Quantcast

» «
Photo

The reason why people like the current damage system.

48 replies to this topic
WiZe420
  • WiZe420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Because they f*cking suck and can't drive worth sh*t. The only argument i've seen against having more damage is that it would be annoying and you would have to get a new car every time you crash. Then get better and don't crash you f*cking noobs. f*cking casuals.

• Tuniturntablist, K20, AlasClarin and 3 others like this

Archangelsky
  • Archangelsky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

I may not have worded myself like that but I think you got a point, it further deters from the more realistic approach I would have hoped that GTA V would take. In games with good handling and damage like GTA IV and Mafia II I have no problem at all to drive for quite a while without wrecking my car or having minor damage.

For me it is one of the added reasons to like an open world game, you got to drive within your skill level and take care of your car and from what I am reading it takes a bit less skill to drive well in GTA V which is a shame. However I am most surprised on how arcade like they made both the damage and the handling, a bit closer to GTA IV or even better Mafia II would be nice. Now it looks like the cars do not have enough weight to them.

I am happy to be a PC gamer to put it like that, still hope for me.

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Ehh I don't know,I'm pretty sure there are others out there like myself ,who beasted IV's driving and still enjoy the current damage physics.
  • Foxhunt, DeafMetal and Deba515 like this

JJD
  • JJD

Santa

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

Well you sound like your a pro player by calling everyone noob and sh*t. If your so pro then you shouldn't have to worry about the damage system because you dont suck.
  • Udrift likes this

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

You have to be a real nerd to get so worked up about a video games damage model system.
  • StarFyer and urban_RED_NECK like this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 19 September 2013 - 03:05 PM.

You have to be a real nerd to get so worked up about a video games damage model system.

You're the one getting worked over anyone that even dares to find a fault with the game.

RubberGrip
  • RubberGrip

Sticky Bandit

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

So true.
  • Cjc45 likes this

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

You're the one getting worked over anyone that even dares to find a fault with the game.

No I'm not. I'm just saying if you're sitting at home analyzing crash physics for a video game you're a f*cking nerd. Possibly the biggest nerd of all time.
  • StarFyer likes this

MrA
  • MrA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Because they f*cking suck and can't drive worth sh*t. The only argument i've seen against having more damage is that it would be annoying and you would have to get a new car every time you crash. Then get better and don't crash you f*cking noobs. f*cking casuals.

So... you're not a fan? If the result is to not crash and be a better driver, does the damage therefore even come into it? If this is really affecting your enjoyment of the game I'd advise relaxing a little and just accepting it for what it is.

I honestly can't see this being changed, so might as well enjoy what's there.

The Ripper 666
  • The Ripper 666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

usOMm.jpg 

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I honestly missed your point, I think. So are you for the new system.. are you not..? 

It's fine. I was great in GTA 4, I'm great at driving in this game. The crashing physics are fine anyway.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well you sound like your a pro player by calling everyone noob and sh*t. If your so pro then you shouldn't have to worry about the damage system because you dont suck.

Post of the year, Sir.

storymode
  • storymode

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Post of the year, Sir.

/thread

Tuniturntablist
  • Tuniturntablist

Ømar DmX

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Accuses people of being nerds, stays on gtaforums all day.

• Ermac. likes this

natsamson
  • natsamson

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

The reason I dont come here often now, because of repetitive threads that repeat the same stuff jeez, opinions are opinions but these threads lately are getting too much now.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hanging out on a forum talking about a game while I'm at work isn't nerdy. Obsessing over the car physics of pixels is.
  • NADOLNY likes this

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by KLLRDG, 19 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

While combating GTA V's terrible rubber-band AI in the second street race, I restarted four times, and it never repaired the car once.

It was missing most of the body panels and not a single square millimeter wasn't scratched.

Yet it retained its shape, speed, and handling...

Which is astoundingly frustrating. Car damage is terrible. I spent hours in GTA IV dinging and bumping cars just to see those little dents appear.

