Quantcast

» «
Photo

Residential Properties (Pretty Sure You can Purchase Them)

203 replies to this topic
Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Well whats the deal with the lynn(?) avery site? I know its something avery, idr the first name. It shows houses for sale and will GPS them but you cannot buy them and there are no signs for them when you get there. It looks similiar to the dynasty8 site.

That site is just there for immersion and it's part of a stranger mission, I do believe. It's not meant to be an interact-able site like Dynasty 8.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 23 September 2013 - 09:57 PM.

I knew it was for online all this time. Why else would it be under maintanence? Online is coming soon, so there was clearly a link. But the way rockstar are going about it is confusing as f*ck. If we can't buy them, WHY MAKE US GO ALL THE WAY TO THE PROPERTY FOR NO REASON?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

My theory is it was cut from SP to put into Online and beef it up.

That or they ran into major problems with the system in SP and had to cut it out.

Either way, it was cut out based on everything we've been told and based on what we can see in game. The foundation is there, it's just not implemented, it seems like.

R* I am disappoint. Everything else I love but I am disappoint srs here.

Hawkey
  • Hawkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

It's impressive, i was looking forward to the property purchasing in Single Player.. As it was advertised in the trailers.
I've got knowledge of a small group of Danish and Swedish people claiming "False Advertising" "Misleading media representation" and actually getting full refunds for their copies. In Scandinavia it is illegal to mislead or doing false media representation, and this includes hefty fines for the publisher if they ever wish to publish their products in Scandinavia again. Hence, i hope for a patch, or that the GTA Online download, atleast unlocks the properties for use in Single Player AKA Story Mode

GTAfan4life12
  • GTAfan4life12

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by GTAfan4life12, 23 September 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Implying everything we did see in the gameplay video was related to singleplayer. Not to even mention the fact that they were telling us what we could spend our money on in SP that we earn through heists and so forth.

So either this was a last minute change, something went wrong and it is supposed to be in there, or it truly was Online only from the beginning and R* tro lol lol'd by misleading us. The May previews for singleplayer also stated that: "You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources."

I think a lot of content was cut at for the online. It seems like they should also be more heists. The random people you can find to help in a heist and gaining experience in a heist is pointless. Most of the time you cant use the same people in the next heist. It really seems like the game was meant to have more heists. Also not sure if I missed something but seems like a lot was cut with that women Franklin knows. One phone call early in in a strip club and she appears at his house all of sudden. Seems like content is missing in interaction between them. This is one problem I now have with the game.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:13 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 23 September 2013 - 10:15 PM.

^

That rule is retarded. It's not technically false advertisement if they had to CUT it out. And what difference does it make if you can't buy them anyway? Dictatorship at it's best lol. It's not a gamebreaker.

However, I was really expecting heists in free roam. REALLY expecting them. It shouldn't have been THAT hard to do it. Seems that it is also coming to online as they've been boasting about it in the trailer.

They could have just kept it in both SP and MP, unless there was a problem.

• Jedibaker91 likes this

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

It's impressive, i was looking forward to the property purchasing in Single Player.. As it was advertised in the trailers.
I've got knowledge of a small group of Danish and Swedish people claiming "False Advertising" "Misleading media representation" and actually getting full refunds for their copies. In Scandinavia it is illegal to mislead or doing false media representation, and this includes hefty fines for the publisher if they ever wish to publish their products in Scandinavia again. Hence, i hope for a patch, or that the GTA Online download, atleast unlocks the properties for use in Single Player AKA Story Mode

Let me start saying you're totally right, it was "False Advertising". But why would you want to get a refund? come on...the game is great nonetheless, it deserved my money.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Implying everything we did see in the gameplay video was related to singleplayer. Not to even mention the fact that they were telling us what we could spend our money on in SP that we earn through heists and so forth.

So either this was a last minute change, something went wrong and it is supposed to be in there, or it truly was Online only from the beginning and R* tro lol lol'd by misleading us. The May previews for singleplayer also stated that: "You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources."

I think a lot of content was cut at for the online. It seems like they should also be more heists. The random people you can find to help in a heist and gaining experience in a heist is pointless. Most of the time you cant use the same people in the next heist. It really seems like the game was meant to have more heists. Also not sure if I missed something but seems like a lot was cut with that women Franklin knows. One phone call early in in a strip club and she appears at his house all of sudden. Seems like content is missing in interaction between them. This is one problem I now have with the game.

