Quantcast

» «
Photo

Residential Properties (Pretty Sure You can Purchase Them)

203 replies to this topic
poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

I think you can buy them. If you look at the blue print map, there's a ton of safehouses on there.

youtube.com/watch?v=ATKZg_21AIo

30 missions in gta v i bought this safehouse with franklin

You don't buy it, you get that one via story-progression.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by Audiophile, 19 September 2013 - 08:45 PM.

Interesting. That bit in the manual had me do a double-take as well, since clearly none of the businesses are residential properties. Perhaps the reason you don't get "safe houses", is because it would cause some issues, such as Michael moving to a new house, leaving the family behind, and as such, any new residential property is exactly that, an owned property, but not your "main" home.

Also, I still suspect the SC aspects are a clever piracy deterrent.

What I am thinking, too.

It is obvious from the manual and everything else that there is a clear distinction between what is regarded as a safe-house and as a residential property. Safe-houses are what you acquire from the storyline and start with. Michael only ever has his mansion as a safehouse, Franklin his aunt's house and the house you get from Lester, Trevor his trailer and 1-2 other safehouses he gets from the story (I heard Trevor gains two safehouses from the story but thus far I have only gotten Wade's cousin's place in L.S.).

I am guessing for technical reasons or whatever else they don't regard residential properties you can purchase as "safe-houses".

Again, we'll see when Dynasty 8 comes back up. Hopefully soon.

Just doesn't make sense to me for them to take something like this out of SP and leave it solely for Online. It is obvious the feature to purchase properties is in the game and it's looking more and more like it'll be in SP, too.

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Here's what to do, somebody FIND that apartment in the $250,000 sales ad and look to see if it has an interior.

• xinferio likes this

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Also, why not just disable the Dynasty8 site in SP entirely? That would have saved them a headache or two. Of course, since it was shown in the trailer, that would be a bit weird, but still, it wouldn't fuel all this current speculation.

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

So if we don't want out cars we bought to go away forever we need to have GTAO? What bullsh*t. And I bet stocks and all that sh*t is going to be drm and affect SP.

Are there any companies that put at least the same amount of effort into SP as they do MP? I thought rockstar was the last one, I really hope not..

arlindrex
  • arlindrex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Everyone is so worried about why we can't buy sh*t. We have two weeks until online releases. R* is probably going to release more sh*t on October 1st. The online part is the other half of this game, so just wait for it.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

We are waiting for it?

None of us are worried?

We just want to know and see if we can also purchase residential properties in SP since, you know, it's SP which is what most GTA games are about no matter how much we are all looking forward to GTA: O.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ok I just heard that there ARE in fact residential properties that you can buy AND enter but they are not what you would call a safehouse. They are separate from safehouses and businesses. Businesses you can buy because you can just go up to them and it lets you purchase them, residential properties are bought via the Dynasty 8 site.

In addition to this, in the manual you come across this:

10eew05.jpg

Just like what post #65 said, maybe this is the reason you guys are having problems losing the cars? There's no where for them to spawn?

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Ok I just heard that there ARE in fact residential properties that you can buy AND enter but they are not what you would call a safehouse. They are separate from safehouses and businesses. Businesses you can buy because you can just go up to them and it lets you purchase them, residential properties are bought via the Dynasty 8 site.

In addition to this, in the manual you come across this:
10eew05.jpg

Just like what post #65 said, maybe this is the reason you guys are having problems losing the cars? There's no where for them to spawn?

You make a valid point

ewo1992
  • ewo1992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

What is this site for lennyavery-realty.com for? It's another real estate site, is up and can give you directions to the place. For price it says on application but I can't find a way to buy. There are quite a few properties on this map all confined to a small aera.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

What is this site for lennyavery-realty.com for? It's another real estate site, is up and can give you directions to the place. For price it says on application but I can't find a way to buy. There are quite a few properties on this map all confined to a small aera.

That is a real estate site just for show. The only one you can legitimately interact with and purchase properties from is Dynasty 8, which is down because of Social Club issues.

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

So I sent R* an email yesterday regarding Dynasty 8 and why you cannot access it and whether or not it's online only/you cannot purchase properties.

This was the response:

Thank you for contacting R* technical support.

We have received some reports of this and are currently investigating issue related to Social Club and linking. Rest assured we are working as quickly as possible to get this resolved.

Please subscribe to the following article if you would like to be updated when ther eis more information.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093

Regards,
Adam D

I responded back saying I was aware of that but I was asking about Dynasty 8 specifically and the response was:

Those sites are linked to Social Club same with BAWSAQ stock market.

Regards,

Adam D.

So maybe I am correct and the reason we cannot purchase residential properties is because of SC being overloaded. It was working alright really late yesterday and I was able to get on BAWSAQ and other SC-linked things but today it seems to be down again because they are still working to resolve it.

Just wanted to share, we'll see once they get the SC issues resolved.

I just got the exact same response, spelling error and all, from the exact same person, Adam D. I think these all might be automated and I doubt we should use them as evidence just yet. I sent another response back to him asking him point blank about Dynasty 8. Let's see what he says.

• baskerwil likes this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Maybe it comes later, via a update. There are a lot of housed with a FOR SALE sign.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

I figured the first response was automated/copy pasta. It certainly seems as such considering what was in my email to them.

I responded back point blank asking about Dynasty 8, too saying I was well aware of the SC issue and that's not what I am asking about.

The response was:

Those sites are linked to Social Club same with BAWSAQ stock market.

Regards,

Adam D.

Left it at that because either way, I suppose we should wait for the issues with SC to be resolved to find out what the purpose of Dynasty 8 in SP is.

