Quantcast

» «
Photo

Waited for two years and I'm bored in 6 days.

196 replies to this topic
djdecks2
  • djdecks2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

So many assholes on this forum.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

That's a perfect example of why you should never overhype things to death. You will always be disappointed no matter WHAT the outcome.

Holy sh*t.
This x1000

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Go play call of duty. I'm sure that simpleton game is exactly what you want.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

That's a perfect example of why you should never overhype things to death. You will always be disappointed no matter WHAT the outcome.

Holy sh*t.
This x1000

Concur.

Plus, don't forget to account for aging. Your morning piss doesn't even live up to expectations past 30.

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by MikeyB, 20 September 2013 - 06:51 PM.

I actually like it.

I know it's not fashionable here to like V, but I do.

There. I've said it.

I don't care if I am ostracised for my extreme views.

My only niggle is that I do not yet know the city and I feel lost all the time. I am looking forward though to driving these streets for years to come and getting to know LS, and SA in general, like the back of my hand.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

just leave the forums and start playing saints row  :panic:

We ask more realism, why do you keep saying go to "saints row"? The driving is like in Saints Row, sucks as hell. We want GTA IV driving and deformation (vehicle health) back, and other mechanics...

Who the f*ck is the 'we' you keep talking about? you realize the majority are happy with the game, so you, my friend, are the minority, go away and complain somewhere else. 

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

We ask more realism, why do you keep saying go to "saints row"? The driving is like in Saints Row, sucks as hell. We want GTA IV driving and deformation (vehicle health) back, and other mechanics...

Who the f*ck is the 'we' you keep talking about? you realize the majority are happy with the game, so you, my friend, are the minority, go away and complain somewhere else. 

I thought it was pretty clear that he meant him and his 3 friends in grade 6.

Then again, the've probably played the game while he hasn't.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I've been only playing missions, but that's because I'm so addicted to it. We haven't had a fresh GTA story in over 5 years! Use some imagination OP, that's what GTA's all about.

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

I don’t understand these kids today. They play the game for 48hrs straight and beat it and get mad because they are already done and have no more missions to beat. It’s like a kid at a party that eats all his candy the first 5 minutes he gets it then gets mad all the other kids still have candy at the end of the night when he doesn’t have any and wants more now and then starts complaining how awful the candy, the party, etc etc  is. I’ve put about 20hrs so far into it and I’m not even on the 2nd heist yet. ooooo i forgot kids don't have imagination these days so they can't create their own

stories

Smokin Aces
  • Smokin Aces

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

OP. Go down to your local tattoo shop and get a "Forums4Life" Tatty. Bwhaha

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Jeez, well I remember trying to play GTAIV again and wondered how I even did it because it was so boring.

But in GTAV there is much much more to offer the player. Its fun just walking around talking to people. Sorry if you're bored of it bro that really sucks.

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

White-skinned N-word.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

I got it in the 17th and Im addicted but not blown away. Strange. Probably 40% through the story, had been waiting for 2 years too. And f*cking afraid of ending up like OP.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

"The same as GTA IV". Are you stupid?

Yes.... The same, you go shoot stuff blow up stuff and drive round a map ? Sorry forgot you don't do that in IV so yes I'm stupid fanny boy.

LOL. If you don't appreciate the large map with the extraordinary scenery, the enjoyable mini-games and laughable random encounters, then you're an idiot. You can shoot stuff and blow stuff up in all GTA's, does that make them all, and all of their stories the same? No.

BlackTiger999
  • BlackTiger999

Swedish Police Unit

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Dude, play and experience the city. There most be something that you haven't done. Play with cheats, try out new features or do achievements/trophies. 

Enterprise
  • Enterprise

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

i have spent about 40h with this game since release and i still like it even though i have actually done all main and side missions

but theres still stuff i can do like go scuba diving which i havent done in free roam yet or level all stats up to the max...and by the time im done online should be around

Hristov1984
  • Hristov1984

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Next time you wait for a game this long, take my advice and take it slowly when you get your hands on it. It's like a glass of fine wine- no bottoms up, first tease yourself with it, then take a sip (or two) of it and and leave the rest for the incoming days. It took me a month to finish GTA IV for the first time.

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:17 PM Edited by ryantoma, 23 September 2013 - 04:18 PM.

think ive put in between 35 - 45 hours, 55% through, sooo much more i wanna do and struglling to find the time to. So OP, your wrong. Your like one of these dudes who cant watch a normal film because its too boring, and find stuff like transformers or films with bombs and action and planes flying into the ground with the hero hanging out shooting rockets at tanks below with the whole city going up in smoke because of the chaos hes caused.

