Quantcast

» «
Photo

Tell me why it's impossible to outrun the police.

87 replies to this topic
dryim90
  • dryim90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Unless you're ALREADY in a mostly undamaged sports car. $h1t's ridiculous. Tips?

TheUberCactus
  • TheUberCactus

The Uber Cactus

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Ridiculous? I am sorry to hear you can only respect a game if you can just bolt everywhere why don't you enjoy how far gaming has come? Seriously relax it is called realism and you CAN outrun them...Cross country, actual driving, not being a noob

picklez08
  • picklez08

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by picklez08, 19 September 2013 - 05:08 PM.

I haven't had any trouble getting away from police, so can't really help. I have only had 3 stars though, 4 stars once perhaps.

If you drive on a train track or something like that. Find somewhere to hide instead of blindly going max speed on 1 road, use sideroads etc.

DA-FUNK-5555
  • DA-FUNK-5555

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Turn down more back ally ways. also if possible get out of the car and get in a new one. your right you cannot just out run them you have to try and out smart them.

• Amanny59 likes this

dryim90
  • dryim90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

what are you talking about? I was in a brand new suv just trying to escape from them. they kept catching up to my car and banging it up until it was undriveable. the moment i get out to get into a new car they shoot me up like 50 cent. If that's being a noob then whatever

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by Rafe, 19 September 2013 - 05:14 PM.

What ? really ? GTA 5's cops are at a tremendous disadvantage to GTA 4's cops. The driving physics provide you more options than you ever had and mistakes are less likely to disable your ability to escape. I have not been caught once.  I would suggest trying to memorize the map a little and determine where some parking structures or alleyways are. Cops are horrible at navigating alleys. 

If you want real training go play GTA 4 and try to escape cops, without using long straight roads, in standard common vehicles. You really shouldn't be having trouble if you use cornering.

Once cops lose visual of you SLOW DOWN and focus on the map, observe the blue dots. See what they are doing. The game changes here you must select the best road or path so you are not detected again. I have, on over 70% of pursuits been able to duck into an alley or parking structure, at this stage of the chase, and lost my wanted level while cops are rather close..

You really have no excuse of inability to escape.. Corner man.

If you a playing Franklin you have even less excuse. You know how to use his special right?

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

you should watch the movie Drive and take some tips.. not everything is about "outrunning" or speed.. i have hidden from police in plain sight while going 20mph.. a cop was on the other side of the highway and i was beside a large dump truck moving along. the cop drove right by and never saw me.. wanted level was gone in seconds. 

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by Rafe, 19 September 2013 - 05:20 PM.

you should watch the movie Drive and take some tips.. not everything is about "outrunning" or speed.. i have hidden from police in plain sight while going 20mph.. a cop was on the other side of the highway and i was beside a large dump truck moving along. the cop drove right by and never saw me.. wanted level was gone in seconds. 

Yeah that Drive technique does actually work but you cannot be directly behind a police car like the driver was. Still , stealth mechanics in a car = pretty awesome. 

I have witnessed cops driving in one direction make quick 180s so as you are watching that minimap make sure you are constantly moving to the area with fewer red dots.

Not sure drive has much else to offer though as there are no sporting events you can take advantage of and you can't disappear into large groups of car and people like assassins creed 

dryim90
  • dryim90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

lol youre all insinuating that I'm trying to go mach 100 to "outrun" them but that's not what's at discussion here. When I meant "already in a mostly undamaged sports car" i meant that, that car has the ability to cut corners quick and be agile to avoid their little radars. But when i was in an suv that was completely out of the question. they were pushing my car for several blocks no matter how many corners i cut; and it's impossible to hide if they're kissing your bumper

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Its not I get away all the time

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 19 September 2013 - 05:24 PM.

lol youre all insinuating that I'm trying to go mach 100 to "outrun" them but that's not what's at discussion here. When I meant "already in a mostly undamaged sports car" i meant that, that car has the ability to cut corners quick and be agile to avoid their little radars. But when i was in an suv that was completely out of the question. they were pushing my car for several blocks no matter how many corners i cut; and it's impossible to hide if they're kissing your bumper

sry but GTA V doesn't seem like it's for you. maybe go back to COD or whatever you play

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

I have never been busted and have had stars 85 times according to my stats

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:25 PM Edited by Rafe, 19 September 2013 - 05:26 PM.

You are not going to  be able to outrun the police in most situations directly. You have to use the environment strategically. game AI has terrible ability to navigate non-street environments. You need to consider using alley ways. Once you enter an alleyway cops are likely to lose it in these narrow environments, You break pursuit here and now you can outrun them..