I am getting the same feeling here, it does seem like things were cut or scarified for Online. I am very much looking forward to Online for the first time in any game but I also enjoy the free-roam of singleplayer, you know? It's what I buy GTA games for, mainly.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by CallTheCoroner, 23 September 2013 - 11:33 PM.

For the amount of things they said you could spend your money in SP, I find myself getting bored a lot faster than I would like.

I also found the story to be a lot shorter than I anticipated. Here I am, finished with the story, 24 Milli in the bank and I'm running out of sh*t to do.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

It would be nice to have a safe house in the northern part of the map. It does kind make me wonder. Niko had a safe house on every island except one.

It's hardly a game breaker though.

internetjackass
  • internetjackass

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

If I can throw my theory into the bucket:

Seems to me, most of these things were cut out due to memory issues. Some of those limitations are already f*cking with the game (Liquor stores and gas stations that are forever closed, and obviously the properties issues). Instead of trying to squeeze in these bits onto one disc, the initial game, it make sense to cut them now and include those features in a separate download disguised as GTA Online (+plus offline content cut before release due to x reasons).

IF, and only IF, that's the case, then their silence up to this point makes sense, and i'm sure everyone would be willing to wait another week for the awesome that is property ownership on the beach!

However, i'm just trying to look on the bright side. They've netted a $1 BILLION dollar heist of their own with careful planning, I just hope we get the full piece of the pie we paid for, lol.

P.S I visited the Dynasty 8 website on day 1. I could only do the GPS coordinates option, not purchase.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:05 AM Edited by Cyper, 24 September 2013 - 08:07 AM.

^

That rule is retarded. It's not technically false advertisement if they had to CUT it out. And what difference does it make if you can't buy them anyway? Dictatorship at it's best lol. It's not a gamebreaker.

However, I was really expecting heists in free roam. REALLY expecting them. It shouldn't have been THAT hard to do it. Seems that it is also coming to online as they've been boasting about it in the trailer.

They could have just kept it in both SP and MP, unless there was a problem.

That's absolute nonsense.

It's irrelevant whenever they ''had'' to cut content out or not.

When you advertise you have responsibility. For obvious reasons you can't advertise a product by telling lies or in someway mislead your customers. For example, if you advertise your new super ergonomical car, you can't just then say to your customer that ''Unfortunately, the ergonomical seats were cut out because of of the problems we encountered in the process of developing them'', or ''Well, only 3/10 ten cars sold is ergonomical''. Unless that information was both available and obvious for the customer in the first place.  If it wasn't then it's false marketing.

Just because it is Rockstar Games, or any other gaming company doesn't make it right. GTA V is just another product not something holy.

It's a good rule because it hinders companies to spew out a load of lies about their Products.

• Wolfe19 likes this

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

sure does look like they gutted stuff from sp for online. maybe they will add some sp content when gta o comes out but that is most likely just wishful thinking

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

P.S I visited the Dynasty 8 website on day 1. I could only do the GPS coordinates option, not purchase.

No you did not, I was on the Dynasty 8 Website almost 24/7 in the first 2 days because I thought it would go online soon due to SocialClub issues. I've had the game early and BAWSAQ was working (I stopped checking a day after release when I was told BAWSAQ is linked to SC, that's when I realized that D8 wont be there until GTA:O). I literally checked the website after every mission I did and periodically when freeroaming.

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hate to break it to you guys, but I used the collector's edition map with the secrets on it to visit all of the "safehouses" listed on it, and they're all hotels/motels (except for 2, one which is the Downtown Cab Co. building, and another is an abandoned Auto Repair shop in the Grand Senora Desert).

Then I went to the GTAO trailer and watched it again to see what the lady said, and she said you could buy "Apartments".

If you're hoping to buy a beach house or a mansion, you should probably cut it out right now.

http://streamerhouse...3/09/BPTMap.jpg

There's the map to explore it for yourself if you don't believe me.

Wolfe19
  • Wolfe19

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by Wolfe19, 24 September 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Hate to break it to you guys, but I used the collector's edition map with the secrets on it to visit all of the "safehouses" listed on it, and they're all hotels/motels (except for 2, one which is the Downtown Cab Co. building, and another is an abandoned Auto Repair shop in the Grand Senora Desert).

