Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA5 probably the last GTA from the Housers and Co.

88 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

For now, Houser says he is content focusing on the next month, a period of time that will include the launch of GTA 5 and the follow-up release of GTA Online.

"I do not know what the future of anything is aside from the next few days and then Oct. 1," he said. "At some point in the next weeks and months, [lead producer The Benz and artist Aaron Garbut and co-founder Sam Houser] and myself will have to actually think about what we're doing next, and if we're going to do anything. You know, maybe we'll go ‘Well it's enough now.' But hopefully ... we'll see."

While Houser never really answered the question of relevancy, Kushner said the release of the game absolutely marks an important pop-culture moment.

"A new GTA game tends to always be a culturally relevant event, because it breaks sales records and racks up critical acclaim," he said. "It's also usually a showcase for what a game can achieve with the latest available technology and design. The industry/culture, however, has changed with the popularity of mobile and social games, so GTA will have to compete in a new arena. But there are millions of hardcore fans who will surely play this eagerly and obsessively."

http://www.polygon.c...ancy-and-future

R* would develop a new GTA nontheless.But it wouldnt be the same withouz the houser brothers or the others who worked on the last GTAs.

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

It doesn't say that.

• GTAhole likes this

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

R* would develop a new GTA nontheless.But it wouldnt be the same withouz the houser brothers or the others who worked on the last GTAs.

I kinda agree with that one but maybe they're not the only geniuses in the company who know what a true Grand Theft Auto game should be like.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

It doesn't say that.

will have to actually think about what we're doing next, and if we're going to do anything. You know, maybe we'll go ‘Well it's enough now.' But hopefully ... we'll see."

no?

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:50 PM Edited by SMG, 19 September 2013 - 01:50 PM.

It doesn't say that.

will have to actually think about what we're doing next, and if we're going to do anything. You know, maybe we'll go ‘Well it's enough now.' But hopefully ... we'll see."

no?

No, He is just saying that they are not ready to start planning the next GTA yet, and they will probably work on some other games before returning to GTA. They have Agent in the pipeline. Red Dead Revolution?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

I kinda agree with that one but maybe they're not the only geniuses in the company who know what a true Grand Theft Auto game should be like.

yes, but the story always was made by the housers. It COULD loose a bit of its charm if they decide to not go on with GTA

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

It doesn't say that.

no?

No, He is just saying that they are not ready to start planning the next GTA yet, and they will probably work on some other games before returning to GTA. They have Agent in the pipeline. Red Dead Revolution?

you know that this article is about those 4 persons and not R itself?!

they are not sure if they want to do anything and not onyl about what they want to make next.

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Nowhere does it say or even imply that V is "probably" their last GTA. It says that they may stop after this, but that they hopefully wont.

My tip: Take a class in reading comprehension.

• GTAhole likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by iNero, 19 September 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Nowhere does it say or even imply that V is "probably" their last GTA. It says that they may stop after this, but that they hopefully wont.

are you dumb?

they say they MAY stop and then you say its not probably???

lol. yoe even know what probably means?

I could have used "perhaps" and it still means the same...

in no way did I say it will happen 100%

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

It doesn't say that.

My thoughts exactly.  

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

i think the next GTA will be more the 8 years time.

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

are you dumb?

Are you f*cking retarded? Maybe and probably DOES NOT mean the same thing. "Probably" literally means that something is likely to happen. If you say something is probable, you are saying that the option you provide is the one that is MOST LIKELY to happen.

When they say that they MAY stop making GTA after V, but that they hope that they wont, that is a pretty f*cking clear indication that they PROBABLY WILL make more GTA´s if they have any control over it.

