Photo

[Spoilers] No Respect for the Lost

119 replies to this topic
Henning88
  • Henning88

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:34 PM Edited by Henning88, 17 March 2014 - 12:34 PM.

has anyone seen true detective? episode 4 in particular, rusty visits a biker bar undercover -THAT IS HOW BIKERS should be, imagine areas like that in gtav where trevor etc can visit, go INSIDE a bar (requires interior) , play pool, strippers, darts, drinking games, fight clubs etc. would be soooo awesome and would give a nice dark atmosphere that the desert is missing completely. The bikers had sooooo much potential here. And yes i know lost and damned did it already, but would it hurt to add more of a backstory to the trevor and johnny feud-- why not? make it optional so the people who dont like serious missions can skip it and just stick to rescuing hot girls from fame or shame tv shows.

would be so cool to have biker areas with detail, hell even something similar to gta4 lost and damned clubhouse would be nice, isnt hard to add. I dont understand what rockstar were thinking, the desert is a waste. one tiny rubbish bar with a dart board, are you serious?

PandaLovingLion
  • PandaLovingLion

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

I think youre supposed to feel. I think the idea was to dislike Trevor for killing Johnny, and everything else he did. I like him now, but all through the story I was like "f*ck you Trevor youre a c*nt!", whereas Michael was more "youre in some sh*t" and franklin was "youre gonna get into some sh*t". By the end, I felt like Franklin and I were both new in the story, michael I felt was goos inspiration for a bad way of life, but Trevor was just an uncoordinated mess of a human being. I saved all 3 characters and learned to like Trevor as he calmed down, but I think at first youre supposed to be introduced to some f*cking asshole who kills a close friend/character etc and pisses off the player. It wouldnt be the same if the game started with Trevor playing table tennis and singing Rihanna

has anyone seen true detective? episode 4 in particular, rusty visits a biker bar undercover -THAT IS HOW BIKERS should be, imagine areas like that in gtav where trevor etc can visit, go INSIDE a bar (requires interior) , play pool, strippers, darts, drinking games, fight clubs etc. would be soooo awesome and would give a nice dark atmosphere that the desert is missing completely. The bikers had sooooo much potential here. And yes i know lost and damned did it already, but would it hurt to add more of a backstory to the trevor and johnny feud-- why not? make it optional so the people who dont like serious missions can skip it and just stick to rescuing hot girls from fame or shame tv shows.
would be so cool to have biker areas with detail, hell even something similar to gta4 lost and damned clubhouse would be nice, isnt hard to add. I dont understand what rockstar were thinking, the desert is a waste. one tiny rubbish bar with a dart board, are you serious?

There isnt enough desert for my liking. I was expecting Fallout/holy sh*t I'm lost, but instead its just some sand with lots of highways and roads in. Theres no eerie desert silence and ambience, just lots of car engines going

nobum62
  • nobum62

A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

^ You're supposed to side with a protagonist, not despise him. The antagonist is who you're supposed to despise.

Not surr why people like him. People only seem to like him because he's funny and has a good voice actor. That's it.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

^ You're supposed to side with a protagonist, not despise him. The antagonist is who you're supposed to despise.

Not surr why people like him. People only seem to like him because he's funny and has a good voice actor. That's it.

He's a badass, he stomped Johnny's head in after screwing his girlfriend.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

He's a badass, he stomped Johnny's head in after screwing his girlfriend.

How he killed John wasn't badass. Dude, all he really did was slam in on the ground while hugging him and cheapily smashed his face with a bottle. He killed him off-guard.

That would be like Niko saying "hi" to Franklin, the Franklin pulls out a gun and shoots him. Then people say "OHH HOLEE SHIET, FRANK IS BADAS MOFO" when he only killed him off-guard.

The scene didn't make Trevor a badass. It only made Johnny a pussy.
  • Spaghetti Cat, Choco Taco and matajuegos01 like this

Henning88
  • Henning88

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:06 PM Edited by Henning88, 17 March 2014 - 10:59 PM.

we didnt get a good backstory for characters, i think we could have got a better story for each character, more character specific missions, for example, that ortega guy , those rednecks who trevor destroys in the crystal maze mission, - why couldnt we get a proper story with these characters, help establish some antagonists, i hate that we were meant to 'hate' trevor for killing johnny, i didnt even care- thats the problem, i was a fan of johnny and didnt care when he got killed because it was completely random and meaningless. Really hope single player dlc improves the backstory for each character, especially trevor and franklin. More trevor phillips industries missions would be great!

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

Alright, is it okay to bump this?  Whatever, I want to talk about this again since GTA V has been out for a while and has 'sank in' for everyone.

