Photo

[Spoilers] No Respect for the Lost

135 replies to this topic
Hardline_Pro
  • Hardline_Pro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

This game has no respect for women either.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm glad Trevor curb-stomped that pussy

Spoiler
I LOL when he was bangin his girlfriend. Little boys like
Spoiler
don't last long around real men. That's just realism at its best. I think it was a great way to shock players and a good decision.

jukebox
  • jukebox

Sgt. Knox

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by jukebox, 20 September 2013 - 07:57 PM.

its gta...when have they ever respected anything. The game is built around stereotypes and it wont stop

gta513
  • gta513

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

That moment made me hate trevor forever rip johnny u were a g

Hardline_Pro
  • Hardline_Pro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

its gta...when have they ever respected anything. The game is built around stereotypes and it wont stop

They respect misogynistic men.

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:29 PM Edited by Reshe, 20 September 2013 - 10:32 PM.

They respect misogynistic men.

They kicked it up a notch, and i'm glad for it, because of the radical feminists recently.

Johnny was my second favorite character, second to Tommy Vercetti. Trevor stomped his boot into a legend, and that's what i'm pissed about.

EminentDomain17
  • EminentDomain17

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

I thought the way Trevor killed him was great. Johnny was my favorite too from gta Iv . Didn't care for Niko or whatever the other guys name is...can't think of it at moment. However , the way they had Trevor introduced by killing someone especially playable character from gta iv was awesome. It shows the lack of remorse R* has. It shows any character is just human and don't die from heroic deaths. He was a washed up biker addicted to drugs and in pitty over his meth head "girl" who even was fcked up in gta iv. Trevor takes no sh*t. Whether that was CJ, Niko, or tommy ... He would of done the same I'm sure. However niko is a traine soldier ...so is Trevor but niko isn't a crack head. I think niko would of reversed that to Trevor lying dead. On the flip side... Trevor is crazy. Michael and franklin are my favorite..both in different ways. Frankie has drive and a more of a future as a playable character in future games. Michael is just bad ass and don't give a f*ck. I also respect michaels ingenuity. Smart guy.

EminentDomain17
  • EminentDomain17

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

As for respect for women ... It's gta man. That's the aspect of it. The entire game rag in America lol. It's a game that gets away with new than imaginable for a video game... Yet R* does every time. Hence their respect in the gaming community. Best devopers periode. Not a fan boy. Just respect how they take their time. Keep to their words and LISTEN to their fans. As for stereotypes about women. It makes the typical black thug , white rich man who hates his life an the white meth head. It Is gta . How it has always been.

megladon6
  • megladon6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

I want to point out that at first Trevor shows no sign of realizing that he killed Johnny. ex. "COME ON! GET THE F*** UP!". He almost seems surprised that he did that like later

Spoiler
its almost like he has two personalities. I respect R* for this bold move. bc it impacts you alot more than just some random npc.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

While I didn't like TLAD, I respect the OP's opinion that he liked (or wanted to like) the TLAD biker story, and I agree with the OP that it could have and should have been a better biker story, with strong characters doing important things, rather than being pissed off, f*cked up and generally getting killed and having their clubhouse burned down at the end.  It was pretty much of a loser story from start to finish. 

Then the further disrepect of The Lost in GTAV is just twisting the knife again.  It's like somebody in Rockstar either really hates bikers or just does not understand them and assumes they are all loser low life brutes (or in the case of Billy, loser pretentious pseudophilosphers).  There was no redeeming value in either Lost story, and it seems like an opportunity was missed, where a complex biker gang was included in the game, and then just wasted.  

Also, it almost seems like the GTAV writers wanted to dis the whole TLAD storyline even more with the weak treatment of Johnny and the bikers.  Maybe there was an internal difference of creative opinion within Rockstar, about bikers. 

• Gabedawg likes this

EASTC0AST_GH05T
  • EASTC0AST_GH05T

Disallow Nation

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

They made johnny go out like a little bitch lol. Trevor merked floyd too. killing floyd the cousin of his slacky friend after crashing at his place and screwing it up was even more grimmey. Floyds mean girlfriend deserved to die but not floyd, he was already such a weak push over 

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

The Lost was a let down too me from the start.. They could have made someone cooler then Johnny.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

I love hunting down the Lost and murdering them all. 

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Rubber Duck them those Xbox DLC exclusive scumbags The Lost.

I was only gutted that it was a cutscene and I couldn't mash buttons so I could kick his head in myself, I thought Trevor wasn't severe enough.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

It's a subliminal message, GTA V stomps on GTA IV's head.

Dead_general
  • Dead_general

Big easy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

He died a washed up crack head. Drugs women and gangs when does that ever end well. Makes you realize its not all driving off into the sunset happy. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

f*ck the LMC. Bunch of racist, drug-addled idiots. Each and every one of them deserved to die. 