The driving and damage are my biggest, and only problems with the game.

Not to say I can't enjoy it. It's probably the best GTA so far, but that doesn't excuse the huge downgrade in the quality of its main selling point...

Comparing it to San Andreas is almost possible now, in terms of car damage and handling...

Tuniturntablist
  • Tuniturntablist

Ømar DmX

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Hanging out on a forum talking about a game while I'm at work isn't nerdy. Obsessing over the car physics of pixels is.

B*tch please, you're the biggest gta fanboy around here, I see you bash people that doesn't like something about this game on every thread, acting like it's 100% perfect. Grow the f*ck up.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

B*tch please, you're the biggest gta fanboy around here, I see you bash people that doesn't like something about this game on every thread, acting like it's 100% perfect. Grow the f*ck up.

I don't care if someone doesn't like something but this isn't the complaint department. Your bitching serves no purpose other than annoying other people.

The psychology behind that is disturbing.

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

The damage system is superior in low-speed crashes. In GTA IV I had hoods flying off and severely damaged cars happening at rekatively low speeds. However, at high speeds the damage model is very poor in comparison to IV.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

I like it because more parts fall off the car, and when you really crash, everything gets way more f*cked up than in IV. Every tried stopping on the train tracks? The car can't even drive afterwards.

poncratias
  • poncratias

a thread for threads

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

it sucks big time.

when you crash you feel no impact.
the car stays clued to the ground, doesnt move anyhow when crashing, just simply stops.

the damage is sh*t and takes away lots of fun that we could have.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

"f*cking Casuals"? You sound like you come from World of Warcraft.

Do me and favor and go back there and screw yourself while you're doing it, WoW nerd. Leave GTA to true gamers.

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

The damage in IV was too much. Tapping the vehicle in front of you wouldn't cause the bumper to fall off halfway. Barely scraping the wall shouldn't cause a huge dent on the passenger door. Don't even get me started on the driving..it was like every vehicle was driving on bald tires.

Some of the damage in V should be fixed. There are times when I hit a car and I'm thinking, "okay, that should've left damage", but for the most part, the damage is realistic. Different vehicles handle crashes differently. Nothing is quite as satisfying as rolling your car down a hill and seeing it fall apart as it flips..tires, panels and doors falling off.

hexagramme
  • hexagramme

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

That's a ridiculous statement. God the morons on this forum... :sui:

I am a sim racer, sir, so I can definately "drive worth sh*t". I love the new damage system. How do you like them apples?

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Is this guy retarded or didn't read the thread?

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 19 September 2013 - 05:04 PM.

No I'm not. I'm just saying if you're sitting at home analyzing crash physics for a video game you're a f*cking nerd. Possibly the biggest nerd of all time.

You are the nerd here, keep sucking Rockstar ass. I wonder what are you doing here telling everyone nerd... So game developers, or game designers, the people who make your dream and lovely game, are the biggest nerd of all time? Go die, asshole.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

You are the nerd here, keep sucking Rockstar ass. I wonder what are you doing here telling everyone nerd... So game developers, or game designers, the people who make your dream and lovely game, are the biggest nerd of all time? Go die, asshole.

Dude you're a butthurt PC gamer that doesn't belong on the forum. All you do is bitch.

PC has no games that compete with GTA, deal with it.

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Up until GTA:IV the entire GTA series was not very realistic (not that GTA:IV was incredibley realistic either), I think that the vehicle damage is a good middle ground between SA and IV. (same goes for the driving physics)

What I find funniest about these "issues" people keep complaining about is that thses are the same people that 5 years ago were bitching about how easily cars blew up and how hard it was to drive in GTA:IV... Give it a couple years and these same people will be defending the vehicle damage in V..... Some people just like to bitch.

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

nobody could ever keep up with me on iv's driving and i still love the mechanics on here. you still have to be a good driver on here to take alot turns with different cars. i love driving in and out of traffic on the opposite side of the freeway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users