Would be nice for them to just straight out tell us.

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Bump.

I just accessed BAWSAQ in SP, but dynasty 8 still doesn't work. Is it confirmed we can't?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by Audiophile, 20 September 2013 - 02:14 AM.

Nothing is confirmed.

Bawsaq has been working since the early hours of the 19th but Dynasty 8 is still down along with other features connected to Social Club like Snapmatic. It has periods where it's up but then goes down again due to issues with SC and connectivity. Rockstar is still working to fix these issues.

EDIT: Keep an eye on this - http://support.rocks...icles/200357093

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:14 AM Edited by ChromeAndroid, 20 September 2013 - 02:16 AM.

Stop with the bullsh*t youare given this by lester. F*ck off already

EDIT: my bad my phone said this was the last post lol I thought he was posting it again

Matv103
  • Matv103

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

thats a lie, they gave that house to you for free

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:17 AM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 20 September 2013 - 06:17 AM.

There is a lot of houses with for sale sign infront everywhere. But I think you can buy them only in Online, since Dynasty realities doesnt work yet. 

And why would you want another house, I think 2 for each character are enough + you can save anywhere.

Matv103
  • Matv103

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

hey, i didnt see it say dynasty 8 was a problem for them on that link...i saw by email returned from adam that it was tho....

Nothing is confirmed.

Bawsaq has been working since the early hours of the 19th but Dynasty 8 is still down along with other features connected to Social Club like Snapmatic. It has periods where it's up but then goes down again due to issues with SC and connectivity. Rockstar is still working to fix these issues.

EDIT: Keep an eye on this - http://support.rocks...icles/200357093

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Interesting. So I guess there still is a chance of buying houses. Hope so.

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Well I mean, you are always right. So I guess this means we can? :)

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

pfff.. you even lose a savehouse in the game

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Well I mean, you are always right. So I guess this means we can? :)

ya pretty much. i'll delete my account and hang myself if im wrong...and after i 100% gta 5 of course. wouldnt want to die before then. on 2nd thought ill wait to see if dlc is announced. aww f*ck everything i got too much to live for. or do i? hmm decisions.

DY_DEAD
  • DY_DEAD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Great, so I bought a game I wanted to play for SP. But all the good stuff is reserved for MP. Thanks Rockstar, I guess you ended this generation of gaming in quite the bang. f*ck singleplayer right? f*ck honest marketing right? f*ck the consumers!

Yet again you make alot of money in a GTA game, so you can spend your 1 million + on candy bars. f*ck YES.

Cars dissapear. I have a limited amount of garages (and therefor garage space). Modded cars and such just dissapear, so buying cars is f*cking useless aswel. I can't buy houses (even though it was clearly shown in the gameplay trailer). The guns and ammo are f*cking cheap, and since you don't loose them it doesn't matter anyway.

Great stuff. I guess I will have to play GTA online and deal with griefers and trolls just to buy a safehouse with a garage and some nice cars. Good job Cockstar. 

I highly doubt Dynasty 8 is not available because of Social club problems. NOBODY has been able to acces the site, yet Bawsaq works on and off. It's a feature for MP, togerther with probable DLC. Cockstar even said that Singleplayer was like a tutorial for the "real" game. I had hope, but ofcourse I should've known. Multiplayer is more important then Singleplayer now. 

:(

Big_L91
  • Big_L91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:40 AM Edited by Big_L91, 20 September 2013 - 09:42 AM.

ok im hopefull of this. however i have another question, i havent got xbox live gold yet. im just waiting untill just before online comes out and getting a 3 month pass since i dont really care for playing online all that much but GTAO is looking sweet. will i still be able to access the social club features just with an ethernet cable? i really want the handle bar tash for trev too. if i cant i might go get the gold pass today instead since i dont wanna miss out on anything in SP. especially if we can buy houses and stuff.

Rooodv19
  • Rooodv19

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:05 AM Edited by Rooodv19, 20 September 2013 - 10:06 AM.

Its not really about oh the characters doesnt need another house or 2 what the gta fanbase asked for was the fun back things to do which for instance gtaIV clearly lacked, therefore buying multiple houses is a great way of spending money and also useful that if lets say you're in blain county and you would like to wear something different you dont have to go all the way back to LS, it would piss me off if they took it out since it clearly showed it in the SC trailer.

(Great game though)

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:17 AM Edited by Cyper, 20 September 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Request Received: Residential Properties

Hi there,

In the game manual for Grand Theft Auto: V it says that:

'' […] owned vehicles will re-appear at any residential property that the character owns with garage (note this does not include safehouses) […]’’

While using the Internet in GTA V I entered the sites ‘’Bawsaq’’ and ‘’Dynasty 8’’ to look for residential properties but when I pressed the ‘’Purchase Property’’ button I got a message saying  something in line with ‘’This page is unavailable at the moment’’.

1.Does this just mean that the page will become available in the future?

2.Or does it mean that you can only purchase properties from these site in Multiplayer?

Now, here is the problem:

I must say that residential properties scattered around the map with the ability to Save the game, change clothes, and so forth is for many gtafans a ‘’must have’ especially on a map with this size’. It is both for practical reasons (mentioned above) but also for the sheer freedom which is central to the franchise. Not to say that it is very unfair that people who prefer Singleplayer over Multiplayer will experience a watered down version of the game. I prefer Singleplayer myself, and that’s been the case since I started to play GTA back in 1997.

So, If 2 is the answer, then this issue has to be brought up.

• I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hope they give you a decent response to that not some copy pasta and then a vague answer which can go either way.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

You can't buy safehouses on singleplayer, and you just can own ONE at the same time in GTA Online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users