Then you enter the 2nd stage where its' map watching. 

Consider replaying the first mission where franklin steals a car with Lamar. They drive through a series of parkin structures.. Find them and use these parking structures in future pursuits. Basically rerun the race as you did in the mission but with the intent to lose cops. 

really there is that initial point in a pursuit where you get rammed in the ass. This always tends to happen, expect this and plan to immediately correct for loss of control. 

• dryim90 likes this

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Improve your driving and learn to cut corners/turns very sharply, this will help you gain some distance in front of them. And then once you've gained enough distance, try hiding in an alley or somewhere on the main route. 

• dryim90 likes this

Hordriss
  • Hordriss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

I've not got up to a 5 start wanted level as yet, however, I've been able to evade the police everytime I've been wanted so far, including several times with a 4 star level.  You just gotta be smart sand look for places you can hide - use railways, alleys and such like.

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

I've noticed that swerving side to side keeps the cops from ramming the back bumper. At least I think it does. If you just drive straight they can ram you all over the road. You just have to be smart with your driving and learn to adapt to the situation and your surroundings.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

This isnt GTA IV where you just choose a straight road and drive as fast as possible.

You have to be creative. Break line of site, and find places to hide. Its much more intuitive

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I always outrun them. When I am out of their line of sight, I just find a hiding spot, turn my headlights off and wait for them to pass by without noticing me. With that the wanted level is done.

quidyg
  • quidyg

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

it's pretty easy to out run police, even then just hide down an alley way where they cant spot you and turn the car lights off

dryim90
  • dryim90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

thank you to the non haters who heard out my problem and gave tips; appreciate that. non-reading haters thank you for being god apparently and never losing in this game. keep doing you.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

I do like how they've improved, although I gotta say these cops are f*cking hard to lose lol. If you're well prepared in a fast sports car yeah, you can lose em easily. But right now I'm on a mission where you need to drive a slow ass truck somewhere in three minutes, plus you gotta lose the cops first. Just forget about outrunning them because they'll just be bumping your ass lol, you gotta hide, except you waste too much time with that so you won't make it in time... On my second try I was like a few feet away from the destination marker when my time ran out.... Arghh...

• dryim90 likes this

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

I can escape on foot if I have a headstart. The cops are crazy-lethal but at least the AI makes since this time.

Like other people said, go down alleys.

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

The only issue I have with the cops in this game is that they react to EVERYTHING.  I miss being able to bump a person onto the ground and have them get arrested when they retaliate.  The cops are NEVER around until you win a fight.  Or start one.  Then, they're EVERYWHERE.

jivex5k
  • jivex5k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

You need to hide more!
Hiding behind trucks works well. Turning down alleyways, getting out and hopping a fence.

Making crazy jumps off highways and such....just get the heck outta there!

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by SmC12, 19 September 2013 - 06:29 PM.

The new wanted system is definately more challenging and the AI far smarter, but it simply requires a little more thinking to outrun them. Think like a real criminal, if your car is hot, swap it out with another one (if you had just stole an awesome sports car, I've found recent cars to generally stay where you left them for a while, so come back for it later), the police will drive right past you at least initially. Use the stealth mode to stay quiet and hidden in alleyways, go off the beaten path a little etc. 

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

The only time the police managed to catch me was when i accidently clipped a cop car while on my bike, otherwise i've never been busted/wasted. I try to break the line of site and then outrun  them on foot usually, crouch as soon as you think you're in a good hiding spot and just pray they give up looking before they find you.

Eddyboy90
  • Eddyboy90

His Name Was Death And Hell Followed With Him

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

not hard at all i got away from them in a big ass truck

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Problem isn't you can't get away, but it takes faaaar too long to wait for the wanted stars to go away, you either have to stop moving at all or avoid every cop car while driving, which ruins the fun.

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

It's really not that hard. Drive down some back alley, race between traffic. Run on foot, jump over some walls. There are plenty of ways to get away from the police. You just have to think on your feet and keep your eyes open for good places to go. Just speeding down a high way no longer works.

IMO I love the way police chases work now. It makes for a much more intense getaway. My favorite chase so far was up in T's area. I robbed a 711, bolted to my car. End up crashing alone some back country road. Got into a shoot out for a few mins. Took off running once the chopper showed up. I found a 4 wheeler. Jumped on that and took off. I had a chopper with it's spot light on me at night as I'm flying over sandy dunes and highway police cars off in the distance chasing after me. I ended up crashing the quad and dying :p But it was fun!

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Cops are more aggressive at finding you in GTAV, but its balanced by the fact that they have to have you in line of sight.  It just means you have to be strategic to escape instead of trying to outrun them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users