Quantcast

» «
Photo

Applying textures to GTA 3 map in 3DS Max?

1 reply to this topic
Kimmykix
  • Kimmykix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

I'm currently working on a project to export the GTA 3 map to another (non-GTA) game as a mod. I've imported the map into 3DS Max using Kam's GTA Scripts, but when I try importing textures for the map objects, it just says (in the MAXScript Listener) that all the objects "don't have .TXD properties" therefore nothing has textures. Is there any way I can apply the textures to the map objects?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

When you import the Models for the Map into 3DS they should all show up white, as they are already mapped with the textures but the software just does not know the location of them, then when you click on the render button it will ask you for the location of the missing Textures "TGA, PNG, JPG" Files then you have to do is extract the TXD Files Textures into whichever format it is asking into a folder and direct 3DS to that Folder, the models will still show up white in the Editing Windows but when you render the scene it should be all good now, but that is only if you want to see them, otherwise it should be possible to just import the models and re-export them with the Texture Mapping intact.

Out of curiosity what do you plan to do with the map?

It should also be noted that the .TXD Files are not the actual textures, they are a special archive which contains textures, they can be opened up with such tools as "G-IMG" or "TXD Workshop" there is a couple others but those 2 are the main ones.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some further insight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users