Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only one who actually loves the driving?

163 replies to this topic
Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Black Rabbit . Your c*nt wife ....fantastic. What a fabulous addition to the gaming world. And its actually about 50 % re the polls.

Piece of sh*t casual gamers need shooting.

Oh, yeah, because the polls here TOTALLY take everyone who bought the game into consideration. Where's this poll that has 10,000,000 votes on it? I must have missed that one. I saw one that had around 80 f*ckin' brats complaining on it. Is that the one you're talking about? Because 80 people is way less that .05%. 

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by GKP, 19 September 2013 - 07:25 PM.

As a sample size its accurate enough. Again, only a tiny, tiny minority are posting here.

TV or political polls follow the same principle. Extrapolate it out..

Apologies about your wife btw. Not called for.

imaethan
  • imaethan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

I loved the realistic driving in IV but I find this a lot more fun. The sheer speed alone is just amazing (apart from the ATV, it seems too quick for what it is).

If I want realistic driving I'll play IV, if I want to have more fun I'll play V. Surely that's what gaming's about? Having fun.

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

The physics in IV though made sense. If you hit another car in V its as if they are stuck to the road.

Its a technical limitation. R* wont admit it . If you were to cause crashes like in V with a 5 lanes of traffic it would cause massive slowdown.

The underlying code was crippled for the gfx on offer. Cant burn the candle at both ends.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

As a sample size its accurate enough. Again, only a tiny, tiny minority are posting here.

TV or political polls follow the same principle. Extrapolate it out..

Apologies about your wife btw. Not called for.

I brushed the wife thing off, no worries.

In any case, your sample size is coming from the hardcore gaming crowd, which is not a good interpretation of the overall purchasers of said game. I'm pretty positive that most all people who are playing aren't thinking twice about the physics of their cars....they're just enjoying a game. 

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

With u man.

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Danny Longlegs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Driving is AMAZING in Grand Theft Auto V! I'm pleased with everything except two things: the damage is a bit downgraded, and shooting from a car zooms the camera in all funny and makes it difficult to hit anything. Other than those two things... this game is perfect.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

My GF loves it, never played a driving game before but she was weaving through traffic like a pro.

• Black Rabbit likes this

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

BR - this is it though. The series was moving in a certain direction. 3 to VC , to SA to IV...more and more realistic. The series was challenging people to grow and mature and learn. All the physics needed were slightly higher grip and slightly easier handling. Not this knee jerk reaction.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Driving is AMAZING in Grand Theft Auto V! I'm pleased with everything except two things: the damage is a bit downgraded, and shooting from a car zooms the camera in all funny and makes it difficult to hit anything. Other than those two things... this game is perfect.

The damage is not downgraded. More advanced than IV, but it takes a lot more time to totally crap out a car, which could easily be worked out by R* if they wanted to.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

BR - this is it though. The series was moving in a certain direction. 3 to VC , to SA to IV...more and more realistic. The series was challenging people to grow and mature and learn. All the physics needed were slightly higher grip and slightly easier handling. Not this knee jerk reaction.

Well, if that's the case, I entirely blame the like of you, overreacting and overbitching about the issue in the previous title. It was supposedly bad, but complainers voicing their opinion too loud and overly embellished threw R* off. And you know what? You're all going to do it again and end up with GTA6:Turismo.

And it's not like R* didn't field test the driving system with actual gamers. Reviewers don't seem to mind the driving. The general gaming public is fine with it. It's just a few people who figured that they knew where the game was going and what should happen next. These people have no clue as to how the game is actually researched and developed and just assume that what they say is proper. 

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Absolutely loving the new driving. But guess what? I loved GTA4 driving as well.. GASP!!!!!

Learn to adapt to the new game or don't play it noobs.

RamiV2
  • RamiV2

DYOM Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

I love the driving in this game! Nothing feels more exciting than dodging oncoming traffic with a near miss.

• Romario likes this

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

The driving is superb and what the cars aren't pavement magnets when i play my cars have a realistic sense of weight to them and hitting curbs sends you cars into the air, it's smooth and feel great and looks great too, ill never understand how you can't like this driving even though it's basically IV perfected, i've been in situations where IV handling would be game breaking to have specially if you were to offroad with those IV physics.

