» «
Photo

Can't Save Military Jet?

46 replies to this topic
morsolo
  • morsolo

The Cake is a lie!!!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:41 AM Edited by morsolo, 19 September 2013 - 11:45 AM.

So... Apparently you can't save jets?

I stole the Fighter Jet from the military base (after a few failed attempts, man it takes ages to get in the cockpit, flew it to the hangar at LSX which I have purchased as Michael and have a Luxor there. There was no option to "enter" or "save", like the garages have. So I just parked it in the hangar. Walked a few feet away and when I turn back, the plane was gone.

Cool, it saved. I go to check. GONE.

Serious? This whole garage system is worthless, everything is a hit and a miss.

:(

EDIT: And wow. Wrote this after it happened, had dinner. Booted up GTA again. There it is. Wut?

Alright, so... How does this garage system work, is there a delay of some sort? I guess it works for planes. Pitty cars still don't save sometimes. :(

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

wow that is BS!

Grimezy
  • Grimezy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I love how you can punch open a jet hatch and then comfortably fly it with no worries at all about the broken hatch flying open in mid-air.

• DJSmurf2009 likes this

morsolo
  • morsolo

The Cake is a lie!!!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by morsolo, 19 September 2013 - 11:54 AM.

I love how you can punch open a jet hatch and then comfortably fly it with no worries at all about the broken hatch flying open in mid-air.

I noticed that when I stole a Shamal. I lol'ed.

I'm thinking... Why the hell do you just punch the door to break in? High tech stuff.

Aaaaand it's gone again. :(

Selected "Change Stored Vehicle", selected my Luxor. And the Jet is gone completely.

So... What? We can't ever store more than the one plane we want?

Splinter02
  • Splinter02

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I put mine in Trevor's airfield, the one in the desert and it was fine there. Barely got it there though, the engine took so much damage that it just shut off as soon as I got there.

clax302
  • clax302

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Mines stored at the sandy shores airfield hangar. Been saved there for two days now. Even respawns there after I ditch it

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

So... Apparently you can't save jets?

I stole the Fighter Jet from the military base (after a few failed attempts, man it takes ages to get in the cockpit, flew it to the hangar at LSX which I have purchased as Michael and have a Luxor there. There was no option to "enter" or "save", like the garages have. So I just parked it in the hangar. Walked a few feet away and when I turn back, the plane was gone.

Cool, it saved. I go to check. GONE.

Serious? This whole garage system is worthless, everything is a hit and a miss.

:(

EDIT: And wow. Wrote this after it happened, had dinner. Booted up GTA again. There it is. Wut?

Alright, so... How does this garage system work, is there a delay of some sort? I guess it works for planes. Pitty cars still don't save sometimes. :(

Had the same with my car, saved it in my garage, 5 minutes later = gone.. i rebooted and guess what its in my garage.

morsolo
  • morsolo

The Cake is a lie!!!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by morsolo, 19 September 2013 - 12:24 PM.

I can't store mine in Trevor's hangar because

Spoiler

It seems there might be an issue with the plane selector. I've now bought a Shamal as well, and tried storing two other planes (Cuban-something and the Cessna-lookalike). Both have disappeared, but I can still only select the Luxor, there is nothing else in the list.

EDIT: Definitely something wrong with the list.

I restarted the console again, and now the Cuban-something is there, stored as it should be. But I can still only select the Luxor.

EDIT EDIT Nope, it works with purchased planes (sorry, forgot to wait for the order from Elitas to finish).

So... You can store a plane, it will sit in the spot. But god forbid you select another plane? The hangar is big enough for 3 planes. You could at the very least put 2 of your choice on one side, and have the purchased planes in the last spot... Wtf?

JamboSteven
  • JamboSteven

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

I parked mine in one of the red lined boxes in the hanger near the entrance to the airport. Is this the right place because mine disappeared?

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by henriquedematos, 20 September 2013 - 01:17 AM.

I haven't yet purchased the hangar, and this is sorta off-topic, but the wanted level in the airport goes down after being purchased, right?

diehardpizza
  • diehardpizza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

ok i bought the tank and thads in the hangar but the army jeep and barracks truck aren't anywhere i can't find it anyone has a idea where it is? ( i bought them )

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

how do you select planes? in the hanger?

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

They did that sh*t with a fighter jet in the movie True Lies.

No different than an open cockpit prop plane of the 50's. What you think you can't breathe or something? That they'll be sucked out?

Have you not seen how slow the planes/jets are in V? It's a non issue, stop nit-picking.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm trying to figure this out, some cars save and some cars don't.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yeah I haven't been able to save one car under Trevor's safehouse at Vespucci beach. I tried the single spot under the 2nd overhang, and then again under the section with more space.. Nothing saved. Bummer because I tried to save an Audi R8 and then lost it because the save spot doesn't seem to work there.

CyberOps
  • CyberOps

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

Got the same problem, the cessna looking plane, jets etc, they save but when you select a bought plane they disappear for good. Barracks truck and the military jeep got delivered but no where to be found.

