» «
Photo

WHY is the damage modeling so bad?

48 replies to this topic
Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:35 PM Edited by Mukaparska, 19 September 2013 - 01:52 PM.

There's been a million different topics already, but still, WHY ON EARTH they took out the good damage modeling of GTA IV out of this game? I see no logical reason for that. 

Also, if your tires get broken, you can't turn an inch. That's unrealistic.You can always turn AT LEAST that. 

Scottyhg1
  • Scottyhg1

jar jar binks

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

i think its because of the heights of the world like mount chiilad and the damage modeling would be to extreme if u crashed down there

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

I have no clue. I hope there is a cheat for it or that a update comes that gives us a choice.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Damage is sweet. Better than IV.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Are you kidding me? Are you trolling me? 

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

probably because of the cpu and ram limitations of current xbox and playstation. damage modeling in gta iv was very spontaneous. like it was unique the every single time. so it probably took some good calculation made by cpu every single time. now they added in a lots of other things so some of these are can't be done.

• MOGGYASAURUS and Udrift like this

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

probably because of the cpu and ram limitations of current xbox and playstation. damage modeling in gta iv was very spontaneous. like it was unique the every single time. so it probably took some good calculation made by cpu every single time. now they added in a lots of other things so some of these are can't be done.

Could be. GTA IV had horrible framerate. 

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Um.. no the damage system is EXACTLY the same as in IV the amount of damage a vehicle takes was simply increased. 

Hell, i dare say they actually improved the damage as not only does the cars deform but they also get panels ripped off and large scratches are visible, plus the glass damage is more realistic.

Now STOP BEING SO PARANOID AS THIS IS A MINOR PART OF THE GAME THAT ONLY A TOTAL FREAKING LOSER WOULD CARE ABOUT!

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

Nope. Something must be wrong with your game, because the damage is amazing in mine.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Um.. no the damage system is EXACTLY the same as in IV the amount of damage a vehicle takes was simply increased. 

Hell, i dare say they actually improved the damage as not only does the cars deform but they also get panels ripped off and large scratches are visible, plus the glass damage is more realistic.

Now STOP BEING SO PARANOID AS THIS IS A MINOR PART OF THE GAME THAT ONLY A TOTAL FREAKING LOSER WOULD CARE ABOUT!

It's pretty stupid to crash a car with a truck and it barely even breaks.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

One crash could completely ruin your car in IV. That would not be fun after buying a car and customizing it to have it be destroyed so easily. Plus it would make online horribly dull.

There is good damage in GTA V, I've had some really cool experiences with it, it just takes a little more than in IV.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

One crash could completely ruin your car in IV. That would not be fun after buying a car and customizing it to have it be destroyed so easily. Plus it would make online horribly dull.

There is good damage in GTA V, I've had some really cool experiences with it, it just takes a little more than in IV.

You don't have to crash with your beautiful car. They could've just taken the damage completely off in that case, which would suck even more. It's just realistic, you can't just crash every sh*t and barely have scratches. 

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Could be. GTA IV had horrible framerate. 

ha but i really like this damage system too, to be honest. it's still way better then every other car game (except GTA IV of course). so i don't agree with you on it being so bad 

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:06 PM Edited by Trund, 19 September 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Damage is completely fine, it is improved a lot from GTA IV as well. The only thing is that cars aren't damaged so easily anymore, which is good in my opinion, it was quite annoying having to get another car any single time. 

Here are the improvements though:

- better looking damage

- parts can actually fall off (besides the hood)

- wheels axis gets messed, barely happened in GTA IV

It just doesn't happen as fast as in GTA IV, that's all.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the engine can actually get messed up, causing it to stutter and barely work anymore. In GTA IV it eventually only shut off, but the effects are much cooler now.

In addition to that the airplanes/helicopters have improved damage as well.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Nope. Something must be wrong with your game, because the damage is amazing in mine.

