Photo

Can you raise Strength quickly?

21 replies to this topic
voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

I have been trying to work on all 3 characters, building them up. For some reason Trevor is far ahead of the other two. Every stat seems to raise quickly for him compared to the other two. Especially his Strength, which I can hardly get to budge on the other two. Any tips?

So far I have found that:

Stamina is very easy to raise, just run a few marathons.

Flying seems easy too, just do the flying school and it was maxed for Michael

Shooting, shoot lots of people/shooting range

Stealth, Hunting seemed to help alot for Trevor. Just sneaking around away from cops or in missions, etc. It raised very quickly in hunting though.

Strength is just slow as molasses though.

LanceTVance
  • LanceTVance

cocaine dealer

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

Strength increases a character's melee damage and makes you climb ladders faster. Also the character can indure more damage like falling from higher places. Strength increases 1% every 20 punches and also increases by playing the different sports in the game.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Does Tennis help with that? I've only played once, but it seems like it might if all of those other activities do something for you.

~OFWGKTA~
  • ~OFWGKTA~

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Fighting people brings strength up.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Strength increases a character's melee damage and makes you climb ladders faster. Also the character can indure more damage like falling from higher places. Strength increases 1% every 20 punches and also increases by playing the different sports in the game.

Thank you, I know that much already. Any idea what is faster? I've played a lot of tennis as Michael and it doesn't raise it quickly. Marathons are just stamina from what I can tell. And fist fights take forever as long as the police are constantly being called.

LanceTVance
  • LanceTVance

cocaine dealer

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:43 AM Edited by LanceTVance, 19 September 2013 - 10:44 AM.

Yes, all sports including tenis increase strength.

LanceTVance
  • LanceTVance

cocaine dealer

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:53 AM Edited by LanceTVance, 19 September 2013 - 10:54 AM.

Isn't there a gym on the beach? Don't know if it is usable, if it is guess that would be the fastest way.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

Golf is the best imho

~OFWGKTA~
  • ~OFWGKTA~

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

I just run around the streets bombing anyone, my strength goes up fairly quickly...

damthekid
  • damthekid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

YES!!! This may sound stupid at first but just go to the cows :) seriously. I just ran around kicking cows with each character and you raise twenty percent every other minute because it takes twenty landed hits to gain a percentage but when you just run around kicking cows at four (4) kicks (until their dead and the hits stop counting then onto the next cow) you end up getting quite close to a hit per second. Be done with all the characters in like ten minutes this way. Best part is no cops! tell me if I'm an idiot or if this isn't the best way to raise your strength quickly. Maybe theres some kickboxing gym later in the game and I'm just noobing this post but everything I'v read says basically eh, but this ooohhh this worked to well. um like maybe the game meant for you to raise your skill fast that way. :) *** Also raise your lung capacity as fast as possible by driving a car off the beach at an angle into the ocean in an SUV or truck (with the driver side facing the shore) and once the car stops running if you've made it in far enough you will build your lung capacity constantly until you exit the vehicle but wont lose health like normal because the waves should keep the water level for always being over your head so you breath with the waves but earn the lung capacity of being submerged :) again maybe I'm dumb but maybe my characters are all built by mission 20 for a reason. oh ya stealth is lame but heres a hint golf course + sneak walk + intermediate smacks on groundskeepers :) hope this helps other wise i wouldn't post. JESUS is the one and true son of God

• Scampi, Gigabomber, Tacymist and 1 other like this

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Good tips by damthekid above some of them are pretty cheap and may get fixed in patches but they are really good tips.
  • damthekid likes this

Jerrick
  • Jerrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Tennis and golf is how I got Michaels strength up

Apathyguy
  • Apathyguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Just in case your as slow witted as my self beating on a car till it goes up in flames doesnt do a bit of good for your strength.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Just in case your as slow witted as my self beating on a car till it goes up in flames doesnt do a bit of good for your strength.

Tell that to Chun Li!

