Photo

Best ways to get health?

15 replies to this topic
phipfwe76
  • phipfwe76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

Whenever I'm low on health, I always used to swing by the Burger Shot or Cluckin Bell. Now those days are gone. Is there really any other way to replenish health aside from finding a rare health pack or bumping into a stray soda machine?

footsoldier
  • footsoldier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

in each characters house there is a health pack in the bathroom also try the hospitals they have health packs outside on the walls.

trenken
  • trenken

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Really wish they just kept it how RDR is. It drives me nuts and ruins the flow of the game for me when I have to run around to randomly find ways to get health. It always bothered me about GTA games and is a big part of why I like RDR more.

Its the little crap that I dont want to have to worry about. Let me keep pressing forward into the game and dont force me to go out of my way to heal up again. Ugh

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

phipfwe76
  • phipfwe76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Okay, so at least I know I'm not missing anything.

That kind of sucks, but it's certainly not a game breaker for me. I just like virtual greasy food.  :colgate:

Doesabearshytinthewoods
  • Doesabearshytinthewoods

You want me to get my dick out again?

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

go to gas station stores they sell food that will heal you

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Vending machines? Or just wait till it heals with time.

Or maybe try swap characters and then back again. (haven't tried that but may as well give it a go)

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

I thought there was health regeneration?

kevindurant
  • kevindurant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

it only heals you up to half hp. so stupid....

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:38 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 16 November 2013 - 12:40 AM.

God, the health system is a joke. Even with the Strength stat maxed out, you can't take as much damage as in GTA IV. Armor is almost useless as it'll run out within seconds. It also pisses me off how your health only regenerates (halfway) when you're standing completely still. This is one of the few flaws that prevents GTA V from being my favourite in the series.

There should have been an upgrade like in 3D Era games where you could increase your health.

• drr26 and SJ_X like this

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

I found that character switching is the most effective way since it refills your health to max...Armor on the other hand irritates me for reasons mentioned above, and the fact you can lose it in other ways than just taking a bullet. There is a convenient armor pickup I discovered recently under the freeway in LS (in the homeless shelter lying on top of a couch).

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

God, the health system is a joke. Even with the Strength stat maxed out, you can't take as much damage as in GTA IV. Armor is almost useless as it'll run out within seconds. It also pisses me off how your health only regenerates (halfway) when you're standing completely still. This is one of the few flaws that prevents GTA V from being my favourite in the series.

There should have been an upgrade like in 3D Era games where you could increase your health.

Agree and the upgrade would have made it just acceptable. Also need the juggs suit for use whenever you want (even if for a large fee)

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

It's a better health system than RDR. If you were expecting to be invincible you can use the invincibility cheat.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

To the original topic, "Best ways to get health?"  Hookers.  :colgate:

It's a better health system than RDR. If you were expecting to be invincible you can use the invincibility cheat.

But invincibility only lasts 5 minutes.  It runs out just at the time when you have 5 stars and 50 cops / swat vehicles completely surrounding you, all shooting at once.  No chance of entering that cheat code again in that situation before you are hamburger. 

Totally agree.  The armor seems to be almost useless and costs big bucks.  And going way out of the way to scoop up nearly useless armor for free is ridiculous. 

Having health regenerate only to half would be OK, IF we could also carry some kind of health packs to top it off to full.  When I saw some of the snacks from 24/7 (like the P's & Q's) in my inventory, I thought, great, a health pack on the run!  But they don't do anything.  Why are they in inventory??

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

The police station in Paleto Bay has a first aid kit around back and body armor nearby next to the dumpsters. It's also right across the street from one of the armored car events. That's worth the trip for me.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

To the original topic, "Best ways to get health?"  Hookers.  :colgate:

But invincibility only lasts 5 minutes.  It runs out just at the time when you have 5 stars and 50 cops / swat vehicles completely surrounding you, all shooting at once.  No chance of entering that cheat code again in that situation before you are hamburger. 

Totally agree.  The armor seems to be almost useless and costs big bucks.  And going way out of the way to scoop up nearly useless armor for free is ridiculous. 

Having health regenerate only to half would be OK, IF we could also carry some kind of health packs to top it off to full.  When I saw some of the snacks from 24/7 (like the P's & Q's) in my inventory, I thought, great, a health pack on the run!  But they don't do anything.  Why are they in inventory??

They do work! P&Q'S dont do much, one of the choc bars does like 1/8 at a time! Works in online too, great for survival or missions.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Really wish they just kept it how RDR is. It drives me nuts and ruins the flow of the game for me when I have to run around to randomly find ways to get health. It always bothered me about GTA games and is a big part of why I like RDR more.

Its the little crap that I dont want to have to worry about. Let me keep pressing forward into the game and dont force me to go out of my way to heal up again. Ugh

Ya know what, I actually have to agree with you.

I feel like they wanted to go the RDR route but couldn't because of all the cry baby nostalgia kiddies who think health regen is a bad thing. So Rockstar only went halfway through with it thinking this would be okay. It's not okay, in fact it barely helps at all. You can get one hit killed at half health with an unlucky headshot, so what the f*ck difference does it make. Just push the regen to full and call it a day

• G.S.T likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users