I still don't like what happened.  I don't bitch about it anymore, but it was a pretty poor choice.  Johnny was a great character, and I think he had the best dynamic to his character than Niko or Luis.  And TLaD's storyline was more vivid, more 'emotional' I guess you would say; it just made you feel for the characters.  And then you get to the end of the game and Johnny seems to have changed his ways.

But then you pop in GTA V and there it is: TLaD apparently didn't even happen.  Every bit of character development in TLaD was flushed down the toilet; Johnny reverted back to his old self: a meth head who fell in love with a crack whore (Ashley).  Might as well kill him, kill the other Lost characters (Terry and Clay) and then kill the entire Lost while you're at.  As an insult to injury let's just go ahead and make it so the Lost are one of the primary antagonists in the entire game.

Am I ranting again?  Doesn't matter, I just want to discuss it again.  It still puts a bad taste in my mouth.  And it's a video game, which is weird, cause I don't think I felt this bad when John Marston died in RDR!

Also, for some people who don't like Johnny, don't even know who he was, or for those of you who have not beat TLaD, this thread isn't really for you.  It's for Johnny Klebitz fans to discuss his fate.  You wouldn't understand the character, nor would you understand the development the character acquired through the course of the game.

• matajuegos01 likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

Eh, the bikers piss me off.  If I'm standing by them, they just shoot me.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

I hate bikies. In real life and in games. TLAD was a sh*t game and I'm glad Trevor killed Johnny. Out of all the criminal groups, bikies are the most pathetic.

Dark Bordeus
  • Dark Bordeus

I am pure, I am true, I am perfect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:29 AM

I thought this was a GTAV forum, not a TLaD forum. I thought your [Spoilers] in the title meant spoilers relating to GTAV...not TLaD.

I haven't played TLaD but I wanted to, even though I knew Johnny dies a few years later.

But now I know Jason, Jim, and Billy die too. Oh great...more spoilers.

So thanks for that, cretin. 

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:37 AM

I don't know about you all but Trevor would not stand one bit of a chance if he took on my version of Jhonny. I hate biker gangs but I loved Jhonny.

This is my Jhonny from my actual game in the lost and dammed *pc*. Trevor would be dead in an instant.

1341078273_Photo0059e1.jpg

VanillaIce
  • VanillaIce

Cole Phelps FanBoy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:52 AM Edited by VanillaIce, 19 June 2014 - 04:53 AM.

i Doubt Cole Phelps would have Liked the Lost MC Anyway 

and i liked the Lost 

BUT 

Cole Phelps > The LOST MC

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

This whole thread is about what happens to Johnny in the events of GTA V, so that is a huge spoiler.  It also mentions what happens from TLaD; you ruined it yourself when you came into a thread marked 'SPOILERS'.

I wish enough people cared about this to start one of those petition things to alter what happens.  Why didn't Rockstar just have it where you fight characters from the Angels of Death?  Why didn't Trevor just ally with the Lost MC to fight the Angels of Death?  It's not that far-fetched.  I just feel like Rockstart pissed all over TLaD fans.

• matajuegos01 likes this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

I think Trevor unintentionally kills Johnny, evidenced by Trevor telling Johnny to get up, but because Johnny turned into a weak meth-head, he pretty much brakes a bone if you tap him.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:21 PM Edited by Xerukal, 03 August 2014 - 11:22 PM.

I think Trevor unintentionally kills Johnny, evidenced by Trevor telling Johnny to get up, but because Johnny turned into a weak meth-head, he pretty much brakes a bone if you tap him.

Pretty sure anyone would've been dead on the spot if they got 6 stomps and a broken bottle to the head.

Meth's got nothing to do with it.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

Pretty sure anyone would've been dead on the spot if they got 6 stomps and a broken bottle to the head.

I guess trevor is unaware of his strength, ok meth might not be involved but he is MUCH weaker than he was in IV. 

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hm not really. Crystal Meth has affects on both the human bones and the skin pigment. That's one of the reasons why methheads and meth abusers always have weird looking scars on their faces. Also, alot of weight loss too. Johnny was emotionally drawn at that moment, and anyone could survive few stumps to the head and a damn beer bottle. It would be a very bad injury, and the victim could suffer from amnesia, but they would survive it. Johnny became weak, and it depends on how much crystal meth he snorted up his nose.. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

No, I think as Xerukal states, it's pretty much guaranteed that someone stomping on your face and smashing your head with a bottle is going to f*ck you up. 

• SCOOBASTEEB likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hm not really. Crystal Meth has affects on both the human bones and the skin pigment. That's one of the reasons why methheads and meth abusers always have weird looking scars on their faces. Also, alot of weight loss too. Johnny was emotionally drawn at that moment, and anyone could survive few stumps to the head and a damn beer bottle. It would be a very bad injury, and the victim could suffer from amnesia, but they would survive it. Johnny became weak, and it depends on how much crystal meth he snorted up his nose.. 