No brain. Nothing up there. Simple guy.

Mr.Nigs
  • Mr.Nigs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

I think a lot of the work is going into the multiplayer experience. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there will be 300 missions available once the online gets going.... and I am assuming the majority of those will be heists. Also they will be adding more as it goes along. They Rockstar dev team said their dream is to have a GTA world inhabited by players (obviously this just wouldn't work) but their online experience is coming close to that.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by Munx, 23 September 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Jeez, well I remember trying to play GTAIV again and wondered how I even did it because it was so boring.

But in GTAV there is much much more to offer the player. Its fun just walking around talking to people. Sorry if you're bored of it bro that really sucks.

I remeber playing gta iv again before release and easily finishing it in 3 days, not sure how people can whine about gta v content.. There plenty to do unless you are one of those nuubcakes that play with auto aim (of course its gonna be quick and easy if everything dies the moment it enters your screen.)

Biggest gta v flaw is not having it set to free aim by default.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'm still not bored. There's tons to do. I've already clocked 60+ hours since the 17th. 

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Pre order= Cancelled

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

It's a sandbox, ofcourse you'll run out of missions in a few days. Enjoy the sandbox, it's better than all other GTAs and GTA Online will definitely add to that.

If you don't like sandboxes or lack creativity then you could consider buying a different game. There's more to GTA V than flying and the storyline. :pp

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

In before the PCers say thats why the PC version is far superior.......,

oops too late :/

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

You seem to be the only one around here with some sense. Rockstar f*cked up with their engine with LA Noire and this GTA V is their attempt to fix that. I would saw they have got it 50% right but no where near gta. You hit a kerb and the cars body moves as if its at a fixed height above the ground and the wheels don't affect the actual drive.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

May I also add that when you achieve 100%, you haven't necesarilly done everything. To gain 100% completion, you don't need to complete all of the activities, all of the events and not even all of the strangers & freaks sidemissions. You have to complete a fraction of these. For example, you don't need to complete the Epsilon strangers & freaks sidemissions for 100%. 

My point is, even once you've got 100% you've still got loads to do and look out for as well as roam around and experience the beautiful scenery in the game.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

how can you get bored in a game with so much stuff to do o.O 30 hours in a not one single bit bored 

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Some people don't seem to realize that extra content means it's better all by itself.  Sure it's better than nothing at all, but it largely depends on the quality of said content.

Things like yoga, tennis, and golf haven't proven to be anything deep or interesting or fun.  Honestly I've had more fun hunting animals in Red Dead Redemption as there are more varied animals, and you can skin them and sell the materials - here there are only so few and the trouble with selling them is really tedious.  Car upgrades are just about pointless as they are near invincible already, and are not very fun to drive.  A bit more fun to drive offroading, but not by much, and while there are some interesting places to see, they are spread far apart over seemingly useless parts of the map.

There's not much to spend money on other than businesses, which only give you more useless money - very similar problem Saints Row 3 had.  I should be glad that there is at least a little bit of involvement with some of them.  Still, no purchasable safehouses, not too many interesting interiors, stock is interesting but again there's not much a point to it.

I'm not even done with the story and I can already tell that unless they patch stuff like the driving, I'm not going to have much fun just fooling around until October 1st.  The one thing that might be interesting(if it doesn't just turn out to be some dumbass DLC) is the whole ordeal with UFOs and Mt Chilliad that no one has figured out yet.

I agree with a few point here. And is it more or do the animals look worse in this game than in RDR? Hell in RDR it was fun just shooting birds out of the sky. 

Todmcfly
  • Todmcfly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

I personally have a hard time motivating myself to do the main story mission!!! There's too much other sh*t I wander off and go do. Now I'm focused on the parachuting. There's so much to do have the time I just drive around and do what ever I feel like at the time

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Lol for all the people who say

"Omg I have played for 30 f*cking hours and im like 9% in)

Wtf have you been doing for 30 hours? Stealing planes etc is fun.... for about 1 hour tops.... It seems you guys are the boring bastards

• GTAspotter likes this

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

I've completed the story and i cannot wait to go back and play the game. I think you miss the whole point of GTA games. If you guys play MMOs i can bet that you play themepark ones and not the sandbox ones ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users