Go pass second grade English if you wanna roll with the big kids you freaking moron.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I think all will depend on GTAO, if GTA V is heading for PC and Next gen consoles as I suspect and optimized the same way Max Payne 3 was, it means RAGE is Next Gen ready, wish means they can use GTAO to keep expanding the game and produce income non stop. So instead of making a huge profit after 3-5 years of work, they can keep the money flow on a daily basis. Many online games make huge income that some of the big IP's don't even dream of, GTA have what it takes to knockdown the competition if done right.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I swear some of the people in this forum are mentally challanged lol. Nice find Nero. I hope they stay in the group and keep making GTA's with R*, would lose alot of their charm without them.

mobile
  • mobile

Mobile

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:32 PM Edited by mobile, 19 September 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Maybe he's just saying that he would like to try something else other than just devote 100% of his time to GTA. The gap between games has increased a lot and that is good because brings quality, but it's also bad due to the fact that Take2 and R* nowadays are extremely dependent of GTA's.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Take2 and R* nowadays are extremely dependent of GTA's.

How have R* and Take Two become dependent on GTA's?

Both have a handful of other strong titles.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Even if Houser is talking about their future, it's normal they're confused on what to do next with this behemoth of a launch. However, I think they mostly mean GTA, we'll see more Houser art ;)

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Same article after each GTA. People said the same after SA and after IV. There'll be a VI.

• gpcguy1 likes this

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

They won't just stop making a game after it makes 800 million on its initial launch on old as f*ck tech.
  • BURNFIREFLY likes this

mobile
  • mobile

Mobile

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Sure, but none of them sell as well or as successfully as the GTA.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Sure, but none of them sell as well or as successfully as the GTA.

They did develop gta for 5 years all on funding from their other titles. They do not rely on gta, but we can not argue it is a huge portion of what brings in their money.

line of chop
  • line of chop

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

What Dan Houser says holds no weight, he has talked bullsh*t about GTA V. They know exactly the direction they are going in with GTA and what the next game they are going to release.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

The goal of Rockstar Games with this technology is to simulate the real world in 3d environments.

This is a stated fact, you can reference this as far back as GameTrailersTV Lost and Damned episode. 

Sex, drugs, and violence are used in GTA, along with parody of familiar things, to sell it. It does not take anything away from the quality, they are brilliant. But their goal is to make the best simulation of the real world possible. 

There may come a day that GTA is no longer GTA. But that is a long way off. 

ruud.
  • ruud.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

are you dumb?

LMAO.

Rhetorically asks if someone is dumb, then suggests that "perhaps" and "probably" have same meanings.

Lock this thread and ban this iNero fa**ot.

God, we need an IQ policy on this forum to filter out these dense f*cks.

• Myrskalle likes this

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Nero been making some pretty farfetched claims off of shaky evidence at best.

What's new?

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

They've made about a billion dollars on this game of course they are gonna keep making gtas as long we keep buying them!!!

Gta CreatureUK
  • Gta CreatureUK

Drop Dead Nightmare CREW

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Red Dead Redemption 2 next me thinks :D Thinking wayyy ahead here

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Red Dead Redemption 2 next me thinks :D Thinking wayyy ahead here

RDR2 with more city envoirenments and more activities and mini games would be epic.
Especially on Next Gen. RDR still is the best looking open world game to me on console.
It also feels and looks more polished than GTA5. Main reason for that is that it has way less pop ups clearer image quality, better texture filtering( its funny that RDR has better AF on countryside and worse in Blackwater but V has worse AF on countryside and better in the city), sharper textures and more stable framerate.
But i never expected V to be as polished as RDR. V has way bigger scale.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Might be causing some controversy here, but I think Dan Houser and Laslow should pack it in, and R* get some new writers. The gameworld is amazing, and the missions and mechanics are top-notch, but it's let down by some poorly written characters and dialogue. I'd like them to make more GTA's but the series needs fresh input because it has nothing to say if it's picking on easy targets like reality TV.

trusterr
  • trusterr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

houser´s contract is finishing unless Take 2 gives him a really good deal. that came out couple years ago and he hinted that he is leaving after the next GTA (GTA 5+GTAO)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users