Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why isn't "X" gas, and Square for brake?

68 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

IM SO TURNED ON RIGHT NOW!!!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

ps3...gear up R1

gear down L1

Now, try combining accelerate and brake using R2 and L2...

That's not hard.

On topic: R* seems to be hating options with GTA V. Takes out all the good stuff and brings in sh*t.

burnin_mad_trees
  • burnin_mad_trees

Low n' Slow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

This cat's looking for need for speed physics. Sorry man lots of cars weigh a lot.

SOME PEPLE IS ABSOLUTELY STUPID IN GRANTURISMO 5 YOU CAN GO MANAGING THROTTLE AND BRAKE WHITHOUT THE TRIGGERS WITH EX AND SQUARE WHAT THE f*ck IS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IT NEVER WAS LIKE THIS AND NOW IT TURNS TO BE THE BEST FORGET ABOUT IT IN DRIVING GAMES YOU HAVE TO CHANGE GEARS WITH TRIGGERS f*ckING ASSHOLES ITS AN AUTOMATIC IN GTA IN ANY OTHER DRIVING YOU COULDNT DRIVE LIKE THAT WITH TRIGGERS SOME PEOPLE JUST PLAY AND DONT HAVE ANY f*ckING IDEA OF WHAT A CAR IS f*ck THAT

My controls in GT6 are

R2-Gas

L2-Brake

O-Shift up

[ ]-Shift down

X-Brake

That's how you control a car in a video game.

redpoint
  • redpoint

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

Gas is always X and brake is always Square...why can I not use this setup? 

Cos its not the 90s anymore...

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

Gas is always X and brake is always Square...why can I not use this setup? 

Cos its not the 90s anymore...

We had the option of using A/X for gas and X/Square for brake in GTA IV, why not in V. Makes more sense to gas and brake using the same finger/thumb in the same way you use gas and brake with the same foot in real life...and having to use the triggers as opposed to the face buttons for the helicopters is bloody horrible. Why not include the option or those that find using the face buttons a lot easier.

using the R2 & L2 to accelerate and brake is more realistic and close to the real car pedals

Do you use your right foot on the gas and left foot on the brake in real life? I rather doubt it.

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

We had the option of using A/X for gas and X/Square for brake in GTA IV, why not in V. Makes more sense to gas and brake using the same finger/thumb in the same way you use gas and brake with the same foot in real life...and having to use the triggers as opposed to the face buttons for the helicopters is bloody horrible. Why not include the option or those that find using the face buttons a lot easier.

using the R2 & L2 to accelerate and brake is more realistic and close to the real car pedals

Do you use your right foot on the gas and left foot on the brake in real life? I rather doubt it.

In europe we use the left foot for the clutch, and the right foot for the gas. Obviously, the brakes should only be applied when not using the gas, so with your right foot. I think the the L2/R2 buttons feel very natural, and in these modern games (post-SA), it wouldn't make any sense to control cars with 'no gas/100% gas' control. Driving in V is already easy, I can't see why you want to simplify it to X/square. Also, I don't see a reason to dig up this old thread.

Han RX-7
  • Han RX-7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

It took me awhile to get used to the V scheme as like you I always played my GTA games with X and Square. LA Noire did it to me and you would have thought I would have been used to it after doing it in that but V forced me to get used to it again. Don't really care either way to be honest.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

No wonder people complained about the driving in IV. Who drives with X and brakes with Square? You can barely gain any decent control over any car when you drive like that.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

Alright, who the f*ck bumped this stupid thread

lol232
  • lol232

We happy?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I prefer the configuration we already have.
It feels more natural.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users