Photo

Smoke on the Water

31 replies to this topic
TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

So I bought Smoke on the Water with Franklin and I get these texts from them saying they need a driver and need to get stuff delivered. So I go do to SotW thinking it will trigger some mission or something but it doesn't. I've gone during the day and night and nothing happens when I walk as Franklin near SotW. I've checked the map and I don't see any marker signifying a SotW mission, but I'm almost positive there is supposed to be a delivery mission (mainly because I get like 5 texts from them saying they need a driver). What can I do and more importantly WHERE do I go to trigger something???

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

When u get those text a P will pop up on your map stands for property management of something that's the mission for what ever u bought

virtualmatrix258
  • virtualmatrix258

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Man, I've been searching my map for an hour and there's no P on it. Something is either bugged or I'm doing it wrong. 

sytadel
  • sytadel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Seriously, I have the same issue. I got a text saying a delivery van had been robbed and they can't call the cops. Implying that I had to do something about it, I go to the business and there is nothing at all.

Also, my Franklin has one more mission to do than my Michael and Trevor..yet everything is done and up to date on the map. It's like there's a hidden mission to do for Franklin and I'm unable to see it. It must be this glitchy Smoke on the Water business.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

The hidden mission is probably the repo man missions you trigger by calling the redhead woman (there are like 3 or so left).

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I've searched and searched and there is not P on the map. Is this glitched or something? I've had this "mission" for like the past 2 days and I can't do anything about it idk whats going on

tuoho
  • tuoho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Got the exact same problem. It appeared to me like 2 days ago, but not anymore. Done few story missions to while waiting it to pop up.

Drethunda
  • Drethunda

420friendly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

The SOTW popped up for me by a small town on the freeway on the west side of the map.

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

its not popping up for me at all even if manually scroll thru the blips with the d-pad

lorenzopruim
  • lorenzopruim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

i got the same problem when you get the text messege, nothings pop up and you have no location to go is this a glitch or is the somewhere a place/person where you need to go for new weed?

lorenzopruim
  • lorenzopruim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

@lucifieraies , you say a P comes up when you get te text messege but do you now if that text messege disappears after a some time??

enjoipotter
  • enjoipotter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Im getting really frustrated with this too. I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong. I got a text message from smoke on the water. I went to the P and it disappeared. Now i can't play the mission and the storefront is closed. I think it's a bug. All we can do is pray for a patch to fix it.

shaggz98
  • shaggz98

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

I am having the same problem! It is very frustrating

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

You know, the problem I encountered several times while playing earlier was that I get a text saying our delivery van has been stolen and "We can't call the cops," then the P pops up. I drive over, it says to stop the van, but after a few seconds the van disappears. Then I get another text that basically states that the guy doesn't know what to tell the customers now, which implies that the van has gotten away from me.

It makes no f*cking sense. I didn't think it was a big deal until it happened 3-4 other times. Pissed me off.

lorenzopruim
  • lorenzopruim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

oke guys, i now where the problem is you can only pick up the weed a short time after you get the text messge so when you get the text messege DIRECT look at the map a P comes up only for a short time ! , just go the the P you see a van so when in the van go fast to the WeedStore and your DONE !

van look like this: http://postimg.org/image/tozowgvxr/

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

Ex 'Really Famous Games Dev Company' Employee

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

Just encountered this glitch. Take a different route and meet the van head on. It just disappears otherwise.

JayMosEnvied
  • JayMosEnvied

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

I saw the "P" once and as I was heading there it was gone. Thinking it will appear again I wait a whole day and nothing pops up. Hope I didn't waste that 200k for nothing.

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

oke guys, i now where the problem is you can only pick up the weed a short time after you get the text messge so when you get the text messege DIRECT look at the map a P comes up only for a short time ! , just go the the P you see a van so when in the van go fast to the WeedStore and your DONE !

van look like this: http://postimg.org/image/tozowgvxr/

I've check my map multiple times after I get the texts and nothing pops up for me. This is very frustrating because I spent most of Franklin's money on this thinking I'd get it back from store profits but its not giving me any money until I do this

Shawncarnage
  • Shawncarnage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

Any Updates ?

enjoipotter
  • enjoipotter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

I think we're just going to have to wait for a patch and hopefully rockstar knows about this glitch.

JayMosEnvied
  • JayMosEnvied

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

I finally got a message from him!

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Propriety missions are rare. and the "P" isn't always near the store.

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

I just kept rloading my last save and on the third time I was able to get to the van parked in some driveway before it was stolen.

inkifire
  • inkifire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

You know, the problem I encountered several times while playing earlier was that I get a text saying our delivery van has been stolen and "We can't call the cops," then the P pops up. I drive over, it says to stop the van, but after a few seconds the van disappears. Then I get another text that basically states that the guy doesn't know what to tell the customers now, which implies that the van has gotten away from me.

It makes no f*cking sense. I didn't think it was a big deal until it happened 3-4 other times. Pissed me off.

Finally i get the van back. First, sorry for my bad english, i speak portuguese.

When i get a text saying my van has stolen, i get a cab to a point after the "P". When you take off the cab, stole it because the van is really fast and it will pass in few seconds.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

you have to answer the text or call right away confirming you accept the mission, you should get them again

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

how do you respond to text messages in GTA V?

Albatross.90
  • Albatross.90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by Albatross.90, 29 September 2013 - 08:16 PM.

double posted. sorry

Albatross.90
  • Albatross.90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by Albatross.90, 29 September 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Seriously, I have the same issue. I got a text saying a delivery van had been robbed and they can't call the cops. Implying that I had to do something about it, I go to the business and there is nothing at all.

Also, my Franklin has one more mission to do than my Michael and Trevor..yet everything is done and up to date on the map. It's like there's a hidden mission to do for Franklin and I'm unable to see it. It must be this glitchy Smoke on the Water business.

had this and it drove me crazy, I have just sused it and made an acount to help people who are in the situation I was, 

it seems the problem is that they see you far too soon, and so are gone before you get near them, so rather than just heading on up that long winding road (as your way-point is probubly showing you to) , .. I set my Way-point so that I could go round the long way, and come up from the other side(down the road they normaly go up when you try to give chase ), ..it worked and they flowed the preset rout the game had set, and came right at me, "crash crash , bang bang" hope in van.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'm on PS3-- no problem with it on mine but you do have to go after the van right away and you need to deliver it within so much time.

If you don't deliver the van in time you fail it and don't get paid-- I got a wanted level bringing one van in and while hiding waiting for it to go away my timer expired-- I was literally 20 feet from the delievery point.

Not very happy with this purchase-- really don't want to have to drop everything and deliver a weed van.

karl36116
  • karl36116

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

i had to purchase this, could not find another guide to complete all the mission with ease http://bit.ly/1eV9zJH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users