Quantcast

» «
Photo

Residential Properties (Pretty Sure You can Purchase Them)

203 replies to this topic
Celtics
  • Celtics

Montreality.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

They saw we're crying all over the Internet about not having safehouses so they're going to add that feature in SP but we won't be able to get inside our cribs just like the businesses...

I still don't get it, I just don't... This isn't 2004 anymore R*.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by MeGusta90, 23 September 2013 - 12:29 AM.

I checked Dynasty on day 1.

It was working

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

youtube.com/watch?v=ATKZg_21AIo

30 missions in gta v i bought this safehouse with franklin

You don't buy that safehouse, you get given it.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

It was working

Do you remember what it allowed you to do? Just add the location to your GPS or actually purchase it?

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:53 AM Edited by Acetaminophen, 23 September 2013 - 12:57 AM.

It's pretty crappy what R* has done...

Well there is nothing about this is the Games Guide. So either it was cut from the guide or R* lied to us. 

VIPERGTSR01
  • VIPERGTSR01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

They saw we're crying all over the Internet about not having safehouses so they're going to add that feature in SP but we won't be able to get inside our cribs just like the businesses...

Source?

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

Source?

speculation. nobody really knows.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Yes, that is speculation we don't really know.

Two people in this thread have said that they were able to get on Dynasty 8 on the 17th before it all went down though.

highland0wolf
  • highland0wolf

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

pretty sure the Dynasty 8 screen shots are from the GTA O

neo92boi
  • neo92boi

Agent is still coming to PS4....

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by neo92boi, 23 September 2013 - 06:23 PM.

I have a feeling all our gripes will be solved come October 1st...

I honestly feel that GTAO is like the second half to this half of a game we have with SP GTA V

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

If you check the blueprint map it shows the safehouses including the one in the gameplay trailer. I honestly think they will be adding interiors with the online download which is are going to be safehouses. Otherwise why would dynasty 8 still exist in SP alone.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by Audiophile, 23 September 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Lol'd.

So my friend sent R* a support ticket about Dynasty 8 as well to see if he can get a different answer that actually explains something.....here it is:

Thank you for contacting R* support.

This website is not available in Story Mode by design. In Single Player, you can buy properties by checking the pause menu map, going to the location, and walking up to the realty sign in front of the house. Look for icons on the map that look like a house with a dollar symbol inside.

Cheers,
R*

"and walking up to the realty sign in front of the house."

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Not sure if confused and meant businesses or legit meant houses which you can't buy by walking up to them.....the Dynasty 8 signs do exist in front of residential properties but you cannot buy them by walking up to them as you can businesses....

I bet if everyone sends a support ticket about it, they will all get differing answers. :lol:

Anyways, he responded to them saying you can only do that with businesses and so forth so I'll post the answer here when he gets one.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Future Uncle

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

That apartment seen in the trailer, 0115 Bay City Avenue or whatever, is listed on the Blueprint map as a safehouse..

i went there, too low res to be enterable

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well this is terrible.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by Audiophile, 23 September 2013 - 07:31 PM.

It was as I had initially figured, an Online only feature.

But the fact that I found that part in the manual, the blueprint map has safehouses marked all over it, what we were shown and told in the gameplay video which was separate from Online, the fact that if you go to those locations you see a Dynasty 8 sign and the garages open etc. etc. all made me believe maybe there is a chance. In addition to the fact that in Online I believe you can only buy apartments and it's an instance because of the nature of Online and how it's set up rather than a physical location on the map itself.

We'll see what happens, I suppose. Friend replied to the ticket asking for further clarification and the support guy did say "houses", businesses aren't houses....but again, probably just a mistake.

We'll see. Will post once he gets a response. If he gets one... :lol:

Maybe some of you guys can send tickets, too asking about Dynasty 8 and clarification on residential properties in singleplayer.

Rooodv19
  • Rooodv19

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Got this email from R* moments ago.

Hi Rowandevries18,

Thank you for contacting R* support.

This website is not available in Story Mode by design. In Single Player, you can buy properties by checking the pause menu map, going to the location, and walking up to the realty sign in front of the house. Look for icons on the map that look like a house with a dollar symbol inside.

Cheers,
R*

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, my friend got the same response earlier today as I posted above.

So it's a copy pasta response.

