Quantcast

» «
Photo

Residential Properties (Pretty Sure You can Purchase Them)

203 replies to this topic
Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

I don't see why the support rep can't give a clear answer. It was the same thing with Rockstar regarding properties. I like when people keep it clear and simple without playing around with words.

If it's not possible to buy residentials in Singleplayer, then it might be worth to make a petetition about it. I understand if there may be techniqal problems with the player having like 70 safehouses.

But in my opinion it should be possible to choose, pick from a great variety and then have at least two safehouses. For instance, it would make it possible to have one safehouse in Los Santos and then somewhere in the countryside.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Stop treating people like they are retarded we are well aware that it's not a 500 GB feature.

As for adding immersion and just being "there", that could very well be the case but what would be the point of having it closed right now and not just there like the other real estate websites are? Those are up and you cannot do anything on them aside from just look for immersion.

Maybe it is the case that it's only useable for Online and just "there" in SP but that could also not be the case. No need to dismiss the possibility all together until Dynasty 8 goes up and we see the purpose of it.

Speculation never hurts, that's the purpose of a forum, just no need to take everything as fact and get hopes up.

• I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT likes this

lowridincrew
  • lowridincrew

The WerkHeads Vice President

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Maybe it's DLC? 

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Maybe it's DLC? 

I hope not. That would be a serious dick move especially since it looks like it was supposed to be in the game to begin with. :lol:

The May previews stated that: You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.

Suppose this could have been over-exaggerated but everything else on that list is in game.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

I would like to weigh in here....
I think we could buy properties....
Lets look at the facts:

Why tease use with the website and gps option?
R* said their purpose of including properities would be to have something to spend money on.
Even though the dynasty website isnt currently operational for anyone, it was on day 1 but i never bothered clicking on "add gps location to map" since you had no money in beginning of game.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Lets look at the facts:

R* said their purpose of including properities would be to have something to spend money on.
Even though the dynasty website isnt currently operational for anyone, it was on day 1 but i never bothered clicking on "add gps location to map" since you had no money in beginning of game.

Wait, you were able to get on it?

I think you're the first person that I've heard say that. It's been down for me ever since I started playing and several other friends that started. Of course, most of us started playing on the 17th when the majority of these SC issues began.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:54 AM Edited by Iroquois, 22 September 2013 - 12:54 AM.

Lets look at the facts:

Wait, you were able to get on it?

I think you're the first person that I've heard say that. It's been down for me ever since I started playing and several other friends that started. Of course, most of us started playing on the 17th when the majority of these SC issues began.
Yep i got on it on the 1st day (17th). The first time i used the internet on the ingame phone, i browsed all main links and i was able to access all dynasty links such as its main screen, map and "add location to gps" screen. But i never clicked on it since there would of been no point since our characters were broke. I only accessed dynasty once that day, just that 1 time. Now every day past the 17th, i get the same error that the other +20 million ppl around the world are getting as well.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Huh...so I guess I am correct in saying that you can purchase residential properties?

Does it have a "purchase property" option or just "add to GPS" and so on? Maybe the Dynasty 8 signs in front of the properties are not working because the site itself is down.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will get it working again soon.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

A fantastical development in a dramatic tale.

fitbikesbmx
  • fitbikesbmx

V

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

If this idea has been posted before forgive me. Maybe I'm being hopeful.

In one of the trailers it said you can invest in risky ventures like stocks and real estate. All the businesses aren't that risky, they are actually a solid way to spend your money long term.

If there really are 60+ safe houses, maybe they will be linked online as others have stated. Then, there will be a system linked to online which makes them randomly available. This would simulate other people buying and selling houses. You can buy those properties, keep them to live in, or try to resell them at a profit.

Just as with stocks, buying at the right time would be vital, and the prices would fluctuate. All of this could be controlled by R* or more randomly by something like what other real players are buying and selling them for.

Hopefully I explained this well enough, just a theory.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Huh...so I guess I am correct in saying that you can purchase residential properties?

Does it have a "purchase property" option or just "add to GPS" and so on? Maybe the Dynasty 8 signs in front of the properties are not working because the site itself is down.

"Did it?" Past tense. Unfortunately i cant access it anymore since the 17th. As for the options for each individual property, I cant remember the exact titles of each link. However, the layout, if i remember correctly isnt exactly the same as seen in the GTA V trailer. It beared resemblance still but looked like the layout of the Avery Properties website but with the respective light green and yellow coloring.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

According to this: http://www.lightchan...perty-in-gta-v/ it appears you can buy properties? I'll have the game tomorrow (hopefully), so I will test it out then.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

"Did it?" Past tense. Unfortunately i cant access it anymore since the 17th. As for the options for each individual property, I cant remember the exact titles of each link. However, the layout, if i remember correctly isnt exactly the same as seen in the GTA V trailer. It beared resemblance still but looked like the layout of the Avery Properties website but with the respective light green and yellow coloring.

Oh I know, I realize you can't access it now. I was just asking if you remember that option there on the site itself to "purchase property".

@fitbikesbmx

I had that thought and mentioned it earlier in this thread, that perhaps the reason it's connected to Social Club is because the collective V community influences the price of real estate and so forth, kind of like BAWSAQ is the collective V community influencing stocks on there.

You put it much more eloquently than I had, I just mentioned it.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Oh I know, I realize you can't access it now. I was just asking if you remember that option there on the site itself to "purchase property".