• Romario likes this

iALLOUT4eva
  • iALLOUT4eva

GTA Gunner

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

My first two days with the game I was kinda on the fence with the driving. Day 3 when I started the game up, hopped in mike's car, and took off down rockford hills.......I was in love. The driving is way better than IV and I loved IV's handling. It just was more tedious and not as fun as in V. Rockstar really wanted us to have fun with this gta across the board and not in a stupid, goofy, over the top way like SR. This game pays homage to the III era in so many ways and driving is just as fun from then. My first 2 days of playing I was still caught up in the serious tone and gameplay mechanics of IV. By day 3 I realized the feel of this game is the reason I fell in love with running around as Claude,Tommy, and CJ in the first place.

PMDeSan
  • PMDeSan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

I love the driving also! People are just flamming it because as soon as something isn't exactly like the previous one they think it sucks. Then they get good at the new one and realize they love it. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I love the driving because I'm a) impatient and b) the cars react how I expect when I use driving techniques that I would in Forza or GT5.

I know it's extra grippy arcade style, but I'm really liking that combination of arcade speed with attention to detail (weight transfer, weight balance, individual wheel grip tracking etc) that lets me pull of cool moves by instructing the car correctly.

Los Santos.
  • Los Santos.

Square Civilian

• Members

I'm fine with the driving.

ViceCityBestGame
  • ViceCityBestGame

I Don't Give A F*ck and A member of the Grand Wizards

• Members

The driving on V is 100 times better than IV

• IveGotNoValues likes this

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Motorcycles have been destroyed.

PMDeSan
  • PMDeSan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Really? I really like the way the work in this game. Sure you can't wheelie the same as before, but go try an wheelie a real motorcycle. It doesn't just pop up when you pull back. With the bikes in V you can actually weave through traffic and get a good lean in corners. 

As long as the Disappearing car issues get cleared up I wouldn't change a damn thing.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Really? I really like the way the work in this game. Sure you can't wheelie the same as before, but go try an wheelie a real motorcycle. It doesn't just pop up when you pull back. With the bikes in V you can actually weave through traffic and get a good lean in corners. 

As long as the Disappearing car issues get cleared up I wouldn't change a damn thing.

Except they turn on a dime. That annoys the sh*t out of me.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:10 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 19 September 2013 - 10:12 PM.

I got Franklin's driving ability maxed out, his White Buffalo is modded up, I get away from cops clean with Franklin all the time, on foot or in any car.  Can't say much for the other two non-drivers, old and slow lolol.

First time I got the game, I never thought I'd love the driving so much.  And now, with Franklin's special ability I'm trying to perfect his drive-by shooting.  A true modern day outlaw, like a cowboy on his horse, that is what Franklin is to me in his White Buffalo.  

Edit***

If only there was a button to put on a mask (or Green bandana) and gloves on to make the immersion perfect.

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

My controller's left analog stick is quite worn out :)
Anyway, the rubber part for the thumb is completely taken off, wore it out a few years back and I removed the entire thing, plus, or negative in this case, is that the left analog stick's ball that keeps the stick straight, is loose!

My controller for handling any gaming vehicle has been busted for a while now, and I love racing games, I still win races.

I learned to adapt to it :)
The stick is too loose for me to turn left and right and it tilts in all directions by itself, so instead I keep pushing up when I'm driving or walking and that created a smaller, tighter turn radius.

I'm not saying break your analog, I'm saying try to gently turn left or right instead of 'pushing' it all the way left or right.

That JSTICKS prick with the leaked gameplay did NOT know how to drive, it even made me uneasy about the driving until I played it myself - it's easy and challenging, that's why it's perfect, just be less aggressive with your analog :)

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

i think the driving is amazing. especially every car having different ways of handling i love it and am becoming addicted to it fast. i can't wait to see how the online will be.

K7YLP
  • K7YLP

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

I prefer the driving over gta4 all day long.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

Casual gamers, casual gamers everywhere...

• Tuniturntablist likes this

handoverfist
  • handoverfist

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

i like it

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Loved the driving in IV, I love the driving in V as well.

However some of the fast cars and motorbikes need a bit of tweaking. They feel ultra light and not that fun to drive.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

The driving's awesome. It feels premium. People who want GTA IV's handling should just enter the Slidey cars cheat.. Works like a charm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users