Rooodv19
  • Rooodv19

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

I send them this,

Dear rockstar,

i would like to start of by saying how impressed i am by what you have done in creating GTAV it's a fantastic achievement and you should all be proud of yourself.

now to my issue, when you released the singleplayer trailer it showed at the end right before the point when it said ''and then there is gta online'' it showed you can buy houses on the website dynasty 8 however now this is not possible maybe you took it out i dont know i hope you guys give me a direct answer and not a automatic one i just want to hear yes this will be possible soon or no it wont.
i hope its possible it means a great deal to a lot of gamers! i hope you can help me by answering this question!

Kind regards,

Rowan de Vries
  • jm220 likes this

Rooodv19
  • Rooodv19

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Thats f*cking gay, i send back thanks for the reply but why did you put buying houses in the single player trailer then? Kinda pointless right? Probably wont hear anything more

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Guys, clearly anything related to safehouses has to do with GTAO. You can buy them there, that's why there is still mention. R* said they aren't in SP. End of story.

This is what I keep hearing, but why show a big button saying "purchase property" in the SINGLEPLAYER trailer if it's GTAO only? 

Seems a bit misleading..There's actually a good bit of features left out of singleplayer that are in multiplayer. Very disappointing.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Guys, clearly anything related to safehouses has to do with GTAO. You can buy them there, that's why there is still mention. R* said they aren't in SP. End of story.

This is what I keep hearing, but why show a big button saying "purchase property" in the SINGLEPLAYER trailer if it's GTAO only? 

Seems a bit misleading..There's actually a good bit of features left out of singleplayer that are in multiplayer. Very disappointing.

Pretty much what I am asking, too.

Especially when at the end you hear "and then there is GTA: Online which we will be showing you properly soon".

"And then there is".

"And then".

Implying everything we did see in the gameplay video was related to singleplayer. Not to even mention the fact that they were telling us what we could spend our money on in SP that we earn through heists and so forth.

So either this was a last minute change, something went wrong and it is supposed to be in there, or it truly was Online only from the beginning and R* tro lol lol'd by misleading us. The May previews for singleplayer also stated that: "You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources."

Napalmbrain
  • Napalmbrain

What is Buzz?

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Something is weird here.

We were led to believe from the trailer that houses are in SP. It seems odd that we can't even purchase one more house for each character, yet I see properties ALL OVER the game world with realty sign in front of them, meaning it's for sale.

I am still holding out hope that this is in the game, but not functioning. Also, I thought we can only have an apartment in GTAO? SO how could these properties be Online only?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Something is weird here.

We were led to believe from the trailer that houses are in SP. It seems odd that we can't even purchase one more house for each character, yet I see properties ALL OVER the game world with realty sign in front of them, meaning it's for sale.

I am still holding out hope that this is in the game, but not functioning. Also, I thought we can only have an apartment in GTAO? SO how could these properties be Online only?

Exactly. We were told that for Online you can only purchase an apartment and this is because of the way Online is meant to function and they can make the apartments an instance rather than a physical location on the map because that wouldn't work well otherwise when you have 16 players all buying properties etc.

Yet on the blueprint map you have all these safehouses, there are Dynasty 8 signs all over if you go to those marked locations, some of the garages open when you stand in front of them.

I don't know what to believe. :lol:

Redmore
  • Redmore

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

So you can only buy apartments in GTA:O and not houses? That's majorly disappointing, especially since you can't buy houses in SP. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

What kind of misleading tactic is this? Coming from Rockstar too? Are they f*cking mentally ill or something? So previews say you can buy houses and whatnot in single player, and now we can't? It is possible it got cut, but what reason is there? I now know we can't buy them, but what if along side downloading the online, there is a patch included with it? Probably a bit far fetched but what the hell.

Table215
  • Table215

COFFEE BREAK

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

when you all have time go to http://www.bitly.com/17cKyEL

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

http://support.rocks...n-Single-Player

Lolololol'd.

This is where the copy pasta came from.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

It was working

Do you remember what it allowed you to do? Just add the location to your GPS or actually purchase it?

If I remember correctly, it had FULL OPTIONS.

Set GPS, purchase etc etc.

But of course, like everyone else I was poor and couldn't afford anything

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

It was working

If I remember correctly, it had FULL OPTIONS.

Set GPS, purchase etc etc.

But of course, like everyone else I was poor and couldn't afford anything

Interesting.

Except today we are being told that Dynasty 8 is not included in Story Mode as the copy pasta answers posted above indicate.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well whats the deal with the lynn(?) avery site? I know its something avery, idr the first name. It shows houses for sale and will GPS them but you cannot buy them and there are no signs for them when you get there. It looks similiar to the dynasty8 site.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users