Oh ok no problem. But i guess we'll just have to wait and see what R* will do with this website in the upcoming patch. I hope they wont remove it.

Vamp 1911
  • Vamp 1911

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:04 AM Edited by Vamp 1911, 22 September 2013 - 02:04 AM.

The more this story evolves, the more it does seem like the property buying and selling will be the same as the online trading. As bmx has just said, it will fluctuate according to the social club. Oct 1 will be the d-day.

VIPERGTSR01
  • VIPERGTSR01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

I just wish Rockstar would confirm how it all will work.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

Maybe if we all send them support tickets/mouthoff emails asking about it they will say something?

:lol:

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Sorry to be the one to shoot this down but, this is not possible. And, it isn't SocialClub - why? Well, when Bawsaq is down, it takes a few seconds (which is essentially your game trying to connect to the SocialClub servers) before it says it is down for Maintenance, the Dynasty8 website immediately displays that it is down for maintenance.

I am afraid to say these properties were infact cut from the final game, remnants of them can still be found when driving past as the garage doors of said properties will open, all of the properties with a Dynasty8 for sale sign, that have a garage, will open and allow the player to store a vehicle there. It doesn't save however.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there guys, but it's quite clear its been cut. It doesn't bother me, yeah of course I'd have liked a few more interiors but what Rockstar have provided as more than made up for it. I honestly think their original intention was to allow players to purchase property in single-player, however there was probably a major bug (which, if you think about it - was more than likely the whole garage shenanigans!). Those 4-car garage interiors seem rushed, which leads me to thinking this.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Sorry to be the one to shoot this down but, this is not possible. And, it isn't SocialClub - why? Well, when Bawsaq is down, it takes a few seconds (which is essentially your game trying to connect to the SocialClub servers) before it says it is down for Maintenance, the Dynasty8 website immediately displays that it is down for maintenance.

I am afraid to say these properties were infact cut from the final game, remnants of them can still be found when driving past as the garage doors of said properties will open, all of the properties with a Dynasty8 for sale sign, that have a garage, will open and allow the player to store a vehicle there. It doesn't save however.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there guys, but it's quite clear its been cut. It doesn't bother me, yeah of course I'd have liked a few more interiors but what Rockstar have provided as more than made up for it. I honestly think their original intention was to allow players to purchase property in single-player, however there was probably a major bug (which, if you think about it - was more than likely the whole garage shenanigans!). Those 4-car garage interiors seem rushed, which leads me to thinking this.

Well hello Mr. rockstar.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Well hello Mr. rockstar.

Might I add, it's a theory.. but a good one if you ask me. I am also looking for a comment on the newswire by Rockstar that basically confirms there are only businesses to purchase.

Check out the properties with a Dynasty8 sign with a car and watch the garage open. 

ballen205
  • ballen205

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

Well hello Mr. rockstar.

Might I add, it's a theory.. but a good one if you ask me. I am also looking for a comment on the newswire by Rockstar that basically confirms there are only businesses to purchase.

Check out the properties with a Dynasty8 sign with a car and watch the garage open. 

The garage opens for you?

We've found tons of signs nothing happens, we've call the number nothing happens, some times its just music when you call.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

Sometimes I feel like I am drowning.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

The garage opens for you?

We've found tons of signs nothing happens, we've call the number nothing happens, some times its just music when you call.

Yeah, no point calling any number in game they all lead to the same tone. Seriously, find a house with a Dynasty8 sign and walk up to the garage, that coupled with the seemingly last minute addition of those four-car garages, to me, confirm my assumptions that they were cut last minute.

But we all have our opinions, and, here Rockstar practically confirming no safehouses to buy. http://puu.sh/4x9Qb.png

Sometimes I feel like I am drowning.

That's real cool

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

I love how they can never just come right out and say it. They give vague responses and avoid the actual question, the game is out now you can stop hiding.

carlosy
  • carlosy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

I love how they can never just come right out and say it. They give vague responses and avoid the actual question, the game is out now you can stop hiding.

As we learned from the ingame itself, there is never enough money to make. So they will continue to hide.

Either there is/was a massive bug with "residential properties and saving cars in their garages" system

Or they have $$$ plans and some people decided to cut that out and make it DLC

Probably one DLC for

- Huge underground garage system, saving up to 100 cars.

- Buying residential properties

- Buying interior stuff for your residential properties

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

So weird. First they say no, then they say yes, then they show us footage of it, then we can't, so we ask, and they don't respond.

Scottyhg1
  • Scottyhg1

jar jar binks

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

i believe that u cant buy houses on single player if you look on the blueprint map at the houses you can buy and go to the locations than you will ee those intercoms to contact people in the house like the previews stated

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

According to this: http://www.lightchan...perty-in-gta-v/ it appears you can buy properties? I'll have the game tomorrow (hopefully), so I will test it out then.

That's actually a side-mission for Trevor. Nothing to do with buying properties unfortunately.

But man I'm driving round looking for possible properties that look enter-able and sh*t. r* pls y u do dis r* y

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yeah, there's some really nice houses in SA and I really wanted a beach house haha.

Here's hoping, I guess.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Honestly. Online will be a download over all. It is also 8gbs so it's fair to say they will be adding more content as well as co existing content for online and SP. which usually means interiors for the game overall. Wait to the 1st. I got money on it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users