No, I really don't think "anyone" could. 

The force of those stomps was clearly insanely aggressive, specifically the final one. I was honestly surprised Johnny's head didn't just pop or crush from the sheer force of that impact. 

Not to mention the fact that there could have been fragments of the bottle still stuck in Johnny's head. So those fragments could've been pushed deeper and deeper the more the head was stomped.

That would've killed anyone. Weakened by meth or not.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:10 PM Edited by TheDeaconBosco, 04 August 2014 - 01:10 PM.

Those stomps felt they actually opened Johnny's skull since the very first one, they sounded very... mushy, for lack of a better word.

I don't know about the bottle though, seems the brunt of the impact hit Johnny in the face, not the skull, and the worse he got from that was a cut on the cheek.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

On a somewhat unrelated note, there's a funny glitch where he can come back to life, you have to use the Jerry can, basically, put a line of petrol up the hill nearby from johnny behind the sign, set it a light and Johnny will strangely get up, he doesn't do anything, just kinda stands there... I you touch him in the slightest or shoot him, he will fall down and be dead again. Obviously a glitch and doesn't affect the mission, but still fun to do.

jordanpumah
  • jordanpumah

Time Lord

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Although Johnny's death was kinda just slapped in there, I guess it was a nice way to show how low some people fall with drugs, (referring to both Johnny and Trevor)

I just kind of wish it could have been a bit more extended, ie;

it showed off T's special ability. So the same thing happens as the one we have, Trevor goes out to Johnny who is confronting him, and then you get in a fight with Johnny, and he runs onto his bike and speeds off. So Trevor, Ron, and Wade go after him, and chase him, uh, I don't know, up to the clubhouse by Paleto Bay, and then there's this big shootout inside and outside of the clubhouse with those default weapons Trevor starts with, and after killing the cannon fodder bikers who are mixed with the other supporting bikers from TLAD (you know, Clay, Terry, etc) Trevor finds Johnny in the back of the clubhouse or the bathroom, whatever, and that's where he kills Johnny.

or there could even be a choice of whether or not to kill him. I dunno, I just feel there was enough of a mission, in that mission. R* really wasted a lot of potential for some very epic missions. Oh well I suppose.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

I just kind of wish it could have been a bit more extended, ie;

it showed off T's special ability. 

I wish there were missions which used more special abilities, especially Micheal's... I NEVER used it during any missions, the game never really had encouraged you to use it, hell I completely forgot about it (could of made 'Bury the hatchet' a lot easier)

Going back on topic, I wish there was build up to johnny's death, chasing him down, and you can execute him yourself instead of the use of a cutscene (This is what made the 2 Kill endings not as great as I hoped).

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

I'm kind of disappointed that Johnny, being a biker, and Trevor, being a pilot, didn't have an epic chopper vs chopper fight.

• B Dawg, Spaghetti Cat, SCOOBASTEEB and 1 other like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

I'm kind of disappointed that Johnny, being a biker, and Trevor, being a pilot, didn't have an epic chopper vs chopper fight.

That would've been f*cking awesome. 

Buzzard versus Hexer.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You sing about breaking faces! LCHC!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by B Dawg, 04 August 2014 - 06:41 PM.

That would've been f*cking awesome. 

Buzzard versus Hexer.

Lol just like the game mode in TLAD Multiplayer, Chopper VS Chopper. That would have been sweet lmfao. Johnny ragdolls off his blown up bike all pissed off and escapes in an alley or something plotting his revenge.

'Brother Clay, can you get me a Hexer? :D'

• Xerukal likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

No, I really don't think "anyone" could. 

The force of those stomps was clearly insanely aggressive, specifically the final one. I was honestly surprised Johnny's head didn't just pop or crush from the sheer force of that impact. 

Not to mention the fact that there could have been fragments of the bottle still stuck in Johnny's head. So those fragments could've been pushed deeper and deeper the more the head was stomped.

That would've killed anyone. Weakened by meth or not.

NO THEY WONT DIIEIEEEEEEEE

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

They could have either made the predictable story line of Johnny vs Trevor, or added a talking point by making Trevor look like a mad man. I think it was better for the story that he died.. He's not the same as he was in TLaD so I'm not really bothered.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

In the Ammu-nation in sandy shores, if you go in as Trevor, the guy says "I kinda liked Johnny K."

Obviously Trevor isn't pleased with this, I can't remember what he says afterwards, but its funny.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

In the Ammu-nation in sandy shores, if you go in as Trevor, the guy says "I kinda liked Johnny K."

Obviously Trevor isn't pleased with this, I can't remember what he says afterwards, but its funny.

trevor: lel his brain is on my boot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users