Unless you're ALREADY in a mostly undamaged sports car. $h1t's ridiculous. Tips?
and I'm not trying to come across as a d**k. But that's how I read your post. Avoiding/escaping the cops is real easy.
1. get the hell out of the red highlighted trouble area. They automatically know where you are if you insist on remaing in the local trouble spot.
2. stay out of the police blue search cones. The cops will thoroughly search the immediate area of a crime scene regardless of your wanted level. So go several blocks away from the crime scene ASAP. If you fall within the blue search cone areas while trying to do this, it will reset the police search cones and turn them white. At which point, the copys will automatically reacquire and pinpoint your location again. So get as far as you can away from the crime area at the earliest opportunity.
3. Break the police line of sight by frequently turning corners and/or hiding behind corners. You could literally keep circling the same block in a car chase and loose the cops this way. Getting out of the car and hiding around a corner helps this a lot. But this way would take some time.
4. If you're outside the police blue search cones (and assuming you don't have a chopper on your @$$) then jack a vehicle at your earliest opportunity. Dispatcher AI will immediately lose track of you--unless the victim or a ped either uploads a photo of your crime or reports you to the police.
I've found #2 to #4 the quickest ways to drop your 1-2 star level to normal again.
5. At 3 star level, eliminate the helos at your first opportunity. These come after your @$$ at the 3 star level, so keep a rocket launcher handy. If it spots you, all law enforcement in los santos will knows where you are (which you already know from past experience). So either take these out with an RPG, or shake them by running under bridges, escaping into a tunnels and/or then runing like hell to the nearest mod shop.
Edited by PkUnzipper, 19 September 2013 - 07:47 PM.