Then I went to the GTAO trailer and watched it again to see what the lady said, and she said you could buy "Apartments".

If you're hoping to buy a beach house or a mansion, you should probably cut it out right now.

Yet in the gameplay trailer released on July 9th they clearly state you can buy realty on Dynasty8, then it goes on about Online. So it was either cut or it COULD have been buggy/glitched right before/at release so they closed it down for now (just a VERY hopeful theory...), I really hope it is in SP otherwise it will be one more thing i'm disappointed in. I do love the game a lot. Rockstar just made some decisions that i'm not happy with.

Most of the things i'm frustrated in are mostly small thing, but there arr quite a lot of things. Like, i thought the car mods would be more in depth or more cars would have better mods, And so on.

Oops, I got offtopic. Oh well lol.

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yet in the gameplay trailer released on July 9th they clearly state you can buy realty on Dynasty8, then it goes on about Online. So it was either cut or it COULD have been buggy/glitched right before/at release so they closed it down for now (just a VERY hopeful theory...) I really hope it is in SP otherwise it will be one more thing i'm disappointed in.

Watch the gameplay video again at that point. The thing for sale is actually an apartment, of a hotel, like all of the other safehouses. These buildings on the map have no interiors, they're just empty shells that you'll use the door to teleport into your apartment in GTAO with.

There are no houses to buy, and there never were. The "real estate" she's talking about are garages, ports, helipads, hangars and businesses.

The video was deceptive in its presentation, like the way they phrased the classic characters collector's edition bonus, "Unlock classic characters for use in GTA Online's character creation system", knowing that people would take it to mean that they could play as those characters.

They weren't lying, but they weren't being entirely truthful either.

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

I checked Dynasty on day 1.

It was working

Do you remember what it allowed you to do? Just add the location to your GPS or actually purchase it?

Dynasty 8 Worked on Day 1 for me too (after getting my copy at midnight release).

You could click on the minimap on the site which brought up a bigger map with the icons on, then you could click each property icon brought which up a page like this:

2w3qjap.jpg

Although I'm sure instead of where it says 'purchase property' in that screenshot it said 'register interest' in-game. (I didn't have enough money to buy it anyway)

So anyway I clicked 'Get Directions' and it just puts the purple waypoint on your map to a GPS route of the property location.

When I arrived at the 2 properties I tried I found no way of actually buying them so assumed they would work just as investments somehow.

Wolfe19
  • Wolfe19

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

@AllenKS
I see, I re-watched it... It appears to be what you say.... I do wish that Dynasty8 wasn't on SP, because it really got my (and others) hopes up.

I really dislike this move towards online. But oh well. It's still a good game. A fairly buggy game, that is.

Wolfe19
  • Wolfe19

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

I checked Dynasty on day 1.

It was working

Do you remember what it allowed you to do? Just add the location to your GPS or actually purchase it?

Dynasty 8 Worked on Day 1 for me too (after getting my copy at midnight release).

You could click on the minimap on the site which brought up a bigger map with the icons on, then you could click each property icon brought which up a page like this:
2w3qjap.jpg

Although I'm sure instead of where it says 'purchase property' in that screenshot it said 'register interest' in-game. (I didn't have enough money to buy it anyway)
So anyway I clicked 'Get Directions' and it just puts the purple waypoint on your map to a GPS route of the property location.
When I arrived at the 2 properties I tried I found no way of actually buying them so assumed they would work just as investments somehow.
It would make sense if we could invest in realty, it could help in getting more cash. I mean, properties don't give much cash when compared to how much you pay for them. unless i'm missing something.

Keviolaf01
  • Keviolaf01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Dude the houses will be for the online , r* already confirmed that , so shut up

Wolfe19
  • Wolfe19

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by Wolfe19, 24 September 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Dude the houses will be for the online , r* already confirmed that , so shut up

Are you talking to me?
If so, no, I will not shut up. It MAY have been confirmed (key word "MAY"), but it was never clearly confirmed. Leaving us to guess and speculate. If all you have to add to this thread is "Dude the houses will be for online , r* already confirmed that , so shut up." Don't even bother. Besides, there won't be houses online either, there will be apartments.

Have a nice day.

Wolfe

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Why can't they just come right out and say it?

If you inquire further for a clear yes or no answer, they just ignore.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Dammit I want more garage space, that's it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users