• Ashelia and DaRkL3AD3R like this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

For stealth I tied a piece of wire to my analog stick and left them to walk in circles while crouched.

schwam66
  • schwam66

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

YES!!! This may sound stupid at first but just go to the cows :) seriously. I just ran around kicking cows with each character and you raise twenty percent every other minute because it takes twenty landed hits to gain a percentage but when you just run around kicking cows at four (4) kicks (until their dead and the hits stop counting then onto the next cow) you end up getting quite close to a hit per second. Be done with all the characters in like ten minutes this way. Best part is no cops! tell me if I'm an idiot or if this isn't the best way to raise your strength quickly. Maybe theres some kickboxing gym later in the game and I'm just noobing this post but everything I'v read says basically eh, but this ooohhh this worked to well. um like maybe the game meant for you to raise your skill fast that way. :) *** Also raise your lung capacity as fast as possible by driving a car off the beach at an angle into the ocean in an SUV or truck (with the driver side facing the shore) and once the car stops running if you've made it in far enough you will build your lung capacity constantly until you exit the vehicle but wont lose health like normal because the waves should keep the water level for always being over your head so you breath with the waves but earn the lung capacity of being submerged :) again maybe I'm dumb but maybe my characters are all built by mission 20 for a reason. oh ya stealth is lame but heres a hint golf course + sneak walk + intermediate smacks on groundskeepers :) hope this helps other wise i wouldn't post. JESUS is the one and true son of God

Where are these cows, haven't seen any farm animals!
  • damthekid likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Where are these cows, haven't seen any farm animals!

Grapeseed on the North East of the Alamo Sea has a few farms with them.  There's also the Donkey Punch family farm next to the Clucking Bell plant on the northern side of Mount Chiliad.

• damthekid likes this

Koizumi84
  • Koizumi84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

Don't know if anyone have posted this information, but I found out that if you punch a stationary boat with people in it your strength will raise quite quickly.

I have tried it with cars but they just run you over, and with boats, if they are still, they will remain still, with the added bonus of no cops coming to arrest you.

Just be careful with the waves and not to accidentaly hit the occupants because they will flee. And the boat MUST have people in it, otherwise it won't work.

I found this out while was training Trevor's lung capacity and came across a boat with a guy in it, punched it and the strength meter popped up, showing 80/100.

• Tacymist likes this

Starchs
  • Starchs

Potato chips

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

I thought strength increase your durable to withstand damage, not just fall

maceron
  • maceron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Don't know if anyone have posted this information, but I found out that if you punch a stationary boat with people in it your strength will raise quite quickly.

I have tried it with cars but they just run you over, and with boats, if they are still, they will remain still, with the added bonus of no cops coming to arrest you.

Just be careful with the waves and not to accidentaly hit the occupants because they will flee. And the boat MUST have people in it, otherwise it won't work.

I found this out while was training Trevor's lung capacity and came across a boat with a guy in it, punched it and the strength meter popped up, showing 80/100.

Like Koizumi84 said, attacking vehicles with people inside works perfectly. I did a test last night and found that your character will not fall off of flatbed trucks and salvage trucks for some reason...

I managed to get to 100 strength in around 15 minutes in this video for those interested: https://www.youtube....h?v=mf0sCL-hVP0

CKR187
  • CKR187

GTA and Heavy Metal: A healthy Breakfast.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

How to Build Stealth quick.

I've been trying the cow bashing for a while, but its tedious. Then I decided to pull out my silenced pistol, enter stealth mode, and start shooting. My stealth went up like you would, shooting people, and no police. Awesome method.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:53 AM

One of the more popular methods for quickly increasing your Strength is by climbing a bus and stomping it. Most people just climb on it while it is stopped at a light and stomp while it is moving. Unfortunately, this causes the risk of falling off plus attacking the bus will often cause a Wanted Rating. The best thing to do is the jack the bus, take it to a reasonably secluded spot, park it near something you can climb so you can get on the bus, then stomp to your hearts content without falling off or generating Wanted Ratings.

As for improving your Stealth, one method I have been experimenting with is what is known as Guide Pausing. On the X360 controller there is the big round Xbox 360 logo button called the Guide Button. While stealth walking press the Guide Button. This pauses the game by bringing up the system menu. But, for some reason, the game still thinks you're still stealth walking so, even while paused in this manner, you can still increase your Stealth Stat. So, let the game sit like this for awhile and do something else like surfing the web, homework, eating food, etc. When you unpause the game your Stealth Stat should either be greatly increased or even maxed out. This also works for Stamina and Flying but not Driving. I also don't know if this trick will work on the PS3 version.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users