Now explain why the vehicle handling and deformation is better than GTA IV.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by topdownshooter, 19 September 2013 - 02:11 PM.

You don't have to crash with your beautiful car. They could've just taken the damage completely off in that case, which would suck even more. It's just realistic, you can't just crash every sh*t and barely have scratches. 
I think that's an exaggeration. Earlier I crashed my car and noticed it was driving differently. When I examined the car i noticed the front right side had been completely caved in, which was preventing the wheel from spinning. In some cases I actually think the damage is better in this game, it just takes more to do it. Plus you actually get feedback in your controller when the damage is really bad.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Damage is completely fine, it is improved a lot from GTA IV as well. The only thing is that cars aren't damaged so easily anymore, which is good in my opinion, it was quite annoying having to get another car any single time. 

- better looking damage

Edit: Oh yeah, and the engine can actually get messed up, causing it to stutter and barely work anymore. In GTA IV it eventually only shut off, but the effects are much cooler now.

Damage looks just as bad as in any other game. Back in GTA IV it was something awesome compared to other games, and pretty much still is. You don't have to crash your car, it's not the games fault your car gets broken.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

- better looking damage

Damage looks just as bad as in any other game. Back in GTA IV it was something awesome compared to other games, and pretty much still is. You don't have to crash your car, it's not the games fault your car gets broken.

Name me one open world title that has better car damage than GTA V?

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 19 September 2013 - 02:13 PM.

- better looking damage

You don't have to go far way, GTA IV.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

Now explain why the vehicle handling and deformation is better than GTA IV.
To you? Nah. You're like one of the single whiniest users on here.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

- better looking damage

I didn't say that, I said it's just as bad as in any other game. In Mafia II and Just Cause 2 the damage was pretty much the same, only more realistic scratches. 

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Still with the new complaint topics?  Oh yeah, and, it's NOT!  This is after a few rolls and shunts.

http://rsg.ms/1fc5grW

• jordanpumah likes this

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:27 PM Edited by DODI3OG, 19 September 2013 - 02:29 PM.

You have to try harder on getting the car f*cked up.

You also have to try harder at trolling.

f*ck OFF, TC!

AlasCarin, who's that monkey on your Avatar?

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

f*ck OFF, TC!

They could also give you 10 000 health and then you could say "hurr durr you must try harder to die"

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

f*ck OFF, TC!

They could also give you 10 000 health and then you could say "hurr durr you must try harder to die"

Stop changing the topic from "car damge" to "player damage".

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

f*ck OFF, TC!

Stop changing the topic from "car damge" to "player damage".

You changed it from car damage to trolling. 

Angelus031
  • Angelus031

I like turtles

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

i think its because of the heights of the world like mount chiilad and the damage modeling would be to extreme if u crashed down there

It would not.
GTA IV had terminal velocity with regard  to falling down.

No matter from how high you tried to spawn a car from, it would always reach about 271 km/h, and the damage from that speed is actually way too little.

Balikye
  • Balikye

*Siiiigh* Fine, just call me Bali.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

I'm with this Punk Noodles. I don't know what you're talking about OP. My cars get massive scratches that IV didn't have, body deformation that IV didn't have. Like the entire car getting bent into a 30 degree angle, and even side panels and tires come off. The glass also breaks more realistically. So I've no idea what game you're playing. V's damage is far superior to IV's.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

I have reported this post to the moderators for talking sense.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'm with this Punk Noodles. I don't know what you're talking about OP. My cars get massive scratches that IV didn't have, body deformation that IV didn't have. Like the entire car getting bent into a 30 degree angle, and even side panels and tires come off. The glass also breaks more realistically. So I've no idea what game you're playing. V's damage is far superior to IV's.

It's realistic that side panels break off, scratches are more realistic, but if you have a head on collision with another car, your front barely gets bent, while in GTA IV it did. If you fell on your roof, it bent a lot, while in V, you can barely see it bend. 

• AlasClarin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users