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

If you actually paid attention to the whole story o f the lost and the dammed and gta v...you see all the hints that Johnny was on the slippery slope to hell...even Billy who was a better leader (apart from the grasssing) said Johnny was too soft and that he would put the final nail in the coffin for lost, he was far too in love with Ashley.

The lost who were a former shadow of themselves tried to muscling on  san andreas but ended up addicted to drugs via psychotic Trevor.

Yes Johnny was a good character better then Luis anyways but am glad he got killed by better and more twisted character like Trevor who would probably make Billy cringe.

GTA aint no fairy tale world with happy endings lol

• IAMSHUGO, Gigs84, Dead_general and 1 other like this

Dead_general
  • Dead_general

Big easy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

^^^ yep that ^^^

t9x69
  • t9x69

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm going to say he (Johnny) and the Lost are more involved in GTA Online. Especially considering it's before the events in 5. I just find it hard to believe that Rockstar would bring that character back, along with putting the Lost in GTA V just to have them eliminated within the first hour of playing as Trevor. One more day and I guess we'll find out. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Meh well Trevor is a psycho, I don't like him anyways.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

The Lost MC was nothing more than a bunch of pot heads and racist degenerates. Johnny was cool but the lost ruined him.

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

I know it's just a game, and nothing in it is real, and everything is fake fake fake, I get it, I'm not a dumbass.  I just feel the need to rant.

I really like stuff about gangsters, the Mafia, street gang, scriminal underworld, and bikers - especially bikers, so it should come as no surprise when I saw that I really liked The Lost and Damned.

Even so, that game pissed me off.  Instead of seeing a functional and awesome biker gang, you see the fall and decay of it.  Jason dies, Jim dies, then you kill practically every Lost member in the city, and finally you kill Billy - the supposed President of the whole thing.

And then you get to GTA V and see the f*cked up death of Johnny Klebitz - mind you my favorite character in GTA.  Afterwards you kill Clay and Terry, which I am biased to like, and then you kill every single Lost member in San Andreas.

I know this sh*t doesn't matter, but maybe Johnny's not your favorite character.  This move really pisses me the hell off.

Done ranting.

I also like Motorcycle Clubs and I was hoping there would be at least two in GTA V, but there is only The Lost MC which is weird considering in 2008 The Angels of Death seemed to have a strong presence in San Andreas judging by the website in IV. Guess a lot changes in 5 years, just like Johnny getting back with Ashley and becoming a meth head. 

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Didn't read the thread, but I unlocked Trevor yesterday and agree with OP.

How do you write a great story, with an amazing conclusion in IV, only to throw ALL the writing down the toilet? Ridiculous.

• Niobium likes this

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

If you actually paid attention to the whole story o f the lost and the dammed and gta v...you see all the hints that Johnny was on the slippery slope to hell...even Billy who was a better leader (apart from the grasssing) said Johnny was too soft and that he would put the final nail in the coffin for lost, he was far too in love with Ashley.

The lost who were a former shadow of themselves tried to muscling on  san andreas but ended up addicted to drugs via psychotic Trevor.

Yes Johnny was a good character better then Luis anyways but am glad he got killed by better and more twisted character like Trevor who would probably make Billy cringe.

GTA aint no fairy tale world with happy endings lol

Bingo. What happened to him was foreshadowed in the Lost and The Damned. It was inevitable.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

get a life

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Me and my buddy were not happy about that scene.

felixuta
  • felixuta

The Real Deal yo!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by felixuta, 30 September 2013 - 01:10 PM.

f*ck the "lost", I hate them dumb bikers, just being gay and making trouble. Trevor is a lot more likeable....

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:12 PM Edited by tinman187, 30 September 2013 - 01:17 PM.

Not only did Trevor stomp Johnny, but when his girlfriend was crying all over his dead body, I kinda ran her over with my car, felt a bit evil doin that

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

Johnny is a hypocrite, he used to be a hard ass biker who despised meth. 5 years down the line he's a skinny meth head pussy who lets people get away with f*cking his woman and allows himself to be treated like a bitch. I used to like him but good riddance.

They ruined him

They didn't ruin him. They showed his downfall after the events of GTA:IV. Jason's dead, Jim's dead, Billy's dead, the clubhouse is gone, every other member turned their back on Johnny, and he never actually let go of Ashley. He stuck to her like an annoying piece of gum. And she used him to keep herself comfortable, and didn't mind who f*cker her or who she smoked with.

So he let everyone treat him like Ashley did. He didn't have self respect anymore, therefore became a methhead and went down very fast when Trevor attacked him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users