• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

“Of course we’re interested. But no, not in terms of GTA, because we’re always working on the current game. We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we’re working on further down the line. We don’t have another GTA in development, we don’t work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing.

“So, in terms of GTA, no. We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they’re planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions. Of course. But we’re not sat there fantasising about 10 years down the line. We’re so busy with what we’re doing right now.”

http://www.gamepur.c...dan-houser.html

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:34 PM Edited by GTAGuy, 19 September 2013 - 01:38 PM.

The original question refers to GTA VI on next gen. There is no mention of GTA V anywhere in the question or the answer. It doesn't really disprove any notion that GTA V is coming to next-gen.

Here's the original question/answer:

GTA 5 is coming at the end of the console cycle. Does the advance of technology interest you? Do you think, 'Oh wow, what will GTA 6 look like on a PS4?'

Of course we're interested. But no, not in terms of GTA, because we're always working on the current game. We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we're working on further down the line. We don't have another GTA in development, we don't work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing. So, in terms of GTA, no. We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they're planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions? Of course. But we're not sat there fantasising about 10 years down the line. We're so busy with what we're doing right now.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

The original question refers to GTA VI on next gen. There is no mention of GTA V anywhere in the question or the answer. It doesn't really disprove any notion that GTA V is coming to next-gen.

Here's the original question/answer:

GTA 5 is coming at the end of the console cycle. Does the advance of technology interest you? Do you think, 'Oh wow, what will GTA 6 look like on a PS4?'

Of course we're interested. But no, not in terms of GTA, because we're always working on the current game. We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we're working on further down the line. We don't have another GTA in development, we don't work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing. So, in terms of GTA, no. We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they're planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions? Of course. But we're not sat there fantasising about 10 years down the line. We're so busy with what we're doing right now.

yea, the other site left this out. But at then end it still sounds like they dont have plans for Next Gen with GTA5. not confirmed but it really sounds like it.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

No it doesn't. All he said is they do not work on 3 of these games at one time.

Lol.... Grabbing at air.

This is the explination for this response.

Same reason for PC not being talked about. If they talk about the superior version too soon, many will just wait it out. They have to wait to even talk about that there could be any GTA on next gen consoles.

All he did was avoid the question and give a vague answer. The only thing he confirmed is that they do not work on several GTA titles at one time (AKA, why the f*ck would he be thinking about GTA 6 when GTAO has not even been released? lol...).

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

For PC they did come positive by quoting, "up for consideration" during the interview about ongoing petition to bring V on PC.
PC is defly coming for sure before next gen consoles.
I dont mind a simultaneous release but demand for PC exceeds over next gen release!

PC needs to have more content, keeping fingers crossed :)

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:11 AM Edited by AceKingston, 22 September 2013 - 04:13 AM.

What's pretty intriguing is what Houser said 'We are just busy with what he have right now'. GTA Online is only a few days away and I'm pretty sure the development has finished since testers and reviewers have already got the game. So, that leaves out one lone option, the PC version. My instinct says that line is a hint that the PC version is indeed in the works.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

john wayne woz a nazi

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by chainsoar, 22 September 2013 - 04:18 AM.

...Are you people serious? "Oh, he was talking about GTA 6, he said GTA 6 won't be on next gen so we don't know if GTA 5 will be"

Rewind and think about what you've just said.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by TheRealBars, 22 September 2013 - 10:13 AM.

Nero you either are a big f*cking troll, or you are pretty damn retarded, the amount of topics/Replies that leave me wondering if you're right in the head is ridiculous.

Asking the same question over and over, posting incorrect articles and pre-release your assumptions have pretty much all been busted.

You truly are one of the most annoying and/or stupid members on this forum.

• brian. likes this

KushaD
  • KushaD

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

People stop asking this Question if Rockstar releases another GTA for new ten system believe me that aint dropping for at least 3-4years. Do think Rockstars board wants to loose out on the money they made on gta v for the current gen systems? If they release a GTA V for the new gen systems it would be a waste of time and money spent on making it for the current gen. The next GTA game that drops for new gen. will be even bigger and better but rockstar wants to first make sure we get what we want for the current GTAV (which online still hasn't even dropped yet and so many of you are still talking about GTA v release for new gen get real) rockstar will milk GTA V for as much as its worth before releasing any info on a new gTA game for next gen systems. and every game is in a cycle so the real question you should ask yourself what new game in their line up will they release for the new gen systems ???  Maybe a new Red Dead or bring back Manhunt who know but we know one thing is certain no GTA V will not be released on the new gen systems as it makes no sense at the present moment. 

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Calm your tits. It was all about GTA VI to next gen, not about GTAV to next gen.

R* already has too much to work on like GTA Online and GTAV for PC and maybe Agent too.

upyoustolemylungs
  • upyoustolemylungs

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

We’re so busy with what we’re doing right now.”

Agent-game-logo.png

perky2k9
  • perky2k9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

If they have no idea about putting GTA 6 on next gen. what makes you think that they're putting GTA V on ps4/xbone? 

From the files, they ONLY have files for PC, not for XBONE and PS4.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by SilverRST, 22 September 2013 - 05:10 PM.

If they have no idea about putting GTA 6 on next gen. what makes you think that they're putting GTA V on ps4/xbone? 

They have files for PS4, namely orbis. PS4's OS.

Well, those settings found they are also for PS4.

perky2k9
  • perky2k9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Ahhhh then I apologize if this is true, but I didn't see this. I apologize, I must have overlooked this. I only saw a Win32 and x86-64 mention and a direct mention to 'pc' so yes, I apologize.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by SilverRST, 22 September 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Ahhhh then I apologize if this is true, but I didn't see this. I apologize, I must have overlooked this. I only saw a Win32 and x86-64 mention and a direct mention to 'pc' so yes, I apologize.

No need to apologize lol.

x86-64 also refers to next gen consoles, they both have AMD 8core x86-64 CPU.

It's way too early to talk or ask about GTA6.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

The answer was in response to GTA 6 on next gen. R* were just dissing Ubisoft, saying its phenomenally depressing to be working on 3 games in the same series, at the same time (Ubi working on 3+ AC games).

GTAV will release on next gen next year.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

As this is severely misinterpreted and not even pertaining to V, I'm gonna lock it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users