DIGGOO
  • DIGGOO

лол

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

f*cking hell, took me 2 hours to get the f*cking jet and park it in Trevors hangar.
Then I decided I wanna fly the Cuban
Then it exploded and I wanted the jet
Motherf*cker disappeared
So... Do stolen planes disappear or...?

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

I love R*, and I love what they've done, but you'd think something as important as saving vehicles in garages would have been one of the main things they would have made sure worked properly before release.

sparkle90
  • sparkle90

gurl, bye

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Stealin a fiter jet aint dat easy yall im givin börf here tryna steal dat shiet

tigertoddy2008
  • tigertoddy2008

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

A bit off-topic but could anyone playing the ps3 version send me a quick save of them in the jet? (you can do a quick save using the phone) - I'm able to re-sign ps3 saves.  Also something that might help, if you can actually manage to get the jet stored, is roll it out as one character, exit, switch to another character and save it in his hangar.  It will respawn in the original characters' hangar, that way I guess you cut down on your chances of it not disappearing for both.

Hanjr24
  • Hanjr24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:41 PM Edited by Hanjr24, 21 September 2013 - 09:48 PM.

That's some Bull crap that u cant save the fighter jet .. the hanger is big enought for 2 atleast to be parked in there heck even 2 planes  and a tank or truck.... parked a jet in my hanger on franklin Switched to trevor .   and had a landing gear fall off of the jet ... switch to Michael and back to franklin the jet was destroyed.....  only thing left was the Body of the plane go around the side cause I see something sticking up and there is a 2nd body of a jet facing back wall of the hanger ..... wth

:(  :(

cdmelton347
  • cdmelton347

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

If you can manage to land the plane. Anywhere without a wanted level and step out of it.You can switch to another character and switch back and it will be fully restored .Might work for cars to.I just did it for my jet.

SpyderDan
  • SpyderDan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

I finally got away with the fighter jet today, after countless tries.  I parachuted in, out of Trevor's helicopter, in the best armor, and landed on top of the jet.  I took a hit on the way out, but quick-saved, and upon loading the quick-save the plane was repaired (and the gear down) in flight. 

I landed at the Sandy Shores hangar, and quick-saved again in a new slot.  I've loaded both saves several times and always had the jet.  In the hangar, it got moved forward of where I parked it originally (so the nose sticks out of the hangar), and is always in this position on subsequent re-loads. 

Moving on from this save in the game and returning, the plane remains.  I'm just not going to ever bring any other plane to this hangar.  The fighter is lots of fun!  The gun is great for strafing highways.  1st person cam gives you a HUD which makes targeting easy.  The missiles seem pretty weak, but still effective.  It seems the only way that I've been shot down has been by missiles from helicopters, over Fort Zancudo.  Those helicopters are pretty easy to shoot down, though, so I've been able to fly around with impunity for very long times.  The jumbo jets at LSX are fun to take down.  Haven't managed to get other jets to come after me, yet...

Ins4ne Shift
  • Ins4ne Shift

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yeah I just got a military jet now I parked it in Trevor's place because my francais air port hangar has already got a plane in it didn't want to take any chances so hopefully when I wake up it will still be there.

Cylon
  • Cylon

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

I stole the fighter jet today and parked it in the Trevor's hangar. It is still there. I already crashed it like twice. Fingers crossed I won't have this bug.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hehe.. i have the lazer parked in trevors hangar and the titan in michaels hangar.

The titan sure does bounce around a lot in that huge hangar.
  • ThreattzZ likes this

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

how do you select planes? in the hanger?

Good question, I bought the hanger as Franklin and the guide said to press the right arrow to select aircraft.... maybe I havent got enough in there to be able to do this or maybe it only works for "bought" aircraft?

Haven't got the funds to buy several aircraft and try it..

~OFWGKTA~
  • ~OFWGKTA~

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

I haven't yet purchased the hangar, and this is sorta off-topic, but the wanted level in the airport goes down after being purchased, right?

Yep

TEHACEgta
  • TEHACEgta

Have you got the Tickets to Los Santos?

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

You can safe the Lazer Jet in a Hangar of one Person (T, M or F)! But just when you dont buy Planes at the Internet whit this Character!!!! I safe the Lazer Jet in the Hangar of Trevor without buying Planes with Trevor. Now i have the Jet all the Time!! I can fly around, crash them and when i go back to trevors Hangar the Jet is back there!!! But now i can't buy Planes from the Elitas Travel with Travor :( Why the Lazer Jet isn't buyable at warthog??

.DJS.
  • .DJS.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Yeah I haven't been able to save one car under Trevor's safehouse at Vespucci beach. I tried the single spot under the 2nd overhang, and then again under the section with more space.. Nothing saved. Bummer because I tried to save an Audi R8 and then lost it because the save spot doesn't seem to work there.

Its the single space next to the car with the cover over it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users