many wrecks to be found down there.

Or using the cargobob to hijack vehicles on the highway.

pfft this reply just made me realise just how much I have to look forward to when I complete the story for the second time around!

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yeah, after the campaign and the map exploration is a bit boring :\, i hope for the multiplayer now

Rocknroll85
  • Rocknroll85

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Iam sorry, you just officialy said that you no longer are a gamer..

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by lazedout, 23 September 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Wtf have you been doing for 30 hours? Stealing planes etc is fun.... for about 1 hour tops.... It seems you guys are the boring bastards

Exploring? being creative? like others have said GTA is a sandbox game, if you lack creativity thats your problem, personally I easily clocked 5 hours as a cab driver in the early days when i only had franklin, so that i could afford a proper gun, when I could afford the gun I drove around robbing 24/7's which i had marked as points of intrest as I drove around as a cab driver. (the amount of diffrent responses to a attempted 24/7 robbery is awesome). I easily spent 4-5 hours on the robbing stuff.

And the golf "minigame" is absolutely amazing, Im not a big golf fan, but its was far more complex then i had imagined and the skill curve involved in it makes it alot of fun, easily another 5 hours.

And don't get me started on just driving around, or cycling on mountain paths, checking how daring you can be while flying planes or helicopters. (landing on blimp and c4'ing it is quite fun)

Not to mention underwater exploration, there are so many wrecks to be found down there.

pfft this reply just made me realise just how much I have to look forward to when I complete the story for the second time around!

LOL are you f*ckING kidding me? If I wanted to play GTA to be a god damn cab driver I would get a real cab driving job and at least get paid. Are you serious? You all are so funny telling others the "proper" way to play a video game when there is no "proper" way to play a sand box, pretty ironic. I don't know why its so hard to understand that it gets boring after a while for some. Im 75% done with about 42 hours clocked and its slowly but surely getting boring. For you to tell me I rushed it because I didnt't play cab driver (boring as f*ck) for 5 hours is a joke. 

There are things to do but its not as varied as you guys make it out to be (KEY words are: In My Opinion). Some people just remain entertained longer than others.

Hunting gets boring extremely quickly as its not really a challenge at all and the animals just look plain bad. I had to give the mountain lion a second glance to confirm what it actually was. (and don't tell me I dont know sh*t about animals because I know very much actually)

Parachuting is fun admittedly but for how long? Robbing stores is pointless if you already have 20+ million. The random events get old after you've seen like 5+ times each. Add to that the lack of a good physics engine for shooting (rag doll/gore, IMO again, compare to MP3 and its literally a joke and huge downgrade) it limits the long term fun I can have. Again its my opinion don't get but hurt and say go play saints row. 

I am looking forward to GTAO though.

Winston Smith
  • Winston Smith

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

I've put in over 1000+ hours on a single game before so I don't see myself getting bored with GTA V anytime soon.  Feel sorry for the OP. 

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

LOL are you f*ckING kidding me? If I wanted to play GTA to be a god damn cab driver I would get a real cab driving job and at least get paid. Are you serious? You all are so funny telling others the "proper" way to play a video game when there is no "proper" way to play a sand box, pretty ironic. I don't know why its so hard to understand that it gets boring after a while for some. Im 75% done with about 42 hours clocked and its slowly but surely getting boring. For you to tell me I rushed it because I didnt't play cab driver (boring as f*ck) for 5 hours is a joke. 

There are things to do but its not as varied as you guys make it out to be (KEY words are: In My Opinion). Some people just remain entertained longer than others.

Hunting gets boring extremely quickly as its not really a challenge at all and the animals just look plain bad. I had to give the mountain lion a second glance to confirm what it actually was. (and don't tell me I dont know sh*t about animals because I know very much actually)

Parachuting is fun admittedly but for how long? Robbing stores is pointless if you already have 20+ million. The random events get old after you've seen like 5+ times each. Add to that the lack of a good physics engine for shooting (rag doll/gore, IMO again, compare to MP3 and its literally a joke and huge downgrade) it limits the long term fun I can have. Again its my opinion don't get but hurt and say go play saints row. 

Proper way? nah, but when you choose to ignore 80% of the features, you got no right to whine when you are done after 40 hours of playing only story missions with auto aim on.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

I rushed the campaign and was dissapointed then it hit me- I overhyped, so I restarted the game and now i'm taking it at a slower pace, do some missions, side missions, explore for a bit.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:12 PM Edited by lazedout, 23 September 2013 - 05:14 PM.

Proper way? nah, but when you choose to ignore 80% of the features, you got no right to whine when you are done after 40 hours of playing only story missions with auto aim on.

So please name 80% of the features I missed.

I beat the story. All stranger missions. I played golf, played tennis, went to the strip club, experienced all random events. Re-did the heists to try out the different options, redid the ending mission A and B. Customized the best cars in the game. Bought all but 1 or 2 properties. Did the racing (admittedly not offroad yet) went to the mountains several times to be wanted when I killed a lone hiker with a silenced pistol. Ive parachuted several times but not off of all the areas, not much different though. Bought planes, attack chopper and tank and rampaged with them, checked out different gang territories to start gunfights with gangs. Hunted (which was boring as explained above), hunted sharks and explored parts of the ocean (also boring and effort could have been better used elsewhere)  So did I miss 80% of the features? Im sure a missed a few, but still you get my point

JRolly
  • JRolly

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

The country side is actually full of empty mountains, sad but true

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:22 PM Edited by lazedout, 23 September 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Yeah it is empty. People make it out to be some lush oasis with something to discover around every corner. I think some of you have too much of an imagination. The same animals pop up in lame unbelievable fashion.

Also munx you say "complete in 40 hours using auto aim" 

Sorry but the aiming is absolutely crap and clunky without auto aim. (which is why I wish I had this on PC) You die so quickly and the AI is way to accurate. Not using auto aim in a lot of those missions is a chore when fighting against 30+ people, and trust me Im not one to use auto aim usually and I wont when playing GTAO.

highland0wolf
  • highland0wolf

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

Now Rockstar said the game will all be about heists. 

Spoiler

highland0wolf
  • highland0wolf

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

After the story missions, I'm going to work on getting to +$150 mil so I can purchase that golf course and make bank weekly from that. Use the weekly earnings to invest in other businesses/properties so I can trick out as many cars as I want. Even if it takes me over a full year I'm going to do it.

all three characters money at the end of the game combined dosent come even romotly close to that amount

S l a d e
  • S l a d e

Picture above is accurate description of me

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I think when Online is out that'll pump many of us up who are a little bored ATM. As fun as it is playing with M, T & F, I want to see my own guy make the big bucks and rise to become a fat cat.

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I've played 20 hours and only just completed the 2nd heist. Loving the game so much, although it does seem to be lacking some of that magic I felt when I first played Vice City and San Andreas.

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

If the most expensive videogame ever produced in the history of mankind bores you in six days, then I don't think videogames are for you. You cannot call yourself a true lover of videogames, and especially GTA, if that is the case.

budget doesn't mean sh*t, people like you are sell outs...

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

After the story missions, I'm going to work on getting to +$150 mil so I can purchase that golf course and make bank weekly from that. Use the weekly earnings to invest in other businesses/properties so I can trick out as many cars as I want. Even if it takes me over a full year I'm going to do it.

all three characters money at the end of the game combined dosent come even romotly close to that amount

Not if you wait until the end to do lesters missions and bet on the companies he hints at. You can get a lot of $ that way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users